Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:37 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
'The Evangelion' Pt. 1: The Raion King
Angelica Vaughn Offline
The One True 5'11 Vaughnemous One!

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

04-22-2022, 04:14 PM

Easter Monday
The STA Ranch
San Antonio, TX

As Jesus had risen on Sunday, so too had Angelica’s XWF career, it seemed. Vita Valenteen was an impressive figurative scalp on Angelica’s figurative belt, one that few people had foreseen. Vita’s unbeaten streak had ended as abruptly as it had begun, and Angelica had one more notch in her W column. Something she was extremely proud of, for the teenage vampire was one of the most ferocious competitors in the entire company. And yet, not even Vita had been able to anticipate Angelica’s instincts. Her blood, its platelets filled to the brim with the wrestling gene, had always given her superb instincts. In this case, they had allowed her to pin Vita in a rather… unique fashion.

When she’d first started wrestling, she had always been complimented on her instincts. It wasn’t until much later that Angelica knew where they came from: none other than the infamous Jean-Paul Lacklan himself. Some people poo-pooed instincts, claiming that they were simply the result of years of arduous training, but to Angelica it had always seemed to be more than that. Sometimes, when things looked most dire, it was as if she could hear her ancestor speak to her, telling her what to do. When she was locked into the sharpshooter against Vita, a moment like that had seemingly struck again. One unique counter and successful pin attempt later, she stood victorious over someone who had previously run roughshod over some of the best in the business. Vita was certainly going to bounce back however, and Angelica knew that she had to keep her own momentum going. But hoooooo boy, was that going to be difficult. Because as amazing as Vita was, her next opponent was one of the hottest rising stars in the XWF. Someone who seemed to be destined for nothing but greatness, and would stop at nothing to achieve it. Raion Kido. Saint of Athena. The man who burned as brightly as the cosmos.

Yes, she was going to need all of the instincts she had inside of her to even stand a chance, that much was certain. Therefore, she thought this beautiful Easter Monday was the perfect time to reconnect with some family that shared those instincts. No, not Sarah… She was too busy filming content for her new #CoolTube series in which she gave driving tips to newbies, like ‘if you put on a weighted kneepad, you can push the gas pedal down to the metal way faster’ or an instructional video on how to cut your brakes because no real driver needed brakes anyway.

Instead, she opened up a FaceTime chat with her big brother, oldest of the three siblings, Shinji. Also known as… The Mountain.

It had been a while since she’d spoken to him, but after he sent her a text message yesterday to wish her a Happy Easter, and to congratulate her on her victory, she had wasted no time to ask him for a face-to-face. Over the internet, of course. She couldn’t expect him to come over all the way from Japan for just a chat. It’s not like time- or teleportation machines were real… were they?

Even though the screen was small, it was easy to see that Shinji had not stolen his nickname. He was both lean and bulky, and his trademark white Lacklan manes stood in stark contrast to the rather bleak backdrop. As much as Angelica prided herself on her tallness, she dwarfed in comparison to her big brother. She hadn’t seen him standing next to Sarah often, but the sight had been near comical. As she sat herself down on a barstool at the kitchen counter (with ser Bobby, her biggest and fattest kitty immediately jumping on her lap), she enthusiastically waved.

"Shinjiiii! Hi-hiiiii~!"

To call Shinji the more stoic of the three siblings would be underselling it. As he saw his sister, he nodded his head. To Angelica, he might as well have bowed until his back broke. He did not carry his emotions on his sleeve like his sisters did. Angelica had always wondered if that was a cultural thing, or simply because he was a guy.

”Tall Sister. You seem to be in high spirits. It has been a while.”

"Mmm-hmm! It’s, like… I know it’s craxy-as-flame, but I’ve been thinking about you a ton since yesterday."

”And why, pray tell, would that be the case?”

Angie snapped her fingers and pointed at the screen.

"So glad you asked, big bro!"

Shinji grunted.

”I would ask you do not call me that.”

But as was often the case with such pleas, they went completely ignored. Angelica had made up over two dozen nicknames for her brother since the relatively short span in which they’d known each other, and he disliked each one with a more burning passion than the next. Other such names included ‘Vaughntain’, a combination of Vaughn and Mountain, ‘Shinjelica’, ‘tallbro’, ‘mountainbro’, ‘shinju’, ‘lackju’, ‘mountainju’, ‘juju’, and so on and so forth.

"AXLY, I wanted to ask you something. Don’t you think it’s curious that whenever people see me, their go-to is ‘Oh look, she’s Lacklan-light because we know Sarah and she’s great?’ How come they never go ‘Oh wow, she’s the sister of The Mountain, she must be totes amazeballz!’ It’s like people only want to focus on how they can bring you down."

”Well, it’s only natural. Small Sister has made an impact in your promotion, and you followed her right into the belly of that particular beast. Of course it’s going to compare flavors. I have never set foot in there, as I am preoccupied elsewhere… Don’t tell me you take those jabs personally, Tall Sister? Their ignorance should not disturb you. As much as you resemble Small Sister in certain ways, you are your own person and competitor. Let them go for the low hanging fruit. It’s just an indication of their lack of reach.”

"I know, I know. You’re right. Obvs. But even after I beat Vita, she said that I am ‘almost as good as Sarah’, which seems like a compliment, but you just know it’s backhanded. And don’t get me wrong. 99% of everyone in this business should wish they were *almost* as good as her. But still, here I am. A Lacklan and a Vaughn have both held the Universal Championship, and I am seen as neither."

”That rhetoric is up to you to change.”

"Yeah, totes! Which is exactly why I am so nervous for my next match, see?"

”Which is?”

"Raion Kido, brobro!!"

*another annoyed grunt*

"And he’s, like, amazing!"

”Ah. Of course. NOW I see…”

"? See what?"

”Why you wanted to talk to me, and why you’ve been thinking of me.”

"Well yes, because…"

”Because you saw him, and thought ‘Wow! A blonde Japanese guy! He looks exactly like my brother, I must call him right away!’ So after weeks of not hearing from you I finally get a call from you, and it's because you're facing another blonde Japanese guy? That's racist, Tall Sister.”

As the realization of wxhat Shinji said dawned on Angelica, her eyes grew ten sizes and her jaw dropped to the floor. Stumbling and mumbling and tripping over her own words, she couldn’t be quick enough to correct him.

"W-w-w-w-w-w-wh-? N-n-n-n-n-nnnnoooo, I just—I mean, I’d never, and ow em gee, Shin, how could you, like, even begin to start the thought of even thinking that even remotely and that’s n-n-n-~!"

It was then that the corner of Shinji’s mouth slightly curled upwards. To Angie, he might as well have been belly-laughing. Her eyes turned to slits right away.

"… you’re messing with me, aren’t you?"

Shinji shrugged.

”I find that it both relaxes and amuses me.”

"Ugh! Totes rude! I was thinking about you because of our shared heritage! Our wrestling instincts! Surely you must’ve felt them too, haven’t you? It can’t be a coincidence that all those years ago, I suddenly went ‘Welp I wanna wrestle’, and that a father, sister and brother I’d never seen or heard of were all pro wrestlers of their own right! Last week, the importance of blood dawned upon me like never before. That’s what facing a vampire does for you, I guess. I guess most of all, I just wanted to… connect?"

”Look, Tall Sister. I know of what you speak. To use a comparison that I’m sure Small Sister would appreciate, it’s like how pigeons always know their way back home. It’s genetic memory. Not everybody believes in it, but… Have you, perchance, ever played the Assassin’s Creed video games?”

"Games? Errr, no. Never. Well, that’s not true. I’ve played a ton of Pokémon. You know Pokémon, don’t you? What’s your favorite starter???"

”I was trying to make a point here… Also, it’s Litleo.”

Angie nearly jumped out of her barstool and clapped in her hands, squeaking loudly, much to the annoyance of her cat.

"OW EM GEEEEE! Mine too! See? That TOO must be genetic memory! I totes get what you’re saying, brofroam!"

”… what did you just call me?”

"Like, literally my brother from another mother, axly!"

”Right. I’m not sure genetic memories applies to favorite Pokémon starters, I’m sure that boils down more to coincidence, but-”

"-please don’t ruin the moment, Shin-chan!!"

Now, Shinji’s eyes turned to slits.

”I hereby forbid you from ever calling me that again.”

"What? Why?"

”Because it reminds me of Kureyon Shin-Chan and it is awful.”

"Raion Shin-Chan? As in Raion Kido?"

”KU-RE-YON!”

"That’s what I said, Raion! Okies, sorry Biggie Shins. I didn’t want to upset you by reminding you of my opponent this week."

Shinji buried his head in his hands, and muttered into his palms trying to talk himself down.

”…lend me strength…”

"Speaking of my opponent, isn’t it amazeballz how he’s called ‘Lion’? If only I were lucky enough to be nicknamed after the biggest pussy on the planet! I’d totes be going like…”

She hooked her hands underneath her cat’s forelegs and lifted ser Bobby high up into the air while screaming at the top of her lungs…

" NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTS INGONYAMAAAAAAAAA BAGITHI BABAAAAA!"

”… Right. I’m going to go now. I’ll be seeing you soon, Tall Sister. Good luck against Raion Kido.”

"Wh-? No, don’t go I-…!"

But he was gone already. Disappointed, Angelica put ser Bobby on the counter. The big British Shorthair jumped right off and raced towards his litter tray to do a big poops after that startling moment.

"Aw, sheesh! He always does this, disappearing right away! Isn’t it the darndest thing? Next time I see him, I’ll have to remind him how that’s one of his more annoying qualities! Like how he says ‘obv’ instead of ‘obvs’! Would it really KILL you to just say the full word? It’s just an ‘s’ at the back, it’s not that big a deal, mister stoic-all-the time! Ugh!"

Angie waved away her frustration, and then regained focus. There were a ton of things left unsaid, so she fired up the #CoolTube app, swiped away a few ads for ‘Roxy’s bathwater’ and ‘Kenzi locks’, and started recording herself. Unbeknownst to her, the brooch pinned on her chest stopped blinking in order to save a bit of battery.

"Hi-hiiiiiii~! Here I am again the Oh So Vaughnemous One! I hope you all had a superbly lovely Easter, and you celebrated His resurrection by finding all of the chocolate you could find and eat! Unfortunately we must all leave such lovely festivities behind us at some point and focus on less pleasant thingies. For me, that involves having to face one of the toughest competitors I am likely to ever face: Raion Kido! Now, I want to address Mister Kido sir directly, because I have a few things to say to him. FIRST OF ALL! I want to thank him. I’ve seen him come into this business and this company since day one, and it’s true what they say… a first impression is difficult to erase. And from the moment I first laid eyes on him, it was as clear as a crystal cloud that he was going to go places. And in spite of all of his potential, he has always remained grounded, kind-hearted, and courteous. You, Mister Kido, are a unicorn in a thorn bush. Scratched and picked at from all sides, but bravely and fiercely continuing to gallop along, letting nothing harm you.

At least, that is what I thought. Because you don’t handle defeat very well, now do you? Mind you, that’s not such a bad thing, mister Kido sir! Because if that were the case, it means you’re used to it. And that means you’ve accepted it. But still, you are your own harshest critic, but that also means you get inside of your own head. I’ve seen you tweet plenty, and it seems like you let your rare failures define you more than your plentiful successes, and that’s a shame! Because you are, like, great! I genuinely mean that! Don’t believe me? A few days ago, I was asked for a list of my dream opponents by none other than *bzzzzshawnwarsteinbzzz* and you were axly at the very top of my list, believe it or not! And if you don’t believe me, go check it out, it’s there for all to see! And one of the reasons I wanted to face you is because I like you. Not just because you are a gentleman, but because you are someone who will not let his generally kind demeanor stop him from being a feral competitor once the bell rings. And that’s where you and I are very much alike.

See, I don’t want to repeat it all the time, but I do feel like I’m not being taken seriously here. And I also don’t want to keep referring to my old successes, because they count for nothing in this environment. Which is why I want to beat you, Raion. Not because I want to drown you even deeper into your own self-doubt… believe you me, that is a HECK that I’ve been through and do not wish on anybody else, friend or foe… but because your scalp next to Vita’s would prop me up further to the level I believe I’m on.

See, wrestling is like violent chess, isn’t it? At the end, in order to win, you gotta beat the KING! And you’ll have to beat some pawns along the way. You’ll have to knock down a knight, maybe take over a castle, probably smack a bishop in the face… But in the end, it’s the king you gotta beat… And I know you’re not the Universal Champion or anything, but you do represent something very important. In my eyes, you’re the Raion KING. You’re potential personified. And you’re desperately trying to turn that potential into something tangible. But with each failure, you let that self-doubt eat away at you. I know it, because I’ve been there myself, and it’s not so easy to overcome. In an ideal world, I’d help you get through it, but this is reality. This is wrestling. And it means I have to beat you, even if that will send you spiraling. I hope it doesn’t come to that, but I’ll do it if I have to. Because, Raion, I’m not gonna lie… If I can beat you, I can beat anyone. Even Charlie Nickles. Even Cousin Pete. Even Alias. All of them phenomenal competitors that I’d be honored to share the ring with.

I just hope that years from now, this match will be known as the New Genesis of the Evangelion. A match where two forces first collided, and regardless of the outcome, both went on to achieve great things. But I hope you won’t dislike me for saying this mister Kido, sir, but what it boils down to is this: there is nobody I’d rather have as my stepping stone to the top as you. Because I know you’ll give me a whole lot to step on, and allow me to climb towards heights I could only dream of before. Because no matter how many mountains one climbs, the best peak you’ve ever reached is always the next one. And when it comes to success in this wrestling biz, I am hungry as heck! I’m going to let those instincts inside of me guide me towards success, as they always have. And to make sure I get the most out of them, I will work hard, train hard, and make sure that every single second of time that I have will be spent towards one single goal: extinguish the cosmos, and become the leader of the pride myself! So in other word, mister Raion Kido sir, you had better…"

*end broadcast*
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like Angelica Vaughn's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (04-27-2022), Dolly Waters (04-22-2022), Raion Kido (04-22-2022), Ring Master (08-12-2022), Theo Pryce (04-30-2022), Vita Frickin Valenteen (04-23-2022)