Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 10:44 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Mas at the Debuchys
Ruby Offline
The Super Dear'o

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-31-2020, 08:31 AM

ALL: “MERRY CHRISTMAS!”

The Debuchy’s flew into each other’s arms, hugging each other with many a deep, loving embrace. Who says wrestlers can only come from broken families?

Ruby picked up the bags full of presents and walked into the house, with her trusted dog Garnet in tow, dumping them at the bottom of the lushly decorated tree.

Ruby: “Aww mom, you knitted new figures for the tree!”

As was tradition, the Christmas decorations in the Debuchy house were all hand-crafted. And this year, there were a few new additions.

Ruby: “You made a mini Garnet! And a miniature Centurion! He’s gonna love that! And my man Centy too!”

Olivia: “Well, new additions to the family belong in the tree. Just a shame your handsome man couldn’t be here tonight.”

She snapped a picture, making a mental note to forward it to him later, and Ruby took her first two presents, handing one to each of her parents. They both unwrapped it, father Debuchy ripping the paper off with youthful enthusiasm, whereas her mother was much more calm and collected.

Nicolas: “Ugly Christmas sweaters in banana-lime! They’re even cooler than the ones we got last year, I love it!”

He immediately pulled it over his other ugly Christmas sweater (feat. the Denver Broncos logo) and motioned for his wife to do the same, who reluctantly agreed.

Nicolas: “Now! On to official Christmas business!”

He cleared his throat and pulled out a piece of paper from his back pocket.

Nicolas: “Item one! Can you guess what it is?”

Ruby: “The annual Debuchy Christmas Snow Angel contest?”

He clapped his hands.

Nicolas: “Haha, correct!”

Ruby: “Yeah! Classic! Let’s go! Mom, you judge!”

And both sprinted to the outside. Good thing they lived in Canada. There was always snow in Canada. Mother Debuchy sighed and shook her head.

Olivia: “Not again…”

[Image: rEuB2NG.gif]

Half an hour later, Olivia Debuchy was glaring at the works her husband and daughter had put out. Both were standing next to her, their eyes darting back and forth between their own snow angel and the expression on her face. Olivia rested her chin on her palm and made a few sounds of contemplation.

Olivia: “Hmmm… I dunno, that’s… Yeah, hmm, tough, hmm…”

Ruby: “Well? Come on, mom, you’re killing us over here!”

A grin crept up on her mother’s face, as she took pleasure in letting their anticipation boil over for a bit. Nevertheless, the winner was clear: Nicolas had perfected the snow angel, and in spite of a great effort by Ruby, her effort came up just short. Ruby’s mother sighed.

Olivia: “I’m sorry, Rubes, but…”

Ruby: “Gosh flippin darn it all to heck! Again? That’s, what, fifteen years in a row?”

Nicolas: “Sixteen!”

Both women shot daggers at him. He winced.

Nicolas: “I… I mean… Sorry, sweetheart, but you did a great job, well done! You’ll get me next year.”

Ruby: “And next time I’m going to practice for the whole month of December! But not to worry. If I seem to recall from years past, the itinerary calls for another contest, right?”

Nicolas: “Right! Let me check…”

As he grabbed the piece of paper out of his back pocket again, he was met with a snowball right to the face! Bits of cold ice flew into his nostrils and dripped down into his sweater.

Nicolas: “Hahaaa, nice shot, kiddo!”

Ruby/Nicolas: “SNOWBALL FIIIIGHT!”

Olivia: “Errr, yeah, I’m going inside for a bit and get the oven started.”

[Image: rEuB2NG.gif]

Half an hour later, Ruby burst through the door and into the living room, dripping with melting snow. She spread her arms wide and ignored the disapproving look of her mother who saw her carpet get all wet

Ruby: “And after a score of 198 to 172, here is your winner and STILL… the Debuchy Snowball Champion of 2020… the BANANA-LIME BLUR, the SUPER Dear’O, the…”

Olivia: “Oh, you won? That’s fantastic, dear. Where’s your father.”

Her question was answered as Nicolas Debuchy came limping in behind Ruby, equally soaking wet. Despite his limp he had the biggest of smiles on his face.

Nicolas: “Wow, we haven’t had a snowball fight like that since the winter of 2006! Great job, superstar!”

He gave his daughter a pat on the back and wanted to go sit in the couch, but Olivia held him.

Olivia: “Not a chance, you’re going to ruin the sofa! Upstairs with you, go and change!”

Ruby grabbed a towel from her bags and started to pat herself down as her mother crossed her arms, a spatula in one hand and a look that laid somewhere between concern and disapproval. It didn’t take Ruby long to notice.

Ruby: “’sup, mom? Come on, you know he loves these yearly traditional games.”

Olivia: “No, it’s not about that. Listen, ma petite, you know I’ve always been supportive of whatever you do, no matter what, right?”

Ruby: “Yeppers! And I love you for it, mom!”

She gave her mother a quick peck on the cheek.

Olivia: “But this next match of yours? Getting dropped from the NYE ball? I…”

Ruby held up her hand.

Ruby: “Look, I get it. That ain’t no snowball, eh? And I’m in there with a bad, bad man, but that man is also filled with more hot air than that balloon is. You’re going to have to trust me. If I want to do what I set out to do, I can’t back down because of the danger, because for all of their faults, there ain’t no quitting in the Bobbies. Do you trust me?”

Olivia: “Of course I do.”

Ruby: “Then stop worrying. Watch the flippin’ match. And watch your daughter bring order… to 2021!”

Olivia nodded and hugged her daughter, no longer caring about the snow, until they were almost tackled by Nicolas.

Nicolas: “Hey, don’t leave me out of GROUP HUGS!”

Ruby: “I love you guys so much. Merry Christmas.”

Olivia: “Merry Christmas. Let’s have ourselves a drink.”

[Image: dY7KZz4.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Ruby's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (12-31-2020), Mr. Oz (12-31-2020)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Ruby's post!
Mr. Oz (12-31-2020)