Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 03:05 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Fly on the Wall
Jenny Myst Offline
The Queen of X-Treme

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

04-29-2022, 08:22 PM

When I was a kid, and had to deal with life’s early disappointments, my parents would always call it a “learning experience.” If I failed to win a coveted academic award or athletic trophy, or if I was rejected by a former best friend, they would assure me that, as bad as I felt at the moment, the pain would help me build character over the long haul. It was a good thing. My parents acceptance was all I ever wanted, but the pressure put on to be 'normal' was more excruciating than any injury I ever suffered trying.

I just wanted to be one of the other kids. Happy. Successful. I couldn't allow myself to be enveloped in the negative aspects of growing up in North Las Vegas. Those who re-immersed themselves in the bad experience had, well, another bad experience. I remember the mix of emotions it gave me: Adrenaline infused. Pissed off. Betrayed. Angry. Victimized. Hurt. Shamed. Stepped-on. Shitted on. Humiliated. Abandoned. Unappreciated. Pushed. Boundaries trampled upon . . .

The front door was left ajar, creaking slightly in the breeze from outside. The door knob was broken, hanging, so the door wouldn't close anyway, even if slammed. There was no more bolt lock but the old drill holes and glue spots from where it once sat. Sawdust covered the ground from the edges of the molding the door sat in--it had clearly been slammed numerous times.

Inside was dingy, with bent blinds half-covering the windows and burlap colored drapes hanging from each side, not having been cleaned in a while. There was a porcelain ash tray with butts still smoldering inside, sitting atop a table littered with cans and bottles. Crystal palace vodka, the cheap stuff. Whiskey's without brand names. The original blackout in a can, four-loko. A pack of Marb reds sat opened, with a small baggie of weed inside. There were small crumbs of low-grade weed all over, like a million little green ants infesting the landscape.

The kitchen wasn't much better, with dishes overflowing in the sink and grime on everything. The linoleum floor slippery with a layer dust, shiny around the edges of the appliances from neglected grease.

The bathrooms were no better. Disgusting toilets, not having been attended to in months. Cracked sinks with peeling wall paper.

On the ripped couch sat a man in a sweat-stained business shirt, dress pants, and shoes that needed to be replaced. He was sniffling, his nose a shade of bluish white. His face was red, and his eyes shot around the room before his head diverted to the table again where a white substance sat.

A young girl walked into the room, her blonde hair in a ponytail, her pajama pants--too long for her short legs--dragged on the floor. She rubbed her eyes.

"Do you have to do that stuff in here Daddy? It makes my allergies hurt."

He looked at the girl with wide eyes.

"Did you finish your homework?"

She nods.

"Okay, sweetie. You don't have allergies."

"I do."

"Okay, well, I don't want you to."

"But I do."

He shook his head and said something under his breath before putting his face back down on the table.

I didn't know why I couldn't be like everyone else. I didn't know why I was who I was. Why I did what I did, why I said what I said. I didn't know why I wasn't tall, why I didn't do well at sports, why my grades weren't the best. Why I had such a big heart, and why I cared so much. It was when I decided to let go that suddenly everyone else decided to give a shit.

There was a small tap from the inside of the glass as the creature smashed into it, trying desperately to get out. Every time the giant blue sphere would move closer, it would scoot away, slamming into the other side with its tiny tap. Top, bottom, nowhere.

Trapped, in a world not its own. Trying to survive the only way it knew how.

Stupid creature.

Bringing the jar up to her face again, Jenny showed it to her friend Ash. Ms. Quinn was still upset about how Jenny had spoken to her during their interaction after the Japanese restaurant fiasco. Deep down inside, she was happy Jenny lost.

"It tries to hard to get out" Jenny said. "I caught it listening to me on the phone earlier. It knows my secrets!"

"Mmmhmmm", Ash was filing her nails. She didn't even look up at Jenny.

"I have secrets, ya know!"

"Oh do ya?"

"And this little bastard knows them!"

She went back to looking at the fly trapped in the jar. Studying it like her life depended on it.

Just when it looked as though she was bored with her new study specimen, she threw the mason jar across the room, shattering it against the wall. The fly zipped away, freed from its prison. It landed on a nearby wall. Jenny tilted her head and watched it.

Ash continued to file her nails.

"You know" Jenny finally said, "if you don't want to be here, you don't have to be."

Ash stayed silent.

"I'd rather you tell me to fuck myself than just be a fly on the wall."

Her gaze never left the winged insect across the room from her.

"You know them too....." she said, walking now towards the fly and the broken pieces of mason jar.

"I do?"

Jenny bent down, never taking her eyes off the fly.

She picked up a piece of glass, gripping it hard in her palm.

Ash looked up at Jenny.
"You said awful things to me. I am the only one here trying to make sure your ass doesn't go back to the funny farm, the only one who has had your back through this entire ordeal, and you treated me that way. I didn't appreciate it!"

She was trying hard not to cry.

There was a crushing noise in her hand, as blood began to run down. She let the now dust like glass out of her hand and picked up another, staining it red.

"You know everything about me. You know what makes me tick. My inner workings. You know my motivations. You know......"

She held the glass shard like a dagger.

"....too much."

She made her move, towards her friend, swinging the glass dagger. Ash moved at the last second, flying off the couch and running towards the bathroom, Jen giving chase.

She made it to the bathroom and slammed the door, bolt locking it. Jenny continued to ram the door, stabbing it with the shard and shoulder-blocking it.
"LET ME IN! LET ME IN YOU LITTLE RAT!"

With a shaky hand she pulled her cell phone out of her pocket. THANK GOD SHE WAS WEARING JEANS.

She dialed a number. The door was beginning to come off its hinges.

"Hi. Doc?! DOC?! Yeah.....it's Jen...she's worse than ever."

The fly in the room never moved.

[Image: 2M8Ts2z.gif]

“If bringing down the wall would require you to fly, you must believe you can fly. Otherwise, when the decisive moment comes, you will surely discover you have no wings.”

"Triple threat match this week, neat-o! It isn't every day that I get to beat two people at the same time! I know what you're all thinking, I do. 'Jenny, what makes you think you're going to beat them? You haven't exactly been setting the world on fire as of late!'. Valid point, self. Thanks for your input! I have, however, been competitive. I took Rain man to the absolute limit last week, to the point where he is counting his Japanese blessings that he made it out of there. I know, I know, almost is not good enough in a business defined by wins and losses, but for someone who has been away for 8 months and just getting their bearings back in a wrestling ring, I try to look for the positives.

WAIT, WHAT?! Jenny Myst sees something positive?!

Get your cameras out, folks. Cherish this moment.

I see the positivity in stepping into the ring with the greats here. You only get better by facing the best. If I were to mill around in the mid-card forever and beat up on also-rans for a career, I would never get better. Every match I face against competition that isn't top tier, the better I feel because the more dominant I am. Believe it or not, this is the tortoise and the hare. Slow and steady wins the race. Live in the shadows, keep improving, and eventually Jenny Myst will come out of nowhere and shock the world. The pressure is off, and the stress is minimal. In fact, I am in a unique position where anyone who faces me now has the pressure because of my status in this company. Raion said it best, I am the stepping stone, the gatekeeper. You get by me, you get your path to fame and glory. You lose to me, and you remain with your head under the water, every day that much closer to drowning. I hold the fate of people's careers in my palm, and that is such an exciting concept!

So now I get to face off against Ms. Swan and mulatto Caillou in a triple threat match. Bring it on! I think it could be fun! I get to showcase my skills all while getting another W to add to the resume. Can't complain about that, right?!

But I guess I am obligated to say something about these two bland, boring, middle of the road in the middle of nowhere nobodies, so where should I begin? How about with Xavier. Sounds like as good of a place as any, no?

Listen Cueball, you've never been in the ring with someone like me before. You have the "LUX" name attached to you and that is about the only thing you have going for you. Venom? Please. Looking like a light skinned Mr. Clean doesn't make you venomous. I hate when 'superstars' do that! They put some scary ass word in their ring alias and walk around thinking it makes them look all bad ass! Xavier, with a hairdo like that, looking like a walking condom, trust me, nobody is taking the name "venom" seriously. Personally, I'm rooting for the leukemia. I don't know much about you, and there isn't a large sample size to fall back on, so pardon me for not being very optimistic about the success of your future 'career' here. You look like a human sausage that got tied off at the head, and that entertains me, so at least you get a point in the funny column! I didn't know it was possible to look like a middle aged man and a toddler at the same time. I learned something today!

I may not know much about you, but let me tell you about me. I am not all there upstairs, and I will admit it. I am one of the most polarizing figures on this roster because I didn't come up the conventional way. I was a valet, just eye candy, who happened to have a smart mouth and a knack for distraction. I am the entire reason Chris Chaos was Universal Champion for 6 months, the reason he won it and the reason he kept it. I am also the reason he lost it, and never won it again. I am both your best friend, or I am your worst enemy. There is no grey area with me. I am very passionate about what I love, and my priorities are a little, I'd call it, 'askew'.

And that leads me to Yoko Oh No over here. You look like the .01% of bacteria that Lysol doesn’t kill, and your presence in the ring is minimal, at best. Stepping stone? No. I am not a stepping stone for someone like you. I am an executioner. I remember Xavier beating someone sometime, I don't remember when, but I think he won a match. Have you? Ever? You're a troll doll with hat hair. I understand that you're relatively new to all of this, and part of me wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down inside feels bad for the lesson you are about to learn inside that ring. The other part of me wants to make you wish you never knew what wrestling was. You're coming off a loss, and you want to right the ship, I get it, but sometimes you're in the weeds too deep. In your case, that's the case. I understand how frustrating it can be to be looked down on by someone, and me of all people should understand since that is how I spent and continue to spend my entire career. Being looked down on by people deemed to be "better" than me. Having to prove myself night in and night out. Again, color me selfish, but it feels pretty good to be able to put their shoes on even for just one moment. YOU are what is left of the women's division? You and that dusty two dollar tramp Atara Themis? I don't count Angelica, I think her and Sarah Lacklan have their own little Mean Girls clique on Anarchy, so despite her anatomy I do not count her as part of MY division. You, unfortunately, I do. I have to go into predator mode and defend my territory. Weaker creatures get eaten alive in my territory. I have earned the right to have some swagger, and you have earned the right to look up to me as someone you wish you could be!"

*she looks down, putting her head in her hands. She grips her hair hard, pulling. She takes a deep breath and exhales before looking back up at the camera.*

"People like you are just going through the motions. You get up every day just happy to come to work and get a pay check. For you this is something to do. For me, this is life. This place is all I have left. The Roman's would be jealous of how many bridges I have burned. I have lost everything and I am trying to get it back. This company was my big break in life. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAVED ME FROM?!

I don't think you do. I don't think you're even able to comprehend what I have survived, and what being in the XWF has done for me. Tomorrow night I travel to Canada to prove to everyone why Leap of Faith is going to be so important to me......"

*she giggles, putting a hand over her mouth*

"I cannot say more. Lets just say being a fly on the wall is fun!"

*giggles*

I'll see you both tomorrow night, and when I emerge from the ring victorious, because lets be honest, I am going to be victorious, I hope you both learn a valuable lesson about just how shitty you truly are."

So it appears that fly-on-the-wall perspective can dampen reactions to both positive and negative experiences—which may have a hidden and counterintuitive lesson for all of us: It’s important to keep misfortunes in perspective and learn from them. But on the same token, if you want to savor life’s positive experiences, forget the fly-on-the-wall and immerse yourself in your reflections, visualizing every detail and feeling every emotion as fully as possible.

[Image: GxjjAcs.gif] 
 3x
[Image: 53vkwmL.png]
FORMER, 1x AND LONGEST REIGNING (101 Days)
[Image: eRm3OdS.png]
FOREVER AND ALWAYS
[Image: lJ5ayVc.png]
2x
[Image: Jdsm6ZU.png]
2x XWF Bombshell Champion
3x XWF X-Treme Champion
3x XWF Television Champion
X- Title Briefcase Holder
War Games Captain 
Sex, Metal, Barbie, CHAOS
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Jenny Myst's post:
"Venom" Xavier Lux (05-03-2022), (Gravy_Xtreme_5000) (05-01-2022), Theo Pryce (04-30-2022), Thunder Knuckles™ (05-01-2022)