Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-20-2024, 06:22 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » March Madness IV - RP Board 2022
That place.
rickyrodriguez Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-26-2022, 08:57 PM

'It was just a text, that's all. One I shoulda just pretended I never saw. But nah. He knows my weakness. He knows just how to reel my ass in every damn time. Bobby texted me.'

Hey man, I know you've been pushing hard with everything. You can't push too hard. I got a few different bottles, Fireball, for one. A half ounce of some really good smoke. Come blow some steam off.

'At first, I wasn't gonna. I already had an excuse lined up and everythin. But before I could even type it up, I saw the next message Bobby sent through.'

I got that new Xenoverse 2 DLC.

'Now Bobby? He knew better than anyone bout just how much I loved everythin Dragon Ball. And I mean the OG. Z. Super. GT. Heroes. People can bitch and bicker over canon but goddamn, I love it all! So when Bobby mentioned my drink, the smoke and the new DLC Pack for Xenoverse? I got ready without givin it a second thought.'

Before long, Ricky found himself inside of Bobby's apartment. Already a couple drinks and two bowls deep, Ricky sat cross legged on the couch, his attention focused on the screen in front of him. He was deep in grinding one of the several Parallel Quest the game offered.

'Dude, Full Power Jiren is sucha fuckin beast. Makin these quests too fuckin easy.'

Bobby laughed out as he tossed Ricky one of those single shot bottles of Fireball. He twisted the top off and drank the icy liquid down. Putting the lid back onto it, Ricky set it on the end table next to him. Getting back into the game, Ricky began to realize what Bobby had said about his upcoming matches was entirely true.

He had been killing it in the gym, in every way imaginable, in preparation for the series of matches he had coming up. The Bronx Championship Match against Dave the Dinosaur. Whatever Liberty wants to throw at him. His growing rivalry with Cassie Lopez. But the one that stood out moreso than all the others was his upcoming Falls Count Anywhere Match against Thaddeus Duke.

Ricky knew the match type despite never explicitly having one. The rules were pretty simple though. Win. However. Wherever. Backstage with a chair. Out in the streets with a brick. There literally was almost no rules to this match. Of course, it was weighing heavy on Ricky's mind.

At this point, it wasn't even who his opponent was that tugged at his mind. It was the potential brutality that was involved. Ricky wasn't an expert at those kind of matches, to say the least, so it was definitely going to be a learning experience. And like..how can you prepare for a match like that? Do you just go around, hittin people with kendo sticks and shit like that.

All Ricky could do was shake his head at the thought. As the night rolled on and Ricky continued to grind through that game, his little stack of empty shot bottles grew larger and larger. Then there was that knock at the door. Ricky perked up, albeit a little confused, curious at who it could be. The look Bobby gave him should've told Ricky all he needed to know.

He watched as Bobby went to answer the door and his heart fell into his stomach when he saw Alessa and Catherine step into that apartment. With a shake of his head, Ricky didn't attempt to mask his displeasure.

'Fuuuuckkk.'

Pausing that game, Ricky got up to his feet, even with only a minor amount of stumble. Bobby was quick to walk up to Ricky with his hands up, hopefully trying to stop him from leaving.

'Bobby..what the fuck?!'

'Ricky, man, just hear me out.'

For just a couple moments, there was a silence between the two. It was only broken when Ricky looked at Bobby expectantly.

'Oh, I just..expected more resistance.'

Bobby laughed and quickly waved off the notion.

'Bobby..'

'She's not about..that..anymore. After everything happened, she realized how stupid it was to try and pursue. She..they're both going through a tough spot right now. You know she wouldn't turn away either one of us if we were in her shoes.'

Ricky looked as if he was going to say something but instead chose not to. He grabbed up a lighter and a half smoked joint before slipping out to the balcony, closing the sliding glass door behind him. Lighting up that joint, he took a long hit off of it before turning around and seeing Bobby, Alessa, and Catherine talking amongst themselves.

He didn't even really care what they were talking about. Instead, he was having a hard enough time of just processing what was going on. He should feel livid, betrayed even, that this was going on like it was..but he wasn't. His mind was miles away..almost seven thousand of them.

An annoyed sigh rolled free from behind the lips of Ricky. With his free hand, he slicked his hair back and took another hit. Setting up the little prop up thing on his phone case, he positioned it so it could pick him up. Ricky hit the screen a couple times, starting to record himself.

Shaking his head slowly, Ricky brought his free hand up to rub down his face, sighing into it. The usual childlike demeanor of Ricky was mostly absent at this point as he began to speak up.

'Y'know what bothers me the most bout you, Thad. Bout this whole fuckin situation? You're so sure..you're so fuckin sure that you're just gonna come in and fuckin run me. I mean, beat my ass from corner to corner. Now, I'm not sure if it's some act..some way to try and get up under my skin..inside my head.

And that's fine. Really, it is. There's alottabit of different reasons you're doin it too. Like..maybe you're tryinta push me. Y'know? Like you're tryinta push me to do somethin I usually wouldn't do..push me to act in a way I totally don't act. But it's not goin down like that. I'm not gonna let my head get the best of me, not this time, not anymore.'

The young Ricky feigned a look of deep thought. His free hand stroking his own chin as if he was in deep thought. Those usually bright eyes lit up even more as another idea seemingly struck his mind.

'But what if that isn't the reason? What if..like..you feel like you need that kinda advantage goin into this. See, neither one of us knows just what I'm capable of in this kinda match. I mean, sure I've swung a couple chairs before, maybe some ladder or table work, but this is a wholeee new game, Thad.

And you know that. In that..Lionheart..of yours..you know damn well what is very fuckin possible. You hear bout it damn near every..day. It literally happens all the time. And it's always..the nice ones. The ones who wear their heart on their sleeve. The ones who just..wanna be themselves. They get pushed..and pushed..and pushed.

Then they snap. They lose their fuckin minds and that never ends up well..for anyone. You've seen the news reports. The fuckin droves of neighbors lookin to get their voice out there..

He was sucha nice boy.

Somethin musta happened. I honestly believe he never woulda hurt a fly.

Maybe that just goes to show you you never really know what's goin on with someone.

I'd be lyin if I said I didn't feel like snappin..at least..once a day. March Madness could..very well..be that moment. Not too many more pieces of straw can fit on this camel's back, Thad. I really don't know how much more I can take before I just..boom.'

Placing that joint securely between his lips, he placed his hands together before bringing them outwards to imitate an explosion.

'And the most fucked up thing bout it all is that..it's not even your fault. Like outside of tryinta get to me before this match, you've legit done nothin wrong to me. But it's like you told me..it's just business. And sure, it mighta had a lilbit of a push..but business is why we're here. Business is why Ima hafta kick your ass in every way imaginable.

It's gonna be everythin you ever coulda wanted, Thad. That's what you wanna see, ain't it? For me to finally break through that glass ceilin and fuckin fly higher than I've ever flown before. Now, I'm sure you never wanted it to be done at your expense, but we gotta play the hand we're dealt sometimes, y'know? As shitty as it might be, this is how it is and I'm gonna make the most of it.

You really should be thankin those fellow roster members of yours. When it became evident that you were headin out, there shoulda been a fuckin line of people just fuckin scratchin and clawin for the spot I'm in right now. Honestly tho? You've prolly scared most of them off from tryinta step up to you like that.

It's a damn shame really. Literally anyone would benefit from this kinda match..against this kinda opponent. Prolly not as much of a shame for me cause I'm bouta take this opportunity and make the most of it. Ima take my ass in that ring and for everythin Thad has, I'm gonna step right up into his face and I'm gonna treat him like he's just..another..opponent.

No physical or emotional attachment. No admiration. Just man to man. Doin whatever they hafta do to keep the other down long enough to walk away with what's most important..victory. Lionheart..versus..Little Lion. Only one of us is gonna walk out on top, assumin either of us are gonna be able to.

But either way. Whoever walks out with the W. Whatever hasta be done or said along the way..it all disappears after that bell rings. And we celebrate like only we can. Whatta thing we'll have to celebrate tho. Either you walk away, just as polished and shiny as you've ever been..or we celebrate the biggest win of my entire career. I'll see ya soon, Thaddy.'

Ricky shot a wink before letting a surprisingly smug expression flash across his features just before he ended the recording. Closing out his camera, Ricky pocketed his phone and finished off his joint. Turning to look inside, he saw the three of them, now seated and enjoying their drinks and laughing.

Alessa's smile took him the most off guard. It looked genuine, almost wholesome. The mere sight of it bothered Ricky. What he should have done, what every fiber of his being screamed at him was to just Spider-Man it down the front of the building and haul ass.

But he couldn't. Something he couldn't describe would not let him leave. Instead, Ricky slid that door open and stepped back inside. Instantly, all eyes locked onto him and suddenly he felt like the center of attention. Having that feeling at a show is one thing but in an intimate setting like this, it was unsettling at best.

'Conditions.'

Alessa's eyes lit up as she smiled largely. Bobby did as well, but not nearly as brightly.

'I don't wanna hear not so much as a single fuckin word bout their ways. It's done and over with. That past needs to stay buried, Alessa.'

'That's doable.'

Without even acknowledging Alessa's response, Ricky looked directly at Catherine, the woman who tried so hard to cause problems with him and Sahara. Despite the fact that he recently found out that Alessa had put her up to it, he still didn't feel any better about her.

'And you! Fuckin stop tellin people we're fuckin. That caused so much shit with Sahara, it gave me headache after headache. Like, I know why you did it. I really do. But if you ever..ever step over the line like that again and we will have problems.'

Silently, Cat nodded her head. Ricky looked back and forth between Alessa and Cat. Shaking his head, he walked across that floor and into the kitchen. Grabbing up another handful of shots from that bucket, he made his way back into the living room. Grabbing up that controller, he took a seat on the floor and drank down one of those shots before returning to his game.

'Swear to fuck I better not regret this.'

Tokyo. The site of XWF's March Madness. Ricky Rodriguez stood just outside of the arena that was to house the event. His back facing towards whoever was filming him, Ricky gazed at the building before him. He'd be lying if he didn't feel a bit..in awe at it all.

It was no secret that this was going to be the biggest crowd Ricky had ever wrestled in front of. Just the thought of it had his stomach doing flip after flip in anticipation. He closed his eyes briefly before speaking up.

'Honestly? It's felt like fuckin forever since I joined you and Page out there and laid down that challenge. The days leadin up to this match..it's just felt like they've drug by..so fuckin slowly. But now, standin here, knowin there's no time left..it reallyyy doesn't seem like that long of a time, y'know?

But now we're and it's like..I'm ready. I was able to break through whatever block I had in my head. I managed to get past Jennie and Toddy. I looked Jennie dead in the eye and I put her on her ass. I didn't even feel bad bout it either cause I know it's just..business..'

Ricky turned around, a light smile plastered across his face. He brought those arms up, lacing his hands behind his head, a look of total peace about him.

'I've put..sooo much thought into this. I've mentally prepared myself to do whatever it is that Ima hafta do to keep you down, Thad. If I gotta take you up in the crowd and throw you off a fuckin balcony..then I'm gonna. If I gotta get a chair and follow you around the whole ass arena, beatin the high holy hell outta you..then I'm gonna.

I talked to you a lilbit bout gettin pushed before. That's where I'm at and it's like..that's where I need to be. I need to be able to fully let everythin go and just..go as far as I need to go against you, Thad. And as much as I wanna say it's entirely for me..it's not. It's just as much for you as it is for me, y'know?

I owe it to you to give you the best fight possible and in order to do that..Ima hafta go to a place..mentally..that I haven't been before..a place I'm still not a hundred percent cool with goin. But that's okay. I knew what I signed up for when I stepped into that ring with you.

And sure, I feel this way now..but I know..with my heart of hearts, I know I'm gonna be able to do everythin I need to do. I know..I'm gonna be able to brutalize you. I know I'm gonna be able to take you to your very limits and beyond. I know Ima be able to beat you. The only thing that can stop me..is me.

But like I said..when that bell rings..there is no stoppin until the result is announced. There's gonna be zero hesitation. Zero second guessin. I'm takin this to places I've never been to before. Places I might never go to again after this. Places that I've never exactly wanted to go. All in the name of..competition.'

His fingers released each other as his arms freely fell down to his sides. That smile he wore had faded slightly the more he went on.

'For everythin you've done for me. For the warmth you've extended me. The advice..the support..the care you've given to me. For always havin my back..Ima put you on yours. Not just for the one..not just for the two..but for the whole..ass..count of three. You gonna look up at them stars and you're gonna realize somethin very fuckin important.

You. Were. Wrong. Wrong bout what I can do there. Wrong bout your chances. All the misplaced arrogance. Wrong bout every fuckin bit of it. See, last time I showed you all the respect in the world. I wanted you to know just how I see you..how I feel bout you. But see, I did that..I got that outta the way so I can focus on this.

So I can focus on buildin myself up to be where I needa be to do what I needa do to be successful against you, Thad. I needa be aggressive. I needa be ruthless. I needa think bout all the shitty things that's ever been done to me and channel all of that negative energy.

And I needa unload it cross the side of your fuckin head. Cross your back. Your ribs. Your stomach. I needa get every last bit of that out there and I needa use it against you in all the worst ways. That's what I need to do. That's what I'm gonna do.

I know you're ready, Thad. Least..I know you think you're ready. You prepared for the wrong guy..and I think..deep down..round somewhere in there..you know I'm right. You can doubt..deny..and dismiss all you wanna but when we come face to face here?

You'll know.'

And with that, the filming ended. Alessa lowered her camera, her eyes locked onto Ricky with a sense of gratitude. He noticed it right off the bat but she spoke up before he had the chance to.

'Hey, thank you again. I really needed the work and..I just really appreciate this so much.'

There was a look of skepticism lingering across the face of Ricky that Alessa instantly picked up on. She began packing her camera up, occasionally looking over at Ricky.

'You have every reason to trust me or Cat neither one but I promise you. With the chance you and Bobby are giving me and her, we won't let either one of you down with it. I don't expect you to believe any of it, I really don't. You're going to find out for yourself.'

With that said and her equipment packed away, Alessa walked towards Ricky, closing the distance that was between them. He eyed her cautiously as she stood in front of him. She brought her hand up to rest against his cheek gently.

'I can make this better, I really can.'

Reaching up, Ricky grabbed hold of her by the wrist, pulling her hand from his cheek and shook his head.

'Save it, Alessa.'

Without speaking another word, Ricky walked past her and stepping away entirely, leaving her to carry her own shit. Clearly, she had no problem with it. Nor did she have a problem with Ricky's rejection. Just a hint of a devious grin peeked out across her soft face. She laughed to herself before slipping her backpack on and taking off to follow after Ricky.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like rickyrodriguez's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (03-27-2022), Raion Kido (03-27-2022), Thaddeus Duke (03-27-2022), Theo Pryce (03-27-2022), Thunder Knuckles™ (03-26-2022)