Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 09:01 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Day 2 RP Boards 2022
Miller Time: SLAY THE GOAT
BamMiller Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

09-22-2022, 09:54 AM

We open up to an old Catholic Foster home in Detroit Michigan, The outside of the home isn't in good condition as the paint is falling off the walls, the front windows have boards on them, and the roof has a hole in the middle that the bright sun shines through. As we enter the home we notice it hasn't been open in a while as we see cobwebs and dust everywhere on the walls and ceiling while the floorboards creak with each step taken. We go deeper into the house as we walk up the old squeaky steps to the upstairs floor and then turn a corner into a room where the sun shines through the hole and down on Bam that sits on a kid-size Bed as he stares at the wall that has an old Wrestleverse poster of The Goat James Raven on it, he stares at it for a moment and even admires it a little before putting on a smirk as the camera zooms in.

I can almost remember it like it was yesterday I was nothing more than a teen when I went to my first wrestling event and it just so happens it was an XWF event at that and one of their biggest Wrestleverse where I saw James Raven wrestle for the first time live, sure I had seen him on TV before as he impressed us with his in-ring skill and the overly charming, charismatic attitude he carries with him, but seeing him in person was so different.

Bam looks at the poster again as he appreciates every detail of it.

I was already on the path to the wrestling business when I went to that show, the idea of being in the ring was always exciting to me, and being able to cause pain to another person was always a draw to me but then seeing James Raven The Goat himself perform at the highest level that many people say nobody else can reach and when James is at his best he is untouchable and that's why he's the Goat and it showed during that time of dominance he showed as he took out heavy hitter after heavy hitter. Hell, he even beat my agent and friend Chris Page whos just as much of a legend as the next guy but even he couldn't hold a candle next to prime James Raven.

Bam smiles as he sits there on the bed reminiscing.

I'm not even sure if James is aware of how many people he inspired to get into this business and try to have the same success as him. I can't even lie I've always been a fan of his because I could tell he really gave a damn about the fans and the product itself. James just doesn't show up to work, he shows up to create art, moments we will never forget and can only relive over and over again in our heads. James has created more dreamers than sleep has ever done. Just go ask any young star in the locker room about James Raven you would get the same answer and that he's the reason I'm here.

Bam pulls a black box from under his old bed and sits it to the side of him and pulls out an old XWF shirt with James Raven's autograph and then a picture of a young Bam with a primed James Raven together.

Man, this right here takes me back and was one of the best days I had growing up and I can remember it just so accurately because growing up in this dump wasn't too many great memories to hold on to but this one right here was special. I got to meet The Goat later that night at Wrestleverse. James was so cool and made me feel like he gave a damn that I had to hustle to get money to buy a ticket just to see him and it was worth it too, he really made my day when he agreed to take this picture and even told an orphan teen like I could grow up and be just like him. That meant a lot and gave me the extra fuel I needed to ignite my fire to grow deeper inside me. He set me on this path that led me here now. Meeting James Raven was surreal, to me it was like the Pope meeting God. That's how epic that day was for me because James gave me hope that a kid from Detroit Michigan could grow up and make something of himself. I thought I left a good impression of myself to James, but years later I would find out that wasn't true at all.

Bam stands up and reaches into his left pocket for his Newport cigarettes. He pulls one out and taps it on his hand before lighting it up and taking a few puffs, then blows the smoke out towards the hole in the roof as he looks up and watches the smoke dance off towards the sun as the wind blows it away.

You see James you may not remember but just last year and a couple of months ago I arrived in OCW, at the time they were a great company coming up and had signed a lot of great talent after their Margarita mix that I competed in and I was making big waves in the company when we started feuding with the XWF, I'm sure everyone remembers that. Hell that's how I met my agent Chris Page, back then I was willing to kick his ass but that's not important right now what is important is that the man I looked up to James Raven had no time for me, I could never get a one on one conversation with you and I understand you were running things as General Manager at the time and that probably kept you busy but then….

Bam takes another slow pull from his cigarette as he focuses on the poster again that hangs against the aging wall. He inhales the smoke and then blows it out in a form of an O.

OCW fired me and a bunch of other people and you let that happen to us, that's when I first started to second guess who you really are and I know you probably have guilt but you still let this happen under your watch. Do you know how heartbreaking and embarrassing that experience was? I gave my all to OCW and was ready to go to war against the XWF until that day happened and I could've thrown a fit like some of the others did on Twitter but not me. I sat back and weighed my options over and signed here with the XWF because they saw my value.

Bam pauses as he thinks about what he says next while puffing on his cigarette again to calm his nerves.

The place you made your legacy, saw that I could be a pillar for their future and they quickly put the rocket on my back as they put me in the path of one of their biggest stars at the time Jim Caedus who was holding the XWF Xtreme Championship at the time, a Championship that you brought so much prestige too during your time in the XWF, what was it eight or nine times you held that thing above your head? Yeah, that sounds right and I took it from Jim with one single swing with a brick, and just like that the Jim caedus era was over and I begin my rise into this company and the reason the company trusted me was that they know no matter who it is, I’ll show up and make it the must-see money fight. Fight?

Bam smirks as he rubs his fingers through his brown bearded chin.

Fight was so long ago but so fresh in my mind, especially your arrival. It was surreal to see you again this time as a competitor and not someone wearing the GM hat. You had the whole world's attention again as you helped NSQ remain in power. You created so much buzz and had the world talking about you again and there was legitimate excitement from the fans and even from your peers like me. We were all ready to see James Raven back in the ring and away from a desk. The dream matches that you could have with talents like Dickie Watson, Paul Montuori, Joe Montuori, and many more. You had the world in the palm of your hand, people were literally acting like it was the second coming of Jesus. Ticket prices, merchandise and anything else Fight could put your name on were selling quickly, and stadiums were packed out but then you failed to deliver on the hype…

Bam pauses for a moment and then takes another slow pull from his cigarette.

We waited to see what great things James Raven would accomplish in Fight, but you never really got going there and I'm sure you'll bring up winning the Island Titles with Atara but that was really beneath a man of your stature. You were supposed to come in and take Fight to the next level but all you did was become a background player in NSQ while Shawn and Dickie soaked up all the glory and fame. You faded away and so did the company before you could change that narrative and then everyone started to question does he even still have it.

Bam pulls out a Miller Lite beer from his black leather jacket and takes a few sips.

You've had a few good matches since then, your match with Chris Page at the DPI last February was a classic between two old rivals who wanted to see who was the better man this far down in their careers but we didn't get an answer to that because The Goat couldn't put Chris Page away and then you gave my good friend Peter Vaughn the fight of his life, hell it was his dream match and he really brought it to you despite what the critics thought but even then the great James Raven couldn't find a way to close out.

Bam shakes his head with a confident smile as he takes a sip of his beer.

It's just been such a long time since anyone could really call you a winner, for a while now we’ve been giving you the benefit of the doubt because of the nostalgia and the great moments you gave us in the past Raven. You know it’s funny how people said Matthew Knox was a great value Raven when you two share something in common… You both got put on your back by Corey Black! Nobody likes to bring it up because it is a blemish on your record but facts or facts you couldn’t get the job done then and like I explained earlier, you haven’t gotten the job done in a very long time, my friend. We might be going back to Relentless but there will be no turning back the clock and giving a vintage Raven performance.

He smirks with a bright smile as he reaches into his box and takes out a black dart and throws it at the James Raven poster.

The most accomplished thing you’ve done is fucked Atara, had a baby and tied the knot. Congratulations you're on track to being retired and I’m going to be the one to put you there. It’s clear as day that you lost love for this business a long time ago. That’s why you haven’t signed anywhere except where Atara tells you to because that rub from you better advances her career but as far as you doing anything worth talking about has been a dead subject for a long time, Raven.

He throws another dart and this time it lands on target as it hits James Raven's face.

That’s why I didn’t like seeing you at Warfare a few weeks ago, I could see past the cheesy smile and forced charisma that you were only back to steal the spotlight from young, hungry talent such as myself. I’m not even sure if you love the XWF as you claim because we only see you around this time of the year when the lights are the brightest and the media coverage is insane. You wanted it all for yourself but I wasn’t going to let that happen but you didn’t take me seriously James, you didn’t look at me as a threat to you. Instead, you looked at me as still that same child from way back then, you looked at me and thought to yourself who the fuck does this guy think he is stepping to me like we are seen on the same level. You turned your back on me and walked away with Atara like everything was good and sweet but you found out real quick I don’t do the jokes.

Bam laughs to himself for a moment as he rubs his hands through his brown beard and then takes a sip from his beer.

When I laid you out at the IIW Red Alert PPV that was a message to you that the fun and games were over and business was about to pick up. I don’t know if you’ve had time to talk to Page but he should’ve told you you done fucked up because The Slayer gets you in his sights there is no getting out of it and I know many people, including you, Page and he’ll even the fans think I don’t have a chance against you. I read the dirt sheets and see the comments from the fans. Nobody has faith in me to do what many others haven’t been able to do and that takes down The Goat!

Bam chugs the rest of his beer and then throws it against the dried-up paint-peeling wall.

They look at you and they look at me and they laugh in my face for even thinking I stand a chance of going against a Multi-time World Heavyweight Champion, a man that’s headlined many great events, and defeated legends and icons of this business. You have the world's respect but also their pity because they want to see you as still the charismatic Goat but in reality, they see the signs of your greatness deteriorating right in front of their eyes. You are no different from Jordan, Kobe, and Joe Montana who all had to come to terms late in their career that they just aren't the guy anymore, and while you have the better overall track record compared to me. Anyone I ever faced will tell you the same thing James, win or lose I'm going to take you to the limit, this will not be a one-sided affair like everyone thinks. To my gamblers out there you better bet on the underdog.

Bam points to himself.

You see why I lack the flash that James Raven has. I make up for it with what's inside of here.

Bam beats his fist against his heart.

I got a lot of heart and a ball of burning fire that's deep inside me and only grows more with each fuel of doubt from everyone that doesn't see me as a threat. I get fuel to prove everyone that ever doubted me wrong. I am driven to show my parents that they were dead wrong to leave be abounded in the dumpster. I m going to show them I have value and that I can be the man that beats The Goat James Raven. I got the memories of this fucked of place I stand in right now that fuel me each day because when I start to self-doubt and second guess myself I can always look back at my time in this hell hole that was supposed to give me the love and happiness that my parents rejected to give me but instead this place gave me pure rage and anger.

Bam grabs the picture of him and James Raven as he walks out of his old kid's room and walks down the hall for a few moments before coming to a closet with an old rusty lock on it that Bam is able to break easily with the brick that he pulled from his back pocket. He opens the door and the first thing that stands out in the dark quiet closet is a chair that has arm straps and leg straps attached to it along with the words Punishment Chair engraved on it.

They locked a lot of kids over the years in here as a way to punish us for our sins or whatever Mother Karen didn't feel like was holy enough for us to be doing, but none spent as much time as I did in here as I was locked away in the dark and unable to move. Just alone with my thoughts as I sat in here thinking about how fucked of a life I was given at a young age and I thought really hard about what I would do to change this situation for me, I had a lot of time to really think about it and that's when I made up my mind that I would do whatever it takes to better myself no matter what.

Bam closes the door and walks back down the hall as he heads toward the old raggedy squeaky steps, he's careful with each step he takes, knowing he could fall and hurt himself before Relentless. He takes one last step as he reaches the aging floors and walks into the kitchen and the first thing you notice is all the locks on the cabinets and refrigerator.

My hunger started a long time ago right here in this kitchen, Mother Karen didn't think we should have the right to feed ourselves, clearly, a ploy to make us rely on her even more but that cold bitch didn't give a damn if we were starving, not even if the other kids would cry themselves to sleep but not me. I got creative and found a way to outsmart her and feed my hunger. So to those that think I'm just some wild animal that's going to go in blind against James Raven without a plan you got another thing coming when I outsmart the clever Raven. There might not be any pins or submissions but I will walk away with the win when I ascend to the top of the Tower and hook up my electrical cord and shock James Raven back to reality.

Bam smirks as he walks out of the kitchen and heads for the front of the house as he picks up a gasoline can and pours gas throughout the house and really soaks the kitchen and upstairs rooms up the most before leaving out the front door and then takes a knife to him and James Raven photo that he leaves attached to the wall as he lights up a cigarette.

That reality will be that he is no longer the man or the Goat that ran the wrestling scene instead James you are nothing more than reputation at this point. You live off your past accomplishments because there is nothing to brag about these days except for playing second fiddle to Atara. After all, you no longer have the desire to be great and that's why I'm not calling our match a Dream Match as Peter did for you two because unlike my good friend Peter I know The Goat James Raven won't be standing across the ring from me.

Bam shakes his finger as he puffs on his cigarette again.

Instead, it will just be a shell of your former self and that's why I'm going to do the same favor they did gave Old Yeller when they put the old washed-up bitch out of its misery and I'm going to do the same thing to so you can finally hang it up the boots and go home and put on an apron and be the very best house dad you can be because your finished and I'm going to burn you from memory and make sure people remember that The story of Goat raven was a myth and he got Slayed by The Top Guy Slayer.

Bam takes one last long pull before tossing the cigarette into the fire as he walks away and the home gets absorbed into the fire as the smoke trails into the blue open sky and the last image we see is the picture of James and Bam fading away.

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like BamMiller's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (09-22-2022), Atara Raven (09-22-2022), Raion Kido (09-23-2022), Ring Master (09-22-2022), Theo Pryce (09-24-2022)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates BamMiller's post!
Atara Raven (09-22-2022)