Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:02 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
LUX RUN OUT
The Blue Tango Offline
HERO

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

01-14-2022, 11:50 PM

My brain was scrambled. My head pounded. My world was upside down.

The Blue Tango’s cape draped down across the back of his head and to the floor. He blinked a few times and scanned the room. It was dark, with only a single light above him that shined down lighting just a small circle around him. He hung by his feet that were wrapped in a chain that suspended from the ceiling. Putting two and two together, he realized where he was, and knew hanging upside down in an abandoned warehouse was most definitely not a good thing…. It appeared the Tango’s luck had finally run out.

I felt like I was hit by a bus, or maybe a truck… Any large vehicle, really, and had no recollection of how I ended up where I did…. That is, until I smelled it.

Tango’s nose shriveled up and the stench of cigarette smoke made him weez… From behind him he heard footsteps echoing throughout the room and a quiet, familiar chuckle.

“Meh, heh, heh— *COUGH!!!* *HAKKK!!!* –eh, heh, hehhhhh…”

[Image: ihylI93.png]

I would recognize that wheezing laugh from anywhere…

“What’s the meaning of this, Smoker?”

“Myah, huh, huh! *GAG!!!*”

There must be a highway nearby, above the building it seemed like, and everytime a vehicle passed, it gave the building a shake with each thud. The light above him danced back and forth each time, too, revealing just a bit more into the darkness unknown outside of the small perimeter of light in which he was bound in. With a couple of fingers on one of Tango’s arms, Smoker gently spins him around until they’re face to face. After taking a long drag from a cigarette, Tango holds his breath as Smoker blows a cloud directly at him.

“Care for a cigarette *COUGH!!!*, Tango?!”

Smoker reaches into his pockets and pulls out at least five open packs of the same brand of cigarette and holds them out.

“You know I don’t smoke, Smoker! Why do you have so many open packs? That’s just dumb.”

“You’re dumb!!!!”

Smoker gets an inch away and snaps at Tango as he stuffs the packs back into his pockets. Tango uses his bound hands to wave away the sour stench as Smoker scowls at him, but that quickly fades back into his infamous, near-constantly worn grin.

“What are you up to this time? Smoking in any hospital waiting rooms lately?”

“Oh yes! Indeed I have! In the…. CANCER WARD! MUHAHA— *COUGH!! *COUGH!!!!* HAHAHA!!”

“You’re a monster….”

Hero’s don’t cry.

“I COULD– *HACK!!!* *COUGH!!!* –share my plans with you, Tango… I mean… It’s not like you’re going to be around to stop me, anyway…”

“You smoke AND talk too much, Smoker! Get on with it!”

“Silence!”

Smoker puts out one then lights up another. He prances off into the darkness, but continues talking.

“I’ve been thinking about this one *COUGH!!!* for a while, Tango. I just sat back, watched, and waited for the perfect *HACK!!!* *GAG!!!* opportunity to pull off the biggest smoking gig ever…”

From the darkness he reemerges pushing a wheelbarrow filled to the top with TNT!!! He pulls out a long fuse, lays it out across the floor, and places the end directly under Tango.

“Smoking being banned– *COUGH!!!* –everywhere is super lame and is an infringement to my rights as a smoker. I shouldn’t– *WHEEEEEZ!!!* –have to step outside of a bar or restaurant. I shouldn’t have– *COUGH!!* –to put one out to go in and pay for gas. And I most certainly shouldn’t have to *COUGH!!!* *COUGH!!!* *COUGH!!!* *COUGH!!!*

“Smoke another one!”

“I AM!!! And whether you like it or not, Tango, YOU WILL, TOO!!”

“No!! You can’t make me!”

Smoker disappears into the darkness again and comes back out carrying a gas can and starts pouring it out around where Tango is strung up.

“Are you crazy?! You’ll kill us both, Smoker! Put that cigarette out if you’re messing with gas!”

“Muaha– *GAG!!!* Hahaa!!”

Smoker drops the can and pulls out a cigarette and shoves it into Tango’s mouth then lights it. Tango gags and coughs and tries spitting it out, but it’s caught by Smoker as soon as he does.

“Ah! Ah! Ah! Careful!! You don’t want to light this place up do ya?!”

“I don’t know what game you’re playing, Smoker! There's no smoking policies enforced everywhere! There's nothing you can do to make anyone change their mind! Plus, smoking is just gross!”

“It’s simple, Tango! First, *COUGH!!!* I’ll hit the schools. Then the playgrounds. Then the arcades… I’ll smoke *GAG!!* at them all! I’ll smoke until the children there get a taste for it… Then… I’ll wait. *COUGH!!!* *COUGH!!!* It won’t be long until they get curious of the sensual flavors and they too partake!! I’ll pass them out like candy and create an entire generation of smokers!!!”

“You’re crazy! That would never work! Besides, kids like to vape these days. Your methods of madness are outdated! Your old news, Smoker!”

“LIES!!!!! Smoking has been proven to be way cooler than vaping! Can you picture James Dean vaping?!”

“Who?”

“You’ve always been a square, Tango… *COUGH!!!* A square in a circle hole. Never. Fitting. In. Well….”

Smoker takes a small handful of cigarettes from his pack and shoves them into the Blue Tango’s mouth… Then lights them all. Tango stirs and sways back and forth, coughing and hacking in a spasm!!

“Now you’re a smoker!! Just like me!! And soon…. The world!!!! Soon enough, the smokers will outnumber *COUGH!!* the non-smokers. Businesses will be run by smokers so they will lift their smoking bans. Then, smokers will be elected into *COUGH!!!* offices and ALL PUBLIC SMOKING BANS WILL BE ABOLISHED!!!”

Tango mumbles through the half dozen some cigarettes in his mouth.

“It will never work! The world… It’s stronger now. It’s smarter! They’ve already witnessed how clean and beautiful the world can be. They won’t let you pollute it with your dirty, nasty habits!”

“Time will tell, won’t it, *COUGH!!* Tango?!”

Tango breathes heavily, trying to get as much actual oxygen as he can through the smoke stack protruding from his mouth. Tears well up in his eyes causing his vision to blur.

“I’m sure you’re curious about my plans with you then, hm?”

Tango remains silent… Saving his breath.

“As you can see, I have placed a fuse just below you on the ground that leads to this wheelbarrow. This wheelbarrow is piled high with TNT! You don’t have a choice but to smoke all of those cigarettes down to nothing, otherwise… if you drop one… It will ignite the fuse and kaboom!!”

“You fool! If I smoke the whole cigarette down to the butt, it will burn my lips and I’ll be forced to drop them!!!”

“Oh? Hmmmm… Well, it appears…. You’re luck’s run out, Tango!! Muahaha— *COUGH!!!* –Huhu!!-- *COUGH!!* *COUGH!!* –Haha!!”

“None of this makes any sense, Smoker… You’re delusional! That nicotine is rotting your brain!”

Smoker takes a long drag from his cigarette and savors it.

“You know, it’s almost a shame that you won’t be around to see it, Tango… *COUGH!!!* But, as you hang out here… Huhuhuhu! Before you turn to ash… You’ll get a taste of the world I’m creating… And there’s nothing YOU or ANYone can do to stop me!!! *HACK!!!* *WHEEEEZE!!!!*”

Smoker disappears again into the darkness and Tango can hear a door slam accompanied with the wheezy laughter from his nemesis. Tango continued to sway back and forth, inhaling the toxic smoke with every breath. He looks around for a possible way out, a way to escape this nonsense. He looks at the zip ties that bind his wrists together and gets an idea.

Tango is always one and half steps ahead and so was his alter-ego, Calypso. As planned his escape, he thought of what was to come in the next few days… He had a fight, nothing like the one he has ahead of him here, but different!

I’ve gotta get outta here…. This ‘World’ that Smoker is talking about doesn’t sound fun at all… Kind of like the world that my opponent for Savage seems to have in store for everyone… I’m just sayin, judging by what the guy had to say in his debut here in the XWF, it sounds boring as all heck!

‘His’ world? Boy, oh, boy! If this guy thinks he’s the first one to walk into the WORLD OF XTREME and try to change it into something just for him, he’s crazier than that smoke tooting idiot that just left me for dead! Many dudes have tried the same thing and have been shut down almost immediately. If one thing is certain here in the XWF, it’s that it’s the XWF and will always be the XWF. There isn’t a movement out there that could change that. And if he thinks anyone is going to be adapting or changing to him? He’s nuttier than a jar of peanut butter. The crunchy kind, bay bay. What Lux is going to find out is that HE is the one that is going to change for this place.

Granted, he keeps decent company, I guess. He’s a little overshadowed by all of his friends, Peter Vaughn, for example, but hey, he seems like the type of guy that leeches on real talent to look half decent in a place filled with talented talents that surpass anything that he is talented at. His little backstory told us enough, right? Talking about all these little ‘independent’ places that he got spit out from to see if he can handle ‘today’s wrestling’.... Wouldn’t that be the same thing as seeing if you still got it? Now wait a minute. I see what he’s saying. If he still ‘had it’, that wouldn’t be any good because ‘today’s wrestling’ is apparently different from whatever decade he rolled out of. Yeah. I get it.

I had to laugh, though… Didn't anyone tell this guy about Robert Main? About him not being washed up but actually being revealed as the hoax that he's always been? I know a lot of people that have defeated Robert Main… AND WITH EASE!!! The guy everyone hates and he shares that mutually with everyone back, Ol' Thunder Knuckles is the most recent to send the Omega back into semi-retirement because there's a guy who definitely can't keep up in 'today's wrestling'. Sorry to keep quoting that but I think it's a silly thing to say. I get that the sport has evolved and all but minus upgrading punches, kicks, elbows, and standard slams of the 80's to some of that flippy stuff of the 90's, I don't really understand what's changed in the last 20 or so years. How long does this guy's career date back to?

Whatevs. It doesn't matter anyway, because like I said, no place on the planet, including…. No! ESPECIALLY those single-city, small town promotions he hails from come close to comparing with this one. Everything accomplished prior to his start date in the XWF on Christmas day means diddly! Even beating Robert Main outside of here because lord only knows that Main probably cried about some kind of home field advantage that he was victim to… Any title Lux might have won? Same dealy. One, no one cares where you came, what accolades you bring to the table, or titles you might have held. When you come to the XWF, you come onto a completely different level of competition and work that it takes to mean anything! Take it from the former 8-time XWF Federweight and former TV Champ! Calypso knows what it takes to bring the ratings! He knows what it takes to meet the requirements of being a member of this roster! What Lux needs to ask himself is not, 'Can I handle "today's wrestling?"... because I'm sure he's capable. What he should ask himself is, "Can I handle the XWF?!"

It's a different world here, dudes, and I've seen plenty of recognized talents waltz in here with their heads held high only to be knocked down in the mud and never get up. And I'm totally cool being the guy to give him his first taste of that dirt because from this view... It looks like Robert Main suffered one of his oopsie's like we here at the XWF have had the pleasure of witnessing more than once.... And when it's all said and done, yall never forget the name.... Calypsoooooooo!!!!

Tango wheezed through the bundle of cigarettes in his mouth, then began to puff away at them… getting the cherry hot and pulled his bound hands in close to burn through the zip tie to freedom.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 9 users Like The Blue Tango's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (01-15-2022), "Venom" Xavier Lux (01-17-2022), (Gravy_Xtreme_5000) (01-15-2022), Corey Smith (01-15-2022), Doctor Louis D'Ville (01-15-2022), JimCaedus (01-15-2022), Theo Pryce (01-15-2022), Thunder Knuckles™ (01-15-2022), Unknown Soldier (01-15-2022)