Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 12:53 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Leap Of Faith 2022 RP Board
Supercontinental Title Match
Mac Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

05-21-2022, 04:20 PM

RP1 of 3 - Supercontinental Title Match

“Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don’t turn up at all.” - Sam Ewing

[Image: D5lEpAy.png?1]

{The Bane Ranch - Port Arthur, TX - “Cold Reality”}
[Tuesday, May 24th, 2022 - 10 AM]

The scene opens with me being bare to the waist, sweat dripping out of every pore as I continue to work through the thirty stalls that need to be mucked. The smell of horseshit would continue to permeate everything here until after I was done. Let’s be honest about it, it wouldn’t ever really go away but it is what it is. I take a handkerchief out of my back pocket. I stop mucking this stall and look at the audience, “One thing is clear, despite our differences, we have this in common,” I say motioning around me. “Peter, he fixes things and cleans up shit. From what I know, he’s worked hard to get where he’s at in his career.” I put the handkerchief back in my back pocket, “This is a small part of what I do. Like him, wrestling is not my only passion. I don’t get to be here as often as I would like obviously, but when I’m here, this is the most honest work that any person could ever do.” I smirk at the camera as I continue to muck the stall. Once the horseshit is removed, fresh hay is put in place and the horse is led back in by one of the hands. I move onto the next stall as I hear the voice of the foreman crackle through on the intercom. “Mac, we got another one.” I sigh in disgust as I pick up my radio, “Alright, where you at?” Without hesitation, he responds, “About a quarter-mile east of barn eighteen.”

Grabbing my shirt, I slide it over my head. One of the ranch hands, Jeff, handed me my rifle. “Thanks, Jeff,” I said as I made my way out to the old Dodge truck. I double-checked the bed to make sure there was barbed wire and my cum along. After the animal had been freed, the fence line would have to be repaired. This was one of the many ways that I reconnected with the people that work for me when I came in. The nineteen eighty-five Dodge Ram roared to life as I turned it over. Always made me smile, this old thing was a beast. Another of the ranch hands had the gate open as I sped toward it, and closed it as the truck went over the cattle grating and on towards my destination. It didn’t take long to arrive and take stock of the situation. One of my bulls had gotten wrapped up in the barbed wire, this one liked to try and force himself through it, especially this time of year. I mean, it’s spring after all. I slung the rifle over my shoulder and grabbed the cutters out of the passenger seat. The last time this happened with Brutus, when we had cut the barbed wire, he had charged straight for me. This had been about six years ago.

The air was thick with the smell of iron and copper as I approached. Brutus snorted at me with death in his eyes. This bull hated my guts and I wasn’t that fond of him either. He was still struggling against the wire, and I could see the deep wounds in his neck. If he struggled much more, he would slice into an artery. “Well Josh, you ready?” He nodded in response and I handed him the cutters. “Give me a second,” I said to him as I climbed up on the hood of the truck. “That’s a damn good idea, too bad we didn’t think of that last time.” I shrugged, “the first one is a dart, if that doesn’t stop him from hurting himself further, well, you know what I have to do.” He nodded solemnly. Then the wire was cut, the old bull lost his shit and I fired the tranq dart to try and save him. Josh had narrowly missed getting kicked as the old fella went berserk. Then Brutus tried to have a go at me, but the barbed wire bit in deep. I just needed to give the tranq enough time to work. At a full charge, he slammed into the cattle guard on the truck, nearly knocking me off of my feet. Then he turned to after Josh and we were out of time. I sighed as I brought the rifle back up again. The camera was now focused on me, and I squeezed the trigger dropping the beast. I lowered the rifle and closed my eyes for a moment. “Josh, you okay,” I yelled at him. After a moment he responded, “More or less, I thought he was going to get me for sure.” I smiled a sickly smile, “He might have if there wasn’t someone here he hated more.”

Josh laughed lightly and nodded, “Fair.” Looking back at the audience, That’s what happens when an animal gets too caught up in things that they shouldn’t be in. Sometimes you just have to put them down, it’s nothing more than mercy.” I slide off the hood of the truck. “A beast deserves mercy, that’s the reason I used the tranquilizer first. Some folks around here are all too familiar with tranquilizer guns. Isn’t that right, Pete?” I smirk as I continue going back to the truck, I put the rifle back on the gun rack just above the top of the seats. “Not judging or anything, mind you, but we should be clear about expectations. You’re going to throw everything at me including the kitchen sink. I’m going to give you the same treatment that I had to give old Brutus. Remember Pete, it’s just business and that would be a mercy. A bloody one, but mercy all the same.” I went to the bed of the truck and grabbed the hammer and cum along to get started on repairing the fence. By the time I got back to the fence, Josh had already removed the old barbed wire and we set to work. Running the new barbed wire. “You called Harry yet,” I asked him. “Not yet,” he replied as we worked together on the fence. “Go ahead,” I said, “I got this.” He nodded and dug out his phone. While I worked on tightening the line he talked to Harry about coming to get Brutus. “Well, at least there will be steak tonight,” I said in a slightly amused tone. One last click of the gears and it was done.

I knelt down next to Brutus, laying my hand on his head, “Well old man, I wish you’d just been a bit smarter.” I remained quiet for a moment, lost in thought. I could hear the whine of the diesel as Harry started our way. I looked up and Josh was smiling a bit. “You must be getting soft in your old age, friend.” I laughed, “Maybe so, I think we all do at some point. Can’t be bitter about losses forever.” “Well, you could, but what’s the point. Sure I lost the Sin City Championship to Knox, but we all lose matches at some point. He would eventually lose his titles as well, and so we’d see how he handled that adversity. That is the real teller of a person's character. Just as much for this ladder match coming up with Pete. I could say that no matter who wins, the enterprise still wins. While it’s true because it’s another title under the company umbrella. It matters to me. For anyone out there thinking that he’s more hungry for this than I am….you’re an idiot.”

Fade

[Image: Y8HzIMv.png?1]

{ Hell’s Gate Dojo - Grande Junction, CO - “Preparation for Hell”}
[Saturday, May 21st, 2022 - 7 AM]

There was nothing grand about Grande Junction, Colorado. I was here to work, since I started integrating more and more of Krav Maga into my game, this had become an obsession for me. When I first started in this industry, my game was joint manipulation, the brawling came later. As I get older, the one sure-fire way to slow these kids down was joint manipulation. It’s a really basic tenant of wrestling, they can’t run or fly if their wheels have been taken away. The wind buffeting my jacket, more specifically the collar of my jacket, caused me to flinch a little. I raised my collar back up against the wind. Another sip of coffee, “God Kat, you make the best coffee on this planet.” I dug a cigarette out and lit one using my old and beat-up Zippo lighter. A silver zippo with a black lacquer over it for a finish. The front of it was embossed with this simple message. “Toe tags and body bags.” A wedding day gift from my wife Amber. Always made me smile when I looked at it. It was our agreement, no divorces or anything like that. Another sip of coffee, followed by another drag from my smoke.

I heard the roar of a Hemi motor and the squealing of tires as Rene had to stop for a light. I chuckled a bit, that man and his love of muscle cars. I mean, I get the appeal but Rene had told me that he would never buy a dodge first and foremost. When he saw me, he cringed and I laughed because he knew I wasn’t about to let him live it down. I finished my cigarette and field-dressed it before dropping it in the bucket of sand that Whisper always made sure I had on hand. Leaning back against the bed of my truck I smiled as he got out of the car. “Nice ride, Rene,” I began, he scowled at me, “Don’t say another word, Mac.” then it was too much for either of us and we both laughed. “Now Rene, that’s no way to be.” He frowned at me, “What can I say, I finally went and test drove the hellcat and I was hooked.” I nodded, “My son, Jimmy was the same way. Ever since Fiat bought them, they’ve pumped a lot of money into Dodge. It’s made a huge difference.” Our conversation was cut short as I got the sensation of love and peace. I saw that Rene had felt it as well as he smiled. “Well, the mother of archangels calls.” I nodded, “Go ahead brother, I’ll be in momentarily.” He nodded, “I’ll let her know.” I nodded in response, “She knows.” and I winked at the big man as he laughed walking away, “Of course she does, what was I thinking.”

Life’s funny, just about a week ago, I was the top champion in Sin City. Now, here I am making a run at the top belt on the Warfare brand. The only thing standing in my way is Pete Vaughn.

I give the camera a fond, but small smile as continue.

Unlike many of your out there watching this right now, I have great respect for the man. At one point in time, he held the top belt in four different companies. That must have been a huge sense of pride for him. I know it would have been for me. I tip my cap to you on that one Pete. It was well done and fuck it, I’ll say it, you fucking earned it. So, when Elijah started his shit, I knew it was a matter of time before he got the boot. He should have known better, and no man will ever tolerate that kind of verbal attack that he put on Chris. So, opting out of that agreement, well, it really was the best thing for Page and us to be honest.

I shake my head in disgust, as I look down, then slowly I raise my head.

Now then, when you came out to be the special guest referee for my match against York. What I expected was for you to call the match down the middle. What I got instead was just funny. I could have been mad about it, but why? It’s just Pete having some fun. Yeah, some of it was at my expense. I’m fine with that, because of this match that we have coming up for the Supercontinental Title. I can guarantee, that the shenanigans will come to a close once the subject matter is in view. I think this title shot is important to both of us. I will always believe that it’s more important to me than you. I mean, like me, you’ve branched out to other places. You’ve got your guaranteed title shot in Level Up. You’ve been very active in PWV, where you were the world champion. You’re just all over the place right now.

My smile broadens a bit as I go back to my thoughts on this match.

I hope none of this makes you think any of it is a backhanded compliment in any way because that just wouldn’t be fair or accurate. I want you to bring every ounce of everything you are to this match. Burning ladders, chainsaws, or whatever else you think you’ll need to get the job done.
The friendly smile is gone and replaced by a more wolfish, predatory smile.

I know that the ladder match is one of your specialties. I have no specialty matches, just so you know, I’m amazing in all of them.

That being said, I turn my back on the audience and walk up the ramp to the doors of Hell’s Gate. I slowly pull the door open and find Kim on the other side of it. “Hey Mac,” was wondering if you were coming in or not.” I smiled at Kim and give her a quick hug, “Yeah, wouldn’t miss you stretching me for anything sis.” She laughed softly as we break the embrace, “I bet you say that to all the girls.” Now it was my turn to laugh, “You know better than that like anyone could stretch me as you do.” She grinned, “Right answer brother-mine.” We continued to chit-chat as we entered the main room. We started to stretch individually, “How’s Amber?” She asked the question in a guarded tone. I nodded, “She’s going through a tough time right now in all honesty.” She listened and nodded in agreement. “Well, whatever it is, I’m sure you two will come through it alright.” I accepted her positivity and smiled in return. “I know we will, it’s one of the reasons I’ve been staying close to home lately.” I bow my head, “It’s the reason I told the world not long ago that there were more important things than titles.” I said it with such conviction, it was true though. My wife and her mental and physical health would always take precedent over anything else. It didn’t matter to me what the obligation was to others, my commitment to her was absolute.

I was still feeling off about not having beaten Knox, that loss was eating me alive. It was also making me angrier than I had been, to begin with, which I didn’t think was even possible. It was though, an ever-present danger for me. That kind of anger could consume you and cause you to stumble and eventually fall into a pit of despair. There was that sense of peace again from Whisper. Remember our way, Mac, anger is acceptable but the rage will consume you. I allowed a slow, measured sigh to escape me. I focused on my breathing and the task at hand. I finished with my stretching and prepared myself for the painful lessons that were coming. I knew what she was going to say even before she said it. “We need to get you to the point where Kat is, as far as flexibility. I nodded, then shook my head laughing. “Alright, Kat’s gonna love this. Her right eyebrow shot up, “Why’s that?” I laughed again, “Because you’re going through this with someone other than her.” She gave me a flat look which made me laugh, “No one likes to stretch with you, Kim. They just don’t want to be in that kind of pain even though at the end of it, is worth it.”

We began her routine, as she helped me to get my legs and hips stretched thoroughly, then we began working on joint manipulation and strikes. Kim was one of the best strikers in the game, no question about it. Pretty soon we both had bloody noses and were laughing about it. “Kim, thank you so much. I really needed that.” We bowed slightly to each other to end the session. “I’m glad we could work some of that out of you, still though, there’s something there lingering in the back of your mind.” I nodded, there is, it nags at me. How I lost to him…” My voice trailed off as Whisper approached. “Mac, come to my office please.” “of course,” I replied without hesitation. I hugged Kim again and followed Whisper to her office. Once there, I found that Maria was there as well. She had a small black kit with her. Whisper motioned for me to sit down, and I did as instructed. “Yes ma’am?” Her face was the epitome of serenity. She motioned toward Maria and I looked over at her. The sweet little woman studied me for a moment, then her eyebrows furrowed. She opened her kit, “Mac I need you to lean forward so your back is exposed to me.”

I did as instructed and she spoke quietly to me as she worked, “When we did your tattoo, there was one last item that needed to be attended to.” I grunted as she worked, with tattoos there was usually pain at first but then the area would slowly get desensitized to it. Not so much with this. There was no pain, it almost felt as if something was coming into my body. Like if you could harness the energy of the sun and take it into yourself. “And….done,” Maria said to me at last. “How do you feel?” She asked it in such a guarded way that it piqued my curiosity. “I feel good, better than I have in a long time, actually.” I raised back up and looked over at her. “What exactly did you do?” She smiled at me, patted me on the shoulder, and said, “I’ll explain later, it’s nothing harmful, I can assure you.”

can you hear me clearly I looked up sharply at Whisper. I can I smiled and she returned it.

Fade
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Mac's post:
"Venom" Xavier Lux (05-25-2022), Jason Cashe (05-21-2022), Peter Vaughn (05-21-2022), Raion Kido (05-21-2022), Theo Pryce (05-24-2022)