Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 01:11 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Cross Promotional RP Board - Archives
SLASHED - The Final Cut
Doctor Louis D'Ville Away
Hello, my friends
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

02-20-2022, 11:40 PM

"Have you ever died before? It's a serious question. When the illusion of self is shattered, you simply cease to be. Though it may not seem that way to others, you know when it's true. You can feel it, a stranger in your own body, an imposter and nothing is the same again."

- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Hello, my friends. My name is Doctor Louis D'Ville.

When I first joined the XWF, I knew from the very start that I was stepping into a place where I could test my limits, prove myself, and know that I was competing with the absolute very best in the entire business. It drew me in. I knew from the very beginning that there was no other place like this one. Over the years I've made many foes and befriended millions, but there were three gentlemen throughout my entire career that have defined it one chapter at a time.

It was a dark and stormy night…

When we last left our XWF legends; Theo Pryce, Vinnie Lane, Gator, and Doctor Louis D'Ville were all celebrating the engagement of Todd Moschitti (Hot Todd, Gator's former cameraman, XWF Head of Production and Film) and brought him to Las Vegas to hold a bachelor party for the ages. Or so they thought… Theo used his position of power (and money) to book the most luxurious private flight, top notch 5-star rooms, and the finest dining that you could possibly experience in one of the most happening cities in the world. Doc was merely minding his own business the one day when a barrage of calls and text messages raided his cellular device.

After finally noticing the twenty-four missed calls, sixteen voice messages, and surprisingly only six text messages from Gator, he wasted not a single moment and made his way to the residence of Vincent Lane. Long story short they eventually made their way to Las Vegas where the party finally started to pick up. The flight, the room, and the dining were all exquisite, as it should've been.

They were all enjoying themselves before they all came to the realization that their entire time in Sin City, not a single one of them recall seeing the bachelor. Except for Gator, who insisted Todd was somewhere on the property, who also revealed he had dropped a little something into the water that they've all been drinking for quite some time already. First, Gator went down. Then Vinnie….. Then Theo…. Doc was obviously never affected by whatever it was, but it certainly affected his friends. After they all finally agreed that the top priority was to find Todd wherever he was, they left the restaurant and went their separate ways to cover more ground while still very much suffering the effects of their toxic waters.

VINNIE

It's just past dusk when Vinnie finds himself clumsily shuffling down the sidewalk through downtown Las Vegas completely blown away by the flashing lights and signs putting on a show all around him. It was partially because the man just loved the place, but also because of whatever it was that Gator spiked everyone's drinks with at the restaurant. He reaches into his pocket and struggles to pull out his vape, which he drops as soon as he does where it takes a couple bounces ahead of him on the ground.

"Awe man……"

Sighing, he stumbles forward and takes a hard bump straight into a palm tree and takes a seat. People walking past have no care in the world of Vinnie's presence as seeing someone stumbling through the streets acting a fool is nothing new to them. He shakes away the little hot pink cartoon stars circling around his head and uses the same tree that took him out to lift himself back to his feet. A thunder rumbles across the desert sky accompanied by a blanket of storm clouds that treat the dry wasteland with a rare rain shower. Carefully reaching down, he retrieves the vape pen off the ground and takes a short drag from it causing his vision to vibrate a little harder. Finding the wall of a building, he uses it to keep his balance and continues his trek down the sidewalk until it ends and takes a corner down a short alley. Across the way, he sees a pink neon sign that seemed to stick out and shine far brighter than any other ones around.

[Image: K9bQnlu.png?1]

Smiling, he takes another hit from his vape and a smile tries to stretch out across his numb face.

"Chicks…..? Sweeeeeet! Todd's definitely in there, man… Def- Def— Definitely there… For suuurre…."

Excited for what's advertised and the shelter from the rain, Vinnie allowed the sign to lead him down the alleyway to another by a steep stairway. Six concrete steps take him down to a large steel door with a knob that he argues with for a moment before pulling and pulling then finally pushing it open into a dark corridor . As soon as he cracked the door, he swore that he could hear music playing faintly in the distance coming from somewhere inside.

"TODD?! DUDE? HOT TODD!! YOU DOWN HERE, MAAAATE? IT'S YOUR OL' BOY GAY-TAH HERE TO GIVE YOU A NOICE SURPRISE!"

His voice echoes down the hall and he chuckles. His laughter is short lived when he allows the door to slam shut behind him and it makes him jump. He starts down the dimly lit hallway, still using the wall to balance himself as the waves of blurry vision and lightheadedness still come and go, but he seems to be slowly getting better.

As he continues to follow the single path in front of him, it occurs to him that the condition of this dilapidated corridor is a bit out of place for a building in downtown Vegas. Even if it is some kind of weird cellar, there isn't a building in the city that you would imagine having any type of neglected rooms or floors. The narrow corridor grew darker the further he went, one turn after another. The concrete floor matched the walls and ceiling and the fluorescent lights hardly did anything to light the way since most of them didn't even work. If they did work they would take turns flickering like a strobe light. There was literally nowhere else to go but straight as there were no doors along the walls for him to wrestle open, too. After one final turn around a corner, the hallway stretches far away from him and finally appears to end at another heavy, steel door. As he approaches, he notices a bright source of light coming from the outside shining through the small space around the door frame.

When reaching to open the door, it pops open on its own revealing that this, indeed, is the source of where the music is coming from. Vinnie pushes it open the rest of the way and slowly steps through, shielding the bright lights from his eyes allowing them to adjust. A strong scent, fruity mixed with cigarette or cigar smoke, hits him as he walks in and causes his eyes to water slightly… Either that or the sights in front of him made him tear up, but we'll go with the excessive smoke that appears in a haze just above head level all throughout the room.

"Woah…. This is rad!"

He found himself in a large room with at least a dozen topless women, wearing pasties where it counts, all walking around in masquerade masks. A bar lines the back wall of the room with a few booths scattered around the open floor for luxury seating. Beyond that is a swimming pool in the center of the room that sparkles under the lighting overhead. Vinnie's eyes light up and his jaw drops through the floor just as he feels a hand reach around his shoulder. He looks behind him to see one caressing his back and another approaching close behind.

"What is up, ladies?"

They don't say a single word, only do their best to lead him in the doorway and towards the bar. Seating him in one of the luxury booths nearby, they leave him.

"Heyyy…. Where ya going?"

Again without a word the women leave Vinnie to his lonesome. He looks around and notices that he appears to be the only one where that's not a woman in a mask. There's not a single patron at the bar, not another person sitting in the luxury booths like him, and no one in the pool.

"Man, I thought this was a party. More for Vinnie, I guess, right?"

He says to himself. One of the women comes from behind the bar with a large pink drink and places it in front of him. He laughs and holds up a hand waving it away.

"Woah, woah… I'm good, doll. I'm still recovering from whatever I had going on earlier…. I don't need anything, but, uh… Can I ask what this is all about? Where's everybody at?"

More silent treatment comes as the beautiful woman just smiles, leaves the drink where it sits on the table, and walks away.

"Man, this is weird!"

Vinnie looks around some more and finally spots another gentleman sitting alone on the far side of the bar. He rubbernecks around a couple of times before getting up from his seat and walking down to the fellow. Leaning his back up against the bar he folds his arms and looks ahead.

"Sup dude. I was a little weirded out at first, this place is pretty dead, ya know? So uh, what's up? Where is everybody?"

The man throws back a clear shot and looks over to Vinnie.

"It's a private party. Can't ya tell?"

[Image: OFnqQlM.png?1]

"My bad, dude, I'm just on a serious mission. Did a shorter, kinda-hefty awkward looking dude come down here?"

Vinnie continues to watch all of the masquerade topless ladies just wander around which comes to him as more aimlessly than anything now and all slowly one by one leave the area. The guy lights a cigarette and blows a big puff of smoke into Vinnie's face.

"Nope. You're the first face I've seen down here in a long time."

Vinnie looks around again and sees that these two are the only two in the whole entire place now and the loud music has come to a halt.

"Woah dude, what's up? What's up, huh?!"

"Relax. I'm not gonna hurt ya."

Vinnie holds up karate arms waiting for the creep to make a move.

"Sit down. Wanna drink?"

"I'll pass, dude… I passed on the waitress, too, I'm already a little over the edge, if ya know what I'm saying."

"Partying hard, huh? I remember those days."

"Oh, no, don't get me wrong, dude. Those days are pretty much behind me, too, it's just, a long story, I guess."

Vinnie looks closely at the fellow.

"Do I know you? Or, like, have we met before? You seem crazy familiar, man."

"Well, I don't wanna toot my own horn or anything, but I used to be in a band."

"Oh, cool! Me, too, bro! Used to rock out, huh?"

"Oh, I'm still rocking out. That's why I'm here in Vegas, man. To live out my legacy."

The guy waves his hand and Vinnie looks around at the man's legacy.

"Uh, yeah, cool man."

"The name's Tommy. Tommy Lane."

A cold streak shoots up Vinnie's back as his mind takes him somewhere else. Swinging on a swing and being pushed by an unseen force from behind. The feeling and comfort that no matter how fast or how far he went, those arms would catch him. Ball games, playing and watching from the stands. Kid stuff. Young kid stuff, really. And that was it. Nothing more. Vinnie's world came back around and there he was, still standing in front of him.

"You alright, man? Thought I lost ya there for a minute."

Vinnie, speechless for a moment, regained his bearings and asked a dumb question.

"I'm Vinnie."

"Vinnie? Cool name, dude. I always liked that."

"You probably had no time for kids then, huh?"

"Ha! I had plenty of time to help make 'em!"

"So, probably a 'no'?"

"Oh, hell man, probably. I told you, man, I used to rock. I went from city to city probably starting little Tommy Lane's all over the country! HA!"

"That's fucked up dude."

"Well, I wasn't gonna get burned twice, alright? Honestly, I do have one that I know of. A long time ago before things got serious with… my band, I was semi-settled down with a lady and we had a kid… But I wasn't making shit doing what I was doing."

"Wasn't there some hope in your band, dude? It seems like you're just rolling down off the big time, what's up?"

"I was a roadie. A good one, too, dude! I could tune any instrument and would be able to stand in and shit. It was rad. But it didn't pay the bills, dude. And before I could make my own decision, one was made for me."

Tommy Lane grabs the bottle of whiskey left behind the bar and takes a couple of swallows.

"Band or life and I couldn't choose. So my life ended and the biggest drag? The fuckers fired me after three tours with them."

"That is a drag man."

Whether Vinnie thought one thing or thought the other, it was worth a shot to believe that someday he would meet the other person that brought him to Earth. And whether today was that day or not, he almost didn't want to know.

"Look, it was cool to chill out for a minute and sweat out this drunk, but uh… I gotta roll, dude. I have a missing friend and, like, I should've been looking for him instead of catching up with you. Maybe, I'll stop back sometime, cool?"

"Catch up? I thought we just met?"

"Right, right. It was cool to meet you… dude."

Vinnie turns around to leave when he reaches into his pocket for his phone.

"Actually, how about a picture, man? Would that be cool? Like, I know you said you weren't famous or anything, but I swear I've seen you on like a recorded show or something."

"Oh yeah? Heh, sure. Why not?"

Vinnie taps his finger against the phone a few times. Then a few times more. Harder and harder.

"What's the matter? Is it broke?"

"Yes! I mean, no. I don't think? It's not working for some reason. You shouldn't need service to use the camera… Do you?"

Tommy shrugs and pulls a polaroid camera from behind the bar.

"I know this doesn't need wi-fi to work, ha ha!"

Vinnie, surprised to see an old polaroid camera just sitting nearby when he hasn't seen one since going through his mother's attic fifteen or so years go.

"Rad! Does it work?"

"Let's find out?"

Tommy stands up next to Vinnie and sets the camera down on the bar.

"A timer, too? Nice."

It flashes and spits out a picture. Tommy runs over and grabs it and begins waving it in the air.

"Here you go, my pal. Enjoy."

Vinnie takes the picture and continues the waving as Tommy takes a seat back at the bar. Vinnie heads for the exit and it's not half way that the picture starts to come in. He stops and looks back at his friend back at the bar, who's now gone. "Probably off for a piss," he thinks with Gator's voice inside of his head. He stops as the photo finally starts to really take shape and has a close look at it.

"What the fuck?"

[Image: 86KdwpA.png?1]

He looks around him and sees that he's not standing in the little night club masquerade party whatever it was any longer. Instead, he's in a cold, dark, damp sewer and has no clue how to get out. The place is lit up barely by little dome lights that spread out more feet apart than do any good. He looks at the photo one last time to confirm what he sees, grits his teeth, and shoves it into his pocket.

GATOR

Gator wakes up tied to a chair in the center of a room surrounded by a bunch of suits with all of their eyes locked onto him. Gator looks around and sees his situation before speaking up.

"No, no, no.. Mates… It's TODD's bachelor party. Not mine."

"Shut up!"

One says getting right into Gator's face.

"Hey! Don't get too close to him! You know what he's capable of!"

Gator can't help but raise an eyebrow and wonder what this stupid bloke is talking about.

"Yeah! Don't get too close, mate! I'll break your neck WITH the chair you've all tied me to…"

"I said shut up!"

The thug steps in and takes a shot at Gator who manages to dodge the swing, grab the man's fist and wrist with his chin, and flip him over to his back.

"I said stay away from him! Just wait for the boss to get here!"

It wasn't a moment later when a door slammed and several footsteps can be heard crossing the floor towards them all. Gator peers behind him until the short, fat guy in a suit walks past him and stands in front of him. He sighs and looks away before looking back at all of the thugs around Gator with a look of disgust.

"Who the fuck is this?"

The thugs all stand silent with not a single one wanting to answer.

"I said! Who. THE FUCK. IS. THIS?"

"Uhh… Deadpool, sir?"

Gator, wide-eyed through his costume, rubber necks around trying to see who that was.

"This ain't fuckin' Deadpool, you idiots. It's just some ASSHOLE in a red jumpsuit!"

"Are you sure, boss?"

One takes a step forward.

"It looks just like him!"

"Oh, ha! HA!"

[Image: zvaTXF3.png?1]

"If anything this guy looks like a shitty cosplay of Spiderman!"

"Wait, wut?"

"This ain't Deadpool!"

After secretly working for several minutes, Gator manages to unravel the rope that has bound his hands. Just as he stands up to show what's what, the power shuts off to the building and it goes dark. Gator stands still, but can hear punches and kicks, WAMS AND BAMS! and guys hitting the ground all around him. The lights flick back on and all of the suits around Gator are spread out, passed out around the room with one other man standing with him.

"TODD?!?! What the fuck?! I didn't know you had it in you mate!"

Hott Todd Moschitti, the man of the hour, the bachelor of the party, the pre-wed married man stands across from Gator in the room.

"I guess… I didn't either! I just did what I had to do, huh?"

"Heh, well, I think I had the situation under control, but thanks anyway."

"I'm sure you did… I suppose I couldn't risk my best man getting taking out before the big day though, right?"

Gator's eyes well up under his mask, he tosses the nylon rope that once bound him down to the ground. Trying to hide the fact he's choked up, Gator speaks.

"We've been looking all over for you! Where you been, mate? I thought we lost you."

"You thought you lost me or you think you're GONNA lose me?"

"Huh?"

Todd smiles and Gator gets a weird cold streak up his spine and becomes a little dizzy.

"Hey? You okay?

Gator shakes his head and looks up to Todd…. who doesn't appear as Todd at the moment. It's a grinning Doctor D'Ville holding Gator by his shoulder to keep him on his feet.

"What… What'd you mean?"

Gator has a flashback to some good times with this boyo, Hott Todd Moschitti. He sees Todd chasing after his own vehicle with Gator in the driver's seat speeding away from a group of violent protestors. Another scene flashes to Gator and Todd tagging in an XWF sanctioned match where Todd is getting thrown around the ring by some giant of a man while Gator is sitting doing commentary during the match.

"What I mean is, just because I'm getting married doesn't mean I can't still be your sidekick, Gator. Just cause I'm leaving for a bit doesn't mean anything."

Gator continues to flashback at a time where Gator is wearing something like a Freedy Kruegger glove while Gator is tickling his nose with a feather as he sleeps. Another as Todd hangs upside down over a vat of acid while Gator thumb wars with some evil looking emperor looking chap.

"Todd… I couldn't give any less a fuck what you do, mate. I don't need anyone. I'm used to being alone. You and your little wifey can fuck off for all I care."

Memories flood his brain again of Todd bringing Gator breakfast in bed as Gator lies bare ass naked in a bed with nothing but his mask most likely slashed from the night before. Another of Gator nearly eating a pin, but Todd cuts free from someone's grasp and breaks it up. Another of Gator after a hard fought battle, worn and torn, battered and bruised being helped backstage by the man. Gator closes his eyes and holds his head as all of the thoughts and memories make his head feel like it is going to explode. He feels Todd's hand on his shoulder and reopens his eyes.

"Fucking hell, mate, I think you killed these boys…"

Gator wrestles out of his mouth remembering now seeing the scattered bodies around him.

"I do what needs to be done for my friends….. Mate."

Gator smacks Todd upside the head.

"NO! Fuck you! That's OUR word! Get in the car! Do we have a car?"

"We do."

"Well go get it, then get the fuck in it!"

"I might have to get in it before I—"

"Just fetch the fuckin' car!"

Gator squints through the mask and rubs his eyes witnessing some kind of glitch in Todd. Like Todd walked past him twice. He didn't believe he saw it, but then it happened again.

"You feeling alright, you blimey shyte? You're walking funny."

"Jacob.. It's probably those stupid narcotics you took with everyone earlier."

"How the fuck do you know about that? You were missing when we were at the restaurant! I remember because you didn't chip in on the bill you cheap fuck!"

Gator pauses for a moment..

"And what the fuck did you call me?"

Todd holds out his hand and blows a white powder into Gator's face that covers it entirely. He stumbles back coughing and wheezing then yells at Todd….

"The fuck, Todd?!"

Gator coughs some more as his vision fades in and out. He swears that through the darkness that's now surrounding him that it's no longer… or maybe never was Todd standing there before him.

"You stupid fuck… The mask… The mask protects me from toxins…. in… the aaiiirr….."

*THUD*

To Gator, the world fades to black and his unconscious body falls hard to the ground.

THEO

Theo opens his eyes and finds himself in a dark enclosed space. He lies there for a moment before realizing the situation and stands up out of the container which he was in! A dumpster. He hops out and finds he is outside in the back of his friend Albert Renaud's restaurant. His suit is ruined with stains and rubbish from the dumpster where he laid for however long. It's still night so it couldn't have been too long could it?

Theo walks up to the back door and goes to knock, then looks down at himself once again and steps away.

"Fuck it. There's probably a way around.

He walks around to the side of the building and finds the alley fenced off, but Theo's a B.A.M.F. so fence shmence. He takes a couple of steps back, runs towards the fence, leaps, springs off the one wall, then hurdles over the fence landing on his feet on the other side.

I can't believe that worked.

Theo says to himself looking back. He makes it out to the street where there's surprisingly no traffic, no people, nothing. The place is dead. He reaches for his cellphone and it shows no service. He punches in a special code that gives him 5G no matter where he's standing in the world, but can only be used in desperate situations. This being one of them.

After dialing the eight-or-so digit code, it still gives him nothing.

"Hello, Mister Pryce."

Theo turns around and sees Doc standing just outside the restaurant entrance.

"What's the deal, Doc? Why doesn't my cellphone work? Where is everybody?"

"They're all here, no worries. I just needed a moment and it seems we didn't have one to spare."

"Even Todd?"

"Indeed! Yessir! Even the Man of the Hour."

"Where the hell was he? Last thing I remember we all split up to go look for him and the next thing I know I was here!"

"Ha! Well, I threw you in the dumpster. Hehehe!"

"What? Why would you do that?"

Doc continues to laugh as he motions for Theo to follow him.

"After you all had the plan to go searching the city for Todd… You all turned into bumbling idiots from whatever it was Gator decided to share with everyone."

"So, you threw me in the dumpster?"

"Correct. I didn't need you scampering off into the city like Lane did. Gator is a whole other story. So I figured I'd keep you close by, because, like I said, I have some business with you."

"What, Doc? What's so important that you had to throw me into the dumpster. You know we have the very BEST in hotel rooms close by, right? You know why I know they're the best? Because I fucking bought them!"

"The dumpster was right there, my friend."

"Whatever… What's going on then? Why'd you freeze time and space or whatever to talk to me."

Doc takes Theo down a ramp into a parking garage and walks up to the only vehicle on that level.

"I didn't freeze time and space. Just listen. We all witnessed all of that nonsense on Warfare… I mentioned before about how Chris Page is attempting to take over the world piece by piece with whatever he can get his hands on. Whatever it is he's trying to do, it seems much like a threat to the XWF, my friend. He's already representing a gentleman that's going against us during this Main Event coming up…. I feel now more than ever wanting to defend this place, my friend. The Mac Bane Team are a group of mediocres that go from one travesty to the next in an attempt for major recognition and have failed each and every time. The only thing that carries them around is their weak reputations and the ability to network their bookings with one another wherever it is they may go."

“You bring up an interesting point Doc. About Chris Page trying to take over the world piece by piece. He did it once before with the XWF when he first came back a few years ago but his plan was thwarted by Apex-Prophecy. And now he is a few years later and with an entire group of ready made soldiers at his beck and call. Specifically guys like Mac Bane but will it really make a difference in the end? Whether it’s Mac Bane doing Chris’s bidding or Peter Vaughn or Xavier Lux or J Mont or (Insert Hack Wrestler Here) or even Chris Page himself will it really matter? Let Chris Page try and take over the XWF. Let him declare War on the XWF, let him bring Mac Bane and the rest of his team if they want to sign with CCPE it doesn’t make a damn bit of difference because if there is one thing I am good at it’s winning wars. Whether it’s World War X or our war with OCW I am on the winning side.I may not have all of The Kings with me but I have one of them and two other guys who are pretty damn good in their own right. So let them come Doc. Let Mac Bane come. Let Ken Davison come. Let Kyra Johnson come. Let Amber Ryan come. Let “Chronic Failure” Chris Page come. Let OCW or Fight or Valor. Five Boroughs, PWE, Zion, Sin City. LET. THEM. ALL. COME. We will be the gatekeepers of the XWF. The last and only line of defense needed because no one. Absolutely no one is going to take what the four of us have spent years building. I promise you that.”

"And it's been an absolute pleasure doing so, as well, you know. This fine federation has been the only place for me from the very start. You named off all of those other places… So many that I've never even heard of, but I'm sure it's the other way around, too, isn't it? These people coming in….. Mac Bane n' Company. Kyra Johnson, Ken Davison, Amber Ryan… They have no idea what they're actually walking into. I mentioned before that their relationships beyond the ring will have no bearing against what we, the pillars of this place, share with one another. I've fought in countless battles and the most memorable ones have been right here. What an absolute honor it is to stand with three warriors that will not only stand together on this day, but already have for many years and will continue to do so for many years to come! This, my friend, will give us the perfect opportunity to show the entire world why we chose XWF all of those years ago and why it is the greatest federation ever to be."

"So, what's with the car?"

A thud can be heard from inside.

"What was that, Doc??"

Doc opens the trunk and out comes a very agitated Gator and a scared looking Hott Todd.

"What the hell were they doing in there?"

Gator growls and snarls like a wild animal and goes after Doc who tases him and sends him back into the trunk. Todd scurries out of the way in a hurry.

"Doc?"

"What is it, Theo?"

"Explain!? Please!?"

"Well, after Gator decided to liven up the part with his special little additive, like I said before… You all ran a muck. After realizing that Todd was missing you all were so into it that I decided, What the heck, I'll go along with it. While you all went about your little mission, I was going to go to the airport and get Todd where he was abandoned then meet you all back here. But, Jacob was nearly hit by a car and then mistakenly taken for someone else who apparently had a lot of enemies… So, I commandeered this vehicle, went and rescued Gator… and then went and got Todd."

Gator tries rising up out of the trunk.

"I knew that was you you old fucking–"

"DOOOOOOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Vinnie can be heard screaming from down the street. He's covered in muck and is staggering down the ramp limping on one leg.

"What the hell'd you do to him? Throw him in the sewer? I can smell him from here, I think."

"I didn't throw him anywhere."

"DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOC!!!!!!"

He shouts again.

"Are you sure? He looks really angry with you."

"He's always angry with me over something though, isn't he?"

Vinnie gets to the four of them and pulls the photograph from earlier out of his pants.

"Mind explaining this?"

Vinnie holds it out, Doc doesn't bother looking or taking it, but Theo moves in. He looks down at it then moves only his eyes back up to Vinnie.

"You still not feeling alright, Vinnie?"

[Image: iyQdj6r.png?1]

Vinnie looks down at it and crumples it up. He throws it at Doc.

"Oh, fuck you, dude. Stay the fuck outta my head alright? There's nothing left for you up there, ya dig? Oh shit, ya'll found Todd. Nice."

DOC

"So you literally never take that thing off, or what?"

"Only on NON-special occasions, Theo, and this is obviously NOT one of those."

Theo and Gator both stand in front of a mirror fixing their ties and adjusting their collars. It looks like they're in a public bathroom somewhere. Gator's tuxedo is being worn over his usual red suit, which he actually seems to pull off quite well. Top hat and all. Gator takes a pose and smiles through his mask into the mirror.

"We are quite dashing, aren't we?"

"Best of the absolute best has to look the best, too, right?"

Suddenly, the door swings open and Vinnie, hair ties back and overly dressed to kill, per usual.

"Dudes! Todd's waiting, man! Quit jerking each others' cufflinks and get out here!"

Theo and Gator exchange glances as Vinnie disappears again back through the door.

"That doesn't even make sense, does it?"

Vinnie pokes his head back in.

"Ya'll are lookin' sharp though…"

He says with a smile before vanishing again.

In the little chapel outside the restroom Todd stands at the altar as he nervously awaits his bride. He's sweating bullets standing next to Gator who rocks back and forth bored out of his mind. Vinne and Theo stand behind him while Doc stands by the exit watching the show from afar.

"What a trip it's been. The years I've spent here… The times I've had… The wins… The defeats…. They all meant so much as they happened. Each event would roll by like the rest and when I chose to attend every possible one I could at the beginning, I thought it would last forever. Each week meant someone new to meet and someone new to pick the brain of. To challenge. To wreak absolute terror."

"Time slowed down after a while though. It seemed after once I was so established that a return from a hiatus was celebrated more than me showing up week in and week out. It didn't matter. It's not like I got out of practice. Each time I rose up, I rose up better and better and showed the world I still had it to be considered one of the very best. And I thank every single person here for that. No matter how long I stayed away, it didn't matter, my return to battle was always heralded as something you couldn't miss. Something epic. Something beautiful. Everyone stepped in line to enter through my doors and each time I did my very best to give them exactly what it was they were looking for. Whether I walked away from the battle in victory or in defeat… My head was always held high, eagerly awaiting the next time I would have an opportunity to share with you all my talents. I hope it was a joy for you all as well as it was for me.

Each event, dating back from all the Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays, and our occasional Sunday…. Each was a building block to what now I can look back and admire as an amazing career."

"This will be my final battle."

"I have nothing more to achieve here and I feel that going out defending the very place that I adore so much with the three gentlemen that have basically helped write every chapter that I have lived through here is the only way. The opportunity is too good to be true and I'm afraid that if I pass this up, it will never happen again. I owe thanks to everyone in the XWF but these men I stand proudly with to take on an outside foe threatening our very way of life."

"Regardless of this outcome, my decision has been made. Heh, but if you think I'm going out without successfully defending this most fine federation then you have completely lost your mind. Universal Championships…. King's gauntlets…. They were all just something pretty to carry for a while along the way. The battle that stands before me is, without a doubt. the most meaningful one in my entire career. Mac Bane… He appears to be the alpha in the situation so he will be the one that gets a lot of my attention. Cut off the head, am I right? The rest of his merry little posse will shrivel up and be nothing without him and the four of us…

Theo Pryce.

Gator.

Vincent Lane.

And I, Doctor Louis D'Ville, will crush them one by one for the name and sake of the XWF."

Doc looks around and hears the music change. The show is about to begin! Todd bounces in place in anticipation as a very homely, older looking German woman comes out from around the corner yelling about something….. in a wedding gown… Todd quickly turns to Gator.

"Who hell is that?!"

"Uhh.. the bride?"

Todd smacks his face avoiding eye contact with the woman. He leans into Gator and whispers quite loudly….

"That is NOT my fiancee!!"

"Then who the HELL is it, Todd?!"

Gator says snarkily.

"How should I know?! Gator, you were supposed to pick her up at the airport!!"

"You certain that ain't her mate?"

Gator and Todd continue back and forth as Vinnie and Theo prepare for what could be another adventute... a possible sequal, maybe? Doc laughs to himself and looks down at his King's gauntlet, which he won last year in the finals of March Madness, and unlocks the braces from his wrist. He slides it off his hand and places it on a mantle beside him and stands it up. The doors in the back of the chapel open up to a beautiful, puffy white clouded sky... and Doc takes a step forward. Before he breaches the threshold he looks back one last time.

"Good bye, my friends."

[Image: Me3VJFK.png?1]

[Image: Kd641BT.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 12 users Like Doctor Louis D'Ville's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (02-21-2022), Atticus Gold (02-21-2022), Charlie Nickles (02-20-2022), James Raven (02-20-2022), Marf (02-21-2022), Mark Flynn (03-04-2022), R.L. Edgar (02-21-2022), Raion Kido (02-21-2022), Thaddeus Duke (02-27-2022), Theo Pryce (02-21-2022), Thunder Knuckles™ (02-21-2022), Unknown Soldier (02-21-2022)