Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 03:37 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » March Madness 2021 PPV Board
What a Story THAT'D Be!
Champ Sportsman Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-24-2021, 05:37 PM

"What a story THAT'D be!"

It was all people could talk about since Champ Sportsman was announced as a surprise participant in the 2nd Chance Battle Royal.

Champ heard it from his teammates.

"Can you imagine how big it would be if you won the whole damn thing?!? What a story THAT'D be!"

He saw it on the news.

"If Champ Sportsman can pull off the upset at March Madness, it'll be one for the record books, that's for sure!"

"What a story THAT would be!"

He even had random people coming up and saying it to him on the streets.

"Champ Sportsman!!! Can I get your autograph?!? I wanna sell it on eBay when you win and become KING Sportsman! Man, what a story THAT'D be!"

Champ understood how big of a deal it would be to walk away with a victory, but he also knew it wasn't something that was just gonna HAPPEN. Every story needed an author and Champ's was no different. If his was ever going to turn out the way he and everyone else had envisioned, it was gonna have to be written perfectly. Word by word, chapter by chapter. However, in order for that to happen, there was one loose ended that needed to be tied off............... Miss Megan Reno.

Champ wasn't proud of the way things went down between the two of them. It got to a point where he'd get SO coked out of his mind, he wasn't aware his girlfriend was in the room holding his hand, half the time. Eventually, Megan got tired of always having to hold HIS hand, when she desperately needed someone to hold her own! Champ was so busy loathing himself, he didn't have time to love anyone else. In Miss Reno's own words: "How can I love someone who doesn't even love himself?" It was the last thing she said before walking out the door for the final time.

But Champ was ready to right those wrongs and pick back up where the two of them left off. That was why he'd taken 2 cabs, multiple subway rides, and 1 bus just to get within a few blocks of Miss Reno's place. In the short timespan they dated for, he'd never actually BEEN to Megan's house but, after making a few phone calls, he was able to track down the address and GPS his way to it. (Remember, it's only creepy if they don't love you, too!)

As Champ walked up his ex's driveway, a bouquet of roses in one hand and a box of chocolates in the other, he noticed a hot red convertible similar to the one driven by Miami Cuban's Quarterback, Enrique Gonzalez, parked in outside the garage. The car seemed well out of a sports journalist's pay grade, but he figured maybe she'd gone a little crazy since the breakup, too. He'd have no problem paying the car off for her the moment she's back in his arms.

Champ made his way up onto her porch and rang the door bell. Like the slick, if not creepy, mother fucker he was, Sportsman held the flowers and chocolate in front of the peephole so Miss Reno couldn't see who it was. This prompted her to open the door and damn near have a heart attack upon seeing her former boyfriend.

"Oh my God......... CHAMP?!?" Megan exclaimed with a hand on her chest. "What are you doing here???" She tightened the tie around her robe so nothing would be exposed.

Champ gave her an awkward smile. "This is me getting my priorities straight," he explained, shoving the gifts in her face. "I'm ready to go all in on us, baby. No more Selfish Sportsman or Champ-a-Cola, just you, me, and the future............. and from where I'm standing, that future looks bright!!!!!"

Despite pouring his heart out the only way Champagne Sportsman knows how, Megan Reno wasn't too quick to take the bouquet or box of chocolates. "Champ.................. I don't know what to say...................."

"Don't say anything," Champ insisted, holding his finger(and the clump of flowers) up to her mouth. "Please, just find it in your heart to forgive, and accept, me as the man I was BEFORE the drugs, and alcohol, consumed my life. I love you, Megan Reno, and want to spend the rest of my life with you................."

Champ reached into the bouquet and pulled out the most insane diamond ring a millionaire could buy, before getting down on one knee and presenting it to Miss Reno.

[Image: s6VMlHm.jpg]

"Oh Champ....................." she responded, unfortunately for the Triathlete, with pity rather than excitement.

"Oh Champ, yes?" Sportsman asked. Despite the dark tone in Miss Reno's voice, Champ held out hope that maybe she just didn't want to get married quite yet, which was fine by him. As long as she was willing to be with him, Champ didn't care what they labeled themselves; all that mattered was them being together. There'd be plenty of time for marriage and kids down the road.

"Oh Champ, no," Megan made clear with a frown, causing Champ to drop the box of chocolates, spilling them all over her porch.

"I know I messed up," Champ confessed, tears sliding down his cheeks. "But I'm not that guy, anymore, Megan; I gave up all the drugs and alcohol! I'm getting myself back into shape and working on becoming, not only a better athlete, but MAN as well! Please, give me one more chance to give you the life you deserve.......... the one we BOTH do!"

Megan looked hesitant to answer but, luckily for her, she didn't have to, as the next few moments made everything clear as day for Champ Sportsman.

"Who is it, honey?" a familiar, male voice called out from the dark void behind Miss Reno. The man took a few steps forward and put his arm around Megan, revealing himself to be none other than Miami Cubans Quarterback, Enrique Gonzalez................ in the nude! Champ's jaw dropped almost as far as his heart sank seeing the man his team beat to win their only Ultra Bowl.

"Oh.............. uh, hey, Champ!" Gonzalez managed to blurt out upon seeing his current lover's ex at the door. He reached inside and grabbed a pillow to cover up his massive penis that hung all the way down to his knees. How was Champ supposed to compete with THAT?!

"I see how it is," Champ finally spoke, his broken heart turning into rage. "I hit rock bottom and you just move on............" Sportsman snapped his fingers before finishing his statement. "Like that?"

"Champ, please..........."

The Triathlete was in no mood to listen. "Oh no, I gave you the chance to speak and you didn't want to!" he interrupted, dropping the ring and flowers at her feet.

"Do you want me to take care of this?" the Miami Quarterback asked his new beau, chest puffed out to intimidate Champ.

"No, it's alright," she sighed, motioning for him to go back inside. "This is the closure he never got because he was too coked out of his mind for an actual break up." Enrique nodded, turning around and disappearing into the living room, but not before shooting Sportsman one last dirty look.

"Yeah, yeah, where's that Ultra Bowl ring, tough guy?" Champ bragged, showing off his off. "I can't believe you're seeing HIM!"

"Well, what did you want me to do, wait until you finally snapped out of it long enough to apologize and do it all over again?!? Because that's exactly what I DID, Champ........... over and over again! When would it have been fair for me to call it quits without feeling like an absolute bitch?!? One Month? Two months?? SIX?!? How 'bout a year?!?!??! Champ, it got SO bad, I wasn't even sure you'd live long enough to make it to your next birthday! What was I suppose to do, sit back and watch you kill yourself?!? I couldn't watch the man I loved die any longer, it was time for me to move on and be around people who DIDN'T drag me down. And I know that hurts you to hear, but I assure you it hurts ME alot more to say!"

Megan stopped herself from continuing, realizing she had just laid into one of the biggest sports icons the world had ever seen, nearly leaving him broken on her front porch. As much as it pained her to say, she too needed the very same closure she claimed Champ was in need of. But, rather than getting any, she'd just left the two of them even MORE heartbroken than they already were.

Champ didn't have anything to say. He knew she was right about everything, and he was just angry she held herself together better than HE ever could. There was no reason to be angry, at least not at her. Champ Sportsman did this to himself.

With that, the Triathlete turned and walked away from the love of his life. He hoped that, for her sake, Enrique Gonzalez was a better boyfriend than he was Quarterback. Champ had spent so much time being the hero of his own story, he didn't think he could ever be the villain of someone else's. But that's exactly what he was in Megan Reno's eyes: a coke fiend who'd rather sleep with a bottle of whiskey than his significant other. It was hard to see at the time, but the only problem with Champ Sportsman WAS Champ Sportsman.

He knew he could turn it around but, like any other harrowing redemption story, he was gonna have to write it. It was gonna be hard without Megan by his side, but he knew this was only a chapter and that the entire book had yet to be written. There would be plenty of time for the 'Win Your Girl Back' arc, as well as the 'Fuck Up The Guy Who Stole Your Girl' angle. For the moment, though, all Champ needed to focus on was the 'Win At March Madness' plot. What a story THAT'D be...........................

"Some people think that because Champ Sportsman struck out the first time he stepped up to the plate of XWF, he doesn't have a chance his next time at bat. Can you imagine what baseball would look like had every player who struck out their first career at bat quit?!? It wouldn't exist!!! Hall of Famers wouldn't have set records, Championships never would've been won! You'd be calling the Triathlete the Bi-athlete, because I never would've picked up a bat, again!!!!! But thank God you're NOT calling me that............. I can just imagine the ridicule I'd get for THAT nickname."

"Speaking of name calling, I hear Andre Dixon thinks MY name sounds like a stripper's?! Congratulations, Andre, you just realized something I figured out when I was FIVE!!! Why the hell do you think I go by Champ??? You think THAT'S any better?!? I WISH my parents weren't a couple of drunks who named me after their beverage of choice but, unfortunately, we don't get to choose our family............... we CAN, however, change our names and that's EXACTLY what I did! I'm honestly surprised you went after my first name and completely ignored the irony of my last one, but hey, you're obviously not too bright if you don't see me as a threat. Just because I play things clean doesn't mean I don't know how to get down and dirty. All being a good sport means to me is not gloating TOO much after I whoop your ass! I'll still take that handshake, though."

"While we're on the subject of good ole boys, how 'bout we talk about The Notorious One himself, Ned Kaye.............. Or would you prefer the Nefarious One? I only ask 'cause I'd rather not find myself on the receiving end of an Edgar-esque beatdown! Now, I'm not saying you were responsible for that or anything, I'm just saying the footage don't lie! That wasn't a puppet, or some low budget CGI, it was a PERSON............. one who looked exactly like YOU! Either you're not being completely honest with us, or someone is spending MILLIONS of dollars on Michael Bay's special effects. I'm not gonna lean one way or another, all I'll say is I feel disrespected by you, Ned. When Big D was training me for High Stakes, he said you were the future of this company and a genuine good guy, a rarity in this business. But would a good guy blow over Champ Sportsman like he was Captain Future or Liam Robert's? Hell, I'm pretty sure you had more to say about Liam than you did the Triathlete! I 'sweat opportunity instead of utilizing it', huh? That's why I won the Ultra Bowl my first season playing football, right? Or why I was Rookie of the Year in baseball? I may not have won at High Stakes, but at least I was there! While YOU were busy winning an undercard belt nobody's cared about since Tony Santos lost it, I was competing for THE Championship. Did I lose my Debut match in a Battle Royal? Sure, but do you know who else did? Ned Kaye...................... stay humble, Ned."

"You know who's like a dumbed down, less athletic Ned Kaye? Charlie Nickles. Apparently he thinks my name works harder than I do, a bold statement for someone who hasn't defended his Title since the Demos were created!!! And I'm talkin' about the ATHENS Demos, not the man made delusion Charlie created. Can't say I blame him, though, I'd hide behind a mask, too, if I was Charlie Nickles. Braggin' about being the longest reigning Television Champion while teaming with Jim against the worst Tag Team since A.G.K., instead of defending his belt. But, hey, at least you got to lose to the Tag Team Champions, right? You're getting pretty good at losing to your superiors, aren't ya, Charlie? Sarah Lacklan, Thaddeus Duke, Corey................. it's really no wonder your only claim to fame is being the greatest TV Champion in XWF history. Congratulations! I'm sure they'll build you a statue outside of headquarters to commemorate such a fantastic feat! You'll be just like Doug Pederson and Nick Foles, remembered for the one night lady luck was on your side, even when the odds were not! You think I came here to play?! I don't play either, Charlie, I COMPETE!!!!! You and Andre don't think I can get down and dirty?................ WELL HERE I AM!!!!! I don't need to cheat in order to hit you below the belt, I'll let my performance speak for itself. The ultimate nut punch is defeating your enemies."

"And that brings me to the ball handler himself, Doctor D'Ville; as well as the walking nutsack, Shawn Warstein. You guys disappoint me. Instead of focusing on the task at hand, you're letting yourself get distracted by menial things. Sleep. Women. Each other. This isn't gonna be some dream match-up between Fuzz & the Doctor, there's a third wheel here and his name is Champ Sportsman! Neither of you have ANY respect for the participants in this Battle Royal, despite the fact the winner will be fresher than both of you combined! It's one thing to disrespect Dean Rose or Kris Von Bonn, but it's another thing entirely to do it to the Triathlete!!!!! I'm more focused than you, in better shape than you(before AND after the six pack), I have nothing to lose, and everything to gain! If one of YOU pins ME, it's expected, but if I pin one of YOU, it'll be the upset of the century! Who knows? Maybe I'll drag BOTH of your unconscious bodies to the center of the ring and assert my dominance as the new King of XWF with a crowning pinfall over not one, but TWO Legends of the business.............. MAN, what a story that'd be!!!!"
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Champ Sportsman's post:
Charlie Nickles (03-24-2021), Dean Rose (03-26-2021), Sil (03-24-2021), Theo Pryce (03-25-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (03-25-2021)