Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 08:47 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Nice For What?
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

12-10-2021, 08:18 PM

"Yeah, can I get one iced coffee, one hot toasted vanilla latte, and uh…"

December may be the holiday season, but for Centurion, it is the most busy time of the year. Between the XWF, UGWC, Fight!, and Level Up, Centurion is scheduled to participate in eight wrestling shows before the New Year. His time at home is limited, so he expected to just be able to sit back and relax before his busy schedule really takes place.

But when you're dating the Banana Lime Blur, you must always be prepared for the unexpected...like a moose in your kitchen.

We open up in Chicago, Illinois. Ruby had just surprised Centurion with a festive makeover of his apartment, which includes a homeless Santa, several live in elves, a giant Christmas tree, and a moose. The Santa and the elves are gone, but the moose can't just walk itself home - and so Ruby and Centurion have to do it.

Centurion is standing inside a Dunkin' Donuts, ordering drinks, while Ruby stands outside by the door. Centurion continues to survey the menu board as he places his order to the girl behind the counter.

"The Dunkachinos are still a thing?" Centurion asks. "I think we'll take a Dunkachino, too."

"Alright, that will be…" The girl behind the counter pressed a few buttons and goes to give Centurion his total, but before she can, the sound of something tapping on the window of the building cuts her off. She looks up from the register, and her mouth drops in surprise. "What in the world…?"

Centurion turns around and sees what she sees - the moose, previously housed within his kitchen, now pushing his nose up against the glass, with his antlers tapping against the window. The rest of the building - workers and patrons alike - stop what they're doing to take a look at the majestic creature.

"Oh yeah, that's Rudolph." Centurion says way too casually for someone who was just referring to a moose in the middle of the Windy City. Centurion pulls out his wallet and begins looking for some cash. "How much do I owe ya?"

"Where did he come from?!" The employee asks, completely checked out from Centurion and the transaction taking place.

"Canada, originally." Centurion again calmly answers as someone who doesn't understand how absurd the situation is. "But he lives in the Chicago Zoo now."

Centurion pulls out some bills and goes to pay for his order, but the girl behind the counter, as well as everyone else, has started to file out of the store, gawking at the moose. Centurion sighs as he follows them out.

Ruby, meanwhile, couldn't be any more pleased as bystanders approach the two of them. She pats on the side of Randolph's head and rubs it as the crowd begins to gather. The moose snorts at the crowd before putting his head down and allowing himself to be petted by the audience.

"Look, Rudolph!" Ruby says in excitement. "You have admirers! Don't bite anyone's hand off now!"

The crowd immediately pulls their hands away and takes a step back from the moose.

"That thing is massive!" The cashier exclaims in excitement. "How did you get it out of the zoo?"

"Easy!" Ruby responds. "Rudolph loves radishes, so I just got a bunch of radishes and led him out. He's actually very friendly, and he listens very well."

"No." The cashier stops Ruby and explains. "I mean, isn't taking a live moose out of the zoo and walking him through downtown Chicago like, INCREDIBLY illegal?"

Ruby's eyes widen as she looks up at Centurion. Centurion, for his part, doesn't say anything, and just let's Ruby stand there, holding the reigns of the moose. She glances back at the moose and points at him.

"You didn't tell me it was illegal!" Ruby says, angrily.

"I'm sure it's fine." Centurion responds in a calm voice. "It's not like she was being discreet about it. If there was a real issue with it someone from the Zoo or the CPD would have stopped her. I mean...she was walking a moose through the city. Pretty sure people noticed. She probably would have been arrested the first time."

"I wouldn't say that too soon." A male voice cackles out from behind Centurion. Everyone turns and spots and on duty police officer with a notebook and a pen out. "If you don't mind, I have a few questions."

"THE PD!" Ruby screams out. "They must not know my true identity! Come Rudolph! We must ride!"

In one quick swoop, Ruby jumps onto the moose, and the two take off down the street, leaving a trail of confused onlookers in their wake. The police officer walks up to Centurion and stands next to him.

"Was that Ruby?" The officer asked casually. "I love her cereal."

------Gotta hit the club, gotta make that ass jump------

We reopen, this time on an empty stage. The room is silent and dark, with the exception of a spotlight on Centurion. He immediately begins clapping, which echoes throughout the room.

"Well done! Badass Betsy Granger has entered the building, and she is leaving it all on the floor!

I have to say, I'm proud of you, Betsy. I have to be honest, I DID kind of expect an ass kissing session from you. Either that, or another one of your "woe is me" performances, but in fact, you brought the fire. You tore me and Marf to shreds, and you gave a show like your coming to rip our heads off.
"

Centurion reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out a pack of Dejarum Blacks. He puts one of the cigarettes in his mouth and pulls out a Zippo lighter.

"It's too bad it's all bullshit."

Centurion lights the cigarette and closes the Zippo before sliding both it and the pack of cigarettes back into his jacket pocket.

"You really expect me to believe your coming into this match with all of this hype and bravado? Please, Betsy, don't take me as a fool. I've known you for quite a while now, and I know how your mood swings...and I know how desperately you try to hide it in order to avoid showing a weakness. You're scared Betsy. You're scared that your spot in this company is slipping, and that all that momentum that made you one of the most talked about wrestlers in the world is evaporating. Hell, you're silently wondering if it might be better to just do Fight! NYC full time and leave the XWF behind. At least there you have New Status Quo to look after you, and every loss you take, you can chalk it up to either great competition, or the fact that everybody in that federation is trying to destroy you.

In the XWF? You don't have any of that. All you have to lean on is your talent, and you're not so sure you have that in you anymore.
"

Centurion takes a hit of his cigarette before blowing the smoke out and continuing.

"You're feeling a tidal wave of emotions right now, Betsy. Scared. Angry. Depressed. All of them are valid, and if you were honest about yourself and said any of these, I would respect you a lot more, and I would not think of you any less. But you decided to lie - I don't know if it's to me, or to the audience, or to yourself - but you lied, and you made it seem like you're brimming with confidence, and that sure as hell isn't true.

Trust me, no one who thinks they are great and on track to become a Universal Champion reaches out to Chris Page for help. Chris Page is a desperation play. He's who you call when you feel like the world is crumbling down around you. He's the Hail Mary, because you know you're likely to get good press and book some high profile matches, but eventually, he'll see you as nothing more than a commodity that's losing its value, and he will cause your career to go crashing off the rails. If you're someone who thinks you can get to the top on your own, you give CCP the finger and be on your way, but if you think that ship has sailed, you meet with him in a private room at the Velvet Rabbit, talking about how the rest of the wrestling world sucks as you stuff dollars into a dancer's underwear.

But at least you tip. Those gals work hard for their money, so they should be paid as such.

What's sad is, it's all in your head. The only person keeping you from being the best in the industry is you. The talent is there, but you second guess every decision you make, and that is what keeps you from conquering your demons. But I still think you can do it, Betsy. All the insulting words in the world won't stop me from saying the truth, and that is I still see you as becoming a Universal Champion someday, if you can ever get out of your own way and make the right decisions for yourself.

Which is more than I can say for Marf.
"

Centurion takes another hit of his cigarette and exhales the smoke out before continuing.

"What we see in Betsy is a talented superstar who is preventing herself from being great. What we're seeing in Marf is the last gasp of what was once a promising career that is now on its last legs.

You know how I know Marf is washed? He had every opportunity to trash talk me and the direction of my career. And there are plenty of things he could have said. Hell, he could have even made something up - that's usually what Thunder Knuckles does, and he seems to do well for himself. But what did Marf do?

He spent five minutes talking about our previous match, how much it didn't matter...and that's it. Oh, he did throw in an old "you're so boring I fell asleep" jab, just because that's required in this day and age, but that's it.

Hey Marf, guess what...wasn't even going to mention that match where you and Atara both tapped out at the same time and made me look like a fucking god in the process. It was so long ago that I put it out of my mind…but apparently it still greatly affects you.

Yes, Marfy Warfy, if it makes you feel better, that match "didn't count." I mean, you did totally tap out and it is totally in my record book, but since you're clearly still broken up over it, I'll tell everyone it doesn't count…

...which is fucking weird, because I have to say that match DOESN'T count, even though it was a straight up wrestling match with a clear winner, while also saying that a match that took place on a Disney ride and Betsy won simply by staying on the damn thing DOES count. Do wins only count if they're against me, and losses don't count when they're against me? Is that how this shit works around here?

If that's the case, then there are 186 matches and 28 title reigns that need to be scrubbed from the record.

Face it - both of you are saying whatever you can in order to avoid saying what you truly feel, which is simply that you're impressed with what I've been able to string together. Neither of you know how someone my age, who seemingly had my career dead to rights on numerous occasions, can not only keep wrestling, but keep winning title matches and keep being a hot product in this business. I'm not surviving - I'm THRIVING - and that confuses the hell out of both of you, AND everyone else in the back.

You both should be where I am. You both should be holding gold and headlining shows, but you're not, so I have to do it. Other folks my age may step away and hand you the torch. You're going to have to take it from my cold, dead hands, and both of you know that isn't possible.
"

Centurion takes another hit of his cigarette before exhaling. He takes what's left of the cigarette and tosses it onto the stage, crushing it out with his shoe before looking back up into the camera.

"Betsy. Marf. There is no shame in admitting your back is against the wall. You both understand that this is a make or break match for you. You lose this one, and suddenly everyone's going to question your place in this federation. What's the easiest way to avoid that? It's simply by not losing...which is what you're fighting for.

Not a victory, by the way. No, that ship sailed. Neither of you are winning this match. What you're fighting to be is the one who isn't pinned or submitted. At least in that scenario, you have excuses. You can tell everyone that you would have won a one on one match. It buys you time. But if you're the one who ends up looking at the lights?

Well, then that's just game over, good night, and enjoy the rest of the evening.

So, which of you will it be? At this point, I don't really care. The end result remains the same. I am walking out of there with my arm in the air, and the two of you will be staring at each other, wondering what you're going to do, now that you've met your…

FINAL FANTASY!!!

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-95-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Centurion's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (12-11-2021), Latina Submission Machina (12-10-2021), Marf (12-10-2021), Ruby (12-10-2021), Theo Pryce (12-11-2021)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Centurion's post!
Thunder Knuckles™ (12-11-2021)