Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:04 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Indian Winter"
Stevie McKeown Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Women and gay men

(physically attractive male on every level; can seduce you; that disarming smile; those bedroom eyes)

03-15-2022, 11:05 AM

"I was supposed to know
How my sweet life would go.”

“Mom.”

Stevie McKeown is driving his VW van down the highway, heading towards Chicago. His bluetooth earpiece squawks as he hears a voice on the other end of the call.

“Mom.”

Since the signing of the scaffold match was announced, the calls have been made daily. Wrestling on smaller shows, he’s never really had to deal with these types of crazy matches. The most off-beat match he’s ever been in was a cage match in front of 14 people in a city park in the middle of a rainstorm.

“Mom!”

The squawking stops. It’s been like this non-stop for a week. “Are you sure you’re going to do this match, Steve?” “Are you sure it’s safe, Steve?” “You never took swimming lessons, Steve.” Every day some new complaint or plea for him not to do this match.

There’s a pause when Stevie snaps at his mother where the sound of peace is heard. “Mom. Don’t worry about it. I’m sure they’re taking every precaution.” They better be taking every precaution. Life preserver. Life raft. Bungee cord. Bubble wrap. “If it bothers you so much, don’t watch it, okay? In fact, just don’t watch it. Once it’s over, I’ll let you know whether you should go back and check it out. Or maybe have dad watch it first.”

It’s been a while since he’s been home. The phone calls from mom and dad happen weekly, but since he’s signed with the XWF, they’ve been a little more frequent. It’s not as if he lived at his parents house after he graduated high school, but he always lived in the same town that he grew up in. Riverside. There were enough local indy feds within a hundred miles of Riverside to keep him occupied and when he wasn’t wrestling, he was playing at the town bars. Now that he’s traveling across the country, his mother becomes worried about him.

Stevie reaches for the pack of smokes on the dash. To be fair, he had quit smoking years ago, but with the stress of everything going on, he’s been craving again. As the van continues down the freeway, he lights up a smoke and inhales without even thinking of it. He realizes it was a dumb move.

“No, Mom. I’m not smoking again. I quit a long time ago.”

Starting in high school, smoking was something that Stevie grew out of a few years into his twenties, but when he stopped for gas this last stop, he saw the pack on the wall behind the clerk and proceeded to buy one. He hadn’t really even intended to smoke them, but they were sitting there, taunting him. He takes the smoke and flicks it out of the window before rolling it back up. Stupid, he thinks to himself.

Then, of course, the one question he dreads is asked.

“No, mom. I haven’t heard from her. I don’t want to hear from her.”

“You know why.”

“Yes, yes, you do.”

“It wasn’t one little mistake.”

“She,” “her.” Pronouns are used because saying her name validates her existence and Stevie has no interest in doing that. They dated through high school. She was certain that Stevie was going to be a huge star. Uber popular in high school doesn’t necessarily translate to popularity in the real world. While everyone else was going off to college and making something of themselves professionally, Stevie was content to play to small crowds in smokey bars. When he picked up wrestling, she didn’t get it. She graduated the next year, went off to college, found herself a football star and that was that.

It was what it was.

Of course, now that Stevie is involved in a higher level wrestling promotion, it doesn’t really surprise him that she’s reaching out to his parents. She wasn’t willing to wait for him, so why should he wait for her? He finally had to block her number a couple of weeks ago because she wouldn’t stop calling.
Stevie’s finally come to realize how she manipulated him the entire time they were dating. She can be someone else’s problem.

“I’m not going to call her, mom.”

“I told you why. I wasn’t good enough for her now, but now that I’m mildly successful, she wants back in on it. I’m not doing that. She’s not good for me and you need to understand that.”

“Sweet girl, my ass.”

“Sorry.” He wasn’t sorry, but he shouldn’t have cursed to his mother. He still meant what he said. “Listen, stop taking her calls. She has nothing to do with us now. I’ve made my decision and she needs to accept it.”

“Thanks for the vote of confidence, mom. I’m sure I can find someone out there for me. I don’t need to rush anything.”

“Really? The grandma tactic again? You’ll just have to wait until I’m ready. I mean, I’d be surprised if you weren’t already.”

“You know what I mean.”

“Karl’s banging every girl on the east side of the city.”

“It means having sex.”

“Fine. I'll stop. I’m hanging up now. I have to stop for gas.” He didn’t but he was finished with this conversation. “It’s just a river, mom.”
He’s almost wishing he’d drowned now to avoid these types of conversations.

“Bye, mom.”

Stevie taps the button on his earpiece as the call goes dead. It was definitely time to get out of Riverside.

Now I seem to find
I'm losing time and mind
Fly
Outside of time
See the thin line
Between what you love and hate and try
To realize
That what you despise
Is lying and being lied to
."
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Stevie McKeown's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (03-15-2022), Lacklan (03-15-2022), Theo Pryce (03-16-2022), Vita Frickin Valenteen (03-17-2022)