Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 03:46 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
IV
Thebe Nwadike Offline
scaring white folk since 2002

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

11-12-2021, 09:25 PM

[Image: XRNx0uj.png]
"Maybe I'll lay down for a little, yeah 'stead of always trying to figure everything out."

My dad left me two things.

A milk crate full of CDs and a name no one can pronounce.

I can't remember the exact day he left or even how old I was. Couldn't have been older than 3.

Don't even know what he looks like.

Just one day, he was here.

Next, he was gone.

Crazy how shit like that happens.

One day you're holding onto something that means the world to you.

Next, you forget it exists.

Mornin' pretty cold.

Real cool air, felt like I carried it from Ohio over to Evergreen. The plastic wrap of the cheap flowers in my hand rasp across my jacket as I follow the trees to the plot. Reachin' the headstone I look down at the cracked stone and run my hand over the top before laying the flowers down; take a deep breath and a step back.

"Hey moms."

Wind rattles the palm leaves above me as I stand there for a moment, tryna think what to say. Like it'd make any difference.

"Been a while; been busy, sorry. Got a new job! Well... Don't know if you'd call it a job but I make money and it's something I'm good at. Involves me fightin' and I know, you hated that shit but I'm good at it, mom. Like, I'm really good. Got myself a title match! That means I get this big fancy gold belt and earn a helluva lot more; You." I crack a smile and talk through a gasp of laughter. "You'd love this belt; remember Christmas like 7 years ago? What was his name, err, Trey! He was sellin' those fake ass Gucci belts for like 20 bucks? Big gold buckle and shit. Ha, I saved up lunch money for like 2 months to get chu one and you were so happy... Then you wore it for like a week and the buckle ended up turning your stomach green? Had half the Gucci logo printed on you for like a month."

I crack up in a snicker, hiding my smile behind my hand. It fades away and my hand drops to my side.

"Trey got shot actually, about 8 months ago. Forgot about that. He had 2 kids... He-uh... He was tryna sell these bags or purses or something and some dudes just jumped him. Big Momma went to his girl, dropped off some food and asked 'em go church... Haven't seen 'em around to be honest." I kick around the grass before planting my foot back down. "Shit's scary to think about, y'know? ... Oh yeah, Grandma and Pops are doin' good. I know you see Big Momma a lot, can tell with the flowers. Pops is keepin' busy, don't think he'll ever retire. She's still goin' on about the same stuff since you was around. Watch your health, stop getting stressed about work, you care more about that car than me. Hahaha. Same ol' thing... It's sweet. Annoying as hell but cute, y'know. She doesn't know about my new job... I-I don't want her worry, you feel me? Like, she was so upset when I got kicked outta school for fightin' and she cried when I came home with a busted up lip. I don't think she'd understand. Like, I'm tryna do my best and make money for her and Pops and I like doing it but she'll only worry and I feel as if she'd try and stop me."

"But if I stop for her, then what else can I do, mom?"

"Like I- ... What is a black kid with no high school diploma gonna achieve without rapping or stealing? This is the only thing I've got going... Pops knows about it, I told him and he ain't happy. I know he ain't happy but he's there for me and I think he understands that what I'm doin' is better than the type of shit that other kids are doin' and with this I ain't gonna end up like Trey."

I lift up my beanie and scratch the top of my head with a sigh.

"Am I talkin' about myself too much? Or not enough? ... Shit, I don't know what you wanna hear. I guess you'd just ask if I'm okay... I'm okay, yeah, I'm eating. Big Momma and Pops treat me good. I'm nervous about this next fight... Think that's why I came to visit you. Just been on my mind since I got home."

I exhale and move around the headstone to the side and sit down, pressing the back of my head against the stone.

"I just want someone to be proud of me, y'know? Tell me I'm doin' good without any hidden meanings behind it. If you were here I think I'd get that. It's why I wish dad was still around. He's a piece of shit, yeah but he could say he's proud. I don't think he ever would but there's that chance he could. That's why this means so much to me mom, if I win this fight I don't just get a better chance at livin', I get respect, I get fans who will be proud of me. If I win I'm beatin' another big name and gettin' a real notch on my belt."

"Yo moms, lemme tell you about this chick because you would hate her. Some skinny, rich, white bitch. She-"
I laugh again. "She is on some bull-shit. This girl dragged her poor ass link into a cave in the middle of Alaska talking about death and destruction like she's on some medieval shit while dressed like the Pillsbury doughboy and this idiot is still like, yeah, I wanna be with yo crazy ass. Oh and she's a time traveler too."

I tilt my head and my eyes roll to the front of the headstone.

"Yeah that was my reaction too." I relax my head and stare forward. "Then she died or some shit now she's acting like she's possessed. Some real CW shit. What was that wack show you used to love? With the pretty white boys that drove around in some old car? It's like that but somehow more shallow. Like she's comin' at me with this Ice Queen mess, I opened up my wardrobe this mornin' and threw a right in case the spooky bitch tried to Narnia my ass. Like this really sucks, cuz I saw her stuff on Twitter and I was like, yo, this chick seems fun and she has good people behind her but now that I'm here in front of her I just see what a husk she is. Bein' propped up by legends behind her, talkin' bout how Centurion was an easy win for me..." I look back to the face of the grave out the corner of my eye. "This was my first fight at XWF, dude's a legend." Back to looking over the graveyard. "Not realizing her last tough challenge was this team called The Bastards which she lost too. Talkin' about the title she won in OCW, the company that fired her and could never produce anyone to go against her so she just lingered with this rainbow puke belt, which she's tryna get over under a name someone else came up with because it's becomin' painfully clear that she doesn't have a unique thought in her fuckin' head. So she wants to force this so when she loses the TV to me, she can at least cling on to something that reminds her that she isn't fuckin' useless and y'know she wants people to be like." I force a valley girl accent. "Oh my god, Betsy, that's soooo cool I'll furreal start tweetin' that to get you over bb." I groan, almost throwing up. "But no one is doin' that shit because this bitch has no one. Even her man actively ignores the inane shit she pushes day in and day out. It's pathetic."

"And you know what the funniest thing to me is?"

"Centurion didn't see me comin' and I blindsided him so hard I slapped his wig around and forced him to change his whole act. Granger has vowed to change everything about herself before I even stepped foot in the ring. Maybe she'll even learn a new kick. Maybe she'll learn how to trash talk. Maybe she'll learn how to fight. Why she got me on some slip n' slide bullshit in some cave with icicles protruding from everywhere. She wins the title in a cage match but has to defend it in some shortcut-taking bullshit, what's stopping her from just timing me out? Oh yeah, she got on Cent's case for timed matches but most TV title matches have a time limit. Like how dumb could you fuckin' be? There's bein' unaware then there's just bein' so self-absorbed that you collapse in on yourself and your asshole becomes your mouth like someones tied you up into a shit-spewing bow with trash talk that's more used up than your torn-up pussy and..."

I stop myself and realize where I am.

"... Shit, sorry mom. Got carried away, I don't want you hear me talking like that. I'm just riled up. I was really hoping this would be a life-changer like this would be the biggest moment of my life... But Bets is turning into another Centurion for me, yeah I got respect but they don't understand that I ain't some punk kid who knows more about cookin' pizza than I do about fightin'. But I am a fighter, I've been fightin' all my life and I will keep on fightin' until my name is etched in gold and they erect a statue of me. I wanna be rich enough to not care about what I could eat tonight, to get that fame and fortune to make sure Big Momma and Pops are safe and secure for as long as they live. I wanna buy you a new headstone that doesn't have that fuckin' crack in it, get someone take care of the land and knock down that tree so you got a nice view. I wanna be number 1 so I can find that nigga who ran off and show him I never needed him anyway... To hear him say sorry at the very least."

I thud the back of my head against the headstone and sigh before standing to my feet and stuffing my hands in my pockets before facing the grave,

"Betsy doesn't have that drive, nah. She got everything already so why would she care about the TV? She harped on about how year 1 was a hell of a ride like she actually was an Alias instead of a Charlie Nickles and in year 2 she's gonna do the same boring, mediocre shit again but this time evil." I shake my head. "I ain't got no respect for someone floating in the water, either sink to the bottom so no one has to carry your flatlining ass or try and swim."

"I didn't want to come here to talk about her... I just wanted to come and tell you about everything that's goin' on, moms. It's like when I had a bad day at school and I'd come in, throw my stuff on the couch and you'd be there with a smile. That kind smile looking back at my short ass almost sobbing. And you didn't say anything, you'd just kneel down and give me a hug, you'd just listen and make me some food."

"I'd fuckin' kill for a hug right now."

"It's just, after OCW firin' me and the shit with XWF, I can't talk to Momma and Pops about it but I feel like I don't belong anywhere. Yes, XWF gave me a chance but how long until they fire me too? How long until they tell me it was just to fuck wit me? Throw my shit out the arena again and tell me find a new company? I'm stressed, mom. I'm fuckin' scared. And if I beat this chick and win that belt they have to keep me,"

"They don't get to walk out, they don't get to die on me."

"They'll remember my name."

"Everyone will know how hard I worked and how much I had to prove."

"So I can work harder to make you proud, to make Momma and Pops happy. So I can live the life I wanna live."

I sniff up, lookin' around and spot an old man walking close by. I calm myself down and control my voice.

"Feel like I'm ramblin' on. Sorry. Just got a lot on my mind... Should have kept this simple and just said what I actually came here to say."

"I love you, mom. I miss you."

I place a hand on top of the headstone and tap my fingers before leaving.

I don't really know what my heads doin' right now.

Feels like bees around my skull.

Stomach turning in knots.

Watching clouds pass through the window heading to a state I've never seen.

The turbulence rattling every bone in my body.

Fear creepin' into my brain.

As anger forces me to roll my knuckles into a fist.

Pride forcing me to choke down the lump in my throat.

While the voice in the back of my head discourage every step I made.

None of it matters anyway.

Because once I touch down.

I'll be the only black kid in Alaska to walk into a cave.

Beat up a white woman who doesn't have what it takes to win.

And catch the next flight out with gold over my shoulder.

Funny how that happens.

One day you're holding onto something that means the world to you.

Next, you forget it exists.

[Image: SQTltkW.gif]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Thebe Nwadike's post:
JimCaedus (11-13-2021), MrBig (11-13-2021), Schism (11-13-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (11-13-2021)