Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 12:15 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Leap Of Faith 2021 RP Board
Remolding a Legend
HeavensToBetsy Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

05-29-2021, 10:56 PM

Ever since he’d first laid his eyes on her, Poseidon had never taken them off of Medusa. As he watched her fall into her routine with ease, his obsession and passion for her only grew; with it, his hatred and jealousy of Athena. Still bitter over being passed over as Athens chief deity in her favor, now he fumed from just below the water’s surface over being denied the woman that kindled his passion. Knowing he would never have her as a bride while she held fast to her devotion to her goddess, Poseidon had been formulating a plan for his revenge. On this particular afternoon, he waited patiently, knowing it was time to put his plan into action. He watched as Helios made his daily rotation through the land; as he hovered over the water, Medusa appeared, bow in hand and quiver slung over her shoulder. Despite his intentions, Poseidon felt his heart flutter for a moment at the sight of her; no matter how spurned he’d felt at her rejection, it would never take away the beauty he admired. Shaking that thought off, he rises from the surface as she approaches the archery buttes.

Green eyes widen with surprise as she looks over and spots the god rising from the waves. Dropping her bow, she falls to her knees and bows her head before him. A grin tugs at his lips at this supplication, but the sight of Athena’s temple up the hill reminds him of his motivation. Bringing the girl to her feet gently, he cups her cheeks in his palms and gazes deeply into her eyes.

“My one true love...”

He murmurs and allowing reason to leave him, leans in for a kiss. With a gasp, Medusa pulls herself away, though she’s visibly trembling. Her cheeks are scarlet and her eyes are wide and panicked.

“Please... You know I cannot.”

“I know it, my heart; but I beg you to understand and forgive my actions. You’ve captured my very heart, you reside in the deepest parts of my soul; I know I can never have you, but would you indulge a fool in love and allow me to walk you back to the temple?”

Medusa looks unsure of how to reply, so Poseidon catches her with his most disarming smile. It nearly turns to a smirk when he sees how easily it causes the girl to falter; Medusa shakes her head and turns to lead him to the temple. He catches her up and keeps pace and the two quietly return to the stone building. Medusa is shocked to see that it is empty and turns to Poseidon with a confused gaze.

“Normally there is someone else here, a higher-ranked Priestess who would let Athena know you are here to seek an audience. I suppose I cou-”

Before she could finish, Poseidon had grabbed her up into his arms again; she struggled against him desperately, but he held her tightly against him. Kisses begin to land on her bare shoulders, her neck, finally he manages to catch her lips with his and crushes them against her. A soft moan escapes her as she feels the last of her resistance fading and allows herself to fall into him completely. In the heat of his desire, Poseidon pushes Medusa back against a wall and pins her there; a loud cry of pain and pleasure reverberates through the temple as Medusa’s virginity is taken from her. Losing herself to the sensations, Medusa is only vaguely aware of the sin she is committing as Poseidon continues to take her mercilessly. The initial pain begins to turn into overwhelming pleasure and the natures of her cries begin to change; with an evil smile, Poseidon thrusts into her one last time and releases his seed inside of her.

“YOU WOULD DARE?”

The voice came loud and angry, causing the entire temple to shake at its very foundations. Dust and fine rock debris fall from the highest points as Poseidon unceremoniously releases Medusa and allows her to fall to the ground. Naked and ashamed, Medusa scrambles to crawl to the altar and casts herself upon it in mercy.

“Forgive me, my Goddess. I have-”

“SILENCE!”

Athena appears before them, from a cloud of gold on top of Zeus’s eagle. Terror grips Medusa as she stares up at the fantastic sight before her; turning for support, her heart sinks when she realizes that Poseidon was now long gone. Tears sting at the back of her eyes at this betrayal, but she blinks them back as she rises to face her enraged goddess. Athena’s beautiful face is twisted with anger and betrayal as she looks down upon Medusa.

“You would allow yourself to become tainted in my temple of worship? You stupid, foolish child; how could you allow any man or god to take from you which I held most dear?”

Now the tears fall as Medusa looks up to her Goddess, her face hiding nothing of her fears.

“Please, my lady, I beg of you to forgive me.”

Athena only shakes her head and lifts an accusing finger towards Medusa as a reply; moments later, pain begins to course through Medusa’s body, causing her to scream out in agony. She watches with growing horror as her skin takes on a light-green hue and grows scaly and cracked. She touches her face as its shape begins to contort into something grotesque. Grabbing up one of the silver plates from the altar, she braves a glance at her reflection. The screams come unbidden as she stares into the face of a monster; glowing red eyes and hideous features transform the once stunning face into the stuff of nightmares. But worst of all, she watches helplessly as her golden hair becomes a mass of live snakes, slithery and venomous. It’s the last image she remembers before the entire world goes black around her...

“Oh, Atara… Are you truly so shallow that you would grasp at such weak straws to try and discredit me? Let me ask you a real question based on some of the things you’ve been saying recently: If I’m copying the trajectory of your career, how many others before you did YOU imitate, hmmm? You don’t believe you’re the first to jump from the ring to a television set, do you? Nor are you foolish enough to think you are the first person ever to be the introductory champion to a new title, surely. I know I’m giving you a lot of credit right now, as you’ve made it clear that your ego is fragile as it is massive; I wouldn’t want you to think I find you vapid and shallow, now would I? I never accused you of not having any talent or a deep thought now and then, I just don’t want you falsely believing that anything you’ve ever done in this industry has been original or ground-breaking. I don’t give a fuck about breaking a glass ceiling that you never even put there, to begin with.

Of course, my career is going parallel with yours; despite all my high and mighty talking towards Jenny Myst, I’ve allowed my agents to expand my horizons. It was only a matter of time before production companies started knocking at my door as well; I just decided to stop being an uptight twat and answer the call. I’ve faced off against some of the same folks like you with varying results; big deal. They sought me out, not the other way around; all I did was come in and gave it my all. We’re two sides of the same coin, Atty and we always will be. Our destinies have linked us permanently, so for better or for worse, I have to deal with the fact that you are a darker reflection of myself. All the temptations and selfish desires I fight back every day, you caved into without hesitation. You fucked off from Shawn, from me, and just for the record, you can fuck off from James, too.

Oh yes, I wasn’t going to leave that string hanging; you, James, and I know the truth while everyone has continued with their pessimistic speculations. You’ve fed into the rumors with your impressive manipulated photos and videos; it also doesn’t help that James doesn’t fight the things you say, either. It lends suspicion to an already delicate situation and for some reason, he refuses to cut you out of his circle despite all this bullshit you’ve been spewing. It doesn’t change the fact that James went out of his way to prove his innocence to me; I have in my possession every second of security footage from the time you and James spent alone in that house together. And Atty… You are not the mistress. I know some would say ‘But Betsy, isn’t it possible that they saved those activities for another place and time?’. And to that, I’m giving a firm no and standing by James. His reputation may be against him in some circles; hell, we’ve all seen him do some terrible things in his time in the business. But I will NOT allow him to be vilified for acts he never committed. After two and a half years with someone, you get to know them pretty well; James would never be able to look me in the eye if he had anything to hide from me. So all those lies you’ve spouted about you and James, in your failed attempt to demoralize me and get under my skin… You can fucking choke on every word.

You’ve come after me after you and Shawn broke up by coming after what’s mine; I don’t give a fuck about the Shooting Star Title at this point. If you want it back, come fucking take it from me, your overrated piece of trash. I don’t give a good god damn if I walk out of Leap of Faith with the championship or not, because I’ll be walking away with the most valuable prize of all: James. Try as you like, Atara, but you’ll never have him from me; if he wanted you, he would have taken you any time he wanted. I don’t have him locked up with a ball and chain, the man is free to do as he pleases… Luckily, that happens to be me. Every night, for the rest of our lives. It’s going to take more than another wannabe Venus to come in between what James and I have; more to the point, it’s going to take more than Atara Themis to cause Legacy to crumble.

You and your sister are absolutely NOTHING, Atara; all this effort you’ve made to get into my head have been for not. Women like you would do and say anything to get what you want; women like me will always be right there to knock you back into your place. Maybe Shawn was too soft to do what should have been done during March Madness, but I can assure you wholeheartedly that you won’t be facing that same issue with me come Leap of Faith. In this story, Adonis wisely chose steady, loyal Persephone over the intoxicating, temporary allure of Aphrodite. You seem to think James would have any interest in diving into Shawn’s sloppy seconds when he’s got an Impossible Traveler ready to give him the stars themselves; I promise you he doesn’t. You are his friend and he indulges your thirst over Twitter because of it; you and all the other women who are frequently drooling over his shirtless photos and gifs. I can’t say I blame them, he is a blue-ribbon stud, and guess what Atty.

He’s all mine.

So try your best, try your worst, try everything you can. James, like the Shooting Star Title, is staying with me, come what may. And there isn’t a fucking thing you can do to change that. You think being up on the moon is going to grant you access to the gods you worship; but the truth is, you’ll be in my playground, bitch. The stars, the moon… Space itself is my domain and I’m the one who brought you to it. Or have you forgotten so soon in all your egotistical ranting about being held back in the shadows? It doesn’t matter, because once Leap of Faith comes to a close, you’ll understand why you never had a chance.

See you there, Atty.”

Years had passed since that fateful day in Athens, and Medusa had yet to leave the cave to which Athena had banished her. Many had come to slay her at the will of the goddess, but only their rock sculpture remains gave away the fact that there had ever been anyone else there. On this particular day, sitting upon her makeshift throne, a voice in the wind warned her of the arrival of another warrior. Sighing heavily, Medusa slips from her seat and gathers up her weapons; another of Athena’s champions, sent for her head, undoubtedly. Creeping into the shadows, she remains silent as she patiently waits for this newest intruder to make himself known. It isn’t long; footsteps echo off the damp rocks long before the figure appears. The first thing Medusa notices is the resourcefulness of the young man, the way he held his shield before him around corners so that he would catch only her reflection first. She smirks, knowing full well that the tactic would only have a temporary advantage. She takes in the rest of the young man; he’s tall and thin, though with clear muscle definition in his arms and torso. His blonde hair is damp with sweat and clings to his scalp in matted clumps. His curious eyes dart around cautiously, sword held out and ready just in case. A chuckle escaped her lips, bouncing loudly off the rocks and causing the young man to jump.

“Show yourself!”

He calls out in a confident, clear voice that doesn’t match his reaction to her giggles. Rolling her eyes, Medusa remains in the shadows as she replies.

“I don’t think you want me to do that; surely you’ve seen what happens when I appear?”

“Reveal yourself, foul creature, and meet your fate with dignity!”

“Who are you, boy? I always like to know the name of Athena’s newest champion before he meets the same fate as the others.”

She watches with gleeful resentment as his confidence falters for a moment. His eyes sweep the room nervously, once again taking in the many figures of men who had tried before him in his task and failed. Quickly, he straightens up and stiffens his shoulders, tightening his grip on his sword.

“I am Perseus, sent by Athena to claim the head of the hideous hag who dwells in these rocks; I seek the one who betrayed her long ago.”

Years of grief-stricken rage and bitterness consume her as her face contorts into an expression of agony. Memories come back unbidden, and she begins to weep, exhausted suddenly by the self-hatred and loneliness.

“Indeed, it should be you that slays the beast this day, Perseus; take care not to look into my face, lest you share the fate of these hapless fools before you. Take my head to your goddess as patronage and revel in the rewards she would bestow upon you for such success.”

Slowly, her head held carefully down, she retreats from the shadows and reveals herself through the thin light between the rocks. Perseus backs away with a gasp of horror, disgusted by the woman before him. Medusa nods, getting to her knees, her head still hanging low.

“My only request is that you are swift; one strong swing of your sword to end my misery.”

Perseus holds the sword high over his head, prepared to swing when something in her voice stays in his hand. Looking upon the wretched monster before him, pity suddenly sweeps through him; setting down his sword, he kneels in the dirt before her and places a hand on her shoulder.

“How did you end up here?”

The question is spoken softly and unexpectedly that Medusa lets out a startled gasp and looks up. They lock eyes and her heart stops with fear, realizing that she’d just sentenced this stranger to death. But as they continue to stare, nothing happens to him. Confused, Medusa covers her face. Perseus, ever patient, pulls her hands away and continues to look at her steadily.

“How did this happen to you, Medusa? Who did this to you and why?"

“It was Athena after Poseidon betrayed me...”

And as the words tumbled from her lips, Perseus listened with fascination as his intentions began to change with Medusa’s words. Though his loyalties and worship went to Athena, Medusa’s story moved him deeply. Thinking of his journey and hardships, he looks to the woman before him and he begins to see the remains of the beauty she’d once been. Knowing there would be hell to pay, Perseus makes his fateful decision.

“The gods would use us as pawns and throw us away to our fate without another thought. What has happened to you is cruel and unjustified; I find myself compelled to help you. Allow me to spare your life and together, we will take revenge on all those who would wrong us.”

Medusa looks to Perseus in surprise, her naturally green eyes shining through the glowing red for a moment.

“You risk incurring the wrath of your goddess; are you sure this is the path you wish to take?”

“It is the only path I wish to take moving onward; will you journey it with me? Together, we will take our revenge on anyone who would wrong us and take everything the gods would withhold from us.”

Rising to his feet, Perseus looks down at Medusa and holds out his hand to her. She hesitates, fearing that this would be little more than an elaborate trick to lower her guard; after several agonizing moments of indecision, she finally accepts his hand and allows him to pull her gently to her feet. They remain there, hands clasped and locked in a gaze as history begins to reshape all around them…

FORMER [Image: 8pr1Az7.png]
[Image: 4kPKNss.gif]
[Image: 2WKryJ5.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like HeavensToBetsy's post:
Andre Dixon (05-30-2021), Atara Raven (05-30-2021), Lycana (05-30-2021), Theo Pryce (05-30-2021)