Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 08:09 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » Character Development RPs
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conversation about wrestling and life w/ Lexi Gold and Elijah Martin
Lexi Gold Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

05-30-2022, 10:14 AM

Bronx - Glacken’s Bar & Grill - conversation about wrestling and life.

(Warning: Contains spoilers)

It’s a relatively calm weeknight in The Bronx, as the weather continues to heat up with the dog days of Summer fast approaching. And tonight, Elijah Martin has decided to introduce the vivacious Lexi Gold to a longtime staple of his hometown - Glacken’s Bar and Grill on East 149th Street, with over 80 years of history and just a stone’s throw away from Yankee Stadium. Elijah and Lexi are hand in hand walking down the street - Elijah with khaki pants, a navy blue polo and white sneakers… Lexi showing off in a black rose print crop top, leather leggings and ankle boots.

They approach the entrance, with Elijah holding the door open as Lexi enters first. The couple walks up to the bar area and take their seats on a pair of stools. They are both examining the various beer and liquor options that are within sight, with Lexi also grabbing the specialty drinks menu to peek at.

EM: Anything in particular tickling your curiosity for your first drink?

LG: I'll keep it simple and go with a margarita, how about you, love?

EM: I’m going to go with a Crown and ginger ale, just not feeling a beer right now.

A bartender now arrives and takes their drink order. After a couple of minutes, the bartender returns with the beverages and Elijah hands over his card to open their tab on.

EM: So, what do you think of this place?

She brushes a strand of hair back, and she eyes the place once more before responding.

LG:It is nice. Can't say I have ever been here before, but this is the year of trying out new things for myself, and so far so good. How often do you come here?

EM: When I’m home during Yankees season, I try to come here a couple of times a month, because this is the next best place to be if you can’t make it inside the stadium. I’m glad you like it - is your margarita the way you like it?

She sips it and nods her head in approval, then places her hand on top of his and squeezes it, wanting to get inside his head more and see what he is thinking about.

LG: It is pretty good, babe. How is yours? I hope you don't mind me asking this, but what is your mindset looking like right now? I know things have been tough business wise and want to know if there is anything I can do to make things better.

EM: (takes a couple quick sips of his drink) Well, I’m never gonna lie to you, so here goes. When it comes to the recent struggles I’ve had in XWF and the drama with Jason Cashe acting like a fool, it’s been rough on my mental game a little bit. Yet, on the positive side, things have been pretty smooth sailing for me over in Action Wrestling. I guess you can say I’ve been playing with a fine balancing act trying to weigh out the positives and negatives that have been going on. Before I address where you fit in to this for me, how do you feel about Cashe these days and how it’s affecting your friendship with Josslynn?

She stirred the straw in her glass and sighed under her breath, unsure how to even answer that.

LG: I want to trust they are both good people. Cashe and I shared a hatred for one another over a couple of years ago, but we are over that now and have apologized. For whatever reason, he seems to think that I'm trying to go back to my old ways. I did not like who I was back then, which is why I changed my ways and made amends with the people I hurt, but I guess he is having a hard time believing that.

EM: Give it to me straight, babe… do you have any anger or disappointment in me for the way things have been going between me and Cashe?

LG: Not disappointed, it is more like I worry I guess. I know you have your ways of conducting business and I have my ways, and that is fine, all I ask is with the way the CCPE situation went down I just want you to be careful. There are too many poisonous snakes out there willing to attack you. Does this all make sense?

EM: Yeah, I get where you are coming from, and I always appreciate your concerns about me. You wanna take a look at the menu again and see if there’s any food you wanna share?

She pulls him in for a hug and rests her head on his shoulder for a few minutes before letting go to look at the menu.

LG: I love you and I will always care and look out for you. Anyway I'm hungry. Promise me you won't have any wrestling match with a random stranger, such as last time we were out in public. Believe it or not, that actually made TMZ.

EM: (almost chokes on his drink before letting out a good belly laugh) Nah babe, no drama today… you ain’t gotta worry about anything like that happening here. And you know I love and adore you more than I could ever put into words, I’m always going to have your back no matter what. Now go ahead and pick out what we are going to eat.

LG: How about we share a big plate of nachos. Does that sound good to you?

EM: You want the works, or are there certain toppings you don’t like?

She took another sip of her drink, then ran her fingers over her snake bracelet she had on her wrist.

LG: Anything you want on it babe. By the way, have you been watching Madness, if so how do you think I'm doing over there? Honest opinion, of course. I feel like there are many improvements to be made before I even think about having another chance at a title.

Elijah gets the attention of a bartender and places an order for large nachos fully loaded but with the jalapeños on the side. He also orders another round of drinks for them and then takes a sip of his nearly finished drink.

EM: As much as I loved the opportunities you had in the opening weeks of Madness, a part of me kinda felt like it was too much too soon for you, because you had just arrived in XWF and didn’t even have your feet wet when Vinnie threw you in the title picture. But since then, I believe you have found your stride and confidence more consistently than you did before, so I’m very proud of you for that.

LG: Aww, thank you. That means a lot coming from you. You motivate me to continue to work hard and never give up. I hope I do the same for you. I have a strong feeling you will taste gold again soon, whether it's in XWF, or elsewhere you have proven you are worthy of being a champion and when the time is right you will do it again.

EM: I cherish what we’ve got, and I know we will continue to motivate and push each other to amazing success. As far as tasting gold again, things seem more lined up for that to happen in Action Wrestling with my pay per view match next weekend for their CBS Championship, but anything can happen in this business, and I’m not going to assume anything.

She nods her head and finally their nachos arrive. She smiles upon seeing them and the two start eating them. They ate in silence for a few moments before Lexi cleared her throat and broke it as she looked at him with a worried look on her face.

LG: So, serious question, love, now that you're aligned with Page again, I will assume people are going to come for your head, pissed off over these actions. Are you sure you're ready to face the consequences? I mean, you made a deal with the devil again. That's something I wouldn't do, but that's just me…

EM: I know that Chris Page is never going to win a Mister Popularity contest, but I also know how he thinks and operates. I’ve gotten to know the guy through various meetings by chance for almost fifteen years, going back to when he was working matches in the same companies as my mentor. If I didn’t like his business sense or trust him, then believe me when I tell you I wouldn’t be so willing to work with him. Let me assure you that there is NOTHING anyone can do to me that will break me - physically, mentally or emotionally. And in the end, I will always be coming back home to you, my love and my life.

LG: That is all I could ask for, just promise that you will keep everything I said in mind.

They continue eating, and as they do, her phone rings. A picture of her snake shows up on the screen as the caller. She hits accept and places the phone against her ear.

LG: Hello, my precious. We miss you both too. Don't worry, we will be home soon. I hope you aren't giving the sitter any trouble now. Stay away from the chocolate pantry, too. Love you byeee.

Lexi hangs up the phone and grabs her purse. The person next to her raises his brow over that weird conversation. She simply laughs it off.

LG: Our children are a handful. Anyway, you almost ready?

EM: Somehow, those phone calls get less and less weird to me as time goes on… yes, dear, ready whenever you are.

LG: Let's get the hell out of here.

She slams the rest of her drink and puts the glass down as the couple leave together, once again hand in hand.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Lexi Gold's post:
ALIAS (05-30-2022), ElijahMartin (05-30-2022), Raion Kido (05-30-2022), Thunder Knuckles™ (05-30-2022), Unknown Soldier (05-30-2022)