Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 03:48 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Fire and Ice 2022 PPV RP Boards
Lord Of The Thrones
Peter Vaughn Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

01-18-2022, 05:07 PM

The Road So Far:

Old Connections, New Suspicions

Learning Who Is In Charge

Enjoy Every Moment As If It Was Your Last

[Image: executive-summary.jpg]

Success has continued to snowball for Peter Vaughn. In the last few months since "The Purge", Vaughn has fought his way through the TPW International Title Tournament, winding up victorious at Winter Wrestleland. He has brought together a group of Exiles, a force to be reckoned with that is making waves in multiple federations. He has signed on the dotted line with Chris Page and CCP Enterprises, giving him yet another boost of support behind him. He has taken the war onwards to PW Valor and Fight! NYC. But throughout all that, he still feels that it's not enough.

Enter the Custodial Coalition.

Vaughn has been working with this unique union hidden from society's view, making inroads to their power structure in recent weeks. He's even managed to meet the mysterious leader, known only in the virtual world as Master Cleaner. So far, though, Vaughn has been unable to reach the inner sanctum, where the majority of knowledge and power resides. But Vaughn is never one to give up on a pursuit, not with so much on the line in front of him....

~The camera comes up on Peter Vaughn making his way through a very specific Home Depot. Glancing around to make sure no one's watching, he slips through an Employees Only door, making his way down a medieval set of stairs to a lighted pathway of brick and stone. It is a definite shift in ambiance, to be sure. Vaughn marches on, knowing exactly where he's headed. He sets his sights on a nearby entryway, heading inside... and stopping short. Standing in front of him is the head custodian of the area, a man Vaughn has interacted with multiple times.~

Head Custodian: You have returned.

~It is not phrased as a question. It's also fucking obvious, but we'll leave it at that. Vaughn just nods.~

Head Custodian: You realize that you're already higher than many of the janitors in the United States today. You have earned respect, shown by your meeting with the Master Cleaner.

Peter Vaughn: Maybe... maybe I'm finally getting that respect. But it's not enough. Not with Jonathan Barrows plotting something against me. Not with Apex constantly doing everything they can to make me falter. Not with Jim Caedus standing between myself and the glory I am owed. No, sir, it is not enough. I will not stop trying until the power of the Custodial Coalition at my disposal, making me almost untouchable in the information gathering universe.

Head Custodian: I knew this would be your response. The equipment has already been prepared for you.

~The head custodian obediently moves to the side, showing that the AmuSphere head gear is indeed already sitting on the unique chair in this room, ready for use. Vaughn nods and walks forward, not wanting to waste any more time. He picks up the headset, getting it positioned across his eyes. He adjusts himself on the seat, geared up to be plugged in.~

Peter Vaughn: LINK START!!

~Nothing happens, just like last time, but at least this time Vaughn is expecting it. He reaches up blindly, managing to find the correct button to send himself flying into virtual reality. Vaughn slumps over in the seat, his real-life body no longer being used. The head custodian shakes his head sadly and turns back to another man who has come up.~

Head Custodian: When the inevitable happens, dispose of the body properly this time.

Custodian #2: That wasn't my fault. Who knew they'd check the guy's freezer?

Head Custodian: Who WOULDN'T check the freezer?! It's the most obvious place to put it!

Custodian #2: Fine, fine, I'll take it to get cremated. Happy now?

~The head custodian turns back to look at the unconscious Vaughn, shaking his head.~

Head Custodian: No. No I'm not.

~The head custodian sighs and walks over, leaving the other custodian to monitor the situation for if and when Vaughn's body succumbs to the challenge before him. We watch as the camera zooms in on Vaughn's face. He looks almost innocent, like a Vaughn from the past. The camera moves right into the lens of the AmuSphere, fading into darkness.~

It's pretty incredible to look back at how it all began, and where the path has taken us since.

It was at the beginning of November 2021 when my path with Apex first crossed. I wanted to make myself known right away, to set the stage for my expected climb to the top of the wrestling world. Since Drew Archyle managed to pull out that first main event victory for TPW, he was the natural target for me. It easily could have been anyone else, but fate guided me to blind a member of Apex that night. That was the beginning of a hell of a journey, Jim.

I remember you, Robert, and Oliver going after me, demanding that I fight all of you at once. It was your fierce intentions towards me that led to the founding of the Exiles, former members of OCW who all desired what you were keeping from them: a place at the top. All of the sudden, you didn't have the numerical advantage anymore, and that ate at you, didn't it, Jim? It's no fun if we don't outnumber the competition, right? So you kept trying to take my squad out whenever possible. You did pretty well with Crash, I have to admit. But I just replaced him with even stronger individuals, ones you couldn't shake.

Then there was Bad Medicine.

I had my plan down perfectly. I destroyed Drew Archyle with perfect accuracy in the Broom Closet Brawl. I led Bam Miller to holding the XWF Xtreme Title, taking you down for the first time in a while, wasn't it? And then I had the Universal Title in my grasp, about to make my dreams come true. That's when Apex swooped in at the last second, with you stealing the Universal Title after my team had done all the work. I know you were deeply proud of yourself there, Jim, pinning an unconscious man whom you never laid a hand on. The fact that you still claim to be a hero to the fans is beyond my understanding.

But even if you thought that setback was the end, the Exiles have persevered. I have added more weapons, including a man who knows all of you very well, Chris Page. And last Warfare, I showed how easy it was to deceive the champion. I'm not sorry for what went down, Jimmy-Boy. You should have seen it coming. If I were you, I would have immediately had Droop, Ollie, and Robbie out there to back you up. But you were so confident. Confidence is a great thing, boyo. It's also likely your downfall.

Because I know you haven't learned anything from the beatings you've taken. You're still going into Fire & Ice expecting an easy win over me, probably hoping that Apex will once again rescue you if things get too bleak. You don't understand that you've already lost. I'm going to be the XWF Universal Champion.

This is a future that cannot be stopped.

~The shot in the camera eventually goes from complete darkness to a painful bright white, shining throughout the screen. As it fades down, we see a virtual version of Peter Vaughn making his way forward in the nothingness of this world. He stands tall, yelling out to the void.~

Peter Vaughn: Master Cleaner! I seek a final audience with you!! Bring yourself to me!

~After a few seconds of quiet, a rumbling can be heard. Vaughn steps back, watching as a building begins to emerge from nowhere, raising up into the sky. The place has the look of a Greek Parthenon, due to the pillars in front. After the building settles in place, Vaughn immediately walks forward, heading inside. He finds himself in what appears to be a vast library that goes off into the distance. There is really no way to bring to scale how large this repository is. Vaughn continues forward, seeing in front of him the shape of a man. It's the same individual we've seen before, a man whose likeness is familiar to almost all.~

[Image: mrclean.jpg]

Peter Vaughn: You didn't expect to see me again, did you, Master?

Master Cleaner: On the contrary, I fully believed this moment would come. I simply hoped that it would not. You are a unique force in the world right now, Peter. A figure who could do so much good for your custodial brethren. Give up this attempt at power. You are already a bright star in our universe. Why put it all at risk?

Peter Vaughn: Because. I. Can.

~The Master Cleaner looks disappointed in this answer. He rubs a hand across his bald skull, making you wonder: is he bald in real life? Or is it a mannerism he has undertaken in this virtual reality?~

Master Cleaner: The path you seek is extremely dangerous. Many who have believed they were worthy have fallen. This quest could end with your brain fried.

Peter Vaughn: Been there, done that. It didn't stop me then.

Master Cleaner: No, but it certainly changed you. This is your last chance to retreat from this challenge.

Peter Vaughn: I'm not one who backs down, Master. Nothing is going to stop me. Nothing.

~The Master Cleaner finally acquiesces, nodding sadly. He directs Vaughn's attention to a series of books alongside the wall, novels from some of the greatest writers the world has ever known.~

Master Cleaner: Then choose your path, the path that will lead to triumph or destruction. Once you decide, select your choice and prepare yourself. Best of luck to you, Peter Vaughn.

~Vaughn walks up, immediately studying the books. The ones he's never heard of are ignored immediately. He notices one name that definitely stands out.~

Peter Vaughn: Stephen King. Yeah, we'll be avoiding all of those, thank you very much.

~After some more searching, Vaughn finds himself in front of a larger sci-fi/fantasy area. Both of his hands drift over the books, as if divining rods to find the best challenge for him.~

Peter Vaughn: The Lord of the Rings. A kingly challenge for sure, fitting someone of my skills...

Master Cleaner: A great story, and one that would test you to...

Peter Vaughn: But then there's Game of Thrones. Loved the books and the series, at least until that last season....

Master Cleaner: They definitely dropped the ball. Peter, be careful...

~Lost in his decision making, Vaughn reaches out towards both books, still trying to make his choice. His hands are absentmindedly getting closer and closer...~

Master Cleaner: No! Wait, Vaughn!!! DO NOT TOUCH BOTH BO-

~Vaughn's hands make contact with the two books simultaneously, with Vaughn apparently thinking that he would have to grasp the book and pull it out for things to begin. Unfortunately, that is NOT what Master Cleaner said. Both books light up, due to the selection, as Vaughn's eyes open wide. An explosion of color and bright lights follow.... and for the moment, we can see no more...~

~The picture slowly comes back, showing Vaughn shielding his eyes from the bright lines of the roller coaster ride he just took. It legitimately felt like the world had exploded, ending his journey before he could even step on the next road. After a few seconds, he looks around, watching the details slowly coming together around him as if being painted by water color.~

Peter Vaughn: Master Cleaner? MASTER CLEANER?? .... Where am I?

~Since there was no response, Vaughn settles back and waits, knowing that there's not much he can do until everything comes together. Surprisingly, some of the colors shoot towards him, enveloping Vaughn before he can react. When they go away, Vaughn realizes that he's now wearing a black tunic with brown pants that are a little too short. He's also no longer wearing shoes. Confused by this, Vaughn glances around again, finally starting to recognize that what's being built around him... is a castle. He takes note of the high walls and gated entrance nearby, before turning and looking around the whole world now coming into view around him.~

Peter Vaughn: I'll say this, whoever does Master Cleaner's tech support is an absolute genius. I didn't even think we had technology this advanced yet.

~Suddenly, people begin appearing, first as walking shadows, then finally materializing as NPC's all around Vaughn. He decides to nod to some of them; apparently Vaughn didn't spawn in front of them like they did him. One merry maid walks up, offering a stout beverage.~

Peter Vaughn: Thank you, miss. If I might inquire, where are we exactly?

Maid: Have you already drunk too fast, good sir? Of course you know you're in Castle Winterfell, the home of the illustrious House Baggins!

Peter Vaughn: House.... Baggins?

~As the server moves off to deliver more drinks to the masses, Vaughn turns and looks upwards to the side, where banners can be seen flying. The crest of House Baggins: two eagles inter-crossed. Vaughn thinks about it, his eyes narrowing as he puts the two items in front of him together.~

Peter Vaughn: Uh oh...

~Vaughn begins to wander through the crowd, drinking his beer along the way. For artificial alcohol created through a computer program, it's not half bad. As Vaughn makes his way to the opposite side of the courtyard, he sees a smaller man making his way up onto a wooden stage. The crowd immediately begins to cheer, recognizing him as he begins to speak.~

Bilbo Baggins: My dear Bagginses and Baratheons, Tooks and Targaryens, and Bracegirdles, Greyjoys, and Proudfoots.

Man: PROUDFEET!!

~The crowd laughs as Vaughn notices the rather large man to the side, showing off his feet. He's a very unique looking individual, to be sure.~

Bilbo Baggins: Yes, well, I hope all of you are enjoying yourselves as much as I am. You know, I don't know half of you as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

~The crowd cheers, even as Vaughn chuckles, knowing that most of them just got insulted. After a second, though, Vaughn's expression changes, as he remembers he's part of this world now... so Bilbo might have just insulted him as well.~

Bilbo Baggins: Thank you all for coming to my 111th birthday celebration. This will be a celebration for the ages! A toast to all of us for uniting together against those who would seek to destroy us!

~Bilbo tips his glass of mead into the air, with everyone else joining in the toast. He takes a long, strong drink.... and then begins to shudder. The glass falls out of his now-spasming hands, crashing into shards on the floor of the stage. He falls onto his back, as we watch from on high as several run to his aid, including Peter Vaughn.~

I'm sure you're starting to wonder if you made the right choice that day, Jimmy.

Your decision to pin Alias to become Universal Champion really started your title reign off to the wrong start. People saw it as a sign of weakness. They believed that you could be easily taken down, and all the targets began coming your direction. Everyone saw a vulnerability that they thought they could exploit. But none of them did what I pulled off when I signed here, Jimmy. I made sure that I earned a title shot no matter who was the champion, making me the first one in line for that belt of yours. Sure, others have tried to jump the gun, making a lot of noise and bluster. Your own brother has attracted your attention, I believe.

Family can be tough. Trust me, I know.

But as many of them get into line behind me, they'll all have to get prepared for a different outcome. After all, once I become the champion, that line queue may shift around. Maybe Charlie or TK stays near the front, maybe they get knocked to the bottom. Who knows? But, of course, the only thing that will matter to you, Jimmy-Boy, is that your 15 minutes at the top will once again be over. This time, quite possibly, for good.

Let me relieve that burden around your waist, Jimmy. Drop all the stress and take some time off. Go to Tahiti or Hawaii, get a sun tan that you desperately need. It sounds like a dream, doesn't it? Just take your lumps, get pinned, and you'll get to feel free once again. I'm more than willing to accept the stress of being the Universal Champion.

I'm built for it, after all. Much more than you are.

You looked good as a top contender for the gold, don't get me wrong. Even with the way you won it, it doesn't take away from the fact that you were conceivable as champion. But now that you're there... it's time to step away. Because you're just a placeholder for the stunning rise of "The Mechanic" Peter Vaughn.

At least you'll be in the history books.

~In slow motion, Vaughn slides in next to Bilbo, who is gasping for breath. He glances over at the dropped mug, which is now smoking through its pieces of glass that are left. Another woman drops next to Bilbo, immediately recognizing the signs of his blue lips and struggles to introduce air to his lungs.~

Woman: He's been poisoned!!!

~Vaughn takes Bilbo's hand, more as a reflexive gesture than anything else. He looks like he's in shock.~

Peter Vaughn: This isn't the way it's supposed to go... damn it, George R.R. Martin and his penchant for killing randomly!

~Gasping, Bilbo reaches into his pocket, painfully pulling out what looks like a rolled-up scroll. The piece of parchment has been sealed by a large, golden ring around it. Bilbo desperately pushes it into Vaughn's chest, making him take it.~

Bilbo Baggins: You... must take this... Frodo... Snow...

Peter Vaughn: Frodo Snow? Really? I'm a bastard?

~Vaughn thinks about it for a moment, then reluctantly nods.~

Peter Vaughn: Yeah... yeah, I guess so...

Bilbo Baggins: Flee... this place... run... you must... go to... Casterly Rock... you... must...

Peter Vaughn: Hold on, Bilbo. There's help coming...

~Bilbo suddenly grabs Vaughn by the shirt collar, pulling himself up agonizingly to get out one last phrase.~

Bilbo Baggins: Fly, you fool.... winter... is coming...

~Bilbo then collapses backwards, convulsing a few more times before finally becoming still. Vaughn looks down at the scroll he was given, trying to put everything together. In the meanwhile, though, the woman nearby begins to shriek.~

Woman: He... said Casterly Rock to Snow before he died!! Snow is a traitor!!! He's working for House Sauron!!!

~The crowd gasps, backing away, as Vaughn stares at the woman, then everyone else.~

Peter Vaughn: Wait, I'm not...

Man: Get him!!

Peter Vaughn: Well, shit...

~A group of men swarm around Vaughn, but he starts moving too quickly for them to touch him. He lands haymakers and snap kicks, knocking clear a hole for him to charge through. One man grasps at his cloak, but Vaughn easily pulls away, throwing a forearm back at him before flying through the hole. He's soon racing into the castle, the only option available to him, as the gates have already been secured. He runs down two hallways, outpacing the mob trying to pursue him. He flies around another corner... and is grabbed by the arm, yanking him into a shadowy corner. The frenzied crowd rushes by, still in pursuit, as the camera moves closer to the shadows, showing the two men standing inside. Vaughn sizes up the man who saved him.~

Peter Vaughn: Samwell Tarly??

Samwise Tarly: It's Samwise, remember? That was a close one, Mr. Frodo! Thank goodness the Gaffer showed me a shortcut! C'mon!

~Sam turns and starts down a hidden passageway that he's opened up, with Vaughn watching him for a moment.~

Peter Vaughn: ... Sam meets Sam. Suppose it makes sense.

~Vaughn follows Sam into the passageway, even as the crowd noise can be heard growing again. The passageway closes, though, so when the mob runs by again, they have no reason to suspect an exit has been found.~

I'm sure there are a lot of doubters sitting out there in their comfy chairs, expecting me to be just a passing fad.

"Vaughn was signed for this match just to make Jim Caedus look better, so that he's boosted higher up for his battles with Charlie Nickels and Alias. It's obvious!"

Yeah. Fuck you.

I'm not coming into Fire & Ice to get quickly pinned and removed from the XWF map. I have way too much invested for that. I am putting my heart and soul into this company. The XWF is the best location I have right now to make myself known. To earn the accolades that were deprived from me for so long.

For those who don't know, I obviously didn't start out as a champion. I remember the day the Accelerator grabbed me from my janitorial duties and said "You're in the PPV". He had just fired a loser who dared challenge him, and needed a quick substitute. Just like that, the Janitor was born. But for years and years, that was about as far as it went. I mean, I won a few titles here at there, hardcore and paramount belts, but no one ever thought I was a major challenger to them.

That all changed in OCW. As much as how horrible things ended there, give them props: they were willing to take a chance on me, and it paid off. For me, at least. Since then, everyone who has bet on Peter Vaughn has gotten their money's worth. That's going to continue for a long, long time. I haven't finally made it up the mountain for a son of a bitch like Caedus to knock me right back down.

This climb cost me almost everything, Jimmy, and I'd do it all over again if it came down to it... with a few changes here and there, of course. But the end result is going to be the same. You're going to find yourself down on the mat, or the floor, or on top of a table. Maybe I'll drag your ass all the way over to where a balcony's located for extra emphasis. Then, when you look up through blurry eyes and see my shape flying down at you closer, closer, closer still, you'll have a moment to realize that you made the biggest mistake of your life when you came to Drew Archyle's aid in my feud with him.

You inherited a nightmare. Payment is due.

~The opening appears seamless, which makes it invisible to those trying to get into the castle. You'd almost think it's like a hobbit door, except that's the wrong story, isn't it? Vaughn and Sam step out of the passage, looking both ways before hurrying across to the nearby forest. They keep up a good pace at first, making sure to get away from the soldiers hunting Vaughn, before, finally, Sam slows down the pace as they begin moving alongside a river bed.~

Samwise Tarly: I think we've shaken pursuit. God, poor Mr. Bilbo. To die like that on your birthday...

Peter Vaughn: It's pretty tragic, isn't it? So, Sam... why are you helping me?

Samwise Tarly: Are you complaining?

Peter Vaughn: Not at all. I just like to know all the motivations from people around me. It comes in handy, believe me.

Samwise Tarly: Okay, look... before the party... I was visited by a great magician...

Peter Vaughn: Gandalf the Grey?

Samwise Tarly: It was a woman... wearing red...

Peter Vaughn: Ahhh... Melisandre...

Samwise Tarly: She didn't give me her name. She just told me that tragedy is coming, and that once it comes, I was never supposed to leave your side. And I don't aim to let that happen, Mr. Frodo.

Peter Vaughn: Hmmm... mysterious as always...

Samwise Tarly: So where are we going?

Peter Vaughn: Apparently we're heading for Casterly Rock...

~Samwise gasps and comes to a stop, looking shocked. Vaughn continues for a few more steps before he realizes that his ally stopped moving.~

Samwise Tarly: The Castle of the Fiery Eye?? Who would ever want to venture towards that disaster zone? That's pure evil, Mr. Frodo!

Peter Vaughn: Yeah, I'm not surprised. But apparently my quest is to deliver this scroll.

~Vaughn tosses the scroll to Sam, who manages to catch it in trembling hands. He tries to remove the ring to read it, but it won't budge.~

Samwise Tarly: What is this??

Peter Vaughn: The One Ring, I suspect. It will likely release its grip when we need to be able to read the scroll, don't worry.

Samwise Tarly: But... but the One Ring is supposed to darken one's heart and make them evil!!

~Sam frantically tosses the scroll & the ring away from him, but Vaughn easily catches it and puts it back in his pocket.~

Peter Vaughn: That's not a problem for me, don't worry.

Samwise Tarly: Wow! You're a strong man, Mr. Frodo Snow! Who knew a bastard could be so powerful?

Peter Vaughn: Yeah, let's relax on the bastard terms for now if you don't...

~Suddenly, there's a crashing of trees to the left of the two men. They stop, turning and bracing for a fight, as two figures come flying out... one collides with Samwise, knocking both to the ground. The other flails past Vaughn, who managed to dodge in time, and ends up falling into the river! He yells for a moment, hitting the water, before realizing that it's only a foot or so deep. He stands up, a little ashamed but smiling as he turns back to see who they almost collided with.~

Pippen Baratheon: Well bless my beard! It's Frodo Snow and Samwise Tarly! Hey, you okay, Merry?

Merry Greyjoy: I think so, Pippen. You're like a mule, Sam! Barely gave way!

~The two men laugh, with Pippen apparently not even troubled by being soaking wet. Vaughn just shakes his head, as once again it's the same... yet different. He has really made this ultimate quest more difficult on himself.~

Samwise Tarly: So why running so fast? Were you in the farmer's garden again?

Pippen Baratheon: Actually, we were off to enjoy some time spent at the brothel. We only have so much time available, we need to get there as fast as possible to get as much debauchery in as possible!

Merry Greyjoy: They didn't need to know that, Pippen.

Pippen Baratheon: Well, they might want to come along, wouldn't they? Sam? Frodo?

Samwise Tarly: I'm sorry, Pippen. We're off on an adventure. We can't stop at the brothel on the way.

Peter Vaughn: Well... I mean...

~All three men turn to look at Vaughn with expectation. After a moment, Vaughn sighs.~

Peter Vaughn: No, no, I guess not.

Samwise Tarly: Look, guys, we just need to make our way to the Crossing.

Merry Greyjoy: Where House Frey resides? That's a long journey away from home, Sam.

Peter Vaughn: It's imperative we get there. I can't explain... I definitely CAN'T explain... but we have to keep moving.

Merry Greyjoy: Luckily, you're with the two men who know every single way in and out of the North! We'll get you there, no problem!

Pippen Baratheon: As long as we get breakfast. And second breakfast.

Peter Vaughn: Of course... c'mon, let's keep going then. There's only so much daylight in...

~Suddenly a loud horn sounds, echoing throughout the forest, that stops everyone in their tracks.~

Samwise Tarly: An orc raid? Now? We'll need to be extra careful...

~The horn sounds again, sounding a little more agitated this time.~

Pippen Baratheon: Two means what? A Wilding attack?

~Each person pulls out their daggers, preparing themselves just in case. Vaughn, though, has a full broadsword. Who knows where he got it from.~

Merry Greyjoy: Let's watch out and keep...

~A third and final horn blast comes across. The horn is then silenced, possibly forever.~

Pippen Baratheon: Oh my God....

Merry Greyjoy: It can't be...

Peter Vaughn: I forget, what's...

Samwise Tarly: WHITE WITCH-KINGS!!!! RUUUUNNNNN!!!!

~The group frantically sprints away, with Vaughn caught up in the run. He can't help but feel a little fear himself. After all, he can die here, too. The camera zooms upwards, showing the four members of the fellowship running away, sprinting as fast as their feet can allow. To the east, we can see a number of figures moving along in rhythm next to each other. These undead monsters let loose powerful screams as they begin to track their prey, stumbling along after the foursome. The ones on horseback, the Nazgul leaders, begin to gain ground...~

A little fear is never a bad thing.

Feeling the adrenaline course through your veins, giving you that extra dose of speed and agility, can make all the difference during a street fight. Dodging that metal bar coming right at your forehead is a game saver. Using that burst to avoid a charging rhino who stupidly smashes through the guardrail behind you both saves yourself and injures him. So you do need that boost in main event matches like these.

I won't admit to being afraid of you, Jimmy, because that's not the case. I don't fear you at all.

No, what keeps me up at night is the lucky break. I've seen it before, jeopardizing everything I've worked for. Something distracts me, someone unintentionally gets involved, and all my dreams take a tumble in reality. There's nobody who can protect against an unlucky coin flip going their opponent's way. It's the one attribute I hate more than any other, because I don't think anyone can look at the career I've had to this point and call it "lucky". I've battled upwards through every organization I've been in, fighting against all the stereotypes against my background.

The truth is, luck COULD play a factor in our match, Jimmy. But I'm doing everything I can to mitigate its value in our contest. I'm planning out a myriad of strategies with Chris Page and Jonathan Barrows. I'm constructing solutions to tricks that could come from any direction, making sure I have a plot in my back pocket to anticipate and benefit from those surprising interactions. You see, I haven't just made it here on pure skill. I'm one of the craftiest wrestlers in the world today. I will know 100 different ways to victory at Fire & Ice, Jimmy.

One hundred ways to beat you. At least.

Are you going to be that prepared? Or are you walking in the arena that day saying "I hit him with my big move and I win"? Because sure, that's one possible scenario... the most likely one that I'll be ready for you to try. Hell, a dozen of my strategies are going to be based on you trying your Nail Driver.

I'm going to be ready for you, Jimmy. Are you? Or is that beer in your hand just too tempting to bother to plan?

~The frantic group of adventurers races across the open field, headed towards some more trees. All around them, screams and shrieks can be heard.~

Merry Greyjoy: They're gaining on us!!

Pippen Baratheon: How?? They're dead, how can they plan anything??

Samwise Tarly: The Night King! He must be close!!

Peter Vaughn: Son of a... isn't it too early for him? We're still in the first books!

Samwise Tarly: What??

Peter Vaughn: Nevermind, keep running!

~As they make it near the woodland entrance, two mounted Nazguls come out, kicking their horses to propel them forward. Merry & Pippen stop with fright, but Vaughn dashes right past them, cutting both horses down with one swipe of his broadsword!! The horses fall, with the Nazgul trying to recover, only to be cut down by Vaughn, at least for the moment. He turns to the other three, who looked shocked, and smiles.~

Peter Vaughn: Just call me King of the North. Or at least King of the XWF.

~He charges forward, with the rest at his heels. They continue through the forest, with Merry directing them to the southwest. Suddenly, they come out of the grove and see a bridge crossing ahead. They dash forward, but the White-WItches and Nazgul are right behind them.~

Pippen Baratheon: We're not gonna make it!

Peter Vaughn: Fuck that, George R.R. doesn't win here today! Keep running!!

~Vaughn turns back, ready to fight, but a mighty roar fills the air. He looks up, doing a double-take at the monster swooping in from above. Immediately, Vaughn turns and races after the rest... as a powerful dragon unleashes a blast of fire & flame onto the left side of the bridge!! The inferno consumes those who made it to the bridge, and continues forward in a relentless stream. The bridge, unable to take the immense heat that just hit one side, begins to buckle. Vaughn, the last man in the group, barely leaps forward, saving himself, as the bridge collapses. He gets to his feet, breathing heavily, as he looks back at the dragon assault going on.~

Peter Vaughn: What's going on??

Samwise Tarly: That must be Daenerys Bombadil!!

Merry Greyjoy: And her dragon, Smaug The Magnificent!!

Peter Vaughn: You've gotta be kidding me...

~The assault continues, as Daenerys is on a one-woman crusade against the Nazgul. Sam nervously clears his throat.~

Samwise Tarly: We should probably get out of here. She's not known for being too specific on who she blasts.

Peter Vaughn: I noticed. Reminds me of a guy I'm going to be fighting soon.

Merry Greyjoy: Someone from the valley?

Peter Vaughn: Nope, big oaf named Jim Caedus. He doesn't much care who gets hurt around him, either, as long as he and his friends win.

Pippen Baratheon: Sounds like a real loser.

Peter Vaughn: Yeah, well, enough about him. Let's get to the Crossing.

Merry Greyjoy: We're about there. Warden Frey is going to be pissed about the bridge, though.

Peter Vaughn: Can't blame it on us. We don't have a dragon. It really sucks, though, that we didn't have anyone here able to say "You Shall Not Pass". Hmmm, maybe later...

~The group marches on, tired but exceedingly grateful to be alive. Vaughn can't help but wonder, though: if this is supposed to be an individual test of his skills and abilities, why save him the way the program did? Sure, dragon ex machina could be a Tolkien move, but still... ~

~After a minor cut, we find ourselves inside the castle at The Crossing. It's rather older-looking than other castles in the area, needing more work, but it's still a powerful position in the land as it marks the path to the next section of the world. We see Vaughn and his companions standing in front of Frey, bowing to him. Vaughn is obviously irked, but knowing who Frey is, Vaughn is still playing it carefully.~

Walden Frey: Raise up, Snow, all of you. You are now my guests. I wish to know more about what brings you to my Crossing.

Pippen Baratheon: Oh, well, we're just helping...

Peter Vaughn: It is a quest given to us by House Baggins, my Lord. It is a mission of utmost importance, against our enemies to the south.

Walden Frey: I have received word via raven about the death of Bilbo Baggins. It is a tragedy, is it not?

Samwise Tarly: Completely, sir.

~Frey considers them all for a moment, taking in their appearance as well as what he's heard about their adventure in getting here. He coughs deeply into a handkerchief, then turns back.~

Walden Frey: So be it. I will give you horses, gear, and provisions to help you on your journey.

Peter Vaughn: That is... most generous, my Lord.

Walden Frey: You will also have the benefit of my son at your side. Boromir Eddard Frey, Come forth!

~A tall warrior steps out of the crowd, flicking back his brown hair in glorious fashion. In this case, it's not that surprising that Boromir looks exactly like Sean Bean, considering he was in both franchises. Of course, he also died in both series, leaving a doubtful Vaughn to nonetheless show gratitude.~

Peter Vaughn: Thank you, my Lord. We accept any help offered to us.

Walden Frey: I only ask one thing in return. You, Pippen Baratheon, and you, Merry Greyjoy: you will both return after your adventure to each marry one of my daughters.

~Frey waves his arm behind him at the group behind him, showing several women standing there. Not very many could be called beautiful... but then, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Merry & Pippen both swallow at the same time, but Vaughn doesn't let them say anything.~

Peter Vaughn: We accept your terms, my Lord. We will need to leave within the day, once we have rested up. This mission is too important to wait.

Walden Frey: So be it. Everything will be ready for you.

~Vaughn nods in respect, and the group moves out under Frey's calculating gaze. They head down the street, with Merry and Pippen already arguing over which woman each will get. Boromir, riding next to them, seems to find it humorous. Vaughn is quiet, however, scoping out the street. They head into a nearby inn to get some rest, even as eyes can be seen watching them from the shadows.~

It's all about knowing your enemies.

I've been studying you for months, Jimmy. I've seen how you react when a friend is in trouble, and I've seen how you respond when you're furious. I've tested you again and again, knowing that every bit of data was going to be handy to me at Fire & Ice. My team is going to be so pleased when my representation gets them the victory overall at the pay-per-view. Thunder Knuckles will have to take note that I helped him get the points, that's for sure.

I can't say I know you better than your family, Jimmy, but I definitely think I know you just as well as your friends. You have a very simple philosophy that guides you: if I get hit, I hit back harder. I'm not denying that it's a sound strategy. You can do a lot of damage that way. But it also opens you up to that opening salvo. If I hit you hard enough and long enough, it won't matter how strong your response is. If I can keep you off-guard, off your game, pissed off and not thinking, this one's all mine.

I know you, Jimmy. I know you damn well.

Personally, I've known people like you all my life. I've never been much of a fan of the brawlers who don't spend much time thinking things through. It never seemed to be a good way to go through life. But maybe that's part of your talent. You never think about the catastrophes you're leaving yourself open for, and thus you don't stop for them. But all I need is one opening, Jimmy-Boy. One opening where you're looking the wrong direction, having not seen what's coming at you.

One opening that wins me the championship.

It's hard to wait at this point, knowing that the match is getting closer and closer. Oooh, Jimmy-Boy, is it going to be a war.

If I know you, you're barely sleeping at night, thinking about what's to come. What about you, Jimmy? You think you know me? You think you've got a good feel of what drives me and what makes me who I am?

You don't know shit.

But you're going to get another lesson. And it's going to be excruciating.

~An individual is seen, slowly making their way down a darkened corridor. They appear to have a blade in their hand, ready for use. The sounds of snoring can be heard in the nearby room, so the figure moves up to the door. They slowly push the door open, completely silent as they enter the bedding area of the travelers. As the person steps forward, however, the blade of a broadsword appears, stopping just before their neck. The figure stops, stunned, as Peter Vaughn steps out from the side of the door, yanking down the person's hood. A long-haired woman is underneath, glaring at Vaughn,~

Peter Vaughn: We didn't get to meet at the bar. My name is P... my name is Frodo Snow. And you are?

Woman: Do what you will. But don't expect it to be easy.

~The woman suddenly slides backwards with a flick of her heels, jumping away from the sword. She does a back flip, landing out of range of Vaughn's swing, but he hasn't moved. He's still guarding the doorway, as the rest of the fellowship begins to leap up, grabbing for weapons.~

Samwise Tarly: Who is it? Nazgul?? Wildings??

Pippen Baratheon: Door-to-door knife saleswomen?

Boromir Frey: Wait, hold your sword, Lord Snow! Strider, is that you?

~The woman's eyes land on Boromir, looking surprised.~

Strider: Boromir? Why are you here? Who are these men?

Boromir Frey: Apparently men on a mission for the North, and I've been assigned to help them. They are not spies, Arya.

~After a few tense moments, the woman puts her blade away, with Vaughn relaxing as well.~

Arya Stark: My name is Arya Stark, but most know me as Strider. You are on a mission to go south?

Peter Vaughn: That's right.

Arya Stark: Then I will travel with you. I have business of my own in the south.

~Vaughn sizes her up for a moment, knowing that he likely can't stop her from coming along. Really, he doesn't want to stop her, given her two names.~

Peter Vaughn: We will accept your company, Strider.

Samwise Tarly: Hold on, Mr. Frodo! She was just coming into our room to murder us!!

Arya Stark: Not murder, just to find out more information on some mysterious guests. But some people... are quick to draw their blades, so I like to be prepared. I have another man who travels with me. He's very intelligent, and could come in handy.

Peter Vaughn: The more the merrier.

Arya Stark: Then I shall see you outside the inn in, maybe, one hour?

Peter Vaughn: We'll be ready.

~Strider nods and walks off, having apparently gotten everything she wanted out of the exchange. Vaughn smirks, then turns back to Sam, who still looks unconvinced.~

Samwise Tarly: I don't know if we can trust her. She's a killer.

Peter Vaughn: Aren't we all?

~Vaughn shuts the door in order for everyone to get themselves prepared for travelling. After another quick cut, we find ourselves outside the inn. The horses from Walden Frey have arrived, and are thankfully respectable. The men divide the horses and the gear, getting themselves mounted as Arya Stark rides up with her companion, a dwarf who has a custom-built saddle to allow him to ride.~

Arya Stark: May I introduce my companion, Tyrion Gimli. He may not look like much, but he can be handy with strategy.

~Tyiron nods to them, looking suspicious but keeping it all to himself. He pops open a canteen on his side and takes a long drink. Vaughn looks over the group that's been formed for this mission.~

Peter Vaughn: Hmmm. No bowman elf. Interesting. We'll have to see if that's a problem or not. As for the rest of you, thank you all for continuing this quest for me. We ride for Casterly Rock!! Onward to glory!!

~The group turns and starts out of the village. They pass by the castle, where Walden Frey can be watching their departure with a deep smile. They ride past, saluting before heading on their way. Both Merry and Pippen look a little down at what will happen when they return to this land, but Vaughn isn't concerned.~

Peter Vaughn: No fucking way there's going to be a Red Wedding on my watch.

~Suddenly, behind them, there are the sounds of explosions, possibly going off at the castle. It almost sounds like magical fireworks of some kind, but who really knows for sure? Boromir looks back, but Vaughn shakes his head.~

Peter Vaughn: Don't worry about it, Boromir. Everything's fine.

~They continue to ride, as smoke can be seen drifting upwards behind them. We fade away.~

~Suddenly, the screen comes back up, almost like a mid-credits scene (except there are no credits, so just go with it). We see the Head Custodian on a mic, speaking to the Master Cleaner through a laptop computer. They're likely talking this way due to Vaughn currently being on the AmuSphere.~

Head Custodian: The only good news I have currently is that Mr. Vaughn is not dead yet. I can't see what he's going through, but I can tell there has been some trauma.

Master Cleaner: I can only monitor a little more than you can. From what I see, he has acquitted himself well so far, but the odds are most definitely against him succeeded. The program is going to begin ramping up its battles the closer he gets to his destination, testing him in every way possible. And by adding three novels into the system, he has tripled the dangers he will face.

~The head custodian looks puzzled for a moment.~

Head Custodian: I'm sorry, Master Cleaner, but I think I heard you incorrectly. Didn't Mr. Vaughn touch two novels going in?

Master Cleaner: This is what I thought at first. But as you can see... I was mistaken...

~The Master Cleaner steps to the side, showing the head custodian the bookshelf behind him. We can clearly see Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones both lit up in their respective positions. But next to Game of Thrones, a third book's glow can be seen. The camera slowly zooms in, showing the author's name on the book: Mary Shelley.~

~At that moment, we cut away back to the virtual world, to a cliff side somewhere ahead of our protagonists' path. A cave is located in front of us, a likely location for an underground adventure. From inside, we can hear a dark voice, echoing out.~

Voice: My.... my...

~Heavy footsteps are heard, almost shaking the ground as something approaches from the back of the cave. Birds and other creatures can be seen fleeing the scene, wanting no part of what's coming out. The figure, standing massively tall, begins to come out of the shadows.~

Voice: My.... PRECIOUS....

~The behemoth stomps out of the cave, looking forward, as if sensing what it's looking for. It begins to walk forward, its footsteps breaking the ground in front of it, as it heads in search of its foe. We fade out.~

[Image: mechanicposter.jpg]

CWF Paramount Champion
GCWA Hardcore Champion
Outsiders Champion (x3)
OCW Craze Champion
OCW World Champion
TPW International Champion (First-Ever) (x2)
PW Valor World Heavyweight Champion
XWF Universal Champion
Level Up Game Genie Winner
XWF Supercontinental Champion
WGWF West Coast Rumble Winner
WGWF World Heavyweight Champion
SCW (Sin City) Roulette Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 11 users Like Peter Vaughn's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (01-19-2022), "Venom" Xavier Lux (01-20-2022), (Gravy_Xtreme_5000) (01-22-2022), Doctor Louis D'Ville (01-19-2022), JimCaedus (01-20-2022), Mark Flynn (01-18-2022), Raion Kido (01-20-2022), Robert "The Omega" Main (01-20-2022), The Chameleon (01-23-2022), Theo Pryce (01-18-2022), Thunder Knuckles™ (01-18-2022)