Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 08:56 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » March Madness 2021 PPV Board
Trust
R.L. Edgar Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-27-2021, 12:51 AM

In the most inelegant times of my life, I find that the world around me is alive with beauty and calm.

They’re everywhere.

They’re above me, in the sky’s quilting swirls of amethyst and citrine, tucking the sun into bed with a kiss. They’re in the warm evening air, in the smell and the taste of seaweed pushing up from the ginger Mediterranean tides.

They’re in the sound of my Marie laughing... her body is bronze and refining this already utopian scenery — Overpowering even the crackling glare of our campfire just down the beach, as a fading red hue from the sun slides across her face.

But serenity’s touch isn’t there for me.

It surrounds me, flirting with my sensory only leaving me numb, in an aching way.

Marie and I have arrived at our peace of mind. We have obtained the things we only longingly joked about. Like this secluded beach-front home in southern France. It’s magnificent... unreal almost. The type of house we would just tease about while window-shopping for our futures in our cellphones.

Only I couldn’t fully join her in peace just yet. The stings and bruises of professional battles in the XWF weighed heavy on my surface… sordid conflicts ravaged at my core.

The drive back to mine and Marie’s new home in southern France after the latest Wednesday Warfare in Italy was particularly cumbersome. Darting my eyes between the coastal foothills of the Alps, and the empty passenger seat next to me, my beaten knuckles cracked and ran white gripping the steering wheel... thinking about Ned Kaye.

In my sudden and inexplicable yearning for friendship, I let Ned get too close. It was an unwitty slip on my part. My traveling partner on the endless European tour of Warfare. We shared our experiences of dealing with life in the wake of our father’s deaths.

He got close to my heart in his manipulative quest for The Hart. His betrayal cut through my sternum, but he’ll never hit my resolve. I know he’ll deny his actions until the end, but I feel that end is coming soon. The maddening march to March Madness… Las Vegas, Nevada. There I’m going to teach both of the faces of Ned Kaye a lesson. You don’t piss off an ol’ Kentucky boy.

“Baby…”

Marie softly pleads, wrapping her gentle fingers around my callouses. I pull my attention from the dying sun beyond the sea and empty myself into her dark eyes. She senses my angst, and my longing to keep our pact.

“...we’ve made it…”

She continues, her eyes drifting up towards the house as we both hear the children laughing from inside, “...you don’t need to do this anymore. We can forget everything. Move on. Just like we’ve always wanted. You’ve got me, Reg, and five kids up there who adore you.” she pulls in closer, her moist and sandy body swaying just a hair away from mine.

I considered her eyes again, they have a way of pulling me in. This woman means everything to me, but sadly she was only half-right. The XWF paid well, but not that well. The R.L Edgar Starter Kits weren’t flying off of the shelves by any means.

The initial watershed of funds from winning the Hart Championship had all but dried up on this seaboard. It’s worth it too. But if I wanted to get us that true security, that never-work-again type of money, I was going to have to keep dancing with the wolves and the nefarious. I was going to have to allow my newly revealed lineage to be more than just a dissipating truth.

The questions and comments had already begun to spring up backstage.

“You’re related to Dolly? It’s no wonder you’re so good!”

a longtime cameraman asked me,

“Did you hear about R.L.? He’s a Waters! I need to talk to Derrick Diamond, we can squeeze some pennies out of this.”

I overheard Smoking Bob talking to Theo down the hall,

”He’s one of the Blackwaters? Christ, those people are everywhere”

“No, just a Waters, like the little girl who used to wrestle here.”

”Arkin?”

“Nevermind”

R.L. Edgar was vanishing, and R.L. Waters was taking center stage. I had let this development control my life. My long-lost psychopath mother, the benefactor of a rich bloodline, and the beneficiary of political murder and corruption.

It all swelled around me. Ned Kaye. Misty Waters. Tainting the taste of this long-awaited serendipitous moment in life with Marie and our family. Marie is right. She knows me better than anyone. I want to be done with all of it. I want to retire away, here with her and the children in this dream-come-true. I want to finally give her that wedding on the beach she dreamed of as a girl. I am the proverbial John Lennon, I am a dreamer.

Those dreams have led me to this moment just to the cusp of fruition. Juxtaposed this entire journey by forces of negativity, and peril. I have fought through them, the dream growing greater each step of the way. My resolve is tested… tried and true.

“I love you, honey...”

I remind her. My words tender and warm, my face beaming as I caressed her body,

“...we’re just a few more big pay-days away from that happening.” her face sags with a let-down acceptance, “And we’re going to have that wedding…” Her eyes crawled back up into mine,

“I love you more, baby.”

...Later...

I feel myself waking, a rush and a throb in my head. My body is moving, or rather, being moved. My eyelids are forced shut. My ribs feel beaten in, and it’s difficult to breathe.

What’s happened?

There’s a grip in each of my armpits dragging me forward as my feet dangle across what feels like some slippery grass.

“Hey…”

I labor out through my sore mouth and a taste of stale blood,

“The fuck is going on?!”

I can’t see, but there’s a familiar scent. A familiar sound. The stench muggy morning dew and the harmony of the crickets. I knew where I was…

My legs thrash into something wooden, and I’m lifted onto some type of creaky platform. The sound of a screen door swinging open jolts my head in its direction… somehow I knew exactly what was next...

“Get his ass in here!”

The voice…

“Now!”

...of Misty Waters.

-to be continued-

There are certain virtues in this industry that sometimes transcend all of the prizes, all of the glory, all of the blood and sweat, all of the grinding, all of the fortune and fame.

Virtues like truth and trust...

Ned Kaye? The "Nefarious" One?

Truth be told, I should have never trusted you.

I ain't never had friends in this business, in the XWF... and I should have kept it that way.

I get it...

The whole world GETS it...

You can try spinning this Dr. Jekyll personality all you want... pretend like there's some deep meaning behind your ball-sack shriveling up, but deep down you were really only concerned with one thing: The Hart Championship.

Blather on all day with that shit-eating grin, do your best Lycana impersonation, and tell everyone how the title means nothing to you, but understand this, now that you've shown your true colors, you ain't all that hard to figure out.

The Hart Championship was everything to Ned. It was the validation you always desired. The reason to point to the sky and tell your daddy that you've "done it". After years of fumbling around the XWF, you finally up and proved something, didn't you? That Ned was something just a little bit above a bottom feeder. He was a bottom-feeder with a mid-card Cinderella moment.

Well, guess what? The ball is over, and now it's time for R.L. Edgar to send Ned Kaye back home to cleaning cobwebs and shoveling shit... right where he belongs. I trust you'll be more comfortable there anyway.

You can deflect, and lie, and tell everyone that the man on the XTron at Warfare wasn't you- but you ain't fooling anyone. Notorious. Nefarious. It doesn't make a difference to R.L. Edgar. When it comes down to brass tacks, all Ned Kaye is - is standing in the way of my dreams. Just like he was at Snow Job.

Thinking back... it was odd that you had so little to say about me before I beat you for the Hart Championship.

But now it makes sense.

You knew.

You said looking at me was like staring down a particular type of beast. You knew that Notorious Ned Kaye couldn't get it done. You knew that Notorious Ned Kaye was going to lose once you saw my brand of fire. I burned up all the paper around your championship and left you scrambling, lost, beyond even the reach of your psychiatrist friend.

So you had to bring in someone else to do your dirty work for you, the types of things that "Notorious" Ned would never dream of because you knew I was too much. That's all well and good, but are you ready for a little truth?

The truth is, Ned, it doesn't matter. Because deep down, no matter which side of your two-faced persona you march out to that ring on Sunday, R.L. Edgar is kicking your ass. I'm going to teach you a lesson about honor, about loyalty... about truth and trust.

You can't beat me, Ned.

That's the truth.

That's why you're calling on your darkest feelings to try and bail you out.

I'm going to beat those feelings out of you, Ned.

Trust me.

[Image: nSPgiDy.png]
-Thank you for the banner Atara Themis-

Former:
1x Hart Champion
1x Federweight Champion
April 2021 RP Of The Month Still Waters Run Deep
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like R.L. Edgar's post:
ALIAS (03-28-2021), Corey Smith (03-27-2021), Doctor Louis D'Ville (03-27-2021), Lycana (03-27-2021), Marf (03-27-2021), Theo Pryce (03-27-2021)