Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 07:59 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Running Down a Dream
Ariel Dixon

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-22-2021, 11:27 AM

It had been a few days that she was with the semi-driver. He was a good boy and didn't try to get fresh thank God. When the fisherman's money ran out awhile back he even bought her food and some clothes. She had just come out of a truck stop shower and slid into her clothes, did a girly twirl and looked in the mirror. Thigh-high socks, cut-offs, and a black t with the arms cut off completed the newest outfit. She stuffed her stiff clothes in a bag and chucked them in a trash can as she skipped out the door giggling.

She climbed up in the cab smiling at the driver. She asked his name but like she could remember, she had been off her meds for like a week now. Everything had started to run together. She made sure she gave him a fake name, even though the pics on the posters were undeniable. It would be a cold day in hell before she cut her dreads or covered her tats. Each one told a story and it was all hers. Not much else was. The driver nodded, helping her up into the cab handing her a bag with a sandwich from Subway and some assorted snacks. He hefted a jug of orange Hawaiin Punch into her lap smiling.

Sorry darlin, they were all outta the fruit punch, but if I remember right, my kids like this just as well. I forgot to ask how old are you anyway? Running from home?? Anyone you need to call or anything??

Rel shook her head, pouting about the red punch. She didn't like orange much, but the driver was cool enough to pay for it. She had started wolfing down her sandwich and started to talk around a mouthful of food, spitting bits all over the dash.

I'm not runnin from anything really Mister Driver Guy. I just felt the need to get out on my own, and I saw those ladies getting rides from drivers so I tried it too, and you were cool enough to let me jump in. I'm in my 20s and unfortunately, I don't have anyone to call my family kinda split from me a while back.

She grabbed her sunglasses from the dash covering up her eyes that were getting a little wet. She didn't like talking about her family, except with that therapy lady and even then they forced her to. She choked down a few more bites of sandwich looking out the window at the trees going by. She swigged the orange drink and made a face as it went down her throat. Man, this is yucky she thought. Free is free though. Eventually, she fell asleep against the window her sandwich wrapper balled up on the floor her Hawaiian Punch jug next to her feet...

"Over here! One is alive!!" the cop shouted over the wailing siren and other commotion outside. He looked down at the dark head toddler covered in blood splashing in the puddle on the floor trying to hug her dead mother.

One of the cops picked her up and she screamed reaching for the dead woman. The officer buried the toddler's head in her shoulder taking her quietly outside.

" Roddy, give her over to the EMTs, get her cleaned up and outta here she doesn't need to see this."

"Sure thing boss," The officer took her hand and led her to the ambulance where an EMT bent down talking to her sweetly.

"Sweetheart, my name is Ariel, what's yours??" The Emt asked as she tried to clean the girl up.

The little girl mumbled Ariel..More a question than an answer. The child started to sniff, holding back tears. The EMT reached into her bag and gave her a stuffed rabbit. She immediately hugged it tightly. Ariel picked up the girl, putting her up in the front seat strapping her in,

"There you go girlie. We are gonna get you away from here Alright?"

The girl nodded her head and said Fanks, her toddler attempt to talk after all that happened. She sniffed holding the toy tighter. Sliding closer to the woman.

Ariel pulled the little girl in close and stroked her hair.

"It will be all good, little one I promise."

The ambulance pulled up to the Emergency Room doors and a doctor came running out and begin to unfasten the girl and pick her up. She started to cry and she reached for the EMT. Ariel jumped out of her seat taking her from the doctor gently.

"Doc she has been through it. I kept her clothes on her in case the cops needed anything from them. I figured you could bag them up."

"Sure "the doctor nodded stroking the little girl's hair trying to calm her down. "Did you get her name by chance?"

Ariel held her tight taking her in the doors.

"Just call her Ariel..."

Rel woke up taking a minute to get her bearings. The Subway wrapper had been wrapped around the rest of her sandwich and placed on the console between her and the driver. The cap was placed on her Hawaiian Punch and it was at her feet. Her glasses had slipped down a bit and the driver had seen her eyes were puffy from sleep and crying. He touched her leg to comfort her and she jumped scooting away but still smiled. Looking at her reflection in the window she shook again. Why did it have to be that dream again...

Well Thaddy boy we find ourselves here again, don't we? I may be new here and all but I have heard quite a lot about you from the folks around here. The second generation, well accomplished on your own blah blah blah. You know who else had all that stuff King Prissy Pants of Bikini Top. He even carries a purse!! He was forced out of Bikini Bottom because in the words of Patrick "No one fucks with the Sponge!" I know right? Who woulda thought a starfish could be so mean. Oh, my bad we were talking about Thad.

I mentioned your shiny before but I have been thinking how cool it would be for me to carry that around!! Everyone would be like look at Rel! She's a champ! She's the bee's knees. My therapist lady at the Asylum used to say that she smelled like old lady underwear and mothballs. Don't ask me what old lady undies smell like it's just nasty. She used to say we were the bee's knees to make us feel better when we were depressed. I always giggled and snorted because it sounded so funny.
The point is my night is gonna end with me looking at myself in that belt thingy and bouncy bouncy so happy! I don't mean to make you sad buddy but it's mine and you know it!
Edit
[-] The following 5 users Like Ariel Dixon's post:
JimCaedus (06-22-2021), Lycana (06-22-2021), Marf (06-22-2021), Thaddeus Duke (06-22-2021), Theo Pryce (06-23-2021)