Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 06:03 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Mastering Your Karma
ElijahMartin Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

06-16-2022, 12:09 PM

As explained by meditation teacher Roger Gabriel

Karma means action. Physics shows that for every action, there must be an equal and opposite reaction. Karma is energy, which in itself is neither good nor bad; these are just the labels people choose to attach to it. The energy created by an action has to be returned: “As yea sow so shall yea reap.” It cannot be avoided.

When you perform an action, it creates a memory, which in turn generates a desire, which leads you to perform another action. For example: You take your first yoga class (action), then you know what happens in a yoga class (memory), and if you enjoyed the class, you decide to go back the following week (desire), and that following week you turn up again with your mat (action). Karma creates memories and desires, which then determine how you live. Actions, memories, and desires are the Karmic software that run your life.

The subtle energy created by your actions is stored within your memories and desires and is activated - sometimes immediately, but more often at some future time. To use the earlier example, you took the yoga class and then forgot about it until months later when you’re walking through town and notice a yoga studio. You remember your past experience, which triggers the desire to take another class.

It’s not necessary to believe in reincarnation to understand Karma but, from the Vedantic perspective, you have lived for many previous lives and the situations and circumstances of your current life are the result of the actions performed during all lives. Believing in Karma and reincarnation makes it easier to understand why bad things happen to good people or why a young innocent child develops a life-threatening illness. Vedanta would say that everything in your life is the result of the energy created by actions in previous births. Every situation that happens to you and everyone you meet has a Karmic significance. Everything happens for a reason.

Whatever your belief, Karma implies that you have created and continue to create your life. Do you have free will? Unfortunately, many people have very little. Many people allow themselves to remain imprisoned in that Karmic software, conditioned by their memories and desires, performing the same habits over and over and wondering why their lives aren’t taking them anywhere. Many are like the hamster, running on its treadwheel, thinking it’s getting somewhere while in fact it’s just going round and round!

However, as you grow and evolve spiritually, you can break out of those cycles and consciously choose the life you want to lead. The Karmic curse causes you to forget who you really are, so your spiritual path involves releasing the Karma that is clouding your awareness, allowing you to remember who you really are. Of course, releasing Karma doesn’t mean you lose all your memories and desires; it means you lose your attachment to them and are no longer held under their influence. As the great seer Adi Shankara said, “I use memories but I don’t allow them to use me.”

In addition to the Karma created from your own actions, you are subjected to the Karmic influences of your family, religion, race, nationality, and more. Every situation you encounter in life is the result of some Karma. You constantly create Karma from your actions, thoughts, words, from the actions of others under your control, from your attitudes, expectations, and lifestyle. You create Karma from the intended actions you perform consciously and also from actions done unconsciously from ignorance. It is also possible to take on someone else’s Karma, which generally isn’t a good idea, because you have enough of your own. This can happen from stealing another’s belongings, gossiping, or fantasizing. It also happens in intimate relationships, but as long as the relationship is based in love, this is an acceptable part of a bonding exchange. Remember, the relationship itself is the result of Karma, and Vedanta says the purpose of every relationship should be enlightenment.

Vedanta says that all your Karma is stored in the Jiva, the individual soul, or the aspect of the soul conditioned by Karma. Vedanta describes three types of Karma: that which you have chosen to process during this particular birth, that which is stored for later births, and the new Karma you generate every moment of your existence. Chakras store the Karma for this lifetime. Chakras are your subtle energy centers through which consciousness transforms into matter. Karma distorts that flow of consciousness, causing you to experience an illusory world. Clearing Karma helps you to step out of the illusion.

Karma cannot be avoided. For most people, Karmic energy is returned with the same intensity with which it was generated. Depending on your previous actions, this could create happiness or suffering. Whatever happens, is the result of Karma being released, which, no matter how you view the situation, is a good thing and an opportunity for future growth. Vedanta say, “Nothing happens to you, it happens for you!”

Are you then doomed to a life of paying for past mistakes, interspersed by a few moments of pleasure? Not necessarily. By the quality of your current actions, Karma can be transformed, transmuted into a different form, or transcended completely.

The choices you make influence your Karma in two ways. Making quality choices can soften the intensity or magnitude of situations resulting from returning Karma. The energy of the Karma has to be returned, but it can be transmuted. For example, instead of falling down and breaking your leg, maybe you just stub a toe. The Karma was returned but the quality of your life choices lessened its effect.

Your choices also determine the quality of new Karma being created and stored to be released as future events in your life. It’s important, therefore, to be conscious of the choices you are making and ask yourself: Do these choices serve me and those who may be affected by them? Are my decisions coming from my heart and higher self or my ego?

Forgiveness is an important aspect of your spiritual growth. First, accept that what has happened has happened. Then, see if you can, without judgment or evaluation, understand why it happened. Finally, try to forgive whoever you feel may have harmed you; it’s always possible to forgive the person even if you cannot forgive the act. From the Vedantic perspective, every hurt you encounter is the return of some Karma. If the postman fills your mailbox with bills, don’t spend the whole day hating the postman. Forgive and move forward!

Forgiveness is hard for most people, and gratitude can also be challenging. However, if you believe that everything that happens to you is past Karma being released, then each time you release Karma, it is gone. Isn’t that cause for celebration? Try to be grateful for everything in your life.

Any challenging situation gives you two choices. You can see the situation as a problem and waste your life complaining about it, or you can recognize that it happened and ask, “How can I learn and grow from this?”

If you see it as a problem, you can get drawn into lower energy, which recreates the same Karmic energy, and you make no progress. Looking for growth opportunities allows you to release the Karma and remain free to move ahead on your spiritual journey.

Vedanta says that if you understand Dharma and Karma, you will know everything. Dharma is usually defined as purpose or truth. When you find your true purpose in life and live in total alignment with that, your actions will become spontaneously correct and you will never create Karma.

The most powerful tool you have on your spiritual path is meditation, especially a practice that includes mantras. Meditation is a journey from activity into silence. In Primordial Sound Meditation, mantras or sounds are used with no particular meaning. The meaning of a thought holds the memory and desire and thus the Karma. A mantra with no meaning has no Karma. When you think your mantra in meditation, you are taken beyond the range of Karma; you transcend all memories and desires and slip into the field of infinite possibilities.

With regular practice, you begin to live from that level of infinite possibilities instead of the limited possibilities created by Karma. Meditation realigns you with your true self, leads you back to your true purpose (Dharma) and allows you to “wash” away Karma on all levels.

Commitment to your spiritual path is the key to escaping from the Karmic prison you have created for yourself—and to enjoy unbounded freedom in every moment.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Several years ago, author Robert Greene conducted many interviews with accomplished individuals and studied the biographies of numerous influential figures, such as Leonardo Da Vinci, Charles Darwin, Ben Franklin, 50 Cent and so on. This project eventually became his 2012 book entitled Mastery and these are the 20 lessons Robert provides about gaining mastery.

1 – Understand who you truly are, and what kind of vocation or career you feel called to do.

2 – Commit to an apprenticeship, in which you undergo years of humble observation, skill acquisition, and experimentation.

3 – Revert to a feeling of inferiority, and possess and deep humility and eagerness to learn from others.

4 – Move toward resistance and pain, let go of need for comfort/security, and cross the threshold past the initial tedious stages of learning.

5 – After apprenticeship phase, you must become bold, confident, and willing to test out skills and make connections between different ideas.

6 – Learn to embrace criticism and failure, and be grateful for the opportunity to learn and improve as a result of your mistakes.

7 – Understand that there is an emotional component, not intellectual, that separates the true masters from others.

8 – Develop your social intelligence, and your ability to empathetically put yourself in another person’s shoes and see/understand things from his or her perspective.

9 – Move past the habitual tendency to judge others or idealize/demonize them, and simply observe them rather than projecting your own thoughts, emotions, or insecurities onto them.

10 – You must be wary of many peoples’ tendencies to display certain vices that could hinder your progress, such as: envy, conformism, rigidity, self-obsessiveness, laziness, flightiness, and passive aggression.

11 – Learn to speak through your work, and to win others to your side of thinking by being patient and letting what you have done speak for itself.

12 – Try to see yourself as others see you, so that you can remain emotionally detached and try to improve upon your flaws and shortcomings.

13 – Suffer fools gladly, and don’t take criticism seriously or personally from people who don’t know what they’re talking about.

14 – Return to your childlike sense of wonder and endless curiosity about all things in order to stimulate your creative energy.

15 – Drop all preconceived notions about the world, and utilize the power of your imagination to the fullest.

16 – Always be open and receptive to new ideas that challenge conventionality, and don’t be afraid of thinking something that is unpopular.

17 – Love learning for its own sake, and connect a wide array of ideas from different fields of study and disciplines.

18 – Maintain a sense of destiny/purpose and feel consciously connected to it.

19 – Qualities that will help you succeed: Self-discipline, desire, persistence, focus, effort, patience, energy, obsessiveness, observance, confidence, trust in self, emotional commitment, humility, adaptability, boldness, openness.

20 – Qualities that hinder your success: Complacency, conservatism, dependency, impatience, grandiosity, inflexibility, distractibility, becoming egotistical, close-mindedness.

When I look at and listen to this self proclaimed “Ring Master” I don’t see someone who has lived the process of becoming a TRUE ring master… but let’s take a look and walk through my career to compare to this checklist.

The first four steps all relate to your time spent training from a mentor and learning your craft early in your career, the times when you are taking dates for shows in Armory buildings and Knights of Columbus and VFW’s and high school gyms, even if occasionally you are spending more money to make the show than you are getting back in your talent fee. You might even be asked to work a few shows for free as a favor to your mentor or someone who works closely with them, just so you can continue to grow as a performer and get more eyeballs on you. Of course you make mistakes, absolutely there will be moments of trial and error, no doubt there is going to be painful moments that make you wonder if professional wrestling is REALLY your calling… but you keep on pushing and get through those hard times, maintaining your focus on the light at the end of the tunnel.

Once someone becomes brave enough to finally go off on their own and create their own path to glory, there are a number tenets that one should consider as their career confines to grow. Be fearless and willing to take chances, be open and willing to accept critiques that will benefit you in the long run. You also gotta be able to check your ego and emotions at the door while you continue to learn, but also keep yourself open and available to fellow young talents who may ask for your own input on their work… because in the end, everyone is looking to make a money and finding a group of people who trust each other can potentially be crucial to all of your success.

There could be times where someone becomes jaded about the business, falling into a sense of complacency and not putting a full effort into their craft, refusing to conform with the ever changing environment around them. They become lazy with their workout regimen, start being tardy about getting to venues, gets a little too full of their own shit, appears to just “go through the motions” in matches of lesser standing than what they are used to… all of that adds up to someone who clearly just needs to sit at home and think about what they want to do with their life going forward.

In the end, as one continues their time on the road with the weeks turning into months and the months turning into years, you have to keep yourself motivated and open to trying new things. Now obviously you don’t do anything that makes you uncomfortable or makes you feel unsafe, but maintaining an active imagination and creativity will ALWAYS pay off at some point. You should maintain a passion for life, a love for what you are doing, proper focus on every little detail about your craft, and in the end… good karma will come your way.

Every action begets an equal and opposite reaction… I have seen and felt both sides of that in the last nine months. My run here in XWF from the Relentless super show last September to the middle of March was nothing but good karma, as I continued to say “yes” to anything and everything that was thrown my way by ANYONE in management, even including Theo Pryce. And meanwhile, I was starting to receive offers to sign on board with a few different talent agencies, ultimately selecting CCP Enterprises.

But once I put my name on that dotted line, the reaction came around and knocked me right on my ass. I lost the Anarchy Title to Latina Submission Machina, I lost a few tag team matches, I found myself on the wrong end of a rush to get to my feet against Jason Cashe inside the boiler room at Leap of Faith… it was a struggle, can’t deny that… but I was never going to waiver. I wasn’t going to give up and walk away like a bitch, I have kept standing back up and taking the hits, no matter how hard they are.

So now, I find myself lined up with Bam Miller and Peter Vaughn kinda sorta aligning themselves with me against the fools assembled by Theo Pryce, I’ve got a chance to become a two time Anarchy Champion inside of the Elimination Chamber main event on Anarchy this coming week… but first, I must focus on the man who CALLS himself Ring Master, but is really just a Ring Novice. You can say and do whatever you want beforehand, but once that bell rings in Spokane this Saturday night… nothing is going to save you from the hell that I am going to rain down upon you in that junkyard. Anything and everything will be legal, only thing that matters is gaining the pin fall or submission… and that makes a desperate man like me INFINITELY more dangerous than I usually would be! It’s time for the self proclaimed Ring Master to learn a lesson from the Master of the Streets, and for you this Saturday… karma is gonna be a real bitch!

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes ElijahMartin's post:
Theo Pryce (07-02-2022)