Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:39 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Snow Job 2021 RP Board
Soft Deadline Ned Kaye and Dr. Urias Pheelanruff in: Mo’ Collection Money, Mo’ Problems
Ned Kaye Offline
per cogitabat, per facis
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

01-23-2021, 11:58 PM

OOC: Formatting in the morn.

January 17th, 2021

With a straightening of his tie, Ned stared into the bathroom mirror. His eyes scanned over his reflection, looking for any flaw with this new navy blue suit. It reminded him much of being a kid going to mass with his parents, especially seeing as he stood in front of that same mirror he used to gaze into as a child. It wasn’t anything special, certainly not an object with special importance to his family or anything of the sort. Rather, it had just been in this house for as long as he’d lived in it and visited it. Still, it was hard to separate it from any of his memories and even harder not to feel a bit like a reluctant kid getting ready for church again. As he ran his fingers over the soft suit fabric, a few sudden knocks at the door broke his concentration.

“Hey-uh, you done in there yet, buddy? I’d like to get a look at my style before we head out.”

“I’m dressed and everything. It’s alright to come in; I’m just finishing my tie.”

Urias Pheelanruff clumsily opened up the door, wearing a suit that seemed very typical to him, which was to say that the coat was noticeably undersized for his wide stature. The buttons on his coat seemed to trepidatiously tug on the tiny bit of string that held them to the coat itself. They appeared to be on the verge of bursting free at any moment and flying off with the speed of a bullet, however they somehow managed to stay put, much to Ned’s subdued shock. Urias adjusted his jacket, tilting his head around to carefully inspect his appearance by way of the reflection. Once he had seemed satisfied, Urias turned to Ned, giving a thumbs up.

“Looks like ol’ Urias is looking pretty sharp today!”

In Ned’s eyes, Urias had a big personality to match his big view of himself. But as much as he saw Pheelanruff’s naïve obliviousness for the detriment it could be, Ned knew it was something that made the doctor someone uniquely approachable. For all of his doctor’s big qualities, what mattered to Kaye most was his big heart. After giving a polite thumbs up, Ned looked over to see if there were any final touch ups he could do to look nice. He was by no means anticipating a going to any service, let alone a televised one at a highly profitable megachurch.

“Aren’t you gonna slick your hair back a little more?”

Ned chuckled, shaking his head in a quick response.

“Please. They don’t call me the best hair in the game for nothing, Doc. It’ll be good as is.”

“You sure? I was thinking you might want to impress your date.”

Urias playfully nudged Ned with his elbow, giving a goofy sounding giggle as he did so. Kaye rolled his eyes in response, neither too bothered by the statement, nor particularly amused by it.

“She’s not my date. We’re friends who met through that app you set me up on and now we’re accompanying her to her church service so we can get to the bottom of this bootleg merch that we found.”

“Yeah, yeah. I know we found a matching logo on the backpack and at the church. I mean, I was there Ned! I just think you’re undervaluing your fondness for this girl.”

“She’s not “this girl.” Her name’s Rachel.”

Ned recoiled immediately as the words left his lips, picturing the smug look on Urias’s face only to turn towards him and see it head on.

“Oh, my bad. I’m glad I could set you and Rachel up on some dates, in that case. You know, on that dating app?” The Doctor replied whilst smiling widely, his satisfaction at adding a little bit of brightness to Ned’s life despite the young man’s insistence otherwise proving to only make Urias more proud of his work.

“Look, can we just drop it? We’re going there on business. Nothing more, nothing less.”

“Geez, Ned, you could stand to lighten up a bit when we’re about to hang out with your d-“

“Say it and I start looking for a psychiatrist on Better Help. I really want to drop it, Urias.”

Pheelanruff raised his hands defensively, pinching his index finger and thumb together to pantomime zipping his lips shut.

I think Rachel is waiting for us outside anyway. We probably shouldn’t keep her waiting any longer. You good?”

Pheelanruff looked around and patting his suit pockets as if they were empty.

“I think I’ll just grab a snack before we go. I think I could go for some nice dates.”

The words hadn’t even left his mouth before Ned walked out of the bathroom rolling his eyes. He was never going to get Urias to change, but perhaps that’s what made his interactions with the doc so comfortable. Just a few moments after exiting the bathroom, they had approached Rachel to begin heading towards the church.

“What does it mean to be a champion?”

“It’s very easy to point at specific wrestlers and apply the concept of “championship material” to them, but I don’t think enough people really consider why we apply that view to those wrestlers. As An example, many people can tell you that Robert Main has the demeanor of a champion, but I’ve yet to see enough folk explain why that’s an agreed upon view beyond “he wins matches.” So, is that the mark of a champion? Maybe in a completely basic capacity, but it’s so much more complicated than that. Sure, a champion must obviously win title defenses, but plenty of great champions have lost non-title matches while holding a belt. It’s ideal to be undefeated, but in practice it is far more difficult. Now, this isn’t me defending my recent loss against Boris. Regardless of the odd circumstances regarding the lights going out, I lost. And Boris will get his rightful shot at this prize when he asks for it. But that loss made me ask a question. Am I a lesser champion for the loss?”

“I don’t think so.”

“See, one thing that’s very beneficial about holding a title in any company is your ability to kind of call the shots. If you want more time to rest by taking shows that you wouldn’t defend your title off, you can totally take that prerogative. But I didn’t cancel my obligations to Anarchy despite my knowledge that it would wear me down. That it would put me at a greater risk of losing my Hart Championship. I kept that spot on that show regardless because I want to set an example. Not for the belt, but for anyone who holds it after me. Because despite our views of a champion, one thing is consistent: you’re never champ forever. But you can always imprint of a piece of yourself onto the legacy of the title that you hold. You can change the entire view of a single strap just by setting the right example. So, I am going to get grilled for my loss, I can guarantee it. But if they were in my shoes, could any of my challengers handle that pin in this position?”

“Could Felix Jones handle it? I wouldn’t be so certain. He fought as well as he could against me just a while ago and he couldn’t crack me and while I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he upped his game this second time around, I can easily picture how badly it would slam against his ego to have to defend his belt after getting pinned just a week or so earlier. But what about Shawn Wylde? He and I aren’t incredibly different. We’ve both been in this business since our teen and we fought hard for our opportunities, but Shawn thrived when he got a manager, someone to clearly map the path out for him so he can focus on trying to achieve his success. And while I think there’s no shame in having a manager, think Wylde would find that no amount of corporate speak will make him overcome the heartaches and hardships of being higher up the ladder. It isn’t easy, Shawn, and while you can give Romeo all the money in the world, he can only show compassion when it’s for a price. I’ve people help try and get me on the right path before myself, but it was only once I looked myself in the face and strived to become better than the man I was before that I ever began to realize the truth of what they saw in me. Can you do the same with a yes-man covering your ego, Shawn?”

“Finally, that brings us to Edgar. And Edgar, I want to make it very clear that I think your problem is the inverse. I don’t think you can’t accept a loss. I don’t think you can ever truly accept a victory. I’ve seen the way you are. I’ve seen that hunger before and it’s a hell of a thing to stare down, but it’s nothing I haven’t felt. It’s not a starvation I am unfamiliar with. So, you’d better bring out your fangs because I’m not going to just be snuffed out quietly into the darkness.”

“A champion isn’t just a man who wins matches. He’s a man who defines matches. Who defines eras. He’s a ma that other men fear, not because he isn’t amongst them, but because he stands shoulder tyo shoulder with them. You want to see a champion? You’d better get your boots on because I’ll show you just what I’m made of.”

"You can't run from yourself."
[Image: riNkNZw.png]
XWF
Wins | Losses | Draws
52 | 37 | 4

Indie Darling Eternal

#33 on The XWF Top 50(2021)
1x Tag Team Champion[with Isaiah King](Current)
2x [Image: CbviDqC.png] (Former)
1x X-Treme Champion(Former)
The Final Supercontinental Champion
1x Television Champion(Former)
Star of the Month - April 2019 | March 2021 | December 2022
RP of the Month - March 2021 (Void of the Mind)
Winner - Leap Of Faith Rafter Match 2019
1x 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Winner - War Games 2023(With Mark Flynn, Isaiah King, & Crash Rodriguez as G00D-B01)

All Time Career(Interfed)
Wins | Losses | Draws
52 | 38 | 4
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Ned Kaye's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (01-27-2021), Charlie Nickles (01-24-2021), Shawn Wylde (01-31-2021)