Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:58 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Day 2 RP Boards 2022
Connections Through Time, P3
Peter Vaughn Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

09-23-2022, 10:39 PM

The Road So Far:

A Secret War Is Brewing, P1

A Secret War Is Brewing, P2

A Secret War Is Brewing, P3

Civil (Servants) War, P1

Civil (Servants) War, P2

Civil (Servants) War, P3

Connections Through Time, P1

Connections Through Time, P2

[Image: executive-summary.jpg]

Time has always been relative to Peter Vaughn. But it's nothing like it's been over the past 24 hours.

Three versions of Peter Vaughn found themselves stuck in an apparent far future, when the United States of America had been apparently wiped off the face of the Earth. One Vaughn was still a teenager, with no grasp of the greatness... and darkness... ahead of him. A second was from our time, a man working to lead an organization he never wanted, while also fighting to retain the Supercontinental Title from the newest threat, Ned Kaye. The third was from the future, where he had been pursuing a nemesis, Bill Sykes, for over twenty years.

It's clear that Sykes is at least partially responsible for the time jumps that the Peter Vaughn Trifecta have dealt with. But there are other factors in play, including one that left a time machine in the future for them to use to return to the past. The machine brought the three of them to 2008, the younger Vaughn's year, which caused him to immediately pass out. The other two Vaughns soon realized where they were, spying on a clueless teenage Vaughn as he worked on the floors of his father's apartment building.

The two had a bigger surprise, though, with an older, damaged Bill Sykes showed up as well, seemingly intent to kill the younger Vaughn... which would end the lives of both older Vaughns in the process. It was a moment where any hesitation would have ended in disaster. Fortunately, one thing Peter Vaughn is known for, at any age, is his willingness to dive right in.~

2008 - The Past

~As Sykes takes aim, pointing the laser straight down the hallway, both Vaughns immediately leap into action. The present Vaughn dives forward, throwing a shoulder into Sykes, while the older Vaughn snaps into a leg sweep, taking Sykes' leg out from under him. Sykes falls backwards, the 'phaser' discharging upwards into the ceiling panel. The sound is loud, but since the younger Vaughn has headphones in, he doesn't react, continuing his work as his father approaches him from behind. Not seeing this, present Vaughn has already dived onto Sykes, smashing away at his hand in order to knock the weapon away.~

Bill Sykes: Get... OFF ME!!!

~Sykes reaches out and grabs the present Vaughn's arm, stunningly throwing him against a wall. A servo can be heard under the sleeve, showing that it's not just Sykes' eye that's been modified. The older Vaughn runs in with an attempt at a punt kick, but Sykes avoids it, grabbing hold of him and sending the older Vaughn careening into the present Vaughn!!!!~

Older Vaughn: YAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!

Present Vaughn: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

~The two men collide... and nothing happens. They both look at their arms, then at each other, before realizing that everything is okay. In the meantime, Sykes has moved away from them, scrambling for the phaser. He picks it up, again aiming around the hall towards the group at the end. We can see that Vaughn and his father have been joined by a much younger, healthier-looking Bill Sykes. They're talking about the buffer, not hearing the commotion down the hall. Who knew the buffer was actually that noisy at the time? The older Sykes takes aim, not wanting to shoot unless he has a clear shot.~

Bill Sykes: Move, damnit! Move!!

~The older Vaughn starts forward, but the present Vaughn grabs him by the sleeve. The older Vaughn looks back, stunned, as the present Vaughn watches the older Sykes' actions.~

Present Vaughn: You're not trying to kill us, are you? And you could shoot my father right now if you wanted... you're aiming at yourself, aren't you?

Bill Sykes: Don't stop me, Peter. This has to happen. I have to end this all now, before it all begins!

Older Vaughn: What the hell, Sykes!

Present Vaughn: Killing yourself isn't going to solve anything. Believe me, I know.

Bill Sykes: You haven't seen it. So many dead... so much destruction... and it's all my fault... I've tried, Peter, again and again, I've tried... I've gone back to talk to myself... I've corrected paths the best I could... but it's all a mess now... the only way out of this... is to stop me from moving forward at all...

~Sykes' grip tightens, as the teenage Vaughn can be seen readjusting the buffer as he prepares to begin moving away from Sykes and Vaughn's father. The opportunity is suddenly clear. He steadies himself...~

Present Vaughn: If you die, I die, Bill.

Bill Sykes: I... what? I don't understand...

Present Vaughn: Have you forgotten, Bill? Before you turned traitor, you saved my ass a few times. I would have been left for dead in Mexico the first time I encountered the Maintenance Mafia. And what about the whole Clone Wars saga? You were a big part of the reason I got back in my true body and out of the virtual world...

~The older Vaughn starts, having his own blast from the past.~

Older Vaughn: Shitdick, I forgot about that Clone Wars run. That asshat version of me, he really becomes a problem in the future.

Bill Sykes: I... I don't... but if I don't die...

Present Vaughn: There's got to be another way, Bill. We can talk it over. But we need to start fixing things starting now...

~Sykes tenses up once more... and then slowly lowers the weapon, sighing deeply. Both Vaughns seem to nod to each other, still prepared to jump in. That's when a singing teenage Vaughn suddenly makes the turn, coming their direction.~

Peter Vaughn: "When I grow up, be on TV, people know me, be on magazines..."

~Vaughn is really into the music, not noticing the three men in front of him at first. After a second, though, he stops short, looking puzzled at the group there. His eyes widen... as the present Vaughn suddenly twists the time machine, sending a blast into the teenage Vaughn. He disappears from sight, as the older Vaughn gasps.~

Older Vaughn: What the FRACK did you just do??

Present Vaughn: I sent him to the future. I just pressed the return button, it sent him back to the exact coordinates he arrived at last time. Well, I mean... damn, time travel is confusing. The point is, we knew he went to the future to meet us, and now he will.

Older Vaughn: But... but then what about...

Present Vaughn: Hey, this timeline's safe, Gramps. Remember, we brought our teenage friend with us. I'm betting that, since he passed out, he's going to forget a lot of what happened here, and maybe think about it as some sort of dream...

Bill Sykes: Yes... that's how it would work. It's the reason I couldn't talk to myself in my own time.

~For a moment, the older Vaughn looks relieved, but then he shakes his head.~

Older Vaughn: So that's one loop fixed. What about the rest? How do we prevent 300 million deaths, Bill?

Bill Sykes: Without killing me? ... I really don't know...

~The older Bill Sykes slumps against the wall, shaking his head, as we can hear Vaughn's father and the younger Sykes having their argument down the hall.~

Sometimes it takes more than one move to come out victorious. But hey, you still want to take that step in the right direction, right?

I know Neddie badly wants to make that move. After all, he needs to justify how much he loves the XWF and loves the fans here. But let's talk about ol' Ned for a second, and what he's done in the past several months to 'earn' this title opportunity. Let's see...

He got his ass kicked at War Games, failing as a team captain. Okay, that was a month ago, but I'm sure he loved the fans by going to house shows or something. Oh, let's see, the next match before that was... oh, when we had the meeting of your testicles. Hmmm, did I hit you that hard that you couldn't wrestle for a month afterwards? I honestly didn't know I did that much damage. I'm rather impressed with myself.

Before that... well, you've got to go all the way back to May, when he once again got his ass kicked, this time by Bobby Bourbon. Hey, Bourbon's a respectable loss, and I guess getting fucked by a rancor will make anyone not want to wrestle for a while. Man, your lower extremities have been taking a wallop this year, haven't they?

But in all seriousness, Ned, I have to ask... if you truly love the sport like you say you do, if you honestly love the fans and want to give them everything they want to see... why are you only wrestling less than once a month? Is your body that broken down from so many disappointments in your beloved XWF? No, I don't think that's it. I think you can still go.

No, I think it's actually because you're lying to yourself. In your subconsciousness, you worry that you're going to start losing this supposed respect you've built up with the entire locker room. You're thinking, what if I keep losing? What will I do to save myself if they don't still put me as a poster boy of the XWF? What if they actually make me retire?

I'd say that's a valid concern, really, especially if you keep wrestling so sporadically the way you are. Sure, the fans love it when a 'legend' returns, but if you're doing it over and over and over, yeah, they WILL grow tired of seeing you fail. I mean, there are going to be some at Relentless who want to root for you, but at the end of the night, they're just going to be so disheartened at the fact that you couldn't manage it once again.

So let me give you a little advice, Kale. Man-to-man, frank advice. Sign yourself up for a match on the next Warfare or Savage. Prepare yourself to jump off this self-fulfilling death loop and start wrestling again. Hey, ask for Tommy Wish, he'd be a good opponent for you to start turning things around again.

You've got to stop being a part-timer. Either get back in that ring or retire your damn ass. Your choice.

2008 - The Past

~The argument down the hall finishes, and both men depart. Thankfully, they head the opposite direction, avoiding another potential crisis. The older Vaughn sighs and turns back, nodding to the present Vaughn. They both turn to Sykes, who is still down on the floor, holding his head.~

Older Vaughn: Alright, Sykes, time to pull yourself together. We need to figure this out.

Present Vaughn: I don't know how long we can stay here, as our younger self could wake up at any moment. So think, man. What can we do to prevent this?

Bill Sykes: I'm telling you, I DON'T KNOW!! I started this all out with good intentions. Back in that Mafia lab, you... were killed, Peter, along with several staff members. Bernardo got a good laugh out of that one, killing so many top leaders of the Coalition. I survived, but I was faced with what I had done. Bernardo and I met up in Venice later that year... he didn't leave.

~Sykes shakes his head, as both Vaughns listen intently to the story, wondering how things turned out the way they did.~

Bill Sykes: I felt such guilt afterwards, Peter. I always just wanted to follow your father's wishes. He never wanted you in the Coalition. But Edward decided to bring you in after your father passed away, and, well, there was nothing I could do about it. And then, you became the Head Custodian, and suddenly I realized that I was being left behind by someone who wasn't even supposed to be there... and I broke for a while. It cost me everything.

Present Vaughn: You know I leaned heavily on you for advice. You were my right-hand man.

Bill Sykes: Maybe, but it didn't feel that way. But when things started to go sideways with the Mafia, I kept trying to find a way out. And then, in that raid... well, obviously things were different. Those who knew the truth had passed on, leaving me as the successor to the Head Custodianship. My dream, right when I no longer wanted it. But I put it to use, Peter. I worked hard for years and years, building up the device that the Mafia had started. In the end, I found out exactly how to get it working... and it was all to make my way back to that night.

~Sykes sits up, remembering vividly how things had gone that night... both times... ~

Bill Sykes: When I went back, I found a way to disable the explosives without being caught. I protected you, Luke, and everyone else in the room, not caring how it ended up for me. I watched, then, as you went after me... attacking me. Doing your best to kill me.

~Surprised, the present Vaughn looks back at his older self, raising his eyebrows. The older Vaughn can only shrug, as he's not really that shocked.~

Present Vaughn: I guess I was pretty pissed... but wait, if I killed you...

Bill Sykes: You didn't, but it was a near thing. I was still watching, so I set off a smoke bomb that allowed my younger self to make his escape... at least, most of me...

~Sykes taps at his robotic eye with a grim smile.~

Bill Sykes: I thought I'd done enough, and I went back to my time... only to find that everything was falling apart. The world was crumbling. And I was becoming unstable, as I no longer belonged to the timeline I was in. I quickly realized that someone in that room who was supposed to die had, instead, made things worse. But I didn't know who. So I tried to go back again, seeking another option. But with every change I made, things just got worse. There was even the radiological explosion that took the lives of so many.

Older Vaughn: The 300 million?

Bill Sykes: Well, no, it was less than that. At least, I think it was. It all gets a little hazy the further I go. Eventually, I decided that the only way to fix this... was a hard reset. But now that you've talked me out of that, Peter... I don't know where to go from here.

Present Vaughn: Hmmm... well, actually, I think the "hard reset" might still be on the table...

Older Vaughn: We're not letting him kill himself. It's not going down like that.

Present Vaughn: I'm not even sure he COULD kill himself, as that loop would be downright insane. After all, if you kill yourself, you're not there, so you can't kill yourself, which means you're back, and it goes on and on...

Bill Sykes: I... I didn't even think of that. But then, what CAN we do?

Present Vaughn: The only move I see available to us: we go to my time... and wipe out the time machine from Sykes' access.

Older Vaughn: Wait, but wouldn't that just cause the same time loop?

Present Vaughn: Not necessarily. After all, we're talking data, not a person, and there are ways around that. Also, you're going to have to be the one to do it, Gramps. I won't be able to stay conscious once we get there.

Older Vaughn: So... so I'll be replacing your version there as well?

~The present Vaughn pats the older Vaughn on the shoulder, no longer worried about touching them. Both of them still wince in slight anticipation, then let out relieved breaths when nothing happens.~

Present Vaughn: I have faith in you. You're the most 'experienced', right? So let's go over the plan...

~The two Vaughns and a weary-looking Sykes begin to talk things out, as we cut away.~

I love it when a plan comes together.

That being said, it feels like Neddy really has a different view of how I've planned things out for myself in the XWF. Once again, he's acting like my signing on with Chronic Chris Page Enterprises is some dirty act that shows how I'm willing to sell myself for money. I just don't get the reasoning, really. I mean, aren't you trying to get what you think you deserve as well? Isn't there a little bit there that's about the money? I mean, you've saddled yourself up with the boss, Cashe, and Kido, haven't you? Wasn't at least part of that to ensure a bigger paycheck for yourself and your family?

Are we really that different in that regard?

And while you paint yourself as Theo's guy but not someone who will do what he says, you also try to paint me the exact opposite, with zero evidence to the contrary. I've accepted some jobs that Page has found me, including some exclusive matches on big events. But I've also turned some down that didn't work for me. I've refused to show up for some other CCPE guys, if I didn't think it was worth my time. So if you want to look at it as a "loyalty" issue, well, there you go. I respect what Page has done for me, but I'm not moving at the crack of his whip, either.

I mean, seriously, what have I done in the last four months that makes you think I'm a yes man? I've probably given Chris more headaches than most of the others combined. And I'm going to keep doing that, because despite our disagreements, we still seem to be able to improve each other's standings, and that's all that matters to me.

Hey, you know how that goes. It explains how you got this title opportunity despite barely wrestling over the past half year.

So you keep spouting all about your willingness to do things your own way, Nestle. You believe what you want. But no matter how you try to alter what I am, you can't change the fact that I won this title on my own, I defended it on my own, and I'm going to be walking out of Relentless with the championship still around my waist... all... by... myself.

Unless, I mean, someone from CCPE shows up. I can't control their actions, after all. It's a loyalty thing.

2022 - The Present

~We see the view of an apparent garage, where we see various gearheads working on a couple of raised cars. The camera pans past them, through the wall, where we see the hidden Maintenance Mafia computer laboratory. There are five people there, typing away, apparently inputting data into the system. Nobody is paying attention to each other, as a guard walks behind them, holding his semi-automatic weapon. He glances around at each person, then gets closer to the last person, leaning in towards him.~

Older Vaughn: Have you got it yet?

Bill Sykes: Almost there.

~Sykes is trying to keep his face hidden as he works away on the computer, transferring data around. The older Vaughn nods and turns away, walking his designated path, as he checks his watch. He knows the original guard could be regaining consciousness soon. This plan was walking a razor's edge, especially with the present Vaughn laying out cold in a truck outside. If all went well, he'd be found later, confused about everything that had happened. The older Vaughn checks his watch again, pacing as he returns to Sykes.~

Older Vaughn: We're almost out of time.

Bill Sykes: It's okay. I've done what you asked me to, Peter. Well, the younger you, at least...

Older Vaughn: So it's done?

Bill Sykes: Yes. When I come in here in a few minutes... I won't find the file on the time travel device.

Older Vaughn: You think it's going to work? I mean, we're causing a bit of a cross-up in the timeline right now...

Bill Sykes: Don't worry, I think Peter's plan is going to work... and also... I owe you my thanks, Peter. Being able to erase the proof here without being monitored...

Older Vaughn: Your younger self deserves another chance, Bill. But he better not blow it, because I'm still going to be there in the future, waiting for him...

~Sykes laughs to himself, looking up at Vaughn with two good eyes. The older Vaughn notices the difference, even if Sykes himself doesn't. Suddenly, Sykes begins to disappear from sight, fading away as he continues to smile. The older Vaughn looks around, as nobody else seems to notice the change. Now there are only four programmers left in the room, as a red light begins to flash, and an alarm sounds. The older Vaughn straightens up.~

Older Vaughn: INTRUDERS! BEGIN DELETION PROTOCOL!!

~As the programmers scramble to comply, a grenade comes flying into the room, spraying off a green cloud that begins to knock everyone out in the room. No one, thus, can see that a shield appears to be surrounding the older Vaughn as he pretends to slump to the side, with none of the smoke reaching him. He plays it up, anyways, just in case... ~

Older Vaughn: That... that smells... miinnnntttyyy....

~The older Vaughn then drops to the floor, waiting as the forces of the Custodial Coalition charge into the room. They begin to take stock, with the younger Bill Sykes moving towards the computer, intent to search for information... and try to remove his name, while Luke, outside, is watching. Knowing this can't happen, the older Vaughn inches upwards, aiming the time device... and firing it, enveloping a surprised present Vaughn. He disappears, to go meet his fellow time travelers in the future, even as the rest of the group reacts, shooting back at where they thought the shot came from. But no one else is there, as the older Vaughn disappeared at the same time, returning to his own timeline. The staff scrambles around, launching a search for Peter Vaughn, and eventually finding him woozy on the outside of the building, having gotten out of a vehicle. They took him back to the headquarters for medical treatment, with his top assistant, Bill Sykes, taking charge of his overall well-being.~

~Later on that night, we see Vaughn getting looked after in the medical ward. He angrily pushes away a nurse, trying to get out of bed.~

Peter Vaughn: Damn it, I'm perfectly fine! I have to get out of here, I've got training to do! Relentless is the biggest show of the year, I need to be perfect when I compete there!

Nurse: And how perfect will you be if I'm forced to sedate you and leave you here for the next week?

Peter Vaughn: You... you wouldn't do that.

Nurse: Ask around. I'll do just about anything.

~The nurse walks away, leaving Vaughn to uncomfortably settle himself back into bed. He shakes his head, then takes a deep breath before reaching for his laptop. He drags it over, taking the time to look over his messages. One, in particular, stands out to him.~

Peter Vaughn: Hmm... "Eyes Only"... "Potential New Technology"... interesting. Strange, why does it say "No Sykes"? Well, maybe he's the one who found it and sent it to me, doesn't want his name associated with it. Okay, I know a few people I can talk to, then. I wonder what this device does? Guess we'll find out eventually...

~Vaughn sends off the e-mail to the appropriate people, before looking to his right. It looks like the nurse might have moved on with her rounds, so Vaughn pulls himself up and sneaks to the doorway. He peeks out... and sees her standing there, wiggling a needle back and forth with a smug grin. Vaughn gulps.~

Peter Vaughn: Hey, uh, any chance I can get a Coke? Thanks.

~Vaughn quickly shuts the door, rolling his eyes as he reluctantly heads back to the bed once again. We fade out.~

So that about wraps everything up, Neddykins.

No point in continuing to act so noble and "holier-than-thou" anymore.

It's time for us to get into that antique store and beat the shit out of each other.

We both know that your 'proud' attitude will go out the window when we get in there. You're going to become a crazed berserker trying to put me away by any means necessary, and I'm going to stay the insane sociopath who will gladly crack every rib in your chest if it means I retain my title. It's going to be an extremely violent affair, and neither of us will be backing down from using each and every item at our disposal.

In other words, you will truly be just like me.

And yes, I know this is kind of your worst nightmare. You'd rather I was like you, but hey, look on the bright side: I will be, because we're going to be the same. Two warriors with nothing to lose and everything to gain. The only difference, really, Ned, is that I don't know if you have it in you to take that final step towards victory.

Sometimes you've just got to be willing to kill to get what you want.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not looking to score my first Fatality in XWF Kombat. But there are many different ways a person can die, and any of them could be on the table when we face off. Really, I think it's going to be your soul, because you're never going to be the same after Relentless goes off the air. You may never live this down, because you have such a low opinion of me.

As for me, I'll be damn glad to have your name up there with so many who have underestimated my abilities and overestimated my weaknesses. I'm going to be celebrating this victory for a long, long time.

Thank you, Ned, for not being Calypso.

I will never forget this, because it's going to be one of my greatest moments ever in the XWF. So, again, thank you for allowing me to take this from you.

It's going to be a hell of a Plunge.

2042 - The Future

~The camera comes up one more time, as we are now in a darkened building somewhere downtown. There's a bright flash of light... and the older Peter Vaughn appears in the room. He stumbles forward, nearly out of breath, but manages to recover. He slowly moves over to the desk nearby, taking a seat as he pulls the time travel device out of his pocket, staring at it.~

Older Vaughn: So... it seems to have... worked out, after all. Things are... back in order. My mind, though... so fuzzy... so many conflicting memories... but it's all fine... it's all... fine...

~Vaughn reaches to the side, opening a cabinet and pulling out a bottle of brandy. He pours himself a shot, slamming it down. He then turns and looks to the side, at a picture that's sitting there. It shows Vaughn next to Bill Sykes, both men smiling. Vaughn shakes his head.~

Older Vaughn: I'm going to miss you, Bill... man, the temptation is tough. But as you both told me... it has to end here.

~After a second, Vaughn pulls out a phaser weapon from the side of the desk. He carefully aims... and shoots the time travel device, disintegrating it. The device vanishes, never to be used again. Vaughn sighs once more and pours another shot, nodding once to the photo before drinking it. We slowly leave the shot with one more view of the outside... with everything looking very still and peaceful.~

[Image: mechanicposter.jpg]

CWF Paramount Champion
GCWA Hardcore Champion
Outsiders Champion (x3)
OCW Craze Champion
OCW World Champion
TPW International Champion (First-Ever) (x2)
PW Valor World Heavyweight Champion
XWF Universal Champion
Level Up Game Genie Winner
XWF Supercontinental Champion
WGWF West Coast Rumble Winner
WGWF World Heavyweight Champion
SCW (Sin City) Roulette Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Peter Vaughn's post:
Raion Kido (09-24-2022), Theo Pryce (09-24-2022)