Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-17-2024, 01:09 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Training Time!
AlexMinettVegaYin Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Kids, disabled people, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

07-01-2022, 02:33 PM

[Image: c2c9dd9646d9dfc0ee71e8ba5bc40ae3--kimiko...-power.jpg]
Was it always like this?

Alex picked herself up from the mat in the local wrestling dojo after taking a tumble to the mat. It was from there she had taken a nanosecond to notice the other trainees surrounding her. Most of them were in their early-twenties, some even in their teens. It was disquieting for Alex to be there as someone returning to wrestling rather than just starting out but age wasn’t the issue.

Alex had taken to retraining her body quite well from the issues of wrestling. in some ways, she was in the best shape of her life. No, what struck her was the average height. Being only a peep over five feet, Alex was used to being the small one in the ring. She could probably only count shorter opponents she’d faced on one hand but there was always people only slightly taller than her, even among the men. Here, she was the shortest by some degree. Most of her fellow students were easily more than a foot taller than her, even a few of the women. Have wrestlers gotten taller? Americans seemed taller generally. People tend to get taller from generation to genera-

Yin!

Minett-Vega-Yin…

Yeah, but that’s too many syllables and too little distance made between your belly and that canvas. Up!

With a slightly exasperated groan, Alex pushed herself off of the mat, showing off the broad stain of sweat around her grey Aerosmith shirt; a sign of both her strenuous exhaustion after hours of exercise and the limited air condition in the Floridian humidity.

I swear you were a lot nicer when I started.

The coach’s eyes widened at Alex’s uncharacteristically smart mouth as Alex’s eyes closed in realisation. As sweet and polite as Alex usually was, her natural desire to make people smile and laugh also gave her a wit that was sometimes a little too sharp, meaning that she said things without thinking at times.

Maybe I was YIN but I can be a lot meaner too. Maybe you can think it over in that muddled mind of yours in between push-ups.

*quietly* No, I’ve got it, Coach.

Good. Now, the proper way to counter is to…

Alex wasn’t listening as she looked down at her feet. She wasn’t too upset even if she was prone to being really sensitive. Training was training and after it was all done, everyone was friendly and nice again, even Coach…so long as he didn’t catch you snacking on a grilled cheese sandwich….and nachos….and a large Coke….and…look, training works up an appetite.

Suddenly, Alex felt a tap on her arm and she looked up and gave a semi-sincere smile to Troy. One of the tallest AND youngest trainees, Troy seemed to be Alex’s polar opposite in class but the two had struck up a bond. He was a sweet kid. He’d barely travelled out of Nebraska before heading south to Florida and seemed baffled by her British-isms, but they both found each other’s own brand of awkwardness charming.

You okay, Half-Pint?

Yeah, I’m alright, Ostrich.

Good. It’s just I know my Grandma can’t take much strain either.

Oh, ha ha, you foetus. At least I can-

YIN!

Rather than shrink away, Alex beamed a bright smile and skipped over to the middle of the ring, mouthing a subtle “Watch this!” to Troy on her way over.

Now, let’s see if you were listening. Ready?….

Alex’s eyes narrowed as did the coach’s as they stood across from eachother, facing off like a showdown in a Sergio Leone movie. Alex knew she had been caught out. She always struggled with focusing on things and this was a particularly off day but she knew wrestling. It was something she had dedicated years of her life to and she knew that an essential part of being a great wrestler was the ability to improvise. She had decided to show off that element to the rest of the class.

As the coach moved in for a collar-and-elbow tie-up, Alex met the challenge despite her much smaller size and frame. Still, she held her own as she kept looking up and meeting his eyes and hearing the surprising strain in his voice.

Well….I guess I was….right. You weren’t listening. If you were…you’d have known to have dodged.

Not….so….fast!

Alex suddenly lifted her legs so her whole body was putting pressure on the hold. Twisting, she forced the coach onto the mat, with Alex standing victorious.

MINETT-VEGA-YIN, BI-

Alex’s moment of triumph was short-lived. Before she knew it, she was still in the dojo; sweeping up the detritus and clearing away the equipment. She should’ve expected that retaliatory leg sweep that knocked her on her back just a couple of seconds after her takedown. In all honesty, she should’ve expected the chewing out she got afterwards. Now the sun was setting, which at least meant that the gym was cooling down and gave her time to her thoughts and considering her next match.

Seattle, man…I have put in some serious mileage since returning to the ring. This will actually be my first major match in the United States in a few years, even if it’s right on the other end of country…unless you count Alaska. Still, I like Seattle. It’s not too hot, not too cold, it rains a lot, it reminds me of home. Being comfortable is important. That’s why I like wrestling in my joggers. They feel comfy, even if I’m splatting into concrete from ten-foot in the air.

Alex gave a slight smile, amused at her own daredevil antics.

Also, in terms of familiarity, I’m facing Lexi Gold. I’ve never had Lexi as an opponent before but we know each other. We move through similar circles and we go to conventions for people with Alex-related names. She’s an interesting person. She seems a little of an enigma to me. Of course, I’m an open book so most people seem guarded by comparison I guess.

Alex looked out of a window to the sunset-tinged streets, taking a moment to admire the view as she smiled once more.

Maybe we could be actual friends instead of civil acquaintances. At the very least I’d like that but I don’t take things easy on my friends. It’s one of the benefits of maintaining a friendly disposition towards my opponents. Friend or foe, it’s a level playing field with me. I don’t hold back and I don’t expect others to either. After the match, if she wants to come with me to see the Space Needle, she’s perfectly welcome to tag along but that is AFTER our match. I may be frivolous but I know how to approach stuff like this.

Alex then finally turned to face the camera full on, but still keeping that smile.

As for Mr. York…my we’re a bit on the spicy side, aren’t we? Don’t worry, I won’t sweat it. I’ve known people being very forthright with their opinions and it’s like water off a duck’s back to me, even if I didn’t really care for that slam against my homeland you made on a recent visit. I doubt we’re going to be friends, Mr. York. Or perhaps more accurately, I doubt you’re going to like me. I’m the sugar against that spice, you could say and people with your temperament tend to find me a bit tiresome. Plus, I’m not an easy opponent.

Alex let out a little laugh at this.

Oh, you’re going to have a devil of a time facing me! Don’t let the smile fool you, I am my own brand of ferocious and as eccentric as I can be, I know in my own way how to work hard and prepare for my matches. Now, if you’ll excuse me…

Alex walked over to the wall, placing the broom she was using against it.

I’ve got some work to do.

With that, Alex walked over to a nearby multigym. Leaping up, she grabbed at a bar hanging down and pulled herself up, showing her developing strength. If she was going to be stuck doing clean-up duty, she might as well make the most of her opportunity to use the dojo. After all, opportunities are meant for the taking…
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like AlexMinettVegaYin's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (07-02-2022), Theo Pryce (07-02-2022)