Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 08:52 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Classic! » The Old Folks' Home
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SJ finally wrote a thing
Steve Jason Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-24-2021, 06:16 AM

Hello friends!

It's been a little while, but I've decided to make a special post here for you all. I'm sure many of you have been wondering 'who the hell is this SJ guy', and others of you are probably wondering 'gee, hasn't SJ decided to start doing something useful with his life yet?'. Well, today I have the answer.

I've been working on a little something that I've been umming and ahhing about doing for the last 20 years (and which many XWF alumni over the years have said 'Jesus can you hurry up and finish it already?'), and it's arguably what my XWF career itself was a training ground for - yes, that's right, SJ has finally started writing some damn non-efedding fiction.

As the XWF is home to the people who believed in me and supported me from the very beginning, I would like to invite you all to take a first look at my fantasy world in which I will be basing novels and short stories (the SJ Cinematic Universe, if you will), the Odysseys of the Calinan Sea.

The Odysseys of the Calinan Sea is a sword-and sandal / heroic fantasy world in its Bronze Age (think chariots, the Trojan War, ancient Egypt, Conan the Barbarian, the earliest parts of the Old Testament and the like). It's built around big empires, magic, intrigue and exploration. I won't bore you with a massive spiel of exposition, because there's plenty of that in my worldbuilding notes. I want to eventually make a novel series based in it, but novels are damned hard work and take forever, and I really need a few wins under my belt right now, so I've decided to return to my RP roots and start rolling out short stories based in the world before getting ready to take on the big one.

I finished up the first short story yesterday, A Desert Rescue. It's very much me finding my feet, and that does show, but I'm already feeling confident to take on new challenges with more details and more elaborate stories. I feel it has a bit of a hint of the SJ RPs of old, but taken to the next level and purely narrative-based. A 3500-word story may not seem that out of the ordinary (especially anyone familiar with the monstrosities we used to do here!), but to create something original in a world that you built yourself is quite a labour, and I battled through a lot of executive dysfunction and impostor syndrome to get to this point! (To give you an idea, there's probably about 20000 words of half-finished stories that got me here, and the worldbuilding wiki has a whopping 100000+ words!)

I would love to hear what you all think - while I'm excited to see what a lot of the veterans I've worked with for years think, I would love to hear from any and all that have thoughts on it. And don't be shy on your opinions - I need to know what works and what doesn't and I'm always going to have a soft spot for my own work, so your honesty helps.

You can access the story here: A Desert Rescue

If you like, you can also view all the worldbuilding I've made publicly available: https://www.worldanvil.com/w/annyrion-corsairaquilus

I plan to do several more short stories before tackling the main event, so if you like these, I'll share more!

I hope you like it, and I'd like to thank you all for contributing to this ongoing journey!

-SJ

3x XWF Universal Champion
6x XWF World Champion
1x XWF Canadian Champion
3x XWF Tag Team Champion (2x Unkillables, 1x with Centurion)
2003 Lord of the Ring
2005 X-Mas X-Treme Winner
Resident Old Man Yelling At Clouds
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 14 users Like Steve Jason's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (08-24-2021), ALIAS (08-24-2021), Atara Raven (08-24-2021), Derrick Diamond (08-25-2021), Doctor Louis D'Ville (08-24-2021), Dolly Waters (08-24-2021), Gator (08-24-2021), HeavensToBetsy (08-24-2021), JimCaedus (08-24-2021), Lycana (08-25-2021), Mark Flynn (08-24-2021), Shawn Warstein (08-24-2021), Theo Pryce (08-24-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (08-24-2021)
Shawn Warstein Offline
Blood In Blood Out

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

08-24-2021, 06:26 AM

Shared it on Twitter cuz that’s a thing I do. Also I liked it quite a bit actually. I can see glimpses of SJ in there but not enough for me to be taken away from the narrative. It’s no secret that I fellate you at every given opportunity so it shouldn’t come as a shock that I enjoyed it. I want updates.

[Image: 193QVMb.png]
Banner Made By: @reinventiongfx
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Shawn Warstein's post:
HeavensToBetsy (08-24-2021), JimCaedus (08-24-2021), Steve Jason (08-24-2021)
HeavensToBetsy Offline

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-24-2021, 07:28 AM

What a wonderful story! You've always had a talent for weaving engaging, suspenseful little tales and I'm glad that's only gotten better. I'm looking forward to seeing more down the line.

That's my E-fed baby daddy, y'all!!!!! I'm so proud!! <3 <3 <3 <3

FORMER [Image: 8pr1Az7.png]
[Image: 4kPKNss.gif]
[Image: 2WKryJ5.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like HeavensToBetsy's post:
JimCaedus (08-24-2021), Steve Jason (08-24-2021)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

08-24-2021, 10:43 AM

(08-24-2021, 06:26 AM)Shawn Warstein Said: It’s no secret that I fellate you at every given opportunity

Can confirm

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
JimCaedus (08-25-2021), Steve Jason (08-24-2021)
Shawn Warstein Offline
Blood In Blood Out

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

08-24-2021, 11:09 AM

(08-24-2021, 10:43 AM)Theo Pryce Said:
(08-24-2021, 06:26 AM)Shawn Warstein Said: It’s no secret that I fellate you at every given opportunity

Can confirm

Sounds like the inside of a books dust cover if you ask me.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Shawn Warstein's post:
JimCaedus (08-25-2021), Steve Jason (08-24-2021)
Steve Jason Offline

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-24-2021, 07:07 PM

(08-24-2021, 06:26 AM)Shawn Warstein Said: Shared it on Twitter cuz that’s a thing I do. Also I liked it quite a bit actually. I can see glimpses of SJ in there but not enough for me to be taken away from the narrative. It’s no secret that I fellate you at every given opportunity so it shouldn’t come as a shock that I enjoyed it. I want updates.

lol, creative description right there.

Thanks for the kind words, guys! It means a lot - I've been through quite the journey with you both so it really makes me happy to see that you guys enjoy it.

The next ones should be even better, going to get some action and intrigue in the mix!

6x XWF World Champion
1x XWF Canadian Champion
2003 Lord of the Ring
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve Jason's post:
Atara Raven (08-24-2021), JimCaedus (08-25-2021)
LeeStone Offline
The World's Greatest

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-24-2021, 07:56 PM

I refuse to read it unless you write me into it.

Steve Jason fears Lee Stone.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes LeeStone's post:
JimCaedus (08-25-2021)
Steve Jason Offline

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-24-2021, 08:12 PM

(08-24-2021, 07:56 PM)LeeStone Said: I refuse to read it unless you write me into it.

Steve Jason fears Lee Stone.

Complete creative control over Lee Stone and everything he does.

Excellent.

6x XWF World Champion
1x XWF Canadian Champion
2003 Lord of the Ring
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve Jason's post:
ALIAS (08-24-2021), JimCaedus (08-25-2021)
Shawn Warstein Offline
Blood In Blood Out

XWF FanBase:
Very random

08-24-2021, 09:11 PM

Damn. Gotem.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Shawn Warstein's post:
ALIAS (08-24-2021), JimCaedus (08-25-2021)