Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 02:29 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Cross Promotional RP Board - Archives
Daywalker
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

02-20-2022, 06:33 PM

It was the very definition of an "uncomfortable situation."

Nellie Cortinovis always knew that her public persona would put her in situations where she would be considered an outsider, and her very public political life was only going to exacerbate that. It comes with the territory, which is why she didn't think twice before taking over as the manager for her father's wrestling career, despite how controversial he can be. Nellie never shied away from being in risky situations, and would always stand up for herself no matter what.

Still, she didn't necessarily LIKE it, and she certainly wasn't going to seek them out, something she apparently does not share with her father.

We open up inside Magoo's Bar in Lower Township, New Jersey. The place is a dive bar, and it is half filled, with some folks standing around a pool table, while others are sitting at the bar. Sitting in the middle of the bar, among these other patrons, are Centurion and Nellie. Nellie looks scared as she glances around at the crowd that is currently assembled.

This crowd varys in age, but that is the only demographic difference among these patrons. They are all white, they are all male, most of them are overweight, and they're all wearing either black leather, camouflage, jeans, or some combination of the three. Some nondescript metal music is playing in the background, and the younger crowd seem to be nodding their heads and lip singing to the song as the older crowd continues to sip on their beers and carry on with their conversations.

"Whatever you have planned, this had better be fucking worth it." Nellie says to Centurion with anger in her voice as she continues to scan the crowd. "I'm generally not well liked in Lower Township as it is, and this group of people seem like the type that drag me behind their motorcycles."

"Trust me," Centurion says with a smile. "I have a plan. My match with Raion, I know what I did wrong. I tried to match style with style. I tried to out pace the kid, and that's just not something I can do anymore. So, before I step in the ring with JC Keeton, I'm going to need to change my strategies a bit."

"That's wonderful." Nellie says in a stoic voice. "This is also something we could be discussing from the comfort of my house, and not from some bar that hasn't been cleaned since the 70's. I think I'm getting tetanus just sitting here."

"I need to lean more into my toughness." Centurion says, completely glossing over what Nellie said. "You put me in the ring with some of the baddest, toughest mother fuckers on the planet, and I stand toe to toe with them. That should be my thing. If I try to match JC Keeton's pace, he'll likely wear me down. But if I punch him really hard in the face, I can knock him out."

Nellie stares at Centurion for a few seconds, with no sound being exchanged between the two. Finally, in a fit of frustrated confusion, Nellie raises her arms quickly before slapping them onto the bar in front of her. "Does any of this have a point!"

"I'm getting to that." Centurion says casually as he calmly lifts his left hand to calm Nellie down. "I can do all the weight lifting, all the cardio, all the studying in the world, but in the end, it's no substitute for good, old fashioned fighting."

"Right, makes sense." Nellie says as she nods. "So you need to get some sparing in. I can set that up for you, or at least I could have, had you not dragged me to this fucking bar!"

"You're not understanding me!" Centurion says a little authority this time. "Sparing isn't going to do shit. I'm not going to get better by standing in a gym across from someone paid to box me. I need to stare down more people who want to kill me. It's no coincidence that I won the UGWC World Title immediately after being in the ring with Chris Page. Having the adrenaline of knowing someone TRULY wants to hurt you, fighting your way out of that situation, THAT makes you tougher."

The reality of the situation is beginning to dawn on Nellie, who's eyes curl inward and she quickly shakes her head. "Oh, no. Dad...what did you do?"

"You see those Neo Nazi's over there?" Centurion asks as he gestures over his shoulder.

Nellie looks in the general direction of where Centurion was nodding before looking back at him. "You're going to have to be more specific." Nellie says bluntly.

"The three skinheads at the corner table." Nellie glances back to where Centurion mentioned, and sure enough, three overweight bald men in biker leathers and jeans, sit around a table, just glaring at the rest of the people at the bar while drinking Bud Lights. "Everyone else here are just small time nobodies who come here to act cool, but those three run the joint. Man in the middle is Brandon James, one of the leaders of the Vinlanders. Those are two of his buddies next to him. They basically control everything in here - the music, the atmosphere, the bands - they own it without actually own it."

"Right" Nellie nods in agreement. "Sounds like typical white supremacist behavior - take over a bar, terrorize folks, nothing new there."

"Difference is," Centurion says as he leans in closer to Nellie "if the punches start flying, no one is going to have their back. All of these other folks will run home, sprint down to their mom's basement, and listen to Ariana Grande while crying for the rest of the night. Knowing that, AND knowing that James is a hot head, and...well, just wait a few minutes."

"This is a bad idea." Nellie reiterates as she sits back in her barstool. "If you're wrong about this, then all you're going to get is your ass kicked. And mine, too. Then JC Keeton won't have to worry about any sort of "style", since he'll just win by forfeit."

"Hold on." Centurion says, excitedly. "Here it comes."

The current metal song plays out, and after a few seconds of silence, the soft beginning of a familiar song begins to play.

I threw a wish in the well
Don't ask me, I'll never tell
I looked at you as it fell
And now you're in my way.

Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" begins to play, and as if on cue, the large bald man, previously identified as Brandon James, screams out from behind his table.

"Hey, who fucking played this shit?!"

"Showtime." Centurion whispers at Nellie as he stands up and faces the Neo Nazis. "Me! You got a fucking PROBLEM with it?!"

The other two men flanking James both quickly turn to Centurion, knocking over their table in the process. One of the men begins storming over towards Centurion.

"HEY! Don't you fucking talk to him like that! How about I teach you some fucking res…"

Before the man can finish his sentence, Centurion knife chops him in the right elbow, causing it to go limp. Immediately after, Centurion catches the man in the temple with a right hook, causing the man to fall to the ground. Instantly, the rest of the bar quickly runs out, leaving only James and his other henchman standing face to face with Centurion. The henchmen pulls out a switchblade and slowly begins to walk toward Centurion. Centurion just grins as he stands, almost in a non-combative stance. The henchmen goes for a stab, but Centurion easily dodges, causing the man to stumble forward and hit the bar. Centurion immediately kicks the man in the spine, causing a loud crack to echo out somewhere on his body. The man screams as he slumps to the floor, leaving only James and Centurion left standing.

"Look, I don't want any trouble." James says nervously as his demeanor has completely changed. Centurion, however, continues to confidently walk up to the man, and the man throws a haymaker out of desperation. He completely whiffs, and Centurion slams the man's face into a table, causing the nose to instantly break. The man screams, and Centurion grabs him by the ear and begins to pull him toward the door of the bar. He tosses the man through the bar door, causing the door to fall off its hinges and the man to fall face first into the lawn outside. Centurion turns back into the bar, where he is met with only the horrified face of the bartender.

"Yeah, uh...add it to my tab."

------Beat His Ass, Leave Him At The Stoplight------

Let me tell you, straight up, the situation that I'm in right now, JC Keeton.

This Denzel Porter Invitational, it's going to be broadcast to millions of people, and audiences from all over the world will be watching; however, there are two federations in particular that are heavily involved in this show and, to be quite honest, the majority of the audience will be from these two federations. Those federations are:

The XWF, and Fight! NYC.

Now, I have nothing to prove to the XWF audience. I've been proving my worth to them for over 20 years. They either believe in me or they don't at this point, and nothing that is going to happen in this match is going to change that. The Fight audience, however?

Well, that's a different story.

See, they only truly saw me once, and that was in a loss at what was supposed to be my "specialized" match. Do they know me? Sure. Have they heard about me? Absolutely. But they never saw me standing in the ring with my arms raised, and let me tell you, JC…that's a problem for me.

I'm not blind to the way the wrestling world is these days. Thanks to social media and global broadcasting rights, there's more wrestling available now than there ever was, and the days of "this wrestler is with this group, and that wrestler is with that group" is over. We are all moving parts, ever changing with the landscape. What does that mean?

Well, quite simply, I can't coast on my record, because while the XWF sees me as a legend, and the UGWC sees me as their World Champion, there's still a very large market out there that hasn't seen me at my best, and that market ALSO buys wrestling tickets, and merchandise, and and all that other stuff that makes us buckets of cash.

So this isn't an exhibition match for me, JC. It's a retribution match. That means I actually have something to fight for...which is really bad news for you.

I don't know if you know this about me or not, JC...but I'm good. I'm really fucking good. And despite all these young assholes on social media trying to consistently tear me down and drag me through the mud, they would all trade their lives for mine in a heartbeat. Why? It's simple...everyone knows Centurion, and I don't even know any of their names. All I know is they're another "generic young talent with an ego and a lot to prove."

Which, honestly, is kind of where you are at the moment, Keeton. Yes, I know you've won World Titles before, but if you asked the average fan on the street which companies those titles came from, they would draw a blank. The fact is, you're just getting started on your path towards mainstream success, and while that's great for you and whatnot, it also doesn't make you special in any way.

Honestly, when I was first told I would be facing JC Keeton, my first reaction was "great! ...which one is that again?" And I do feel bad about that - I know it says a lot about my ability to keep up with the times, but it also says a lot about how nondescript younger wrestlers are becoming these days. You're telling me I have to tell the difference between JC Keeton, Paul Montouri, Dane Preston, William Mason, and Nick Danger? How?! You're all exactly the same! You're all young white(ish) dudes looking to "forge your own path through pro wrestling". Hell, the only reason I know who Ricky Rodriguez is is because I hear all the gossip he's involved in every time I go to the Velvet Rabbit.

This isn't to say you're a bad dude, Keeton. You're probably very nice. And this isn't to say you aren't talented. You probably have a huge future in front of you. It is, however, to say that I don't need to sit down and watch all of your matches and all of your promos in order to know how to beat you, since you're nothing more than a copy/paste of your entire generation. Hell, I don't even know what this event is going to do for your career. Normally I like to say "you're going to get a big boost by being in the ring with me", but I don't even know if that's true.

Though, there is one way you can make sure you get a bunch of buzz from this event - by putting on such an awesome showing that other wrestlers will be cursing our name for having to go after us. We're the first match out - well, technically the second, but no one is buying this event to see Ritchie Florida - and we have the ability to set the bar. If you're able to do that with me - if you're able to keep up with me and put on a hard hitting performance that leaves the crowd in awe - then you'll be on your way to separating yourself from your peers.

But if you can't do that, Keeton? If you fall flat, look weak, and allow me to basically do whatever I want in the ring, then you're going back to being just another nameless face in a crowd. Another young star who may have had potential, but who just couldn't step up when the lights were brightest, and when they were given the opportunity, they became just another wrestler in a long line of people who met their…

FINAL FANTASY!!!

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-95-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Centurion's post:
Raion Kido (02-21-2022), Theo Pryce (02-20-2022)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Centurion's post!
Thunder Knuckles™ (02-20-2022)