Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 05:47 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reunions and Resolutions
Ned Kaye Offline
per cogitabat, per facis
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

03-10-2021, 11:31 PM

With a tense hand, Ned gripped the doorknob leading into Dr. Pheelanruff’s office. He had made a lot of progress with their last session and, besides some expected shenanigans towards the end, it was relatively normal. Urias’s plans after more standard sessions always seemed to seek the peak of absurdity. It wasn’t going to be the end of the world or anything, but Ned was still a little hesitant to see exactly how Urias planned to outdo himself. Preparing for anything, Ned opened the door.

Kaye peeked inside, stepping in cautiously. No mysterious pile of props. No celebratory banners. Not even a slightly tacky decoration! Maybe Ned had been too hard on the doc. He had been trying quite a lot lately and there was no reason to undermi-

Two small confetti poppers shot off to Ned’s sides, streamers being tosses up just out of his sight, and a large banner unfurling from the ceiling with the word’s “Doc’s Lu’au for You’au(Ned).” Urias walked into view, a short conga line behind him. He wore a red Hawaiian shirt with white flourishes, a yellow lei around his neck. Behind the good doctor danced a few of Ned’s own Notorious Gym staff, pretty amused by the whole event. Ned would typically be more dismissive of the act, but the enthusiasm was particularly infectious it seemed. With a smile, Ned shot a question to his psychiatrist.

“What’s the occasion?”

“Well, you had a big week in front of you, Ned, so I thought I’d let you relax a little with a big party and a deep delve into your first opponent’s culture! I know you like that Star Wars guys who uses culture to beat people! I know his name, just can’t think of the dang thing.”

“Grand Admiral Thrawn?”

“No, I know it, it’s on the tip of my tongue!”

“You’re thinking of Thrawn, do-“

“Tarkin! That’s the guy.”

Ned shook his head, grinning.

“Whatever you say.”

“I told you I knew his name.”

Ned shot a glance at his two employees from the gym, clearly enjoying themselves in little party hats.

“Is this where you’re going when the treadmills are busted or were you just invited?”

“They’re my plus two.”

Ned swung around to his brother, Nate Kaye.

“You know for a guy so worried about productivity, I’ve been really picking up your slack.”

“Touche. Urias called you over?”

The elder Kaye nodded, taking a sip of some Hawaiian Punch.

“Yeah. He said you’d made some real progress recently and it was worth celebrating. You know I don’t watch those shows much, but I could definitely see it just from the change in attitude out at the gym. I thought you deserved a big party after doing nothing for your birthday last year, even if it was a culturally inaccurate affair.”

“Hey,” Urias cried out in protest, “I’m in the garb from Blue Hawaii! I got a traditional Hawaiian meal of pineapple pizza. I even tried to get Hawaiian Hardhead!”

“What was the holdup on Hardhead?”

“Ehn, wouldn’t return my calls. Whatcha gonna do anyways? The point is I pulled out all the stops to make this as authentic aloha as possible!”

Chuckling, Ned grabbed some of the punch and took a swig, “Well, I certain appreciate the effort, Urias. Got any last surprises?”

“Nahhhh, “ replied Pheelanruff, “Oh, well… maaaayyyybe just one.”

Ned gave the doc a confused look before a voice from behind him broke his concentration.

“Hey, Ned.”

He knew that voice better than he knew his own at times. Ned twisted around to face his best friend.

“Ethan.”

“Hey, big guy. You doing good?”

“Yeah… yeah, great! You..?”

They had been estranged somewhat by circumstance and Ned’s own state of being, but the gesture meant a great deal to him. And for the first time, he didn’t even notice the scar on Ethan’s cheek.

“I’ve been doing… better. It’s nice to see you, man.”

“You know, you didn’t have to come.”

“Yeah, but I wanted to be. Besides, I wasn’t about to pass up being here for you going into March Madness!”

Urias brought over a plate full of glasses with Hawaiian Punch, passing them around to the limited partygoers.

“How’s about a toast, Ned?”

The Notorious One grabbed a glass, uncertain of what to say immediately until the words fell into place.

“To the future.”

“It’s been a long road to get to this point. To the most competitive week of my professional career. Fighting alongside two champions on the next Wednesday, facing a former Universal Champion for a spot in the most prestigious wrestling tournament around on Saturday, but on Thursday? That’s when I begin this gauntlet by facing another former champion who’s recently beaten a current champion much like I did on last week’s Anarchy. And the thing about Tula is that she’s more similar to me than that. I look at her and I see strategies and attitudes that I held back when I first entered the company. Treating every opponent like a puzzle to solve.”

“And while I haven’t abandoned my more analytical tendencies, I had to adapt when I realized just how volatile that view was to me as my only gameplan. I wasn’t preparing for people, but the caricatures I had convinced myself that they were. And as much as it pains me to say it, Tula, I see that a lot in you. Doing everything you can to manipulate people, myself included. Looking for whatever avenue you can find for a solution to the person standing across from you. But you can’t solve spirit, Tula. Account for it, maybe, but it’s unquantifiable. That’s why you’re the perfect person to face at the beginning of this week of endurance for me. To overcome you is to overcome the me that walked into this company and to write the next chapter of my career. To exemplify my personal growth the only way I know how. And look…”

“To the future.”

"You can't run from yourself."
[Image: riNkNZw.png]
XWF
Wins | Losses | Draws
52 | 37 | 4

Indie Darling Eternal

#33 on The XWF Top 50(2021)
1x Tag Team Champion[with Isaiah King](Current)
2x [Image: CbviDqC.png] (Former)
1x X-Treme Champion(Former)
The Final Supercontinental Champion
1x Television Champion(Former)
Star of the Month - April 2019 | March 2021 | December 2022
RP of the Month - March 2021 (Void of the Mind)
Winner - Leap Of Faith Rafter Match 2019
1x 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Winner - War Games 2023(With Mark Flynn, Isaiah King, & Crash Rodriguez as G00D-B01)

All Time Career(Interfed)
Wins | Losses | Draws
52 | 38 | 4
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ned Kaye's post:
Derrick Diamond (03-12-2021)