Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 04:21 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Savage Results
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Savage Results: 7.17.21
Atara Raven Offline
Αφροδίτη Ενσαρκωμένη

XWF FanBase:
Singles,

(Physically attractive male on every level; can seduce you; that disarming smile; those bedroom eyes.)

07-18-2021, 05:10 PM

The promo is the PvP...attack without consent is hacking imo.

Just suggestions tho so you can attack willy nilly and curb no selling. If you have permission and they no sell...your argument is a little stronger.

[Image: XV49e2j.png]

[Image: 8pr1Az7.png]
2×
[Image: jtHw5j1.png]

[Image: YLZBFO7.png]
2x Freestyle Champion
1× Federweight Champion
2× Heavymetalweight Champion

1x Fade 2 Black High Voltage Champion
1x Fight NYC! Brooklyn Champion
1x Fight NYC! Island Champion
#29 XWF Top 50 2021
AW Top 100 2021
#13 EFed Podcast Top 100 2022
#67 Efed Podcast Top 100 2021
Hate Post Like Post
Charlie Nickles Offline
The Nickleman

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

07-18-2021, 05:12 PM

(07-18-2021, 05:05 PM)Thaddeus Duke Said: Looting Charlie after death would be like looting a ghoul in Fallout: 1 rusted spoon and a bottlecap

Damn a FO1 reference in the year of our Lord 2021. I can't even confirm that statement because if it ain't FO3 or FO:NV it's not going on my computer lol.

[Image: 27J5l3J.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Charlie Nickles's post:
Thaddeus Duke (07-18-2021)
Miss Fury Offline
BURN IT ALL

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

07-18-2021, 05:14 PM

(07-18-2021, 05:10 PM)Atara Themis Said: The promo is the PvP...attack without consent is hacking imo.

Just suggestions tho so you can attack willy nilly and curb no selling. If you have permission and they no sell...your argument is a little stronger.

It doesn't need to be sold to have happened. Congrats on being a quick healer when you no sell I guess.

[Image: 1invQS6.jpg]
[Image: BOBClub.png]
#JoinBOB #JoinbWo
Hate Post Like Post
Thunder Knuckles™ Offline
A No Good Bastard

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

07-18-2021, 05:14 PM

(07-18-2021, 05:02 PM)Atara Themis Said: It's a game.

You're right it is a game with rules and none were broken.

[Image: brofade.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Thunder Knuckles™'s post:
Charlie Nickles (07-18-2021), Miss Fury (07-18-2021), Mr. Oz (07-23-2021)
Atara Raven Offline
Αφροδίτη Ενσαρκωμένη

XWF FanBase:
Singles,

(Physically attractive male on every level; can seduce you; that disarming smile; those bedroom eyes.)

07-18-2021, 05:25 PM

You can quick heal when you ask during the communication of an attack that they allude to injury so you dont have to no sell completely.

Eff me for offering right. I'll shut up now.

[Image: XV49e2j.png]

[Image: 8pr1Az7.png]
2×
[Image: jtHw5j1.png]

[Image: YLZBFO7.png]
2x Freestyle Champion
1× Federweight Champion
2× Heavymetalweight Champion

1x Fade 2 Black High Voltage Champion
1x Fight NYC! Brooklyn Champion
1x Fight NYC! Island Champion
#29 XWF Top 50 2021
AW Top 100 2021
#13 EFed Podcast Top 100 2022
#67 Efed Podcast Top 100 2021
Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

07-18-2021, 05:29 PM

This whole back and forth is kinda tiresome.

As a general rule I personally don't attack people not booked on a show because who knows if they are actually there? But I also understand the logic used by the attacker so I can see how it's possible. Again, not something I would have done.

I think a lot of this could have been avoiding had offended parties just quietly no sold it rather than making a thing of it. Not that I encourage no selling, I don't, I think it's lame as hell when it's done in response to no actual rules being broken. I could see someone no selling their leg being cut off, which as a GM we should never allow that type of segment anyway but no selling an attack because it's inconvenient? No thanks.

I also think all the attacks by BOB was big time overkill and at the end they come off looking pretty dumb imo. Kinda like when the nWo was hugely over and then they just shot themselves in the foot again and again and again until they became an eye sore. Hopefully this is just a one off though and not the beginning of a trend.

Counter attacks do exist, they are difficult to do and in all my years hear I can count on one hand how many times I've actually seen one submitted and I can count on zero fingers how many times they were actually implemented.

Counter attacks by design are supposed to be harder than an attack. Any asshole can attack someone, knowing the who, what, when and where of it is incredibly difficult and thus why counter attacks are difficult.

We are not going to be making any wholesale changes to the system. Maybe we may make a tweak here or there but nothing along the lines of anything that was discussed in this thread.

As was said earlier, no actual rules were broken however there is that gray area between what is an actual rule and what is considered fair play and I think a lack of fair play in some regards should be looked at by those involved and see if maybe we can do better moving forward?

Now can we all just make nice and move on to promos for War Games please?

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
ALIAS (07-18-2021), Atara Raven (07-18-2021), Dolly Waters (07-18-2021), Marf (07-18-2021), Miss Fury (07-18-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (07-18-2021)
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

07-18-2021, 05:41 PM

I'm no selling Theo's reply

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 7 users Like Thaddeus Duke's post:
ALIAS (07-18-2021), Charlie Nickles (07-18-2021), Dolly Waters (07-18-2021), Marf (07-18-2021), Mr. Oz (07-23-2021), Theo Pryce (07-18-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (07-18-2021)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

07-18-2021, 05:44 PM

(07-18-2021, 05:41 PM)Thaddeus Duke Said: I'm no selling Theo's reply

I'm no selling your rps at War Games.

Now see what you've done?

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
ALIAS (07-18-2021), Dolly Waters (07-18-2021), Mr. Oz (07-23-2021), Thaddeus Duke (07-18-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (07-18-2021)
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

07-18-2021, 05:50 PM

We shall overcome, Theo. We shall overcome.

74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Thaddeus Duke's post:
Charlie Nickles (07-18-2021), Dolly Waters (07-18-2021), Mr. Oz (07-23-2021), Theo Pryce (07-18-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (07-18-2021)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

07-18-2021, 05:56 PM

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
Dolly Waters (07-18-2021), Thaddeus Duke (07-18-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (07-18-2021)
ALIAS Offline
Space Jesus

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

07-18-2021, 06:07 PM

(07-18-2021, 05:44 PM)Theo Pryce Said:

That makes two of us.

Do you have a light?

[Image: 7qdASxF.jpg]
(Banner courtesy of Atara Themis)
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like ALIAS's post:
Mr. Oz (07-23-2021), Thaddeus Duke (07-18-2021), Theo Pryce (07-18-2021)
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

07-18-2021, 06:34 PM

(07-18-2021, 06:07 PM)ALIAS Said:
(07-18-2021, 05:44 PM)Theo Pryce Said:

That makes two of us.

Que sera, sera!

74-31-1
Semi-Retired

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Thaddeus Duke's post:
ALIAS (07-18-2021), Mr. Oz (07-23-2021)
Prof. Bobby Bourbon Offline
Mad Scientist

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

07-18-2021, 06:35 PM

(07-18-2021, 03:02 PM)Corey Smith Said: OOC: My issue with the attacks thing is it just makes the teams getting attacked look really dumb. Why wouldn't the other members have come out to help their team mates? Do we have to strat in "I will help my friends and team mates if they get attacked" everytime now?

I will take it a step further and say some attacks and segments should be written that make your character look vulnerable/flawed/capable of being thumped on.

Warfare not to long ago I wrote and submitted a seg where Bourbon got attacked by Betsy in retaliation because it furthered the story.

To take it a step further, I did call someone's inaction during an attack in an RP this past cycle, but that was in response to their bringing it up. I can see how it gets sticky in some places, but it's also to be commended that someone made material for a show. The logic of what occured with Duke is up in the air, and we can argle-bargle it all we want, but we shouldn't ignore there's some sort of intrigue revolving around the Hart Title, even if it's dismissed as a Duke imposter getting attacked.

Do the BOB attacks make everyone else look weak or dumb? No. It makes the members of BOB look like a bunch of heels. It's definitely not on our itinerary to go out on every card and just jump whomever, you assume we have enough time, focus, or work ethic for that (even if we wanted to we're too lazy irl). The key is the only members of BOB that did attack people were Fury, TK, Bourbon, and Oswald, the team for War Games.

I say this running a character that was attacked 3 separate times at the last PPV. It's kind of silly none of the attacking parties coordinated together from a pure logic stance, but it is what it is. It didn't take a microscope for whomever was putting the card together to notice it, there could have been something added or done to make it a little more sensible perhaps, but it's the nature of the game that it happened the way it did. It's called compromise. If 3 people submit segments for the end of the show, they all get to run, and they all equally get to be unhappy they happened along with everyone else's stuff.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Prof. Bobby Bourbon's post:
Miss Fury (07-18-2021), Mr. Oz (07-23-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (07-18-2021)
Doctor Louis D'Ville Away
Hello, my friends
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

07-18-2021, 07:30 PM

(07-18-2021, 06:34 PM)Thaddeus Duke Said:
(07-18-2021, 06:07 PM)ALIAS Said:
(07-18-2021, 05:44 PM)Theo Pryce Said: I'm no selling your rps at War Games.

That makes two of us.

Que sera, sera!

[Image: Kd641BT.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Doctor Louis D'Ville's post:
Miss Fury (07-18-2021), Mr. Oz (07-18-2021), Thaddeus Duke (07-18-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (07-18-2021)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

07-19-2021, 03:47 AM

(07-18-2021, 03:20 PM)Charlie Nickles Said:
(07-18-2021, 03:02 PM)Corey Smith Said: OOC: My issue with the attacks thing is it just makes the teams getting attacked look really dumb. Why wouldn't the other members have come out to help their team mates? Do we have to strat in "I will help my friends and team mates if they get attacked" everytime now?

ooc: Yeah, you should obviously have to imo? Like there's an entire counter-attack system for a reason. If you are, in character, concerned about your friends being attacked: you should prepare to go out and defend them! Otherwise the alternative is no attacks on anyone with friends or in a tag team because it would make the tag team look bad and the tag team doesn't want to write counter attacks.

No it would mean GMs can edit the attacks to have them make more sense.

The fact is that nobody can accurately predict all the time who is going to attack when. But if it does happen it would make sense for other friends booked on the card to help them.

I'm not confused or caught off guard by any of this. Hell, I can think of a prime example of when I used an attack segment. The difference is that i corporated that person's allies so that it would make a lick of sense. They lost the attack, but at least they didnt d8ssappear off the face of the Earth.

I feel like GMs should have more editorial control over this.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Corey Smith's post:
ALIAS (07-19-2021), Thaddeus Duke (07-19-2021)
Centurion Online
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

07-19-2021, 04:15 AM

(07-18-2021, 04:17 PM)Miss Fury Said:
(07-18-2021, 04:06 PM)ALIAS Said: That's kind of my point. It's a dumb suggestion.

This has been the system in XWF since I've been here, in fact, I've never been involved with any fed that had rules stating that you must ask permission to attack. I know some exist, I've just never personally come across one. As old heads, I'm frankly surprised that you and Corey seem so caught off guard by how the attack system works.

Old man Centurion, coming through!

I think something you're forgetting about is how many attacks were no sold back in the day, and how many stories were quickly dropped because one person decided to run an attack on another, and that other person had no interest in working with the offending party.

Yes, there are no rules when it comes to attacks and segments, but it can lead to some really confusing continuation issues. My feelings are as follows - if you're working with a person in a storyline, just talk things out ahead of time. I don't need Fury or BOB to run by me every segments we have on Anarchy, but there's at least an open dialog that says "here's where we're going". If a curveball is thrown in somewhere, there should be communication ahead of time.

Required? No. But it does make you look like less of an ass. Not completely assless, mind you, since you're all asses.

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-95-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Centurion's post:
Corey Smith (07-19-2021), JimCaedus (07-19-2021), Thaddeus Duke (07-19-2021), Theo Pryce (07-19-2021)
Lord Raab Offline
"The Green Disease German Monster"

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

07-29-2021, 06:40 AM

Hey now. Very recently, when I had my first COVID vaccine shot, I was so tired that I had to no show one time as Lord Raab, even though it was a stupid fucking mistake of me to do. When I saw Miss Fury attacked Lord Raab, it gave me ideas for a match down the road, giving me a whole new storyline to do because at that point, I did need a storyline and feud with Lord Raab and that was perfect for it when Miss Fury did that, giving myself and Lord Raab a real wake up call.

He took two weeks out because of it. So instead of dismissing it, I used it as my RP fuel. Sold the whole thing, and I continue to, even if I'm basically ignoring the title Miss Fury holds which Henry is trying to get Lord Raab's head around on him caring a lot more about the title and taking it from her. I'm making it into somewhat of a quest for Lord Raab.

But I do get what you mean by random attacks out of nowhere though without permission though because there were times I have been attacked in other places and I was like, what the hell, but I go to the person privately to ask them and more times than not, it leads to a storyline/feud, next match on the show. At the same time, use it as something to spark up your RP's. Permission is always needed when attacks happen. It's why I never do attacks personally because I hate the idea of attacking someone's character that they don't want to happen and goes against their characters.

[Image: AgO3KzJ.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]

I love AJ Allmendinger.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lord Raab's post:
Miss Fury (07-29-2021)