Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 12:51 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » XWF War Games 2022
Loyalty One Way is Stupid
ElijahMartin Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

07-23-2022, 09:37 AM

The frustration continues to mount, as I find myself sitting in a charter bus, lounged back in the living room area with a cold towel draped over the top of my head and a bottle of Coors Light in my hand… yes the mountains are blue. I’m still in my wrestling gear and befuddled from losing the five-way tag match on Anarchy to Team MAGA, but whatever, good on them I suppose. Within a few seconds, the bus door opens and a trainer wearing jeans with a black XWF t-shirt walks in with a toolkit, taking a seat next to me and pulling back the cold towel on my head to expose a minimal amount of bleeding from a recent cut that reopened during the match.

Trainer: Another night, another visit huh?

I slowly give the trainer some side eye, as if to say, “well aren’t you a fucking genius!” I decide that discretion is the better part of valor and it’s not worth my breath, so I just give him the look and then glance back away.

Trainer: I like to think that I’ve seen you often enough recently, so do you mind if I ask you two kinda personal questions?

EM: (after a quick sigh) Alright man, let’s hear it.

Trainer: Well first off, I’ve noticed a pattern of what cuts I keep coming back for and the other minor injuries that have been nagging you in recent weeks since Leap of Faith. I know you love this shit, but have you thought about taking a little personal time to get your body right and back to a hundred percent?

The question was much deeper than I expected it to be, so the first reason I’m stunned into reflective silence is due to that. But secondly, and most importantly… I hadn’t really given that option any thought despite how beneficial I know it would be, mentally AND physically. But of course, instead of showing any sliver of weakness, I snap out…

EM: Nah man, I don’t have the time or the patience for that kind of bullshit - what’s the other question?

The trainer swallows a larger than normal gulp, and it’s only for two reasons: either he expected a much different answer from his first question, or this other question is gonna be a fucking doozy…

Trainer: I know it’s only been like 9 months or so, but uh… have you uh… thought about…

Before the trainer can even gather the courage to finish his question, I swipe an arm up to push away the trainer’s hands from my forehead, so I can turn to face the trainer and put a hand to signal for a stop.

EM: Woah there cowboy, I already know where that question is going, so I’ll just stop you before another word comes out of your mouth. Just finish what you’re doing and then please get off the fucking bus.

I go back to the original position I was in, as the trainer finishes up what he was doing in about 90 seconds, packs up and heads for the door… as he walks off, in walks Bam Miller, Holden Ross and Lexi Gold. Bam and Holden take seats across the aisle from me, while Lexi gives me a quick kiss and sits next to me.

Bam: Well that was another fucking disappointment.

EM: You ain’t kidding brother…

Holden: Yeah, and who the fuck names a town Kill Devil Hills?! It’s the dumbest shit I have heard in a long fucking time!

Bam: Yeah man, like what the hell is so damn special about this place?!

EM: I’ve honestly got nothing for ya, how about you H?

Holden: I ain’t got shit for ya.

All three guys are sitting there in silence for a few seconds, before we all notice Lexi sitting there with her hand raised up in the air like it’s third grade geometry.

EM: You have the answer?

Lexi: The town is home to the site of the Wright brothers' first controlled, powered airplane flights on December 17, 1903, chosen for its good winds. The town was commemorated by the Wright Brothers National Memorial, which was dedicated in 1932. At the time of the Wright Flyer flights, the town of Kill Devil Hills did not exist, and it did not receive its municipal charter until 1953. Kitty Hawk, popularly noted as the site of the famous flights, is approximately four miles to the north, and was the nearest settlement at the time of the famous flight.

The trio of CCP Enterprises brothers all look stunned, until Bam decides to break the silence...

Bam: And you know that… how?

Lexi raises up her other hand, which is holding her cell phone.

Lexi: Google and Wikipedia are a girl’s best friend!

A couple more seconds of silence, before all four of us burst out in full belly laughs. As they are composing themselves…

EM: Babe, you never cease to amaze me. But hey guys, you mind giving me and Lexi the bus to ourselves for a couple minutes?

Bam and Holden both agree without hesitation, getting up and giving me some knuckles before heading down the steps and out the door of the bus. I grab Lexi’s hands, place them on my lap and put my hands on top of them.

Lexi: What’s going on, love?

EM: I just wanted to take a couple minutes to have a very important conversation. But first… how the fuck did you memorize that paragraph so fast to answer our question?!

Lexi (after a short giggle): You can take the Cali girl out of acting, but you can’t take the acting out of the Cali girl… I’ve got really good memorization skills.

EM (with a short chuckle of my own): Right, that makes complete sense now… how silly of me to forget about that.

::deep breath in and out::

EM: So how do you feel your development is coming along on Madness and here in general with XWF?

Lexi: I honestly feel like I’m starting to really come into my own, like I’ve finally got my footing and my work with Jenny Myst has helped me dig a little deeper to become the best possible version of me.

EM: How do you feel about the travel between your crazy schedule and my own bookings?

Lexi: Well, I’d be lying if I didn’t agree with the operative word you gave my schedule - it is pretty crazy flying all over North America and Europe and even Eastern Asia for the shows I have to appear on, but I have grown to embrace and respect the grind that goes into becoming a true superstar in the business. How have you been feeling about it?

EM: Well babe, that’s what I want to discuss with you. I need you to be completely honest answering this question - do you feel like I am providing you the proper support you need from a boyfriend and a mentor?

Lexi: I know things aren’t always easy for us when our schedules clash with each other and gotta be on our own for certain shows, but it has allowed me to better appreciate the times we do have together.

EM (after a deep sigh): Lexi, just give it to me… I have sensed things being a little different since Leap of Faith - what’s going on between us?

Lexi (after a moment of deep thought): Elijah… I love you so much, I appreciate everything you have done for me personally and professionally since we met last September. But yes, you are correct - things have been a bit off since that show. I just feel like things have gotten too personal and WAY out of control between you and Cashe, which has taken away from our relationship at times.

Both of us just sit there… completely silent… to a point of where it is close to becoming uncomfortable.

Lexi: I have so much love in my heart for you, but I think it would be in both of our best interests to stop seeing each other romantically so we can put complete focus on our respective careers. I just want to see both of us continue to take off and ascend the ranks in this business.

EM: You know what… I may not like this decision we are making, but I respect your vision and forward thinking. I have a lot of love in my heart for you also, I honestly don’t see that ever changing… but I understand where you’re coming from.

Lexi: I still wanna remain in contact regularly so we can talk shop with each other and keep those creative juices flowing. Is that going to be weird at all or you cool with that?

EM: That is perfectly fine, I can compartmentalize work and personal life.

Lexi pulls her hands away and gives a slight smirk, before getting up and grabbing her rolling luggage from the back of the bus. She walks back to the front, down the stairs and places her bag down on the concrete of the parking lot. Lexi then turns back around to go up the stairs, approach me and dive into me with the tightest hug I can remember her giving me the last two months.

EM (holding back a few tears): You’ll always be my queen, Lexi…

Lexi (also choking back tears): I’m sorry… I love you.

EM: I love you too.

Lexi pulls away to give me a kiss on the cheek, before turning around and walking off the bus. As soon as the door closes, I lean back while putting my hands over my face, letting out a few tears for letting the best woman I’ve ever had in my life just walk away without putting up much of a fight.

EM: I don’t want anyone else - if she comes back, I’m never letting her go again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The words “loyalty” and “faithfulness” are very closely related, but loyalty is more than just a promise. It’s more like a dedication to something or someone. Loyalty means that you will never betray that which or who you have pledged your allegiance to in the form of commitment, devotion, or support; both as an emotional connection and personal obligation.

When it comes to human relationships, some are born and some are made. This includes the one we make with ourselves. We cannot simply be “born” loyal to something or someone because that doesn’t exist. No one is born loyal, we must earn our loyalty by standing by our decisions and commitments, no matter how hard they may be to do so.

To make a good impression on others and develop a loyal friendship or relationship is the first step toward achieving something outside of oneself – whether that’s a goal or dream – but it is merely the first step towards life itself.

It’s that very first step though that is the most important because it prepares us for the eventual outcome of what we want to accomplish. It’s like planning a party in the future. If you don’t have all of the paperwork and preparations done on time, you’ll never be able to throw your party when the time comes.

Likewise, if we don’t make our first steps in life with a good plan of action, following through with our goals and dreams will be almost impossible. That’s why we say that doing your best or being your “best” is to put forth the greatest effort at something you’re trying to accomplish by making sacrifices along the way – even if those sacrifices are hard to bear.

It is the effort that we put forth to something that tells the materials of our character. This shows us that not everyone can make a promise and keep it. Having a loyal personality means that you’re not only willing to keep your promises once you’ve made them, but also to sacrifice for them by being devoted enough to sacrifice your time, energy, and emotions just to stay on course with what you want.

For example, have you ever had an argument with someone who promised something they didn’t follow through with? Do you remember how it felt after they didn’t follow through on their commitment? That’s one way that damaged was done in the relationship because somebody couldn’t be loyal to their own promise or commitment.

On the same note, remember that just because someone is loyal to you, that does not mean that they’re going to be able to be your friend or even stay friends with you for the rest of your life. Being loyal means staying devoted to what you’ve promised and committed yourself to from the start; it’s an emotional connection – a loyalty bond – between two people or things.

It doesn’t mean that you won’t have disagreements or arguments, but at the root of your relationship, it’s mutual respect and dedication for one another. If you have that type of connection with someone, loyalty will always keep you moving forward even when it’s difficult or painful.

Basically, being loyal means putting forth the effort to do what you’ve promised and committed yourself to. If you can be loyal in your friendships and relationships, then eventually everybody else will follow suit!

In a relationship with others, that means being loyal to one another is essential because it allows both parties to move forward with their lives. They’re able to learn from each other’s efforts and mistakes because they are able to support each other as they grow together as well.

Loyalty also means when somebody is able to trust you with information or a specific situation, then it shows that they’re confident in what you can do for them and what your intentions are for being in their life. If they trust you, then they’ll have faith in your honesty and integrity when it comes down to compromising or resolving the situation at hand.

It also means how kind you are and how genuine you are when talking to someone. You don’t have to say something just because you feel like saying it, but rather because it’s the right thing to do. It’s about being honest and sincere. It’s about taking care of yourself as well as others.

Be loyal to yourself and do what you think is best for yourself and to others no matter what.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, there’s no easy way to say this - I have been shuttered inside my apartment back in The Bronx, just letting things pass me by over the course of two weeks. But now, with War Games approaching, it’s time to get myself back in the game mentally and physically… that all begins right now, as I get into my 2019 maroon Honda CRV wearing the typical shit… navy blue Yankees cap, a black CCP Enterprises shirt and basketball shorts. I turn the vehicle on, get my seat belt fastened and pull away.

EM: The fucking airport… ugh you gotta be kidding me. I can’t believe I’m picking up these two bitches from LaGuardia. I’ve done nothing but watch tape, work out and reflect on my thoughts for two weeks straight at home… and THIS is what I gotta do in my first trip out of the crib in two weeks?!?!

I’ve got myself in quite the fucking pickle with this fucking War Games shit - my team captain is a complete psycho bitch, her first draft pick is one of the assholes sucking Theo Pryce’s dick and the last teammate is Sarah Lacklan’s half sister… do I need to say anything else?!

Jenny Myst is an interesting story - she had some success during a prior run in XWF, before going off the deep end and now has returned with a different… mentality. You can never predict what Jenny is gonna say or do, which makes me glad to be her ally for War Games, because it’s that kind of unhinged thought process that makes her truly unpredictable as a wrestler and a team captain.

Angie Vaughn is the true wild card of this bunch - I know what to expect out of myself and the other two Meat Clowns, but Angie… it’s hard to pinpoint where she’s at in her head. She’s female, she’s Canadian, she’s related to Lacklan, she’s Canadian, she’s only been in the XWF since January… oh and did I mention she’s Canadian? I will say this though - she did come over from UGWC and she has done a quality job building up a solid reputation around these parts.

But now I need to address the elephant of all elephants in the room, or in this case the CRV - the first draft pick, the Theo Pryce dick sucker himself - Raion Kido. From the moment I found out we were on the same team together, I had to do some deep reflection on what to do and what to say about the situation. On the one hand, my true anger and disdain is towards Pryce and Ned and Cashe, so he’s honestly just an enemy by association to me. But on the other hand, that venom penetrates my soul to the very core and I don’t know how well I’m gonna be able to put the anger aside for the good of the Meat Clowns. In the end, I can’t deny the caliber of talent Raion is and the amount of success he has had over the last few months. But let it be known - loyalty one way is stupid - so once Raion decides to show his true colors and come after me, the concept of him being my teammate will be completely dead to me. So Kido, I’ll swallow my pride for the good of the team… but only as long as you do the same as well.

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like ElijahMartin's post:
Angelica Vaughn (07-23-2022), Game Girl (07-23-2022), Jenny Myst (07-23-2022), Raion Kido (07-23-2022), Theo Pryce (07-23-2022)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates ElijahMartin's post!
Jason Cashe (07-28-2022)