Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 03:08 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Cross Promotional RP Board - Archives
DPI - We are here to cease hostilities.
Mac Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-20-2022, 05:41 PM

“They’re the in-crowd, we’re the other ones
It’s a different kind of cloth that we’re cut from
We let our colors show, where the numbers ain’t
With the paint where there ain’t supposed to be paint”
- Eric Church.

The Denzel Porter Invitational.

{The Bane Home, Las Vegas NV - “Family”}
[off-camera]

It had started out as a simple thing with Denzel reaching out to me about an 8 person tag team affair. It would be a team of myself, “Godly” Ken Davison, his fiance Kyra Johnson and my wife Amber Bane-Ryan. Not too long ago, shit got weird and APEX withdrew from the event. Now we are facing what some would consider a near-all-star team from XWF. Theo Price, Vinnie Lane, Gator, and Doc D’Ville, each and every one of them a legend in XWF. To spice up the deal, Texas Tornado Rules

My children, Jimmy, Julez, and Aeric, all loved Amber and she adored them. My son Jimmy was way too much like me, it kinda scared me seeing a compact mini-me walking around. He was twenty-six now, Aeric was the gentle giant at almost seven feet tall. Julez was a kid that had her mother's looks and smarts. Amber was not their mother but you couldn’t tell it by the way they were together. Their mom had died three years ago, Amber and I married in March. I could hear them play arguing in the kitchen as I grabbed a clean pan to take to the smoker. Setting the pan down on the platform on the end of the smoker. Checking the fire in the box, it was still going, the thermometer for the internal temp was running along at two hundred and twenty-five degrees Fahrenheit. The ribs and brisket had been in for almost twelve hours now. I took a seat and lit a cigarette. Soon my son Jimmy came out to check on progress with two beers in hand.

“Ready for one?”

He said, holding the beers out to the side. My response was a smirk and motioned him on over.

“Thanks, Jimmy”

I said as he took a seat nearby, lighting a cigarette of his own. He was looking around and it dawned on me that he hadn’t brought a bottle opener. I pointed to the end of the smoker and he nodded. Digging into my pocket, I pulled out my swiss army knife. Popping the top, I took a long drink. Meanwhile, Jimmy found the bottle opener that I had mounted near the end of the smoker. He then takes a long drink, he looked pensive so I knew something was on his mind.

“Spill Kid”

I said jokingly to him as he studied me for a moment. Then after a long pause and a drag from his cigarette.

“I’ve been thinking about going back to the ring, pop.”

With a nod and a grunt, I stood up, putting my cigarette out in the ashtray next to the chair.

“Time to check the meat.”

I walked toward the smoker and grabbed the rubber gloves that I used to move the proteins around. Lifting the lid, the heat poured out in waves. I made a face at that.

“Well, Jimmy, if that’s what you want to do. You know I’ll support whatever decision you make.”

He nodded as he helped me move the ribs on the tin tray.

“I know pops, and you’ve no idea how much I’ve always appreciated that.”

I shook my head.

“James, it’s your talent that got you in doors and won you titles. It wasn’t anything I ever did that got you where you are in the business.”

I swear to God these kids think I’m doing them some kind of favor.

“Yes sir.”

That was his only comment as he took the tray from me to head back inside.

“Jimmy.”

He stopped and looked back.

“Yeah?”

I smiled at him and hesitated only for a moment.

“Son, I’m proud of all of you kids, I hope you know that.”

He returned my smile.

“We do, thank you pop.”

I shut the lid of the smoker and would wait until he brought the tray back to load up the brisket. Peeling out of the gloves that were rated for up to seven hundred degrees, I went back to my chair. Taking another long drink of beer. The family had always been my first priority. That had cost me more than once but hell that’s okay. Opportunities come and go like the wind changes directions in this sport.

Fade

[On-Camera]

I look around the studio that Amber and I had built in this house. Just off the den, it’s one of the quietest and most comfortable rooms in the house. The multicolored sound dampening foam tiles give the room a splash of color. Grey, red, and black may seem garish to some but they really fit our personalities well.

” The Denzel Porter Invitational show. It’s always an honor to talk to Denzel, he’s nothing more or less than a good man. I and my family am glad to come and face Team XWF.

I give a friendly smile to the camera as I continue.

” I call them family because to me, that’s what they are. My wife Amber, well, she’s pulling double duty on day three. She’s facing Knox and then teaming with us in the main event. Ken Davison and his fiance Kyra Johnson, otherwise known as Baltimore Elite. They are that and then some.”

I allow the smile to remain, feeling I’m in a good groove, I continue.

” Ken and I have been friends for almost twenty years. We’ve made others bleed and each other. A friendship….no…a brotherhood built on years and miles. Traveling the roads together in the leaner times. Long before the titles and the big money came, we stood side by side. We stood together through some terrible times.”

Family

I lean against the wall with the sound of denim scraping against painted sheetrock. The wistful smile is replaced by one that speaks of fondness and respect.

” Kyra, his future wife. A special lady to be sure. One of the few women who holds a pinfall victory over me. She is as brutal as any man I’ve ever stepped into the ring with. It’s more than the Ultra-Violence, it’s her in-ring intelligence. Her command of the ring is second to none. If I trust her with my brother, then I know and you should know I would trust that woman with my life.”

Family

My facial features relax a bit and a warmer smile blooms on my face like a flower reaching for the sun.

” Amber fucking Ryan as she’s been known for years. My wife, and my heart. She is one of my all-time favorite badasses in this business. She’s another of the ladies that hold pinfall victories over me. I wear that shit like a badge of honor. Make no mistake about it, she’s as tough as old boot leather boys. She can put you down while smiling at you without a moment's hesitation.”

Family

Pushing myself away from the wall, the sound of denim on sheetrock again. I look out the window, the sunlight frames my face like a halo.

” The Violent Aces and Team XWF come together in Vegas in support of the ambitions of Denzel Porter. We will face each other in a Texas Tornado Rules Match. Texas Tornado tag team rules are not for the weak of heart. I’ve seen so many careers end in matches like this.”

When I look back at the camera, the smile is gone, replaced by my business or game face. Betraying no emotion I continue.

” I don’t think I’ll let anyone do that to us. Not today, and not ever, if I can prevent it. Now I know, you fellas must be thinking, “why so serious, this is supposed to be just a good competitive match.” Now, that depends on a few things.”

Poker face was gone, and now the feral smile comes to life spreading across my face. I cock my head to the side like a dog or wolf would when he’s trying to understand something.

” It depends on us, not you. I’m sorry if there was any confusion. Will you be in the ring with the aces of old? Will it be Ken that shows up for this match or will it be “Godly” Ken Davison that shows up? Will it be Kyra Johnson? Will it be “The Ultra-Violent Goddess”? Will it be the “Painted” Hurricane or will it be Amber Bane? Finally, will it be “The Gentleman Wolf”? Maybe it will be “The One Man Wrecking Crew.”

I shrug and then give a coy smile to the camera.

” Who knows really, still a lot of time between now and then, isn’t there. The most important thing for you fellas to know is that you don’t know what you don’t know.”

Fade.

{Cracker Barrel - Las Vegas, NV - “Gifts for everyone”}
[off-camera]

One thing that made me miss home, less, was the rare break in my schedule where I got to go have breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Just a man and his coffee, the silence was almost as good as the food for me. My body was almost on cruise control as the wind buffeted me and I downshifted my v-rod to approach the exit off the highway. This broke me from my reverie as I coasted down the ramp and signaled to turn into the parking lot. Shifting down again, applying the breaks ever so slightly and then back to neutral as I coasted into the motorcycle parking. That’s when it dawned on me.

“Rocking Chairs.”

I smiled a self-satisfied smile as I locked the v-rod down and made my way up onto the “porch” for lack of a better term. Setting the alarm, I made my way to the doors and stopped there. I took one last look at the rocking chairs and chuckled.

“I crack myself up.”

I said to no one in particular as I pushed the door open and stepped inside. The ladies at the register smiled.

“Welcome back Mister Bane.”

They all said politely as I nodded to them in return.

“Ladies.”
I removed my skull cap and stuffed it into my jacket pocket. I approached the register and smiled.

“I would like to have 4 of your oversized rocking chairs delivered. I know it’s a hassle and I’ll pay extra for them delivering it.”

I said it as slow and polite as I could because these ladies were not the brightest in the world. Janet, the shift lead returned my smile and started taking the information and my money. I laid a piece of paper in front of her with the address and the names of the recipients on it.

“Thank you, Janet, I appreciate it.”

Janet smiled, and nodded, “You’re welcome Mister Bane, enjoy breakfast.”

I smiled a genuine smile, “I always do” With that being said I made my way over to the hostess. “Just one this time Marsha.” She nodded and grabbed a menu, “Your usual table and order, Mac?” “Yes ma’am,” I replied in a friendly way. My usual spot was tucked in a corner away from people so I could decompress. I didn’t have to wait long before the coffee arrived. “Thank you, Katie”, I said to her as she set the carafe and cup down. She had already brought sugar and creamer so I was all set. “You’re welcome, Mac, food should be up in less than five minutes.” She turned and left leaving me to my thoughts.

Fade

Shooting from the hip

continued from the previous shoot

The camera follows me as I move towards the steps, as I step down, I decide to sit down there on the steps.

” So, I’ve talked about the team and who we are. I’ve done a lot of research on the “Legends” team from XWF. I do, believe it or not, I have a great deal of respect for these men. They are all highly decorated champions. From watching your promos, I was very entertained. He’s kind of like me, he simply enjoys a good fight. Certainly not anything wrong with that.”

Mac gives the camera a genuine smile.

” Too bad I wasn’t here when he was active as a roster member. This is your first match in a while, isn’t it? It appears to me, and quite frankly I could be wrong, but it does appear that your biggest matches were with D’Ville. I do hope you two can function in the same ring together. Buried the hatchet so to speak.’

I place my elbows on my knees, bringing my hands up, and together I steeple my fingers.

” If not, this will be a very short match. Having spoken to a number of people they all say the same thing. You hit like a truck. Do you hit like a Mac Truck tho?”

I allow my smile to come back through again.

” See what I did there?”

I chuckle a bit at my own foolishness.

” Jokes aside big fella, Texas Tornado rules matches have long been one of my specialties. I’ve won a ton of tag team titles in these kinds of matches. You have to keep your head on a swivel and be able to trust everyone in your squad to watch and have your back. Can ya? I hope so for your sake. We’ll find out soon enough whether that trust is misplaced or not.

Fade

{Local Radio Station - Las Vegas, NV - “The Interview”}
[off-camera]

I sat there in the booth with headphones on. Chris couldn’t make this one, he was working out details of the invitational and the upcoming Cannabis Cup matches. My wife Amber was a few blocks away at another radio station doing the promotional events for Sin City Wrestling. This guy was a local shock jock for lack of a better term. I liked to be abrasive to people to try and trigger them. My bosses at Sin City had sent him a message and warned him not to do that with me. I had a reputation for inflicting violence on people and damaging property when provoked. It would be fun to see how hard this moron was going to push. I had been provided with coffee and an ashtray because I won’t do interviews without them. We hadn’t had a pre-production meeting which is pretty standard for this guy. He liked to surprise people or so I was told. Jim Jones was his name. The light went on and he began.

“Ladies and gentleman, I am sitting not two feet away from one of our own. Mac Bane is the current reigning World Heavyweight Champion for Sin City Wrestling.”

I smiled at his introduction.

“Thanks, Jim, I really appreciate that intro. I might need to have you start doing my intro’s at shows.”

He smiled and laughed as he continued.

“Hell Yeah, Mac I’d be down for that. Ya know, I had your better half on not long ago.”

There it was, now it was time to fire the first warning shot.

“I know, Chief, we listen to each other's interviews. If someone gets sideways with her, I make sure I make time for that person. If you are picking up on what I’m throwing down.”

It’s not often that I even pay attention to people’s reactions to things I say, but it was quite comical to watch the blood drain from his face as I said it. It took a moment but he finally regained his composure.

“I totally get that, heaven help the poor bastard that crosses her or you for that matter. Speaking of which, we really enjoyed having her on the show. How are you guys doing?”
I smirk, this guy digging for personal information.

“We are doing great, thank you for asking.”

I don’t know if it was the way I answered his question of the expression on my face. I could hear his producer in my headset yelling abort mission at him. He seemed to take her advice and changed the subject quickly.

“So you and amber and some friends of yours are taking on a legends team from XWF, at the Denzel Porter Invitational. You must have a lot of connections in the industry to even get an invite to that.”

That was more like it, I smiled and nodded my approval at him for changing the subject.

“You know Jim, that’s true enough, I do have a lot of connections in the business. The thing though is you’d be surprised how far your influence can grow by just being a good human with other people. Denzel is a great man and one of the really good people in this business. I was honored that he asked me to begin with.”

He smiled at that as I lit a cigarette and exhaled slowly and continued.

“My association with Chris Page helps with that much more than people may realize. I understand that “Chronic” Chris Page is not universally loved. At the end of the day though, he loves this business and works his ass off for his clients.”

He stared at me with those doe eyes in the headlights of an oncoming truck.

“Shameless plug eh?”

I smirked at him.

“Look, Chris is my agent, and of course, I’m going to speak well of people who have my back in this business. More than that though, if you look at the young guys he’s taken under his wing. They are getting a level of exposure that they could never achieve on their own.”

He responds immediately.

“You talk about that guy like he’s some sort of saint.”

I fire back.

“You’re not paying attention. Everyone knows that Chris is no saint, but he’s not the demon he’s painted to be either.”

The man’s face was turning beet red. He was angry and the question was why. I made a mental note to ask Chris about that later.

Fade

Continuing the shoot

Still sitting on the steps, still being thoughtful of the time, I continue on to the next one.

” The good doctor. Doctor Louis D’Ville.”

My eyes harden a bit as I continue to address the man who could be the most dangerous of the four.

“One of these things is not like the others. One of the most cerebral men to ever lace ‘em up as they say.”

My jaw sets, the look on my face harden more.

“Highly decorated like the rest, but the exception is that he is still very active. He’s literally won everything that there is to win in XWF. He’s owed respect and he’ll have it from me. He’s manipulative and damn near evil in his approach to others. Doc, I like that about you. Not many can do what you do with class. You’re rocking that shit.”

I can feel the righteous fury surge and it shows in my eyes, my intensity went from zero to eleven that quick. Perhaps there’s something about the good doctor that didn’t feel right to me. That smug look in all of his promotional garbage.

“At the end of the day Doc, I don’t think any of that is going to matter. I know that you and Gator have had your battles. I’m not so arrogant as to believe I can drag a wedge between you legends. I can only provide my opinion and observations.

I don’t even bother trying to quell the storm that is raging in my heart right now. I continue to allow it to build.

“If you are like most of us who’ve been at this for a bit, you’ll likely discard what I have to say as nothing more than shit-talking from someone you’ve likely never even heard of.”

Allowing my hands to rest in my lap now instead of being steepled in front of me, the blood slowly returns to them giving the tingling sensation. I shrug my shoulders and continue.

“That is also fine as far as I’m concerned. There are many who didn’t give me any modicum of respect or acknowledgment for everything I’ve accomplished in my career. That’s on them, and so are the losses they endured at my hands for that matter.”

I slowly close and open my fists as the blood continues to return. I stretch out my left knee to an audible pop.

“I’m not indestructible and I don’t want to give that impression. No one is after so much time throwing ourselves and others around like it doesn’t matter. The goal of this business is, after all, making money, not friends. I’ve been fortunate enough to do both. Can you say the same?”

Fade

{The Oblivion Garage (or what was left of it), Las Vegas, Nevada - “Cleaning up”}

[Several Weeks Ago]
[off-camera]

Ever have a situation where you knew who did you wrong but you couldn’t do anything about it at present time? I knew who was responsible for the destruction of our garage and I had laid the foundation for getting even. For now, though, I needed to handle this part of it. The cleaning up process before the rebuilding could begin.

Drenched in sweat, I stood there surveying the damage and my progress. Even after the amount of time that had passed, I was still pissed off that someone had come here to destroy what Amber and I had worked so hard on. It was a toil of love though, I had to get this back to a point where the rebuilding could begin. She was there with me of course, just as drenched and tired as I was. We had been out here all day since sun up working on shoveling the debris and the soot. We started out just trying to clear a path. The roof had fallen in during the fire, as the water had begun to soak through in the process of the department trying to put out the blaze. As time passed and the paperwork was processed we finally had gotten the chance to come out here and get some things done. It was a long process, we decided to do this ourselves because of how much of us was already in it. We knew it would take longer but we didn’t care. This was about us, we were a team and this was the only way we knew. We continued to work together in silence, each of us lost in thought. I couldn’t help but think about what she said the night of the fire.

It’s the wiring, it had to be, yeah?

That’s when I went to the breaker panel and looked at the wiring leading into it and away from it. They had all been marked by me and run by me. I knew I hadn’t missed any of the old aluminum wirings. I had double and triple-checked before I allowed electricity to flow into this building. Not only that but the city inspector had verified that the old wiring was one hundred percent removed in his inspection. This had been bothering me since the night of the fire. I looked over my shoulder to see her there watching me. I wasn’t sure if she was going to cry and smack me with her shovel. I didn’t comment on it, but went to her.

“How about we get a shower and some food?”

She leaned up against me, “yeah, we both need one that’s for sure.”

Fade

on with the shoot…

“Vinnie Lane. A very colorful and entertaining man to say the least. He’s another XWF company alumn. Highly decorated and well thought of by the roster, well at least as far as I can tell.”

Although the fury has abated somewhat, the intensity in my eyes and the set of my jaw remains.

“A great champion in your time and in you're prime, but really Lane, when was the last time you were even in a match? I mean, I could take a guess at your age, but the hair dye and obvious work that’s been done, man that shit just ain't right.”

I shake my head, even thinking of this guy brings the fury back to the surface.

“You may be a former champion, but were you fake as hell back then as well? Dude, you are as obvious as neon and not in a good way.”

The smile tugs at the corners of my mouth as I focus on him.

“I certainly hope you have a good plastic surgeon on standby, son, you’re gonna need it in a match like this. I’m not diminishing the skills you use to have but ya know…

I allow the smile to come on to the point of almost laughing.

“Never could stand a guy who had better eyelashes or hair than my wife.

Fade

{The Bane Home - Las Vegas NV - “Time and Opportunity”}
[off-camera]

Some of these younger guys, talk about retirement because they feel as though they’ve accomplished everything they wanted to.

Sitting in my living room, shirtless, blood-stained blue jeans and black roper cowboy boots. I didn’t remember cutting myself but then I looked down at my hands and saw that I had busted my knuckles, on both hands.

“How the fuc…”, I stopped myself as I remembered what had happened. I was still a bit hungover from a bender the last couple of nights. It’s not every day that your wife tells you, “Don’t fucking touch me!” I sighed and gave the room another look.

“Fucking Hell,” I said in a barely audible voice. I spotted two empty scotch bottles and sighed again. I had two options, I could clean up this mess and patch the walls or I could just leave it. Hoping she’d come home and see what he had done to me and our relationship. I decided just then.

“Fuck it,” I said in a more firm voice.

“Fuck It,” I said more loudly.

“FUCK IT!”

I almost screamed it. I currently didn’t give a fuck if she showed up for the Invitational or not. I didn’t care if she was off doing whoever or whatever. The things that mattered most to me right now were the lies, misdirection, bending of the truth. Whatever you chose to call it. Without honesty, what was a marriage? Her saying she was protecting me and what we have. That was bullshit too. I stood up and kicked one of the bottles of scotch across the room. No time for brooding Bane, time to get ready to go. There are some so-called legends to go kick the shit out of.

Fade

Wrapping up the shoot

I stood up from the stairs, pacing like a caged beast, then I stop and look at the camera.

“I’ll never be that guy, the one who dismisses someone's entire body of work. That’s the arrogance of another level. It’s usually some ape who’s never won a title that does that kind of thing. This is the first time for me competing against any of you as far as I can remember. You are already really well acquainted with my agent. You know, the guy who’s been outmaneuvering you for quite some time? Just because I’ve never worked for your company doesn’t mean I don’t pay attention to it. XWF has intrigued me for a while now.”

Standing there, a snarl grows on my face.

“Maybe I’ll use this match as a measuring stick. If it’s over quick, I wouldn’t consider coming to your company. Even though that’s what Chris would like.

I’m back to pacing without even thinking about it. I don’t stop as I address the camera.

“To me, this is funny. Such a large part of the ownership group in one match. What do you suppose would happen should they become injured and couldn’t do their job? Then at that point, Chris Page could operate without restriction. By the time you boys got out of the hospital, he’d own everything. Not that I would go out of my way to hurt anyone, it’s just me thinking out loud.”

I smirk at the camera and consider my options from here.

“I mean what could possibly entice me to come to work for you guys? I mean, it’s a good company, don’t get me wrong. The problem is that I’d have to deal with you, the frontman wannabe, Hannibal, and Larry the cable guy. That’s not exactly a strong selling point for your company there, chief.

Now, I’ve become amused with myself and can’t help but laugh out loud as I continue to pace.

I mean, why would anyone from CCP Enterprises want to stay? Did it ever occur to you that may be the reason that Thad is considering his options?

Then I stop pacing and glared at the camera.

“I realize that this shouldn’t be personal to me, but this is the business I love and I’m still kicking ass doing it. Every ounce of me is invested in wrestling, so I do take every part of it that I participate in, personally.”

End
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Mac's post:
Atticus Gold (02-20-2022), Doctor Louis D'Ville (02-21-2022), Theo Pryce (02-20-2022)