Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 12:20 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "CCPE Cannabis Cup 2022" RP Board
The Long Road... A friendly tale... continued.
THE Tristan Slater Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Not Over

(the perfect heel; hated even by the fans who usually cheer heels; pisses off internet fans too)

06-27-2022, 04:15 PM

Previously: October 2021
xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=42084

The 2022 CCPE Cannabis Cup.

The super show of super shows, or so it is being talked about by the masses for what seems like an eternity is now firmly in front of us… and if ever there were a place for a Glorious New Breed Reunion this is the place to do it. My history with John Cable has had its share of ups and downs but this one show is exactly what we need to put the pieces back together so that the Glorious New Breed can ride once again.

With less than a month before the Cannabis Cup, things have picked up immensely as our scene opens up in Jacksonville, Florida at the New Breed Training Facility. It’s there that we join John Cable and THE Tristan Slater as they are sitting in two chairs around beside the ring that’s housed Tristan for the better part of ten months all in preparations for what lays in front of him and John.

THE TRISTAN SLATER: I can’t thank you again for all your help. When I showed up here in October I was a man without hope that had lost himself in a world without wrestling. Look at me now.

Tristan stands up displaying his chiseled body.

[Image: thor-chris-hemsworth.gif]

THE TRISTAN SLATER: You helped me when you didn’t have to, and now it’s my turn to help you when you least expected it.

John finally breaks his silence.

JOHN CABLE: Jesus Christ dude, don’t make me punch you in the face… again.

John emerges from his chair, his large frame towers over Tristan.

THE TRISTAN SLATER: I’m for real, and the fact that you and I are doing the Cannabis Cup is proof positive that it’s never too late to bury old hatchets.

The linage of the Glorious New Breed is storied for sure. Multiple times World Tag Team Champions. Just when we were on the cusp of doing some major things the WGWF closed its doors after ten plus years of operation. I say that to say it’s been over five long years since the Glorious New Breed has had a chance to get the closure we need to cement ourselves as one of the best tag teams within the industry.

We get it.

Five years is a long time to not team when you are walking into an attraction opposite two guys that have not only been active but have found measures of success in the process. Koji Hamaguchi and Minoru Tanahashi; a Japanese legend and his former young boy turned protege. Two guys who are hungry to make a statement on a stage that will have so many eyes attached to it there’s no telling how many doors can be opened with the promotors alone that will be paying close attention to the actions of everyone involved.

JOHN CABLE: Remind me again why I agreed to do this?

Tristan scoffs at the statement as he climbs back up on the ring apron before he answers.

THE TRISTAN SLATER: Because you know how special it is going to be for the Glorious New Breed to ride one more time on a platform as big as the Cannabis Cup. This is the opportunity we should have had years ago when it comes to going out on our terms and doing things our way.

Nobody is more excited to be attached to this program than I am. It’s been almost a year since I have done anything inside the ring, so to be able to share the stage with one of my best friends in the business is nothing short of an honor and privilege. What our opponents need to realize right off jump street is the last thing you need to do is not give us the respect that we deserve. We are all walking into this under the same conditions when it comes to neither team knowing a whole hell of a lot about the other, or so you might think. We all have our different reasons for being attached to this event, but now that our names are going to forever be attached it will be for completely different reasons. What you got when you deal with me is a guy that is well versed in all forms of professional wrestling; I cut my teeth in Japan, hell I was a young boy myself back in ‘08 when until I smartened up and realizes being a young boy is the equivalent of being a veteran’s bitch.

I can deal with the strong style or maybe I’ll throw you a little European or Lucha? I went the exact opposite of most Americans that are in the industry. I started overseas, I honed my craft in other styles; and John? He tends ripping people's heads off and shitting razor blades down their throats. It’s easy for me to sit back and tell you these things but what is going to be more enjoyable will be showing you firsthand on the 23rd of July.

JOHN CABLE: If you weren’t a dick about things we could have covered this ground.

THE TRISTAN SLATER: That is a very good point.

Sheer sarcasm escapes the lips of Slater as he slings shots himself over the top rope and into the ring, but as he lands his right ankle suddenly buckles as he collapses to the mat.

THE TRISTAN SLATER: FUCK!

Agony escapes Tristan's lips while John quickly slides into the ring as he mutters under his breath.

JOHN CABLE: Oh fuck.

Tristan tucks his ankle close to his chest as he latches onto it with one hand while slapping the mat out of sheer frustration with the other hand! John gets over to Tristan with some panic in his voice.

JOHN CABLE: Dude are you okay?

John drops to one knee at Tristan’s side. He reaches down to try and help Tristan get to his feet. Tristan reaches up taking John’s hand before yanking him down and into an Inside Cradle where Tristan is heard counting.

“ONE”

“TWO”

“THREE”

Tristan releases the inside cradle as he gets back to his feet while starting to do jumping jacks, a smirk etched on his face as John is quick to one knee seeing the jumping jacks in-process locking eyes with Slater.

JOHN CABLE: Prick.

Tristan knocks out a set of jumping jacks before lowing his hands to his waist side, he starts to twirl his hands as he brings them back up into the air proudly professing.

THE TRISTAN SLATER: GLORIOUS!

God that felt good.

It’s going to feel a hell of a lot better when we step onto the forefront kicking off the final session of this entire three-day event. It’s going to be our job to kick off what is going to be the most-watched event since the DPI back in February. We have to set the tone for how this party is going to close things out and… challenge accepted.

JOHN CABLE: You make me sick.

John mutters as he steps back up to his feet.

THE TRISTAN SLATER: Come on, bud! Don’t be like that! I am overjoyed to get back into the ring with you on a stage this grand, or shall I say, glorious.

John simply shakes his head at the sheer sarcasm being shown by THE Tristan Slater.

JOHN CABLE: Why the hell did I ever agree to help you I’ll never know.

THE TRISTAN SLATER: Because deep down inside you know that you are equally excited to drag your ass back into the ring.

The last thing that should be on your mind is if the Glorious New Breed still has what it takes to go when that bell tolls. Koji and Minoru; we are both in the same boat when it comes to what is known versus what is unknown when it comes to what we respectively will bring to the table. There isn’t going to be a big clash in styles because while you two boys have been active; and yes, I saw you in the ring at a flea market, fantastical showing against a team that wasn’t close to being on your level.

It made me wonder how well you will fare when you have two pros standing in the ring that is not only more successful but are just flat out better than both of you. I am a multiple-time World Heavyweight Champion with the XWF and WGWF, John is a goddamn beast; which isn’t just a clever nickname. Collectively when we combine forces we wreck fucking house which is something that we are planning on doing come to the Cannabis Cup. This is an opportunity for the Glorious New Breed to show up on a huge platform with heads of federations from all over the world tuning in. What better place to make a very loud statement for potential contracts now that we are back in the mix? It’s one thing to take part in this program but it is going to be something completely different to put on a clinic and take a win.

JOHN CABLE: If you say so.

The big man scoffs as he is back to a vertical base.

“Well if this isn’t a motley-looking crew.”

The familiar voice of a man known the world over is heard coming from off-camera taking the attention of both Tristan and John.

“Safe to say the band is back together?”

John chimes in.

JOHN CABLE: What the hell?!?!

THE TRISTAN SLATER: Did you call him?

He enters the screen walking up to the ring apron…

[Image: Chris-Jericho-Abs-Muscles-AEW-Dynamite-F...y-2022.jpg]

CHRIS PAGE: Nobody called me but I figured if the two of you were putting things back together that this would be the place I’d find you.

John steps out to the ring apron where he drops down to the floor as Slater rolls out to the floor under the ropes. John and Chris shake hands followed by Tristan and Page.

CHRIS PAGE: I never thought in a million years when they pulled Dolly for the XWF’s Universal Title match for the Cup that you would drag Cable out of retirement…

Chris looks closely around the eyes of Tristan before cutting his attention toward John as he then states.

CHRIS PAGE: He must not have pissed you off yet, no black eyes.

John spouts out.

JOHN CABLE: He’s come pretty damn close.

Tristan breaks into the conversation.

THE TRISTAN SLATER: Let’s be fair, all of that is water under the bridge.

CHRIS PAGE: Good to hear because when you told me the Beast was coming back for this show I have to admit that it took me down memory lane when it comes to how good of a team you guys were in the WGWF. I just wanted to stop by and tell you both how much I am looking forward to seeing this happen, even if it’s just one night only.

He’s right. This is something that I never would have imagined yet something that has feels so long overdue at the same time. John has always been like a brother to me, I was blinded by having to be on top that I almost wrecked our entire relationship. Showing up back in September out of shape and a shell of what I once was is exactly what was needed for the two of us to come together once more.

I never would have thought hitting rock bottom would get me my best friend back.

I’ll never lose sight of that ever again.

THE TRISTAN SLATER: There was only one name that came to mind when I got the call from you, Chris… and he hung up on me. I had to show the fuck up.

JOHN CABLE: Chris, first it’s a pleasure to step on the stage, and yes it has taken some time to get past our history but this is a can’t miss opportunity for us to show the world exactly what the Glorious New Breed has always been capable of.

CHRIS PAGE: Minoru and Koji aren’t anything to sneeze at. These are two guys that have their shit together, they’ve been together for a hot minute whereas you guys haven’t been around each other since 2018.

THE TRISTAN SLATER: We have been in the ring every day since the announcement was made. Collectively the two of us aren’t going to let you down.

John and I both have relationships with Chris Page spanning back to the WGWF days. Part of why John agreed to do this isn’t because I asked him to… it’s because neither one of us want to let down a guy that we hold in such high regard. Some of the best and worst times of the Glorious New Breed’s lives took place under his umbrella, and with the announcement that the WGWF is coming back what better way to help promote that brand than by having one of the best tag teams of all time show up and take the fight two of the land of the rising sun’s best? Unlike most battles, this isn’t about hate or about tearing these two boys down. It’s about building them up, it’s about stepping under the bright lights of the Cannabis Cup while putting on a goddamn show.

CHRIS PAGE: This isn’t about letting me down versus being about the two of you showing the world why at one time nobody was hotter than the two of you. The stage couldn’t be any bigger for each of you. Times have changed over the years, and your boy is a pretty big deal.

JOHN CABLE: Chris, you and I are the same age. Does it look like I am coming back to the ring to lose? Nah, I am coming…

John glances over at Tristan before correcting himself.

JOHN CABLE: We are coming to your event and we aren’t leaving without our arms raised in victory.

THE TRISTAN SLATER: It is going to be a hard-hitting suplexfest in the Big Apple! Bonus points for it being a strip club.

Chris cuts his eyes toward Tristan.

THE TRISTAN SLATER: Easy big guy, I’m just joshin’ ya. I know you are banging the owner.

CHRIS PAGE: Married to the owner.

THE TRISTAN SLATER: Married, knocking boots, whatever.

John starts shaking his head as the sarcastic nature that has always been THE Tristan Slater is on full display.

CHRIS PAGE: Some things never change.

THE TRISTAN SLATER: Why would I? Then I’d be Cable.

John snatches Tristan by the throat as he raises him off the ground. He holds him up, Tristan’s feet kicking to get to the floor. John finally releases his grip on Slater allowing him to fall to the floor.

JOHN CABLE: Sorry bro, flashbacks.

Chris reaches his hand down to help Tristan up off the floor. Tristan reaches up taking Chris by the hand, and as Chris starts helping Tristan up he releases his grip sending Slater falling back down to the floor.

CHRIS PAGE: Sorry dude. Slipped.

THE TRISTAN SLATER: Haha, very funny.

Tristan states as he gets up off the ground and dusts off his broad shoulders.

JOHN CABLE: Yeah, I thought so.

Tristan fires right back.

THE TRISTAN SLATER: AARP is right around the corner… for both of you.

Words cannot describe how amped I am with this return to the ring on the horizon of the Glorious New Breed. This is what we have been waiting for, it’s the one moment in time that John and I have been longing for, and against quality caliber performers. Two teams are going to enter the ring prepared to wage a battle where only one team will emerge victorious.

… if you are some betting peeps you might want to bet on the team that has the word in their entrance theme.

See you at the Cup!

[Image: 8j7VT0K.png]
- XWF World Heavyweight Champion x2
- XWF United States Champion x1
- XWF Xtreme Champion x1
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like THE Tristan Slater's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (06-27-2022), theNewBreed (06-27-2022), Theo Pryce (07-10-2022), Unknown Soldier (06-28-2022)