Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 04:34 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Winning Is Losing
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

07-07-2021, 05:59 PM

(Centurion didn't want to admit it, but Miss Fury actually got to him this time.

The rest of the "bad people doing bad things" schtick? That's all part of the business. Centurion knew what to do in those situations - he met his problem head on, and he punched it in the face. Diesel wants to powerbomb Ruby? Centurion takes him down. Osira uses Cent and Ruby to join BOB? Centurion takes her down. And even though he was unable to beat Chris Page or Them No Good Bastards, he at least got the opportunity to punch them in the face.

But this? There doesn't appear to be a simple solution to this.

We open up late at night along the boardwalk in Wildwood, New Jersey. The place is deserted, as all the shops have closed and the tourists have gone to sleep. Standing underneath a streetlight is Centurion. He is leaning against a metal railing, looking out into the sea, while smoking a strange looking cigarette that makes the boardwalk smell like the art teacher's office. Standing behind him is Nellie.)

Nellie: Well, this is quite the predicament.

Centurion: Yep.

Nellie: On one hand, you don't want to hurt Ruby. You'd rather toss yourself through a thousand flaming glass tables than do that.

Nellie: On the other hand, losing would make you give up your bWo Title shot, allowing Miss Fury to essentially do whatever she wants and continue to walk around with that gold around her waist like she earned it, and you know you're the only person with any legitimate chance to take the belt from her.

Nellie: And neither of you want a cheap victory. You're both highly competitive wrestlers who respect each other's careers, and a hard fought victory for either of you would be huge.

Nellie: So what are you going to do?

(Centurion takes a hit of his joint and blows out the smoke towards to ocean.)

Centurion: I don't know.

Nellie: What do you mean "you don't know."

Centurion: I mean I don't fucking know.

Nellie: How do you not know? You're supposed to be the one who knows shit. That's like...your thing.

(Centurion angerly turns around from the railing and faces Nellie.)

Centurion: Alright then, genius. Put yourself in my shoes. You and Erin are fighting in a scaffold match. Opportunities on the line. What do you do?

(Nellie stares at Centurion for a few seconds before leaning in and grabbing the joint out of Centurion's hand.)

Nellie: I don't fucking know.

(Nellie takes a hit of the joint before passing it back to Centurion. Centurion takes it with one hand and rubs his forehead with his other hand.)

Centurion: I know these fuckers. I know exactly what they're going to say no matter what happens in this match. If I win, they're going to say I'm a bad boyfriend. They're going to go on and on about how I refused to put Ruby over, and how someone who TRULY cares and who is TRULY a good guy would have just let Ruby walk away with the victory. And if I lose, I'm going to be constantly heckled as "Ruby's sidekick", told that I am nothing more than a nostalgia act, and completely written off. There is seriously no winning.

Nellie: Have you talked to Ruby about it?

(Centurion takes another hit of his joint before breathing the smoke back out and shaking his head.)

Centurion: No.

Nellie: Why not? This seems like a pretty important thing to talk to her about.

Centurion: Because I know what she's going to say. She's going to say we should have a clean, competitive match, and let the cards fall as they are. She's going to think the best course of action is to just have a wrestling match, and whoever wins, wins. And I also know, if I asked her to take a dive, she would.

Nellie: And if she asked you to take a dive, would you?

Centurion: Yes. 100%.

Nellie: Then take Ruby's advice. Just have a match. Neither of you are going to get hurt. It's not like you haven't wrestled in worse matches than this. Just go up there, battle it out, and see what happens. Ask yourself this question, and think about it very carefully. Would you look at Ruby any different if she beat you? Would you treat her or your relationship any differently if she were to get one over on you?

Centurion: No, absolutely not. If anything, I'd be proud of her.

Nellie: And if it were reversed - if you were to beat her. What would she say? Would she treat you any differently?

(Centurion takes another hit of his joint.)

Centurion: No. She'd probably take it as a learning experience.

Nellie: Then that's your answer. Fury doesn't care about who wins. What she wants is for this match to come in between the two of you. The biggest defeat you could give her is stealing the show - the show she booked, mind you, and come out on the other side as a stronger couple than before. That would be the ultimate kick in the pants to her.

(Centurion slightly nods as he takes another hit of his joint. He passes it back to Nellie and exhales before he speaks.)

Centurion: Then that's what I'll do. I'll wrestle Ruby in the best match of the night. Then I'll take the bWo Title from Miss Fury. And finally, I'll whoop Vinnie Lane's ass for getting us into this position in the first place. Seriously, fuck that guy. You're going to let the people who blackmailed you run your show? Who does that?

Nellie: Losers.

Centurion: Losers, that's who!

(Centurion takes the last bit of joint from Nellie and smokes it before crushing the tiny bit that's left out on the railing and brushing the ashes off as the camera cuts.)

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-95-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Centurion's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (07-07-2021), ALIAS (07-07-2021), Ruby (07-07-2021)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 3 users Hate Centurion's post!
ALIAS (07-07-2021), Dolly Waters (07-07-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (07-07-2021)