Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-26-2024, 03:27 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Waiting On The World To Change
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

11-11-2021, 05:19 PM

------November 2, 2021------

What a difference four years can make.

Four years ago, Nellie Cortinovis was standing inside the Wildwood Convention Center with her aunt, her friends, and several hundred other members of the local community, celebrating her victory and her election to the Wildwood Crest School Board. She did the impossible – as a Democrat in a majority Republican community, she was elected to serve the people in a hard-fought general election race. Only in her early 20’s, her political career was just getting started, and everyone was certain this was the beginning of what would be many electoral victories.

Only problem was, her father was not there to experience it with her. Centurion has run off into the middle of nowhere, cutting all contact off with everyone in his life, after suffering what can only be described as a complete mental breakdown. Nellie wasn’t even sure if her father was dead, though she also wasn’t sure she would care if he was, given how he vanished without telling anyone. She was happy to begin her new life, but bitter that she was doing it without the father figure she had known for most of her life.

Four years later, her father had returned. Their relationship was better than ever, and Centurion has rewarded his daughter’s loyalty and ever-increasing intellect by making her his manager – giving her the keys to his career and allowing her to either drive him to success or off a bridge. She was engaged, her relationships with her family was repaired, and she was happy...

...only now, she is sitting in her living room, staring at numbers that have confirmed her political defeat.

Nellie’s position within the community was always subject to scrutiny. As the most vocal progressive in the area, she benefited a lot from an anti-Trump sentiment that swept through South Jersey during his administration. When people were on board with the national message put forth by Democrats, she was the voice that was propped up. As the voices of conservatives began to get louder, however, Nellie’s actions were under a brighter light. Her personal life was subject to a lot of rumors following the announcement of her engagement to Erin, a former sex worker. Coupled with the parent’s choice movement sweeping through school board races, and the increasing unpopularity of Joe Biden in the region, Nellie became the number one target, and she was swept out of office as a result.

We open up on the back patio at the home of Nellie Cortinovis and Erin Morgan. There, we see Erin looking out towards the Atlantic Ocean, puffing on a vape as the reality of the situation is setting in for her. In the living room behind her, it is a very quiet scene. Ruby and Erin are staring at a computer, double and triple checking the numbers that they know aren’t in their favor. Bowls of chips and cans of soda and beer sit out on the kitchen counter, remnants of a “victory” party that has since been cleared out as those from the community have become increasingly aware that this was not going to be a night of celebration.

The sliding door to the patio opens up, and out steps Centurion, still wearing a “Cortinovis For School Director” t-shirt that he wore all day while handing out flyers at polls. He pulls out a Djarum Black and a lighter from his pants pockets before nodding over to Nellie.

Smoking’s bad for you.” Centurion says, understanding the irony of the situation.

So is politics.” Nellie responds with a slight chuckle. Centurion lights his cigarette and walks up to the edge of the patio, next to Nellie. Centurion takes a hit of his cigarette before putting his arm around Nellie’s shoulders. Neither says a word as they just take in the evening. Finally, after a few seconds, it is Nellie who speaks up first. “I want you to know I’m fine. Honestly.

Yeah,” Centurion says as he takes another hit of his cigarette before exhaling the smoke.

No, really.” Nellie explains in a serious tone. “I know how you are. I know you’re worried about me, and I appreciate that. But I feel...at peace with this.”

Centurion seems incredibly confused by Nellie’s statement, as he shakes his head. “How is that even possible? After all you’ve been through? The personal attacks? The shots on Erin? The lies spread about you? Hell, I want to burn this entire town down in your honor.”

Nellie laughs. “I know. That’s because you’re a good father. But about a week ago, I started to wonder if I even still wanted to do this anymore, knowing the direction things were going, and this morning, when I woke up, I just kind of...knew. You ever just know when something wasn’t going to work out for you?"

Yeah,” Centurion says with a slight smile. “Though I typically fight like hell to make sure I’m wrong.”

I just KNEW” Nellie continues. “Even talking with people that I know supported me four years ago, and who claimed they were supporting me again, I could see it in their eyes. It was over, and I guess that just made it so much easier to accept. Plus...it gives me more time to focus on being your manager.” Nellie flashes a sarcastic smile over as Centurion, who sighs and takes another hit of his cigarette.

Just remember,” Centurion responds in a serious tone. “You’re here as long as you WANT to be here. I want you to be happy. I want you to chase whatever dreams you may have, and the moment this job upsets you, or frustrates you, or gets in between us, you need to walk away from it.

Nellie says nothing – she doesn’t have to. She leans over and places her head on Centurion’s shoulder with a smile on her face, knowing that all the election victories in the world would never top the feeling she has knowing her father is proud of her. That’s why this was such a magical night. This wasn’t the end for Nellie, but rather a new beginning for her relationship with her father. Nellie lifts her head off of Centurion’s shoulder and takes a hit of her vape. Centurion, meanwhile, still doesn’t quite grasp Nellie’s calmness.

I don’t get it.” Centurion breaks the silence with a pointed statement. “You put your entire community over yourself. You made so many sacrifices for the children of the school district. You very clearly wanted to keep them safe, and you did it all while not getting paid, and yet…they kept attacking you. For no real reason.”

Dad.” Nellie says with a slight smirk as she puts her hand on Centurion’s shoulder. “It doesn’t have to make sense. We live in a world where sense has gone out the window. We just have to accept this as our new reality. Folks are going to be driven by their ideology, even when their ideology drives them headfirst into destructive behaviors.

I knew that was the case, for the most part.” Centurion says in a bit of a defeatist tone. “But I didn’t think it would extend to our local politics. I didn’t think it would extend to SCHOOL BOARD. I mean, those are supposed to be the most nonpartisan positions. We would go nuts over president, or governor, or whatever, but when it came to our local officials, we were supposed to just select who was best for the position and who would serve their community the best. And yet, that’s gone.

Yep.” Nellie says in agreement. “That’s where we are as a society now. I don’t know if it will ever get better. I wish I knew. But I do know this – I’m never going to stop making the world a better place, whether I get praised for it or not. And I’m not going to stop being supportive of my family and friends. I know what’s important in this life, and it isn’t fame or recognition. I’m comfortable with that.

"Well" Centurion says as he takes another hit of his cigarette. "You're a better person than I am, that's for sure."

Nellie smiles as she gives Centurion a slight nudge onto the shoulder. "Where do you think I get it from?"

The two could just stand outside smoking in silence for hours, but the quiet is interrupted by the sound of Centurion’s cell phone going off in his pocket. He places the cigarette between his lips as he reaches and pulls out his phone. The caller ID says “Vita”, causing both he and Nellie to arch an eyebrow in confusion.

Vita?” Nellie says, surprised to see that name pop up on Centurion’s phone. “What on Earth does she want?

Hell if I know.” Centurion responds, just as confused as Nellie is. “If she ever needs anything from me, she normally just texts me. Or she calls Ruby. I don’t know if she’s ever actually called me before.” Centurion unlocks his screen and presses the speaker button before placing the phone down onto a nearby patio table. “Hello?

CENT!” A frantic Vita on the other side of the phone calls out. Wherever she is, the sounds coming from the background almost drown out her voice, so much so that she has to yell in order to get her voice over what appears to be wind, or a moving train, or something that is causing a lot of background interference. “YOU NEED TO COME TO ALASKA! NOW!

Hold up.” Centurion responds as calmly as possibly, despite being perhaps the most confused person in New Jersey at that particular moment. “What are you doing in Alaska?

THERE’S NO TIME!” Vita quickly responds back in a hurried tone. “I got here, and it was really dark, and there were these vampires, and I tried to handle it on my own, but then...

Stop, stop.” Centurion again says as the confusion on his face continues to grow. “Why are you calling me? Isn’t Ruby the one that normally pulls you out of these situations.

I can’t call Ruby.” Vita says in almost a whine. “I bother her enough with things as it is. Besides, she wouldn’t know how to handle a situation like this, and I would have to hear her lecturing me the entire time, plus you have a private plane...

Aaaaand there it is.” Centurion says as he looks over at Nellie.

Fine, don’t come!” Vita says in a huff over the phone. “Leave me here to die! I see how good of a friend you are!”

Calm down, Vee.” Centurion responds. “I’ll be there. Send me which airport you need me to arrive at, and I’ll call a pilot and fly out tonight. Just...try not to do anything stupid before I get there.” Before Centurion can say anything else, the phone is hung up on the other side, leaving Centurion to widen his eyes in surprise.

Centurion just casually looks up into the darkness and takes one last hit of his cigarette before turning back to face Nellie. “Welp...looks like I’m going to Alaska. Appears Vita’s on drugs.

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-97-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Centurion's post:
James Raven (11-11-2021), Vita Frickin Valenteen (11-11-2021)