Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-17-2024, 08:44 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » XWF War Games 2022
War Masters 2: The Universal Ruler
Peter Vaughn Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

07-23-2022, 03:05 PM

[Image: warmasters.png]

Once again we open 25 years into the future, and once again we see that the World is burning and there is a major war going on.

Instead of seeing Mastermind’s twin daughters Bernadette and Margaret like we did in the opening of Dolly Water’s future, this time we see two strong strapping young lads trying to make their way to the next fight. Their names: Vinnie and Jacob, Mastermind’s twin sons.

They have been broken apart from their sisters and are trying desperately to meet back up with them, but as of yet, have had no luck.

Both Vinnie and Jacob have had to stop to get strength back in them, and to feed themselves. They have a fire going with a pot of water on top of it boiling away.

Vinnie is sitting there, waiting patiently, while Jacob is on guard making sure no one sneaks up on them.

Vinnie: Bro do you remember the time Dad had fought his way back into the XWF after he left the first time from sheer exhaustion because he threw everything into his run, and all he got in return was like a lot of losses and a few sprinkle of wins?

Jacob: Yes, so, what of it?

Vinnie: Then he came back and won a few championships, and looked pretty good.

Jacob: Yes and your point is?

Vinnie: I believed he called that his wanting to become the top guy in the XWF...

Jacob: He was never going to be the top guy, the ruler of the XWF Universe, because he wasn’t at his best back then, that’s why his health failed him.

Vinnie: He did build himself a stable to help him get further...

Jacob: But he wasn’t ready to be on top. He wasn’t a Universe Ruler or anything at the time but he was trying to be.

Vinnie: That’s my point exactly.

Jacob: What’s your point, bro? You aren’t making sense?

Vinnie: Dad told me once, that in order to become the top guy or a real leader, you need to lead the ground work first, and show people that you are ready to lead.

There was silence.

Jacob: That actually makes a lot of sense…

Suddenly there was a noise from the sky, and both Jacob and Vinnie look up.

Vinnie: Run!

Vinnie moves off into the distance. At first Jacob felt stuck to the ground, his feet weren’t moving, and then he got them to, and as he tried to follow his brother, there was a huge crash and a massive explosion.

[Image: bowling-strike-hit-fire-explosion-concep...101396.jpg]

~The sound of the pins flying in every direction should be recognizable to anyone who’s ever been bowling… or anyone who’s watched Kingpin. The camera focuses on the lane in front of us, where it looks like we have an unfortunate split of the 7, 9, and 10 variety. The camera switches around to show the bowler in question, as Peter Vaughn shakes his head with frustration.~

Vaughn: Damn. How was that not a strike??

~Behind him, smiling, is his half-brother, Thomas Hill, who lazily gets up and walks forward to stand next to Vaughn.~

Hill: You’re trying to throw with too much force, Peter. You know you don’t actually have to launch it so hard, right? The ball isn’t supposed to have any altitude at the beginning…

Vaughn: I thought that was the whole point. Put everything you have into it, and it’ll cause the pins to get flung every which way.

Hill: A common misconception. Bowling’s more about accuracy than strength. Just try to take some off of it and aim right between the two right pins.

~Vaughn sighs, as bowling has never been his favorite sport. But he does as Thomas says, taking a few deep breaths before walking forward and throwing a ‘weak’ toss, at least as it feels to him. But the ball actually stays on its intended trajectory, hitting the 9 and 10 pins so perfectly that the 9 pin flies to the side, bouncing off and connecting with the 7, knocking it over! Vaughn looks up at the screen, surprised to see the “slash” blinking on the screen.~

Hill: There you go! See? You’ve got yourself a spare.

Vaughn: That works for picking them up, I suppose. But for a strike?

Hill: If you aim at just the right spot, you can pull it off. Watch.

~Hill sets himself up to the right, focusing on a spot just to the left of the center pin. He takes measured steps, releasing the bowling ball just where he wants it. It flies down the alley, hitting almost exactly where he wanted. Almost. Most of the pins fly away, but the 3 and 6 pins stay up. Hill grimaces, knowing that Vaughn is likely already smirking behind him.~

Hill: Okay, so I’m no Jason Belmonte.

Vaughn: Who?

Hill: He’s a… nevermind.

~Hill gets his bowling ball as it comes back, positioning himself to try for the spare. In the meantime, Vaughn glances over, noticing that some of the younger men nearby are hollering and carrying on. One slaps the backside of a waitress,who scurries away from him, annoyed. A hero would step in and defend her honor. Vaughn’s no hero, he just shrugs and drinks his beer.~

Hill: Damn it.

Vaughn: Huh? You miss it?

~Vaughn looks forward, where he sees one pin standing for a second before the pinsetter knocks it down. He chuckles.~

Vaughn: If you lose to me, Thomas, you’ll never live it down. You know that, right?

Hill: Just… take your turn, okay?

Vaughn: Sure.

~Vaughn gets up, taking his position and looking down at the newly refreshed pins at the end of the alley.~

Vaughn: Take a little off, huh?

~Vaughn steps forward, still not with much rhythm, and launches the ball down towards the pins. He didn’t take much off, but it was apparently enough, as it hits just in the right spot to cause the Strike. Vaughn steps back, looking around at a worried Thomas.~

Vaughn: Good advice, bro. So how much did we wager on this again?

~Thomas groans, getting up to take his turn as Vaughn comes back, again looking towards the rowdy crowd a few lanes over. It seems like a couple are pointing in his direction, but Vaughn ignores them. He’s used to being recognized. Thomas, meanwhile, focuses himself.~

Hill: C’mon, bowling gods. I need this.

~He steps forward and lets loose, with the camera following the bowling ball for a few seconds… ~

~When the camera cuts back in, we see Vaughn counting a series of bills, smirking to himself. Behind him, Hill just looks disappointed, carrying his custom bowling bag. Vaughn rented everything, so as he puts away the money, all he has to carry is his last beer.~

Vaughn: It really is a pleasure getting together, brother.

Hill: Shut up. I should’ve known you were a ringer. I bet you used to bowl all the time.

Vaughn: Actually, nah, I never did. But your tips plus my being such an inspirational athlete…

Hill: inspirational, yeah, right.

Vaughn: Well, it’s your fault for betting against me, Thomas. Take this lesson to heart and don’t ever do it again.

Hill: Don’t worry, I won’t.

~Vaughn walks away, still looking pleased with himself. They head for the door, when Vaughn’s suddenly grabbed from the side. He looks up, startled, as one of the college kids from earlier has him by the arm.~

Drunk Jock: I’m telling you, it’s him! You’re Peter Vaughn, aren’t you?

Vaughn: You wanna let go of me, slick? You need that arm to bowl, don’t you?

~The guy lets go, although it was more because of his balance than Vaughn’s threat. He laughs loudly, as a few others come over.~

Drunk Jock: I saw you on TV the other day! You were on Anarchy, right?

Vaughn: Nope. I defended my title on Warfare, though.

Drunk Jock: R-r-right, that was it. Warfare. You got lucky against Calypso, right?

~Vaughn is suddenly quiet, glancing over at the drunk guy. His friends are goading him on, chortling to themselves. Hill, sending something, steps forward.~

Hill: Hey, guys. We’re just here to have a good time, so no autographs or anything, alright?

Drunk Jock: Autographs? From him? Hah hah, that’s a good one!

Second Drunk: Why the hell would we want his Jesse Handcock?

Hill: Er, that’s John Hancock…

Second Drunk: I KNOW WHAT I MEANT!!

Drunk Jock: What the hell has this guy ever done to be famous? He… he got such a break when he fought a messed-up Jim Caedus.

Second Drunk: He was gifted with that tournament against undeserving wrestlers instead of real fighters!

Drunk Jock: And he got extremely lucky because Calypso was five times better than him before he slipped up! If I was you, Vaughn, I would just thank your damn fairy godmother and be glad I did anything in this…

~The glass bottle shatters into the drunk jock’s face. He falls to the floor, knocked senseless, as everyone else in the group looks on for a moment in shocked silence.~

Hill: Peter, what the hell did you do??

~The second drunk steps forward, angry for his friend, but Vaughn doesn’t back off. He leaps forward, snapping off a string of curses as he tackles the second man to the ground! The others start to pile on, as one goes for Thomas. He backs off, raising his hands, but defends himself when the guy starts swinging. As the brawl takes off, everyone in the bowling alley moves around to watch and record it. The only one who doesn’t is the manager, who gets on the phone.~

Manager: I need help! Shanky’s Bowling Alley! Yes, I know, us again, just get the police over here now!!

~The manager ducks as a tray comes flying his way, apparently tossed in the melee. He ducks below the counter with another worker, looking to ride out the violent storm.~

I can’t believe it.

How can this even be happening?

I just don’t understand.

Somehow, I’m stuck in a Calypstopian time-loop that appears to have no escape routes.

First, I was teamed with Calypso without my permission, against one of the greatest XWF tag-teams ever. He let me down so badly that night that I walked out on him, which, I know, some have criticized me for. But that’s where it began. Somehow, after that, Calypso sneaks into a shot at my Supercontinental Title. Everyone thought, oh, here’s where Peter Vaughn gets his comeuppance. This is where he pays for leaving the tag match.

But I flattened Calypso. I showed the world how much better I was over him.

So how could the XWF powers-that-be decide that our teams should face off at War Games??

I mean, I suppose I should look at it as a good thing. I easily dispatched him last time, so in a way, it’s like being given a free fall at the PPV. Plus, Calypso put together a terrible team for the event. The only one worthy of any respect is NKWC. Honestly, I see it as a four-on-one handicap match once we get rid of the rest of the ‘talent’.

But I’m ready to move on. I want to defend the Supercontinental Title against the best of the best, and Calypso sure as hell doesn’t qualify anymore. He shouldn’t go to the back of the line; he should be barred from ever getting another shot again. And maybe I can make that happen. Maybe if I beat Calypso so damn badly in that ring, utterly decimating him while his poor teammates are forced to watch, maybe he’ll be done entirely with the XWF.

Calypso doesn’t get to be my partner. He doesn’t get to be my adversary. He deserves to be removed from the picture entirely.

And if I get my opportunity? You can bet I’m going to take it.

~The camera comes back up, showing us the inside of a jail cell. There are two people locked up. One is a comatose bum laying on a bench. The other is a disheveled Peter Vaughn. He’s pacing, looking like he’s still full of rage-powered energy. It’s probably good that the bum is already unconscious. Vaughn turns when he hears a door slam, glancing forwards as his brother appears, accompanied by a guard.~

Vaughn: You made bail?

Hill: Actually, the manager told them I was just defending myself. You, though… why couldn’t you control yourself, Peter?

Vaughn: Hey, they started it!!

Hill: No, they mouthed off to you. You were the one who slashed the councilman’s son with a bottle!!

Vaughn: … Councilman?

Hill: They just told me… he’s pushing for you to get charged with attempted murder…

Vaughn: That’s ridiculous! It was a fight, pure and simple!

Hill: One of the other guys said you tried to choke him out.

Vaughn: … That was a SLEEPER hold!

Hill: To those outside the wrestling world, it’s a choke, bro. Look, I’m going to do my best to get bail set up for you, but this guy’s got some powerful friends.

Vaughn: You know I’ve got a big match coming up soon, right? I can’t miss War Games!

Hill: I know, but..

Guard: That’s enough. Let’s keep moving.

~The guard pushes Hill, who glares at him before starting to move.~

Hill: I’ll talk to Mom, we’ll figure something out…

Vaughn: But I… damn it!

~Vaughn kicks at the bars in frustration. It’s not the best of ideas, as he hobbles back over to lean against the wall. He slumps there, still fuming at those guys who put him here. The eyes close, with Vaughn listening to nothing as the thoughts rage inside him. He doesn’t even hear the footsteps that start close by.~

Mastermind: There you are Vaughn. I’ve been looking all over for you, I had to use the Taimarus to find you.

~Vaughn glances up, startled, to find Mastermind standing in front of him. Vaughn glances at the door, having not heard it move. He stands up.~

Vaughn: What the hell are you doing here? I’m surprised they even let you in.

Mastermind: I’ve been made a captain for the XWF War Games, and I’m putting together my own team, and well I’ve always seen you as a strong competitor as you are the current Supercontinental Champion, and so I want you on my team, so we can win our match.

Vaughn: I hate to say it, but I may not be there. Damn rich kids screwed me over.

Mastermind: What if I told you I can make all of this go away? Like the charges, your time in jail, everything. You just need to go through the door.

Vaughn: What door? The cell’s still locked.

~Vaughn points forward, but Mastermind points in the opposite direction. Vaughn turns, confused, and finds that there is now a glowing door on the other side of the jail cell. He looks at it in confusion.~

Vaughn: Where does it lead?

Mastermind: You will just have to follow me, and trust me.

Vaughn: I’m not big on trust… but if it’s a way out of here…

~Vaughn prepares himself, stretching to alleviate some of the soreness from his body. He then takes a deep breath and walks forward, disappearing into the light. Mastermind smiles behind him, pleased with how events have transpired. Beside him, the bum continues to sleep, clueless of what’s going on.~

Calypso sure doesn’t know how to pick them. So what can I say about this team of losers we’re fighting?

I don’t use that term loosely. Calypso got his ass beaten by me at the last Warfare. Hanari Carnes got sent through the glass by Mastermind. NKWC, as much as I respect him, took his first singles loss to Nickles and badly injured his neck. As for Game Girl, well, she hasn’t been the same since getting destroyed by Dolly Waters years ago at March Madness 2019.

Just think, someone put together this match-up thinking that it would be competitive.

It’s hard to force myself not to look ahead at who might survive. But the very fact that Calypso earned a title shot at one point proves that no one should be overlooked. I’ll make sure my team is absolutely ready to dominate.

A Rolling Waters to make Game Girl tap out with a “GG”.

A Mind Sleeper to remove Carnie from the territory.

A Plunge to flush Calypso from my life once and for all.

And then NKWC becomes the North Korean WhatchamaCallit as even he stands no chance against the four of us.

If I was him, I might take a lesson from our earlier tag match and just walk out on his partners. It won’t change the ending, but it’ll save him a beating.

Because nothing will stop my team from reaching the finals. Not a criminal with a broken neck. Not a MIA girl returning from the shadows. Not a bloodied brute with no brains. And not a superzero with no self respect.

Their failure is inevitable.

~Vaughn staggers forward, blinking as he grows used to the new light. He shifts his arms, realizing as he does so that he’s now wearing armor, as well as a heavy cape that he can feel down his back. He reaches up, touching the helmet on his head, deeply confused.~

Vaughn: What the hell is going on?

~As Vaughn turns, he sees three men approaching him. Two are dragging the last one, who is thrown at Vaughn’s feet. He stays down, not daring to look at the man before him. He begins pleading in his own language, which, fortunately, we get subtitles.~

Man: (You are the victor! I bow to your glory! Please be merciful, oh great Genghis Khan!)

~While Vaughn may not understand the language, he knows the name at the end. His eyes widen.~

Vaughn: Oh shit…

~The picture slowly fades out.~

[Image: mechanicposter.jpg]

CWF Paramount Champion
GCWA Hardcore Champion
Outsiders Champion (x3)
OCW Craze Champion
OCW World Champion
TPW International Champion (First-Ever) (x2)
PW Valor World Heavyweight Champion
XWF Universal Champion
Level Up Game Genie Winner
XWF Supercontinental Champion
WGWF West Coast Rumble Winner
WGWF World Heavyweight Champion
SCW (Sin City) Roulette Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 7 users Like Peter Vaughn's post:
Dolly Waters (07-23-2022), Game Girl (07-23-2022), NorthKoreanWarCriminal (07-23-2022), Raion Kido (07-31-2022), SavannahKnightley (07-23-2022), The Blue Tango (07-24-2022), Theo Pryce (07-23-2022)