Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:07 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » March Madness 2021 PPV Board
The Quiet Storm: Issue 1
NA Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-23-2021, 04:24 PM Smile  The Quiet Storm: Issue 1 -->

She had done it. Solace Tatum had knocked out last year's finalist Hanari Carnes to enter the Elite 8 and its other contenders. It seemed like the Quiet Storm moniker was beginning to be a fitting ring name for Solace, and with each win, her momentum was only increasing.

When she saw her next match at the Pay Per View would be Miss Fury, a sudden chill ran down her spine, knowing that her wish of avoiding any drama was certainly unrealistic now. For one, she had developed bad blood with the B.o.B's owner, Big Money Oswald, and now, the leader of the B.o.B., Miss Fury, was next in line.

Solace supposed that it was a pipe dream to go through this organization and find success without having to confront the "evil" that lived in the XWF, but not even a month in, and the B.o.B. had her on their recruitment list. Now, she would be facing off against two of the B.o.B. and what made matters worse, Miss Fury would certainly pull Solace into the sights of the Left Hand as well.

This isn't, particularly, the place Solace had hoped to find herself. She had seen the other XWF shows and even on Anarchy, the cults had made their presence known. So far, Solace had avoided their attention but facing off against the B.o.B. and now Miss Fury, it was clear that it wouldn't be avoidable for much longer.

Her research had been started while looking into Oswald and she was right. If she had been quicker, she may have defeated a giant at Anarchy, but she failed to slip away from his grasp and it cost her. Now, she will focus on Miss Fury, and what her history is. She would focus on her past mistakes, hone in on her pattern of failures, and hopefully pinpoint an exact weakness.

It wasn't long before Solace would jump awake after dozing off while sitting at her laptop. She would blink it away but again, she would doze off. Eventually, her body chose for her, and she had laid down her head before her keyboard to give her mind a rest.

The intense focus and repetitive thoughts of her topic of the study had become embedded in her subconscious and while asleep she found herself in the fantastical world that the B.o.B. perpetuated as their true reality.

Solace sneaks into the dark, abandoned warehouse, carefully placing her foot over broken glass as she navigates through a long corridor. She can see beyond the other side of it and how it opens into a vast space that surely will provide her a less claustrophobic environment. Her heart is racing, wondering if her father is here, and as she walks through the frame way of the hall, she sees her father suspended in the air a tank that she can only assume is an acid-based on the steam rising from its surface.

[Image: 4v349n5.png]

Solace: Daddy!

She begins to charge towards him, her eyes lighting up with the orange glow of her inner-powers but before she can lift her body and fly to him, she is constrained by enormous arms suddenly wrapped around her body, holding her from getting an inch closer.

Oswald: Not so fast, my young recruit!

Solace: I'll never join the BoB! Now release me!

Voice: Aw, a true shame to hear those words, Miss Tatum.

Solace turns her face to the female voice.

[Image: qBPgmt0.png?2]

Solace: Miss Fury...

Miss Fury: In the flesh... and speaking of flesh...

Miss Fury turns to Solace's father and aims a small remote towards him. Solace watches as her Daddy begins to descend towards the acid.

[Image: 14bwOc4.png?1]

Solace: No!

Fury stops the process and turns to Solace once again.

"THEN JOIN US!" Miss Fury's spit escapes with the word join, "Or watch how Daddy Soup is made!"

Daddy: Don't do it, Solace! Don't give in!

Solace: Oh, Daddy...

Oswald: You have no control here. Only I have the control! Join us...

Solace: I said... (her eyes begin to glow orange.) RELEASE ME!

Blinding light escapes her eyes and crawls in every direction forcing Miss Fury to shield her face from the illuminating assault. Oswald turns his face to hide his eyes and feels his strength faltering until...

Oswald: I summon the shadows of the fallen!!

And suddenly, the sharp and aggressive branches of light are attacked from all sides by a similar branch but of a darker force. The light and darkness struggle for dominance but they are too powerful for Solace's powers and run back into her eyes as the shadows surround her, reaching their tips around her face and towards her eyes.

[Image: 4WX0zbw.png?1]

Miss Fury: It is futile, my dear. It is time to join us. No more fighting.

Solace is exhausted, her eyes fill with tears, unable to save her Daddy from these villains, she begins to accept her inevitable descent into the darkness, especially, if it means her father would survive.

Solace: I'm sorry, Daddy...

Miss Fury: Good choice! Join us. Let the BoB guide you and let us move through you and let evil win the day once and for all!

Solace: I have no choice...

Oswald: Embrace our power! You will be a fine member of the Brotherhood of Baddies!

Miss Fury: And then... using your abilities, you will finish our mission of spreading evil through-out the world... and take that world for ourselves!

Solace: ...How?

Oswald: My shadows will blot out the sun!

Miss Fury: You idiot! Don't tell her- ugh, well, if you must know... yes, we will blot out the sun!

Solace: And then... what...?

Miss Fury: It's simple, Miss Tatum... with your powers at our disposal, we will harness your abilities and enhance them! And when the world becomes desperate for energy, they will have no other choice but to go through the B.O.B!! Muahahaha

Oswald: The world will be ours to rule! Muahahaha

Daddy: Solace... don't do it! You are better than they are!

Oswald: Silence!

Miss Fury: You are saved, Father Tatum... but at this point, any further resistance will cost you dearly!

Solace: Daddy, please don't... just listen to them! Please! Make my sacrifice worth it!

Miss Fury laughs and Oswald joins in with her, the black crawling close enough to enter her eyes and nose.

Daddy: Your light... is greater... than the darkness! FIND IT!

Miss Fury: That's enough, old man!

Miss Fury lifts the remote and clicks the button to lower his chain.

Solace: No! We had a deal! I agreed to join you if you let my Father go!

But they continue to watch him descend.

Solace: Daddy!

Daddy: I love you! Don't let them win!

Solace: Please! Don't do this!

And they simply continue to laugh maniacally as Solace has no other choice than to watch her father come within a foot of the bubbling, hot acid.

Something inside of Solace abandons that dreadful sense of futility... an ignition of the pure and unshakable will begins to fester from the deepest pockets of her inner self. Her heart begins to burn and then her chest as a whole begins to seemingly expand with immense energy that she's never before experienced. Her throat feels like a dragon preparing to torch the world in a single breath, rising from a place she didn't know existed in her, and now beginning to escape through her eyes as a bright shade between yellow and white.

Big Money Oswald's shadows begin to Synge at their tips, disintegrating and then fighting to grow towards Solace's orifices, only to burn again. Solace feels the power of a million suns forcing their way out of her as her father, even moments away from certain death, shields his eyes from her blinding light.

Miss Fury: Stop her!

Oswald: YOU THINK I'M NOT TRYING!!!

Miss Fury: Then I will!

Miss Fury chucks the remote to the ground and throws her fist with unimaginable force and as her knuckles meet Solace's face, an explosive arc of uncontrollable energy detonates from Solace. Both Miss Fury and Oswald are thrown in opposite directions and the shadows summoned by Big Money are completely eradicated.

[Image: 7w0NaGm.png?1]

From their backs, their heads tip forward to see Solace Tatum, now an illuminating woman hovering five feet above them. Her eyes so bright that Miss Fury can't bear to look.

Solace looks to her father, his foot beginning to enter the very top of the tank's acid, and at the speed of light, she flies and lifts him from his fate, using a beam of focused white light to melt the chain and free her father.

She lowers herself with him in her arms back to safety on the warehouse's floor.

Daddy: That's my girl...

Solace smiles until she notices Miss Fury and Oswald scrambling to each other.

Daddy: Let em' have it, baby.

Solace turns to them both cowering on the floor several feet away from where they stand.

Solace: I think it's about time the B.O.B. sees the light...

Miss Fury: Young girl, don't waste your power on us! You have great potential to make this world how you want it!

Solace: Nobody has that power... but I know how I can the world a little less dark...

Miss Fury: No...

As a last-ditch effort, Oswald throws up his hands to summon his shadow creatures just as Solace lifts her own glowing hands towards him. An energy beam of incredible yellow and white light shoots into Oswald's evil shadows and then into Miss Fury and Oswald himself in a glorious show of heroic justice.

[Image: gLPe6dh.png?1]

Solace lowers her hands once they are subdued, her powers subsiding back into her soul, and she drops to her knees exhausted. Her father drops to his knees as well, holding her shoulders in a comforting way as his daughter attempts to collect her energy.

Daddy: You are shaking...

Solace: Yeah... I've never done that before...

Daddy: It was always inside of you, Sol. No matter what you think your limits are... with you, there's always more. You're my hero.

Solace: No, Daddy... You're mine.

Suddenly, to both of their surprises, a sudden movement behind them startles Solace into a fighting stance, her eyes glowing just as before. As she and her father analyze what they are seeing, the glow in her eyes finally returns to normal. It doesn't seem to be a threat, but more, a confusing arrival of two strange men struggling to roll a squeaky cart over broken glass. On the cart seems to be a motionless dolphin.

Jim: Don't mind us... just doin' what we do.

Solace: What the F-

BEEP BEEP BEEP. Solace is startled awake by the alarm on her phone. Her heart pounds as she comes to terms with the intense dream she just had and understanding where she fell asleep; studying for March Madness.

Solace: That was... something.

Solace looks down at her hands, holding them in fists, fantasizing about having the powers that she had in her dream.

Solace: That would be soooo cool.

Her hands cover his face, digging into the corner of her eyes to wake herself up fully. She wonders if maybe she's been studying her opponents too much.

Solace: Dreaming of Oswald. Jesus.

Solace shakes off the dream like a dog shakes off the wet and presses a button on her keyboard to wake up her laptop screen the same. She remembers when she sees the XWF logo that they want four promos before the event to really get this pay-per-view in the minds of people, and Commissioner Lacklan made it clear to hit harder than ever before. She also made it clear to Solace that she hated The Quiet Storm moniker, but Solace stood her ground, making it clear that she liked the name and that her father helped coin it. So, Solace would keep it. After all, that's how they will see Solace after March Madness... a quiet storm that nobody had expected to roll in as strong as she will.

She heads to the Promo page for XWF and positions herself in the center of the camera's view, then hits record to begin speaking.

Solace: I just want to say, first and foremost, I love your confidence!! Someone who doesn't know me might hear your bullshit promo and think 'got herrrr' and that's cute that you think I am cutting extra promos to fix a narrative that wasn't true, to begin with! You are proud that you are in my head... don't be. I let everyone get into my head. It's always so special when your enemy thinks they know everything about you, sometimes, I just let their imaginations run wild as yours has. And what an imagination you have!

You can talk, that's for sure... but talk is cheap... so cheap, that even someone like you might be mistaken as someone who knows what the fuck they are saying. So, the Brotherhood of Baddies, with their dark powers of super-villainy. What is it like trying to conquer the world from the binds of professional wrestling? How does that even work? You can't even take over the XWF... isn't that why you joined the Left Hand? Can't beat 'em, join 'em? What happened to "Join US" when it came to The Left Hand? Miss Fury changed her slogan to "Join Them!" Some dominance your brotherhood has! A billionaire who is about to lose his Billion Dollar Title to a girl a third of his size, and a leader who doesn't know if she wants to be in her own cult, or the better one? Make up your mind!

How could you even keep a straight face when asking people to "Join B.O.B." while you answer to another cult. It's actually a little sad. It's almost like you influenced at one time, you had numbers at one time, but now, you are playing catch up and doing anything you can to stay relevant, even if it means becoming just a number yourself. That's just what you are, a number... and at March Madness, that number will be 0. Zero wins for the evening. Zero Solace Tatums joining B.o.B. and just a zero for being you... A big ol' ZERO.

Frankly, I sat down with Commissioner Lacklan and asked, "Just what do I need to know going into this match against Miss Fury?" and she literally, and i'm not joking here, laughed out loud. Now, someone might ask, "Solace, why would you listen to just Lacklan over Miss Fury?" Well, let's consider this... How many seconds has Miss Fury held the XWF Universal Championship? ZERO. (There's that number again.) That's right, and Commissioner Lacklan has never actually lost the Universal Title... that's ZERO times defeated for it. That's a pretty different set of circumstances between one rival and the other. Truthfully, I don't even see how it's a rivalry... one is a zero, the other is a legend.

Maybe you should stick to your world domination elsewhere, Miss Fury, because dominating Anarchy, March Madness, or Solace Tatum just doesn't seem to be within your range of possibility. I'm not going to ask you if this is just something you do to get attention... it would make sense, but you guys might just be delusional enough to actually believe you could somehow bring the entire world to its knees... the entire... world. You barely defeated Shawn Wylde, the guy who dresses up like a superhero.

Then you have the nerve to mock me for wanting to win with honor so I can impress my Daddy? You think that's why I lost? Okay. You are free to believe whatever you'd like... keep that same energy when we meet in the ring... see how well you do underestimate what I can and can't achieve.

Yeah, you sound like you know me and what I'm about, but you are gravely misinformed, which is going to cost you. I don't underestimate my opponents, in fact, I try to over-estimate them... but I will say one thing I have picked up about you. You are a total mess. You have no idea who you really are... it's pretty obvious this whole get-up you prance around in is an identity crisis, and wow, sound the alarm, you are screaming for help. Sucking up to Sarah Lacklan, endless efforts to prove yourself to Vita Valenteen, unable to make a decision that isn't decided by a flip of a coin. Do you even know who you are? Truthfully, I think that's the problem. You can't focus on one thing long enough to truly answer that question. You are inconsistent... you are scatter-brained... and you lack the conviction needed to be your true self... and yet here you are trying to question me? I know who I am, I don't have an issue with focus, I'm consistent, sharp-minded, and my conviction is unbendable... I know my true self... and I know that you are just another cheap gimmick that thinks being edgy will scare people into taking you seriously, but i'm not scared... and I definitely don't take you seriously.

I'm done playing nice with you BoB clowns. Do you think I'm naive? Do you think i'm afraid to do what needs to be done? Try me, you little bitch. I have a win over Kenzi Gray. I have a win over last year's March Madness finalist. I'm soon to be the next Miss Anarchy. Maybe the next Miss Savage or Miss Warfare... and after this tournament, maybe even the next Miss XWF, and you'll still just be the unavailing, dull, and over-rated Miss Fury. After this, you're going to want to wear that mask full time. After this, you aren't going to want to show that face around XWF, especially at Anarchy.

You can take it personally because it is. See ya soon, little bitch.Oh, and don't worry about me... I'll be just fine.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like NA's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (03-24-2021), ALIAS (03-24-2021), Doctor Louis D'Ville (03-23-2021), Miss Fury (03-26-2021), R.L. Edgar (03-24-2021), Theo Pryce (03-24-2021)