Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 01:54 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's it like coming back after a BIG layoff?
Sil Offline
Whatever It Takes Goddammit!

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

03-21-2021, 10:32 PM

Last fedded in 2010.

The itch came back, and I had to come to where the big boys play.

Anybody else taken this big of a layoff from e-fedding? Im very interested to see how my first rp is going to be. I lost all of my previous work that I had so it's going to be pretty interesting how much "ring rust" I have.

Anywho, WHATS UP XWF!

[Image: tNsebiF.gif]
"GOOD FUCKIN' MORNING GODDAMMIT!"
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Sil's post:
Marf (03-22-2021), R.L. Edgar (03-22-2021)
ALIAS Offline
Space Jesus

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

03-21-2021, 11:39 PM

Hey there, welcome aboard! I came back in late October last year, after being out since 2010 as well, so I know your feeling. There's actually a few of us who have actually come back after long absences. If you're looking for any wisdom from that, I found it helpful easing in on the Savage-rules (2rps per fortnight, 3000 word limit) before trying Warfare, though some just prefer Savage or Anarchy full-stop. Something for everyone!

Looking forward to seeing what you bring.

Do you have a light?

[Image: 7qdASxF.jpg]
(Banner courtesy of Atara Themis)
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes ALIAS's post:
R.L. Edgar (03-22-2021)
Sil Offline

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

03-21-2021, 11:43 PM

Its gonna be a rollercoaster. A lot older, wiser, clear headed and cant wait to see what I bring, myself. It's gonna be a hell of a challenge, and experience. Nice to meet you, friend!

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Sil's post:
ALIAS (03-21-2021), R.L. Edgar (03-22-2021)
Andre Dixon Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

03-22-2021, 03:54 AM

I literally also just returned after almost a 10 year break from the game. Definitely got some rust but I've gotten back to loving writing again. This place is like no other fed as well. A great community with so many great writers. You are going to love it here.

[Image: 1920x1080-white-solid-color-background-2...009550.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Andre Dixon's post:
R.L. Edgar (03-22-2021), Sil (03-22-2021)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-22-2021, 06:05 AM

Nice to meet you Sil...

Where did you hear about us, and what do you hope to do with the character?

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Sil Offline

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

03-22-2021, 10:18 AM

Hey Vinnie, looking to do big things in my comeback. Of course looking to start off slow, not take it too fast. I hope to eventually make some noise in XWF. Thanks for having me!

Hate Post Like Post
Sil Offline

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

03-22-2021, 10:21 AM

(03-22-2021, 03:54 AM)Andre Dixon Said: I literally also just returned after almost a 10 year break from the game. Definitely got some rust but I've gotten back to loving writing again. This place is like no other fed as well. A great community with so many great writers. You are going to love it here.

Yeah bro I just kept getting that itch to comeback. Ill be writing on Facebook, thinking like damn my RPs would be nice these days. I found some of my old work when I was 15-16 years old in 05-06 lol I wouldn't write like that today, but I was surprised I wrote that. Can't to see what I can work up. It's gonna be fun.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sil's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (03-22-2021)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-22-2021, 10:37 AM

Looking forward to seeing your work.

We have a character development section if you want to just jump right in and write something, otherwise we have a couple opt-in threads available for shows in a few weeks, I believe.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Sil (03-22-2021)
Sil Offline

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

03-22-2021, 10:43 AM

I put in a vignette for the PPV. Just writing that gave me that feeling that posting an rp is like riding a bike. I'll check the character development section out, thanks. I think I'm still waiting for my account to be activated too, though.

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

03-22-2021, 12:51 PM

That's incorrect, I activated it hours ago.

So where did you hear about us? You never answered.

Hate Post Like Post
Sil Offline

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

03-22-2021, 01:29 PM

(03-22-2021, 12:51 PM)"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Said: That's incorrect, I activated it hours ago.

So where did you hear about us? You never answered.

Yeah, Im on now.
I knew about XWF way back. I think an old friend of mine used to be here back in the day. Shawn Hunt.

Hate Post Like Post