Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 02:03 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » March Madness 2021 PPV Board
I'll take the W. You keep the Belt. Probably smells like shit anyway.
NA Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-23-2021, 07:39 AM Smile  I'll take the W. You keep the Belt. Probably smells like shit anyway. -->

One Year Ago

She panted as her stamina was tested. Her body sore, still unconditioned to the falls and hits that accompany professional wrestling. Her mind sharp, but still learning with each and every competition as she battles her way through her fifth match with four wins and zero losses. Her opponent, Russian native Annika "Prizrak" Lazarev was known for her slick motions that allowed her cheap shots that seemingly by-passed the referee's attention. Solace knew this going into the fight, studied her opponent and her known tactics, and would bet her entire 'Warriors of the Orient Wrestling' paycheck of 650 Yuan that her technique would out-smart this particular opponent.

The match was only minutes in before Solace felt "The Russian Ghost's" teeth snip at the skin of her chest causing her to release her headlock on the other woman. With total shock in her gaze, Solace paused to process whether or not that actually just happened, and the distraction cost her, as a sudden dropkick recoiled against her upper body.

Solace fell to the mat, sensing her opponent rising to their feet and moving to her quickly. Solace twists herself around and jumps up to meet her Russian opponent, ducking a high spinning kick to run for the ropes. With amazing agility, Solace recalibrated her focus and bounced off, returning to her opponent with a crossbody block and made a quick cover.

The three-count stops to Solace's surprise, gandering up at the Chinese referee to understand why. He points behind and when she turns her head, she sees Annika's foot over the bottom rope. Solace was frustrated and as she climbed to her feet, Annika grabbed a fistful of her dark hair and yanked it down so hard Solace fell back down to the mat.

She held her head at the roots that were yanked, wincing in pain as she searched for her opponent who had arisen once again. As Solace recovered to stand, she turned to find Annika rushing at her with full momentum from the opposite side of the ring hoping to catch Tatum with a flying fist, but Solace dodged, running to the ropes herself and back to attempt a similar variation of that very move.

As Annika dodged, she reached back and once again grabbed hold of Solace's hair, pulling her back with a violent whip that would've given any normal person whiplash, and forced Solace hard to the mat against her own momentum. Solace had tears in her eyes after the back of her head slammed against the unforgiving surface of the WOW mat. She heard ringing in her ears, and before she could roll out of her current state, she heard the sounds of spring and then the impact of a falling body crushing her stomach. She felt Annika making the cover and wanted to kick-out, but suddenly, to the referee's back, Annika's leg stretched out and she planted a knee on Solace's hair- making it impossible for Tatum to lift her upper body and thus her shoulders.

The count makes it all the way to three and the match is over. Solace Tatum suffered her first loss at the WOW, but, it was done cheaply and without honor. This didn't change the outcome, but it would change how Solace Tatum would evolve going forward.

PRESENT DAY

Her mind was polluted with thoughts of self-hate as she lifts her body weight up from the floor. She hasn't bothered to count the push-ups, she only knows she has the will to always do one more. Her arms have been shaking since the loss at Anarchy, before from frustration, and now from pushing the limits of her exercises. She wants to correct the wrongs and undo her failure and the very fact that she couldn't be enough to drive this perfectionist insane. She couldn't forgive herself for getting caught... and she wouldn't let herself forget that she had failed.

She struggles to get another push-up in, her body running on pure conviction, she roars as her arms simply cannot lift another pound. Her phone rings, but she ignores it, angry again for not being able to get just one more push-up in. She lets the phone ring and when it stops, it begins to ring a second round.

"What!" She grabs her phone aggressively and turns to see "Daddy" with his picture on the screen. She contemplates answering it, but she decides not to, putting her phone back down as it continues to finish out the ringing. She returns to the push-up position, but as she lifts herself up, she notices the beep indicating a voicemail had been left. Her guilt gets the best of her and she abandons the push-ups to see what her Daddy wanted. She clicks the voicemail button and hits the play message to hear her father's voice.

Daddy: Hey baby girl, I am just checking in with you. I know you had a bad match this past Thursday and I know you are probably dodging everybody right now. If that's the case, I understand... but I know how a first loss gets to you and I hope you remember your very very first loss back at home. It was tough for you then just as this probably was for you now, so it's important to think back to how you handled it before, and maybe it'll help you going forward... anyway, I love you... call me back. Bye."

Solace turns off the screen, her mind travels back to the match he is referencing; her first loss after a similar winning streak while wrestling for W.O.W. in China.

ONE YEAR AGO AGAIN

After her first loss to Annika The Ghost, Solace had beaten herself up over her failure. She had great momentum and, in her mind, this loss put the brakes on it. She blamed Annika first, then blamed the referee, but ultimately, she blamed herself more than anything. How could she not have seen it coming? How could she let herself fall victim to something she knew was a possibility? She felt stupid and during her analytical troubleshooting, her blame shifted to the length of her hair.

Her father, being her manager, found Solace in her room after she failed to show up for training. He knocked, and after hearing the sound of metal chirping, he entered uninvited to find Solace with scissors attempting to shorten her hair.

Daddy: Solace, what are you thinking? (He walks up to her as she continues cutting off strand after strand.)

Solace: Cutting this stupid hair off. I'm so stupid for keeping it this long.

Daddy: Baby, this isn't the way...

Solace: I don't see another way, Daddy! If my hair wasn't this long, she couldn't have used it against me.

Daddy: Sol, people are going to use anything they can against you. If you don't have long hair, they'll just find something else. It's what those kinds of people do. You gotta use this. (He knocks on his own head with two fingers.)

Solace: How? What am I not getting!

Daddy: Take a breath... open your mind...

It wouldn't be a long time before Solace and Annika would meet again, and even leading up to the event, Solace had trained harder than before and studied her opponent more than she had the first time, and yet... these things didn't help her against an opponent willing to break the rules. She did, however, take her father's advice.

As she awaits her match to be up, she reaches into her duffle bag and retrieves a small bottle of hair grease. She pours some into her palm and applies it to her hair, but it's not enough. She couldn't afford the misstep, so she poured the rest of the bottle on top of her head and used her fingers to mix the grease in her hair.

The match started, and knowing how their last encounter went, Annika kept a grin on her face. During tie-ups, she'd try to get a quick stomp on Solace's toes or try to hold Solace's tights when making quick covers, but Solace was able to avoid the tricks. Finally, when Annika knew she had to resort to her cheating ways, she waited for the opportunity and with both hands grabbed Solace's hair just as before, but this time, Solace's hair slipped right from Annika's grasp, causing her to stumble back and lose balance. As she regained it, to her surprise, Solace delivers the nastiest, truest super-kick she had done so far in her career. The sound of her boot connecting against Annika's jaw made the audience halt in horror. Solace makes the cover and wins the match, fair and square.

PRESENT DAY

She now knows what she must do. She lifts her phone and begins recording.

Solace Tatum: I said it before and I'll say it again: I don't mind losing to a better competitor but at Anarchy when you had to rely on your brute strength in order to pause my superior technical skills, you said a whole lot about your character. It screamed that even you don't believe you can beat me without cheap tactics but I've accepted that loss as a loss because, in the end, that's what it was. You didn't necessarily break any rules, but for a guy your size to pull some weak antics the way you did, I would be humiliated to be in your shoes... not only that but imagine joining a group that is owned and led by someone like you... now, I made this deal with you that if I lose at March Madness, I will join the B.O.B. because I believe in doing what I say I'm going to do... it's part of having good character, something that you clearly need a lesson in, but Oswald... I'm not your Mommy... I'm your next Billion dollar champion... and I think it's about time we brought some true class to that belt.

Also, I gotta be petty for a second. Don't you dare insult me, as you did before, ever again? Insulting my woman-hood like that just for being called out for smelling like shit when I asked you politely to put on deodorant before our match. This time, I'll tell you... put on some damn deodorant before you get in that ring with me, although, this time... you aren't going to catch me. Your strength isn't going to matter. Not one bit. Maybe, I'm the one at fault for letting you catch me in the first place, and just maybe, I should have been quicker on my feet.

So, do you really think I'm going to accept the challenge you laid out and risk joining your club of dorks? Up until you, I thought that title was held by the Misfits, but the B.o.B. might actually be worse! I did some research and it seems you don't even know what the hell you are doing? Who's even in charge of the B.o.B.? Is it you, Oswald? Is it Miss Fury? Is it the blue-haired girl? It seems like you guys were fighting the cult... then, some of you joined the cult... now, it looks like you don't even know which members are loyal to you, or just looking for the way out... I guess that's why the turn-over is so high for B.o.B. I've seen it a million times in collectives with poor leadership... a little moral class, and a little bit of deodorant... maybe that would keep some members longer than a pay per view cycle... I don't know what to tell you, but I wouldn't undermine my own career by joining your ranks unless I had to! Guess what, I'm not going to have to... just the idea of having to weather your odious stench on a daily basis is enough motivation to bring the killer out of me in the ring.

So, take it personally. Show up. You bring the cage... I'll bring the lightning.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like NA's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (03-24-2021), Miss Fury (03-23-2021), Mr. Oz (03-23-2021), Theo Pryce (03-24-2021)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates NA's post!
Mr. Oz (03-23-2021)