Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 09:09 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Bad Medicine 2021
Maui - Redux: RP #1
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

11-19-2021, 06:53 PM

Maui || Hawaiian Islands || 11:37 AM

With Warfare in New Orleans in the books and another victory notched on the scoreboard for yours truly with Corey Smith and the Supercontinental title on deck, I thought it was good to take a little detour from the norm. Typically speaking, I go on vacation for a week after nearly every XWF pay per view and this one will be no different. However, with the current goings on in Thad Land, I thought a pre-Bad Medicine vacation was in order.

Reason being, Frankie. Numero uno, always. His health, his life, his well-being, mentally or physically, is always my number one priority and this is no different. Recently, I learned that Frankie’s birth father stands a good chance of being let out of prison… and that’s a threat. I need the chance to talk to Frankie, to see where his head is at pertaining to his natural father. It’s a really delicate subject, so pulling him aside and saying ‘hey Frank, your dad might get out of prison’ just isn’t in the cards.

Of course, while he is and always will be my top priority, getting the chance to let him and Adi bond a little is certainly an added bonus. Moreover, getting to stare at her in nothing but a bikini for a few days really is worth the price of admission, so to speak.

Though the last time I was in Maui, I was still with Elizabeth. I wasn’t yet aware that she was pregnant with T.J. and Caty. I was reeling and saddled with a lot of guilt for having cheated on her.

This trip to Maui… hopefully it’s not like that one.

”How much farther?” Frankie asks of me as we advance up the dirt path through the bushes toward the top of the cliff.

”Not far,” I tell him. The boy walks in front of me. He’s clumsy. One wrong move and he falls down a seemingly never ending hill. While a fall wouldn’t be life threatening, a painful injury just isn’t something I want for him.

”You said that like an hour ago,” he jokes with a sigh.

”We only left the beach five minutes ago,” I remind him with a smile.

”It’s only been five minutes?” he questions, craning his neck to look back at me.

”Eyes front,” I tell him with a light, playful shove. A moment later, we enter a small clearing through the trees at the top of the cliff. Making a short left turn, we stop and stare out over the water. Looking to my left, I can see Adi laying out on the beach under the warm Hawaiian sun.

Taking in the scenery, Frankie takes a seat on the rock surface below us. Following his lead, I sit beside him.

”What a view, huh?”

”Yeah,” I say with a smile, still looking out toward Adi.

Following my eyes for a moment, he backhands my shoulder. ”I didn’t mean Adi!” he says with a laugh.

”What do you think of her?”

”Adi?” he asks, looking up at me for a moment, then out toward her. ”I think she’s nuts… but in a good way.”

”She’s not nuts, she’s eccentric,” I correct him. ”Besides, for a couple of guys seeing shrinks on the regular Bub, I don’t think ‘crazy’ is a term we ought to just throw around.”

[blue]”True,”
he concedes with a laugh. ”She’s good for you I think.”

”Yeah?”

”Different than the way Liz was good for you,” he begins to explain.

”What do you mean?”

”Liz is strong, but you’re stronger,” he explains further. ”I mean, you just flash your eyes… or flex or something stupid and she’s like butter. So, you can mess up and in a few hours it’s like nothing happened.

“With Adi, she keeps you on your toes. When you mess up she makes you learn.”

”That she does,” I agree. ”You’re an observant little shit, aren’t you?” I ask of the boy with a laugh.

”It’s just one service I offer,” he jokes. ”She’s really sweet, but… you know… can you tell her I like the crusts on my sandwiches?”

”I’ll tell her,” I reply with a chuckle. ”She tries hard you know?”

Frankie looks up at me.

”To be motherly, I mean.”

”She doesn’t need to be motherly,” he retorts quickly. ”She whoops my ass in Mario Kart.”

”Buddy we gotta talk about something,” I say to him, changing the subject from something beautiful like Adi, to something horrible like his father.

”What?”

”I...” I stammer. ”I just don’t know how to even begin.”

”The beginning is usually a good place,” he says with a smile. ”No sense in spoiling the ending before telling me the beginning.”

”Yeah,” I agree with an uncomfortable chuckle. ”Robert called me a few days ago,” I begin to explain to him.

”Zane? The lawyer?” he inquires and I give him a little nod.

”He uhhh, he gave me some news about your dad,” I say with just enough of a pause for him to interrupt.

”You are my dad,” he says quickly. He’s just Keith.”

”You know, I never get tired of you referring to me as your dad?”

”Even when I’m being a jerk?” he asks with a coy little smile.

Especially when you’re being a jerk,” I confirm for him. ”There are highs and lows to everything and fatherhood isn’t any different. When you’re being a little shit, there’s no one I trust more to see you through it than myself.”

”Okay so what about Keith?” he redirects.

”Robert told me he’s been appealing his conviction,” I say quietly, looking over at the boy. ”He stands a pretty fair chance of winning his appeal.”

”What’s it mean if he wins?”

”It means he’s awarded a new trial,” I answer him, pausing to let that sink in a little bit. ”If that happens, there’s a chance he wins his re-trial and if he does, he wins his freedom.”

Frankie climbs to his feet in silence. Pacing back and forth for a moment, he breaks his silence. ”That man is a murderer,” he says quietly. ”He killed my mom, Thad.”

”I know he did buddy,” I say calmly, hoping my demeanor rubs off on him, keeping him cool. ”But in the eyes of the law, the evidence against him was circumstantial at best.

“What that means is...”

”I know what it means,” he interrupts quietly, still pacing. ”I watch enough Perry Mason.”

”You watch Perry Mason?” I ask, somewhat shocked. I’ve never watched Perry Mason.”

”He can’t get out of prison Thad,” he says a bit louder and I can feel the wheels coming off of his calm. Climbing to my knees, I stop him from pacing, forcing him to look at me.

”I don’t know if there’s...”

”NO!” he shouts with his face blood red and tears starting to fall from his eyes. ”HE CAN’T GET OUT!” he yells through quiet sobs.

”What do you want me to do?” I ask him. I feel guilty for it. Putting this on the shoulders of an eleven year old boy isn’t ideal. What happens though, if I do something drastic without him knowing and he finds out later on? What happens if that drastic measure isn’t as far as he would have wanted? He’d hate me. I couldn’t live with that.

Frankie breaks down. Leaning forward against me, he pleads his unintelligible pleas through his sobbing. All I want to do, is take it all away from him. To remove Keith Rickle from the equation once and for all but there’s only one way to do that, and that, I think, is a step too far. Even still, when it comes to Frankie, absolutely nothing is off the table.

Wrapping his arms around my neck, his little knees give out beneath him. Holding him up, I just let him cry. I’ve grown extremely tired of him experiencing trauma. Every few months, it’s something else. It’s a vicious, never ending cycle and it’s high time that cycle is broken for good.

”Whatever you want me to do Frankie, I’ll do it,” I whisper in his ear before kissing the side of his head. ”You know me Bub, I will protect you.”

Still holding him as he finishes up his quiet sobbing, he gains his footing and pushes off of me. His eyes red and swollen, he looks at me. ”How’d you win the adoption?”

His question throws me off for a moment and I just look at him in silence.

”The state attorney told me there was no chance you were winning in Judge Lightoller’s courtroom,” he says with a sniffle. ”How’d you win?”

I don’t lie to him. Naturally, as an adult and he a child, there are many things I don’t tell him. Though, if he asks, like now, I will be honest with him.

”You’re the reason I hired Robert Zane,” I begin to explain to him. ”He specializes in corporate law, but to be as successful as he is in New York City, he has to have a ruthlessness about him. I wasn’t leaving the decision in that judges hands when he already proved he had it out for me...”

”That’s not telling me anything,” he interrupts quietly.

”I’m getting there,” I assure him. ”I had Zane dig up dirt on Lightoller. In the courtroom that day, when Zane made a spectacle of it all, it was designed to piss off Lightoller and get us into his chambers. That’s where we confronted him about what we found and threatened to ruin his career.”

”That’s pretty dirty,” he comments.

”It is,” I agree. ”Nothing is ever off the table when it comes to protecting you. Ever.”

I pause for a beat, allowing him to process what he’s learning about me.

”I regret nothing, Frankie. There’s no low I won’t stoop to when it comes to you.”

”What about Talon and Caty?” he asks with tears in his eyes and a sniffle. I’m sure it was just an effort to stall for time as he processes what he’s learning.

”Them too Bud, but this is about you. Not them.”

Without warning, he unexpectedly gives me a light shove and I fall back to my ass. Taking a step forward, he sits in my lap and lays his head against my chest.

”Frankie,” I say quietly while wrapping my right arm around the side of his head in a hug. ”You know how much I love your brother and sister too, but...”

”But what?”

”You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me,” I admit to him while trying to hold back my own emotions. ”I’m way too young to be your dad, but we make it work.

“Before you came along all I did was try to avoid my responsibilities,”
I admit to him and he cranes his neck to look up at me. ”Meeting you, being your buddy, bringing you to live with me, becoming your dad… Frankie, it was you that gave my life meaning. Nothing else matters, compared to you.”

”I make it hard on you,” he thinks aloud.

”No, not ever,” I insist. ”Your circumstances can make things difficult at times, but never you. I knew it’d be a challenge as soon as I set out to adopt you Bud.

“You being my son is the greatest gift that I never deserved. Being your dad... watching you grow… watching and doing what I can to help improve your mental health… loving you… being loved by you… it’s the honor of a lifetime.

“You’re such a special person and you don’t even know it.”

”What can you do?” he asks of me. ”About Keith I mean.”

With a great amount of hesitation, I consider my options. I consider what to tell him, and what not to tell him.

”You know what I’m afraid of?” I ask of him, skirting his question for the moment.

”You’re not afraid of anything,” he replies as he climbs out of my lap and gets back to his feet.

”That’s not true,” I correct him. ”I fear no man, I begin to explain. ”I do fear a great many things.”

”Like what?”

”People hurting you or your brother and sister. What might happen if I ever...”

”Stop,” he insists, holding up his hand. Nothing will happen to you.”

Reality versus naivete.

”You know my life Frankie. You’ve seen it first-hand. Something could happen,” I slap him with some truth. ”So I fear what will happen to you kids, if I’m not here.”

”But nothing...”

”It could,” I insist, doubling down on speaking to him honestly.

”If anything could happen at anytime and it takes you away...” his voice trails off for a moment as reality meets what he’s speaking. ”Then who becomes my dad?”

”Huh?”

”Wouldn’t I need a dad?” he tries to elaborate further, but I’m not any closer to understanding what he means. ”I mean, not an actual dad like you are, but...”

”You would go with your mom,” I answer him, referring to his legal adoptive mother, Liz.

”No,” he cries out in frustration. ”That’s not what I mean.”

Rather than butting in, I just let him think for a moment so that he can clarify on his own.

”Would you not want me to have a father figure in my life?” he asks and now I think I know where he’s going with it.

”I think that’s something worth discussing,” I agree with the boy.

”Like a Godfather,” he suggests. ”Except only sorta because you’re non-religious.”

”I’m not sure if there’s anyone that...”

”Corey,” he interrupts, shutting me down into complete silence. Sensing my trepidation, he elects to explain his thinking. ”I know you guys are fighting right now, but that’s just something brothers do sometimes, Thad.

“Ask yourself this: is there anyone that loves me like you do?”

”There isn’t anyone,” I answer him, agitation very much evident in my tone of voice.

”Okay, but of all the men in your life, who do you think would be most willing to protect me the way you do?”

God dammit.

”Alright, I’mma need you to stop raising good points,” I say to him facetiously, coaxing a chuckle from the emotional 11 year old.

”You might not like it, but it’s Corey, Thad.”

”What did I just say!?” I yell out in faux anger.

”Does it bother you that we’re still buddies?” he asks, referring to he and Corey.

”No,” I answer quickly. ”My problems with him are my problems.

”Does it make you mad that I go hang out with him at the arenas sometimes?”

”No, I just want you telling me where you’re going before you go.”

”So what do you think?” he asks and I look down at him, locking our eyes. ”About asking Corey to...”

”He has his own problems Bud,” I interrupt him.

”So if something happened, you don’t think he’d...”

”Corey loves you Frankie… Everyone loves you,” I interrupt him again. Taking the animosity between Corey and myself out of it, as much of it as I can anyway, I really can’t think of a worse person to step up for Frankie if something did happen to me. ”I’ll think about it.”

Still in my lap, he pretty much just goes entire limp as he again lays against my chest. I know where his mind just went to. Keith Rickle.

”I can’t guarantee his safety, Frankie,” I say to him.

”I know,” he says quietly.

”There’s not much I can guarantee.”

”I know that too,” he says before climbing out of my lap. ”My therapist thinks I need to join some extracurricular activities at school,” he says as he peaks over the edge of the cliff and down at the waters below.

”Okay, what would you like to do?”

”It’s hard, because you’re always busy and...”

”I’ll make the time,” I tell him as I get to my feet. ”I’ll always make time for you, you know that.”

”I think I’d like to try drama,” he says. ”I’ve watched you acting, it looks really fun.”

”It’s a blast,” I tell him with a smile.

”I also want to do ballet.”

”Ballet?” I repeat with a smile. ”Don’t the other kids beat you up enough already?”

”Thaaad,” he says with a chuckle. ”I’m clumsy. Doing ballet will help me control my body better. That’ll make me a better physical actor… and a better fighter,” he says, finishing up with a smile and a look in my direction.

”Besides, you took ballet.”

”I never should’ve told you that,” I joke.

”Why’d we come up here anyways?” he asks.

”Two reasons,” I begin. ”One, was to have this talk...” Without him noticing, I back away from him and the cliff towards the trees.

”And the other?” he asks, still peering down over the cliff. When I don’t answer him, he looks up at where I was previously standing. ”Oh hell,” he cries out just as I reach him, only at that moment realizing what the second reason was.

Just as I reached him, in one swift movement while in mid-stride, I pick him up into the air, cradling him in my arms and jump off the cliff toward the water below. He grips my neck tight and lets out the highest pitched squeal, causing my ears to ring a little on the way down.

And splash down!

After kicking our way to the surface, he quickly climbs onto my back. He can swim, but he doesn’t like deep water.

”You’re an ass!” he yells into my ear as he catches his breath.

”It was fun though,” I say as I start to make my way toward the shore and Adi.

”Yeah,” he admits with a chuckle. ”Can we do it again?”

”Abso-frickin-lutely buddy.”

For months and months and months and months, all I did was give. I gave and I gave and I gave and I gave and all he did… was take. He took and he took and he took and when I ran out of things for him to take, he took just a little bit more. See, it’s easy to sit there listening to me and think, ‘man he’s really jumpin’ in the wayback machine, isn’t he?’

I definitely am but all of it is important. All of it plays a role in why we’re here. All of it, little by little, adds up to what we’ve seen the last few months and to what we’re gonna see at Bad Medicine.

I was and still am a generous and compassionate man despite the things I do and say on your television screens here in the XWF. I gave everything to the marks. Every little bit of me that I had to give, I gave it, then I put in just a little bit more and then... and then Corey showed his true colors like a snake always will… and I gave him what he wanted. I gave Corey Smith what he wanted, I gave Corey Smith what he fucking deserved... and they hated me for it.

They hated me for it.

Dolly Waters hated me for it.

Corey Smith hated me for it.

I give.

He takes.

I pushed him hard, like a friend should, to get his life back. To get his career back. He makes his return at High Stakes 2020 and I win that match. I win the Universal title and in his first god damn match afterward, he’s claiming credit for him making me the Universal Champion.

I give.

He takes.

The very same night I damn near break my entire fucking body en route to knocking off Cataclysm and ending their reign of dominance while establishing my own, taking the tag team titles in the process. The very next Warfare, Continuum is officially born the moment I invoke Freebird rules with the tag team belts that I won and I hand him a third title.

I give.

He takes.

Don’t get me wrong, that was a different time and I didn’t see Corey Smith then for what he truly is. I was happy to share my success with him. I was more than willing to allow my best friend to help me keep the things I worked so hard and fought so hard to earn.

My vision though, is quite clear now.

I see Corey Smith for what he is and what he’s always been. What he is, is a two-faced backstabbing liar and no amount of preemptive ‘lemme tell you why I lied’ in a promo two months ago makes him a good person. No matter how much he wants it to be true.

Fact is, he’s been envious of me and my success since the day he came back to wrestling a year ago. I can’t say I blame him, but it’s the truth. Is it any wonder why his movements mirrored my own? Almost in lockstep, his successes mirrored mine right up until he squandered his Television title reign and I just kept on dominating the Hart Championship scene.

That’s where his envy of me started to take root.

Corey Smith isn’t Corey Smith without Thaddeus Duke.

Gnaw on that one for a bit because without Thaddeus Duke, Corey Smith is just another face in an ever-growing roster. Corey Smith is just another number. Corey Smith is just another notch on someone bigger and betters scorecard.

For months, it’s all I heard from this opponent or that one. For months it was ‘you’re good, but you’re not Doc D’Ville.’ ‘Yeah Thad, you’re good, but you’re not Corey Smith.’ I heard it a lot… but then I beat them all anyway.

I am not D’Ville and I am not Corey but what they forget to do is open their XWF history books and see my W in the victory column over D’Ville. And what they learned as time went on, is all the W’s I have over Corey Smith.

He’s been in the shadow of my stardom for so long and I didn’t see him sharpening his fangs behind my back. He latched onto my coattails from the very beginning just waiting for the moment to strike. Waiting for the right moment to sink his fangs into my skin to take something else that I earned.

I saw him coming.

I knew he was coming for me.

Why else would he be dropping shit promos in the middle of Relentless weekend?

There was no way he’d betray the high and mighty Alias. No, he’d only betray himself and everything he says he stands for by lying through his teeth… and I watched him do it, so did you. I listened to him lying his ass off and I smiled because I knew.

I’ll stop short of saying I allowed it to happen, but what else is a man like Corey gonna do when he knows that the only hope he’s ever had of beating me was a surprise match right after I worked 60 minutes with a man the caliber of Mark Flynn?

How loud can you scream weakness, Corey?

I didn’t listen to his bullshit explanation for the why’s because it doesn’t matter. Everything he says about that night is a fucking lie. He’ll talk about how he knows he said this that and the other thing while he was intending all along to cash in on me. People like Corey… you gotta listen to the words they’re not saying. That’s where the truth is. So the fans, the marks, they can deep throat Corey Smith and choke on his nuts all they want and they can believe him when he tells his lies but the fact of the matter is that Corey showed you, exactly who Corey is.

Whether he had possession of the actual briefcase or not, all he had to do was say ‘I’m Corey, I have a 24/7 shot by right, and Thad, I’m using it on you.’ I mean, I’d assume his bullshit explanation was something along the lines of ‘it was the only way to get Thad in the ring.’

Oh but then it’s left to a one on one straight up match and he knows he’d squander that opportunity because the one thing he’s proven in the last year is that I’m better than him. In three separate opportunities to beat me, he’s never done it.

Don’t worry, I didn’t forget War Games. I didn’t forget the two on one advantage he and Alias had. I didn’t forget me kicking his teeth down his throat, either. If Alias wasn’t there… Corey was beat again by me and the entire world knows it. If he’s being honest with himself… I mean, let’s be real here, Corey Smith? Honest?… he knows it too.

I didn’t forget his promos for last years High Stakes too where he kept claiming he’d basically eliminate himself if it came to it so that I’d win.

Yeah.

You can listen to what he says or you can dig a little deeper and see the real truth: he knew then he wasn’t good enough.

People may hear all this and raise an eyebrow thinking that I somehow lied or betrayed anyone. I didn’t. Ever. Whether you love me, or hate me… or somewhere in between… I’ve always been me and I’ve always told the truth about me to all of you and that’s never changed.

‘You turned down his challenge, you left him no choice!’

Wrong.

What I did, was rebuff his crying to management demanding a match with me because I said mean things. Gee willikers Corey! If me saying mean things makes you cry to management out loud and in public… what have you cried about privately where no one sees it? Where no one hears it?

If you wanted a match with me Corey, all you ever had to do was ask. Instead, you cried to management because you wanted violence for mean things said.

Well…

I gave you violence for ten whole fucking seconds and you couldn’t even handle that, could you? Nah you disappeared for six weeks and came back waving the victim card around for all to see, excusing yourself for your own shortcomings, your own misgivings, your own lies and your own bullshit.

There’s no briefcases this time.

There’s no surprise match after I’ve already wrestled an hour.

There’s no D’Ville.

There’s no Alias.

There’s no Dolly Waters.

There’s not even a Paul Heyman.

There’s no management that’ll save you at Bad Medicine.

You took something that rightly belongs to me. You took something that I worked hard to earn and even harder to keep. You took something you didn’t then and surely don’t now, deserve to have.

And now I’m taking it back.

And there’s nothing you can do to stop me.

You’re coming into my backyard Corey, the real lions den, so prepare yourself. If I were you, I wouldn’t expect too much cheering in your favor. Don’t let the marks take you outta your game though because I want the best of you. I want the very best of you Corey, so that I can prove that your best just isn’t good enough.

The only thing you’ll prove at Bad Medicine my friend… my buddy… my pal… is what the rest of the world already knows because I’ve proven it every time we’ve been on opposite sides of the ring. And it’s simply that…

You are and forever will be, my little bitch.

What’s more is...

Thad lowers his register to slightly above a whisper.

You know it too.

Later that night, Adi, Frankie and I spent the evening around a small fire just off the beach. When you’re as well off as I am, you can afford private beaches when you want that quality, private time with those you love, that you wouldn’t otherwise get. This was one of those times.

Frankie fell asleep on a beach towel about an hour ago so I just carried him up to the room and put him in bed. Adi spent a lot of her time plugging away on a script that I’m not allowed to talk about while I sat here practicing on my guitar.

I’m okay, but not that great.

After putting Frankie in bed, I came back out and started strumming on the guitar again. This time, making my way toward my lady now that it’s just the two of us.

”What are you doing?” she asks, giving me a knowing grin.

”Nothin’,” I lie. ”Just gonna sing my baby a song.”

”Why’d you carve a division sign into your guitar?” Adi asks.

”I didn’t,” I answer her as I tune the instrument. ”Ed Sheeran did.”

”Really?” she asks in 100% disbelief. Not shock, but like that “yeah okay” kinda disbelief. ”Ed Sheeran just happened upon you somewhere and decided to carve a math thingy into your guitar?”

”Well, it wasn’t like that exactly,” I say with a strum of the strings. ”This was his guitar and he kindly gave it to me.

“I know this may come as a shock, but apparently I can be very charming,”
I joke.

”Just a little,” she says with a smile.

”I will never find another lover, sweeter than you, sweeter than you,” I begin to sing.

”You’re ridiculous,” she laughs.

”I idle at ridiculous,” I say, tossing the guitar aside and reaching my hand out to her. ”May I have this dance?”

”There’s no music,” she quickly points out.

”We’ll make our own.”

”Ohhh I suppose,” she says, feigning reluctance to grab my hand.

Pulling her gently to her feet, I then pull her to my chest. Beneath the warm moonlight in Maui, we dance to only the sound of my own voice. I know how that sounds… but like… its a good thing in this case.

”And I will never find a lover more precious than you, more precious than you,” I resume my sangin’. ”Girrrl you arrrre… close to me, you’re like my mother. Close to me, you’re like my father. Close to me, you’re like my sister. Close to me, you’re like my brother.”

With her face against my chest as we sway, I can feel the smile form on her face.

”You are the onnnly one, my everythiiiing. For you, this song I siiing.”

Lifting her head from my chest, she looks up at me.

”Will you marry me?” I ask with a growing smile as she sighs.

”Aww… Thad… baby… not this year,” she gives me the expected answer.

Hitting my knees, she tries hard to quell her laughter.

”Don’t leave me in all this pain,” I begin to sing a Toni Braxton classic to her while feigning begging. ”Don’t leave me out in the rain...”

”Stand up!” she laughs. ”You knew I was gonna say no you jerk!”

”Yup, pretty much,” I reply with a smile.

”Then why’d you ask?”

Clasping my hand in hers, we start to walk toward the beach.

”Because I love you,” I answer her with sincerity. ”And because I’mma pretty good singer and I’m cute and when I get all romantic-like it’s really freakin’ adorable.”

”You think very highly of yourself, don’t you?” she asks with a chuckle as we begin to walk the shoreline.

”Yes I do,” I answer with pretend sincerity. ”Thank you for noticing.”

”How would it even work? You’re in New York, I’m in L.A…”

”You move to New York,” I suggest. ”Or I move to SoCal.”

”You love New York, there’s no way you’re leaving it,” she insists. Largely, she’s right.

”Well, we could split time,” I offer. ”Summers in New York, winters in California. And really, the more I think about it… there’s a lot of negative stuff attached to Frankie in New York so… maybe a change in coasts isn’t the worst idea.”

”Maybe next year,” she say, bringing a smile to my own face.

”So what you’re saying is...”

She sensed it as soon as she said it.

”I swear to God Thad, if you propose again on New Years...”

[Image: NDdOtwO.png]

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Thaddeus Duke's post:
Corey Smith (11-20-2021), Dolly Waters (11-20-2021), JimCaedus (11-19-2021), Robert "The Omega" Main (11-20-2021), Team MAGA (11-22-2021)