Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-04-2024, 06:42 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
The Impossible Traveler vs. The Last Centurion
HeavensToBetsy Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-24-2020, 02:31 PM

On-Camera via XWF Live Feed
12/24/2020

“These last two months have been a wild ride. The last week has been an absolute blur. I think it’s safe to say I’m starting to break free of that slump I’d fallen in.”

Betsy Granger is taking a stroll through the Montreal Botanical Gardens. They were closed, but after a hefty bribe, they unwillingly opened up the doors for a private tour. Now she gracefully glided over stone paths through gorgeously themed gardens. Even bundled as she was, she was the vision of winter beauty. Her golden hair was in a mermaid braid, with holly berries plaited in. The Santa hat that sits jauntily atop her head was splashed with silver glitter, decorated with more holly. She’s wearing a thick, white cloak, threaded through with silver and gold. The hemming around the shoulders was white fur, and the cape was encrusted with iridescent crystals. Underneath she wore bright, candy-cane themed woolen pants, and her boots white, with silver snowflakes intricately designed into them.

The gardens themselves put up a fight for the most wondrous sight. In spring, the deChinese and Japanese gardens would be exploding with color as the foliage withdrew from its winter nap. At the moment, they stood naked, skeletons of what they had been only months before. The cold rain had washed away what was left of the snow on the trees, and there was slush that made squishing sounds under Betsy’s boots as she trudged along. Even though the full luster wasn’t on display, there was an effortless beauty to the gardens that captivated the Impossible Traveler’s attention.

“If you had asked me last week how I felt going into this match against a legend the caliber of Andy “Centurion” Cortinovis, I would have cringed. My losses were weighing on me, I could feel my confidence beginning to fade. I know what I said, but it’s easier to speak something into the universe than it is to believe it inside yourself. People forget how much bigger we are on the inside, all the time. I do so constantly, especially when it comes to myself. Seven days ago, I would be looking down the dark, narrow hole towards this match and feeling another overwhelming sense of loss; that gnawing at your stomach when you know you don’t have what it takes to beat the foe you find yourself faced with.
But that was last week.”

She walks along a long, white marble wall that is just tall enough to hide the sights within. Up ahead is a traditional wooden Chinese awning, which is guarded by a silent, stone creature on either side. Betsy slinks inside and crosses through; Suddenly, her breath was taken away by the beauty of the other side. Despite most of the flora being withdrawn from the cold, the trees and statues remained unchanged. They were an absolute sight, a credit to the builders and gardeners who spent years on this passion project. Standing before a large dragon, Betsy stares up at it as she speaks.

“The Legend versus the Rising Star. If anyone knows the business, it’s Andy. The fact that he chose me for this bout says that he already sees that I’m an investment worth partaking in. Let’s face it, he could have chosen anyone for this fight, but he chose Betsy Granger.
When I first received the news, I was absolutely stoked. I mean, think about it: The little farm girl who grew up watching XWF, mesmerized with stars like Centurion, James Raven, Fuzz, Blizzard, T-Money, Star, Steve Jason, Chris Page, Raziel… I’ll stop, because I could do this all day. My point is, being hand-picked by Centurion to be his opponent for a special show… What an honor!”

Betsy does a little twirl, stopping to face the camera. Her hair lands willy-nilly around her and she blows it out of her face. A childlike smile breaks out across her face as her emerald eyes sparkle with excitement.

“I have to be honest, Cent: When I found out I was the one you chose to have this match with, I squealed like the fangirl I am. It can’t be helped, my love of this crazy business is what pushed me into it. Of course, I’m going to be excited when freaking LEGENDS are personally choosing me as a challenger.
I know it’s not all fun and games, but it’ll be a refreshing change to have an opponent who isn’t threatening to break every bone in my body. To be able to look at my opponent with real respect, how nice! My road has been bumping, the challenges I’ve undertaken have been painful and full of valuable lessons. I’ve always known that not everyone wants to be my friend, but it was admittedly jarring to realize how many people would try to stay me before I had a chance to get going. Perhaps that is naivety on my part, but everyone deserves a fair shot to fly or flounder on their own.
Leading to this friendly fight of ours, I had to overcome extremely daunting obstacles. Many of which I didn’t believe I would overcome, at least not right away. Walking into my second match in Ascension Wrestling, I had hoped I would achieve victory and walk out the Phoenix Champion. But the doubt of my loss in my debut for the Shooting Star Championship lingered like a bad taste in my mouth. It was becoming clearer that no amount of match tape and personality study would ever properly prepare me for the actual altercation. In the end, it was digging deep inside and rekindling the fire and spirit I had let simmer for too long. The damn broke and here I am… XHF Phoenix Champion.”

Her smile gets softer and she strides away from the dragon. Heading out of the pavilion, she begins walking towards a small, white building.

“I’m sure you know what else I managed to achieve that same night; but for those of you that don’t, I’ll be happy to catch you up. After my triumph in AWF, I had to haul ass north to another little event known as the GCWA Righteous Rumble. When I entered, my sole goal was to ensure that Legacy kept the title picture secured. It didn’t matter who won, as Shawn made very clear leading up to it. All that mattered was that James retained and that the match would be all Legacy.
Unfortunately, James was unsuccessful in his quest. Some strong words have been said on the subject, but it won’t change the fact. The Rumble, however… Well…”

Despite the frown she’d developed when talking of James’ loss, a smile plays at the corners of her lips when she mentions the Righteous Rumble match. Unable to contain her glee, she allows the bright smile to split her face.

“I’ve been underestimated since day one. Dismissed as little more than some sassy upstart with James Raven’s name to back up her validity. I was told to quit, go home, save myself the trouble of ever getting started. Before now, everyone I faced tried to break me down, shake my confidence… But here I stand, the 2020 Righteous Rumble winner. That’s right kids, your girl entered at thirty and used her brains to make sure she secured the win. One way or another, I wanted the Righteous Rumble to be the night I made the GCWA roster take notice. I confess that I had little thoughts of actually winning the thing myself. I was sure more experienced fellows, like my dear Legacy brothers, would come out on top. But it was me.”

She can’t keep the unbridled glee out of her voice as she speaks the last line. Even as she continues, there’s a bounce in her step and a song in her tone.

“Last night was brutal. I knew going into that cage, I would have to allow a different Betsy to come out and play. I don’t like letting ‘Dark Betsy’ on the loose: she’s a most dangerous creature. All of my intelligence with none of my inhibitions. Finding a balance with her satiates her need for destruction. I know it’s weird talking about a personality flaw as a separate entity, I should probably talk to a professional about that at some point. Moving right along…”

Betsy passes a large gathering area, considering a rest on one of the marble benches. Deciding to test it, she slips off her white glove and barely brushes it with her fingertips before yanking them back and stuffing her hand quickly back in its glove. Shaking her head, she continues, absentmindedly speaking now as she admires the scenery.

“Defeating Geri in that cage was more of a public service than an actual personal victory. Yeah, her astounding ability to remain oblivious, yet disrespectful is almost masterful. Her shallowness is so thorough, it could almost be mistaken for depth. But women like Geri, they don’t change. They never change. A day or two from now, she’ll still be touting about her greatness, mooning over the Left Hand, and eating right out of Baphomet’s palms. The only difference between yesterday and today is now she knows she better pause the next time she tries to say she’s better than I am.
I finally found a way to get the ball rolling for myself and I have no intention of stopping. This brings us to my next date with destiny: Saturday Night Solstice with you, Cent.”

She has entered the Japanese garden now and stops in front of an exquisite rock waterfall. Standing before it, she turns her attention to the cameras fully. Her gaze is so intense, one would think she could see Centurion’s face right through it.

“It can’t be denied that we’ve become acquainted, Andy, and dare I say it, have even developed a friendship of our own. It’s built on mutual friends and respect. I believe that from day one, you recognized my potential. You’re one clever SOB and a shrewd businessman on any day that ends with Y. You recognize good business that leads to plentiful profit. Like me, you think with facts and numbers. We’re a lot alike, despite the gap in our years. It’s why I’m pleased that I was the one you chose for this match. I know the offers must have been pouring in after you issued the challenge; The ones I saw coming forward made me believe I didn’t have a shot in hell of getting picked.
I know this won’t be easy. You’re a legend in this company for a reason, and you’re still going strong today. Anyone who actually bothers to study your motives could see that now, more than ever before, you’re here for the passion. This isn’t a career anymore, you’ve made your mark and your fortunes. You could retire tomorrow to run a corporate empire, and folks would still stop you in the streets and ask to take a picture with Centurion. A few years ago, I would have absolutely been one of them. That girl is still there, I plan to have an epic still from our match framed for my trophy room.
I wish this could be all fun and games, but there’s too much riding on this for me.”

Though the expression on her face remains friendly, there’s a detectable change in her tone.

“My momentum is shifting and I’m picking up speed. I’m within reach of goals I thought were at least a year or two ahead of me. I’ve tasted blood and I want more. I’ve made plenty of mistakes in my first few matches, and I learned. Learning and adapting quickly to what’s around me has always been a dead useful tool in my arsenal. I’ve let shaken confidence and the disdain of the insignificant run me out before, but never again. My personal growth is my greatest success to date; my faith might shake from time to time, but I will never stop getting up, brushing myself off, and pushing forward. I’ve begun taking on the monsters who would shove me back into the shadows and fight them off with my light.
But now I find myself faced with a titan. A massive force in the industry that could prove to be my most difficult challenge yet. You’ve knocked back everyone who has ever stepped to you. There is no reason at all for you or anyone else to think that I have a chance of getting past you, especially with only ten minutes to do so. I’ve made so many mistakes from being green, but that shade is fading fast, my friend. Green cleans off quickly and underneath is pure gold. The rust is washing away and the Betsy you’ll be meeting in the ring isn’t the Betsy that started a mere two months ago. I’m obviously not infallible, nor am I at the caliber that I’d like to be when facing off against someone like you. But my force is getting to be unstoppable, so only one of two things can happen on Saturday: You become the wall that stalls me or I use my speed to smash through the wall. I know which one I choose.
I can’t stop now, Cent; more to the point, I won’t be stopped. Perhaps I’m letting my pride do the talking again, maybe I need to cool my jets a little. But I don’t just want this win, Cent, I NEED it. The Rumble… The Title… The Revenge… Now the Legend. My achievements are starting to add up quickly and a win over the great Centurion would look really pretty on the list. I’m spreading my wings and taking off; you know better than most of my previous competition how that feels. The moment you step off the precipice and allow your instincts to kick in; all the success and glory that follows once you’ve stretched your wings all the way out. Why would anyone ever want to come down again?
It’s understandable why folks want to try and shoot me down right away. I waltzed through the doors with nothing but my training and James Raven’s name attached to me. And my first match is on PPV for a title against three of the companies top female workers? Even I’ll admit that from the outside, it looks fishy as hell. I just invite them to view that match again: Nothing was overturned, and I am not the Shooting Star Champion. The only benefit of being friendly with the people I know is that I got recognized as the girlfriend and the tagalong right away. The foolish and the ignorant want to fall back on the idea that I’m getting ahead because of something James, or Atara, or Fuzz, or perhaps even you, have said or done to help push me along.
But we both know just how false that is. The ignoramuses we’re surrounded by need the illusion that getting ahead involves shady tricks and backdoor deals. You and I, though, we’re beyond such paltry comportment. Despite popular belief from my haters, you didn’t accept this match out of the goodness of your heart or as a favor to a friend. I mentioned before others reached out for the opportunity more worthy than myself. Some of the offers I did see had to be hard to resist, considering who they were coming from. And out of all those options; those who have made a name for themselves, whether it’s one that inspires hope and joy, or encourages fear and disgust… You chose Betsy Granger.”

She turns towards the waterfall now, staring out thoughtfully. A soft breeze lifts her hair away from her face, and the camera captures a perfect profile view. The sun bounces off the crystals of her cloak like diamonds and reflects the woman it adorned: dazzling to behold, blinding if gazed at for too long.

“You need me as much as I need you. I’m still on my testing grounds, and people expect me to fail. But what about you? Behind every confident smile is a touch of insecurity. I speak from experience on this one. We’re too much alike for you to hide it from me. You’ve got that smarmy grin you get when you get on your soapbox, and it shows just how much your ego tends to drive you. I truly believe your heart is in the right place, but you have a habit of being a touch condescending at times. You’re driven to stay three steps ahead of the rest and just like every other man, you love having your ego stroked. I’ll leave that last bit to Ruby, along with any other bits that may need stroking. You know what I mean.”

Betsy winks playfully towards the camera.

“We all have our flaws. I’m stubborn as an ox, bossy to the maximum, and I don’t handle failure very well. I’m working on that last one a bit more every day. And I’m coming around. I have my moments, but as I stand here now, on this Christmas Eve day, I can’t pretend I don’t have belief once again. It’s more than hope, but not quite total assuredness. I would be a fool to believe I couldn’t fall to you. There’s no denying you can still hang with the young bucks, but some may question why you do so. They’re idiots. They don’t understand that everyone is looking for someone to pass the torch to.
I don’t know what the future holds, Andy. Perhaps I won’t be the one you pass your torch off to, but our paths aren’t done crossing after this date. I don’t mean that competitively, either. There is a lot of trash that needs to be taken out around here; I can’t help but notice that you and I seem to agree on who that is. For the most part. I’ve allowed myself to slip into the idea that perhaps this is a test you’re offering me, more than anything else. Whether I manage to outwrestle you in ten minutes or not, you want to see what I’m made of first hand. This is why I’m feeling a bit better about my chances; you have bitten off a bit more than you can chew this time.``

Betsy giggles.

“Look, where it matters most, I agree with you one hundred percent: let’s go out there and have fun. This is the most relaxed I’ve been going into a match, and maybe that will help me. Maybe it’ll hurt me; the point is, I’m looking forward to this in a way I haven’t before. It’s a different kind of excitement that only builds on special occasions and this is certainly one of them. I’m not just some rising star facing off against an industry legend. I literally grew up watching you on TV with my Pappy and Pops; my dad and I used to play wrestling and he always let me lock him into the Fall of Rome for the win. I even sketched your catchphrase into my notebooks in high school because I thought it was cool. Mind you, I was a twelve-year-old child prodigy surrounded by freshmen. Uh… I apologize to anyone on the roster who just felt ancient, that was not how I wanted it to come off.
Okay, before this turns into a mindless ramble, I just want to say that this is the most exciting match of my young career. Never in my life would I have ever believed I’d ever grace the same ring as Centurion. The excitement in the air is freaking electric, can you feel it? I’m absolutely bursting with it, and hopefully, you’ll be able to keep up with all this energy, old man. Ten minutes is all I have to last, and if I can’t win, I’ll make damn sure it’s a draw. Merry Christmas, Cent. I already got what I asked for: My Final Fantasy. I’m fixing to prepare for my best day yet.”

Giving the peace sign, Betsy walks out a view, and the camera cuts.

Off-Camera
Christmas Day… Or is it? It is, but it isn’t.
Monaco

It’s the perfect day on the French Riviera: The sky is azure blue, the sun beats down hot. The temperature is a balmy seventy-eight degree and sapphire water is perfect for diving. Tourists walked and played on the shores, while yachts in copious levels of extra were floating out in the distance. Aboard one of the larger yachts are Betsy Granger and James Raven. Both of them were sprawled out on the large bow, naked as the day they were born. Their drinks were chilled in individual ice buckets that were protected from the heat. The vortex manipulator that got them there stayed within reach of Betsy at all times. The only other people on board were the captain and his first mate and they had learned quickly to stay discreetly out of sight. Now they laid together, hands brushed against one another as they enjoyed the warmth of the sun on their skin. Betsy lets out a contented sigh.

“Whatcha thinking about?” James mumbles, jarring Betsy from her thoughts.

“How perfect this moment is.” She replies dreamily.

James chuckles and turns over, tracing a feather-light finger over her arm. Despite the sun, her skin broke out in goosebumps at his touch. Smirking, he runs his finger teasingly over her ticklish inner thigh, and she jerks upward. Growling, she rolls over and attempts to climb on top of him, but he catches her easily and pulls her against him. Kissing her on the tip of her nose, he nuzzles her neck playfully. “Yeah, this was a good call. I didn’t realize how much I needed this until you whisked me away.”

Betsy grins cheekily at him while gently pushing him back slightly. “It can’t always be the high-end town cars or jets.”

“I still have to get used to that,” he admits, pushing a lock of her hair behind her ear. “You’ve shown me what’s out there, but believing it is still hard.”

“I get it,” Betsy says softly, rubbing his back. “I just hope it doesn’t freak you out too much that you’ll… You know.”

“Leave?” He quirked an eyebrow as he grins at her. “I’m not going anywhere Bets. You have me for as long as you want me.”

She bites her lip as she studies his face. “And nothing that happens in our careers will make you hate me, either?”

“You mean the nonsense in GCWA? We can deal with that another day. Let’s keep this vacation for us.”

“I can’t think of any reason to object to that.” She says with a grin. Wrapping her arms around him, she pulls him in for a lingering kiss. When they finally part, she smiles happily and muses out loud. “So speaking of us…”

“Oh boy.” Raven quips. Giggling, Betsy swats at him playfully and continues.

“Stop it, you don’t even know what I’m getting at. Or maybe you do and that’s why you’re teasing me before I even get to my point.”

“Were you planning to get to the point or continue rambling?” He inquires teasingly.

“Keep talking and we may not need to have this conversation.” She says with a pout.

Confusion clouds his face as he sits up and looks down at her. “What’s up, Bets?”

Also sitting up, Betsy reaches for the sunblock and motions for James to turn around. As she massages another layer into his skin, she finds her courage.

“I’ve just been thinking about that one thing Andy said in his promo.” She begins tentatively.

The twitch in his shoulder is almost imperceptible. “Which part may that be? As per usual, he had a lot of hot air to blow.”

Rolling her eyes, she pinches him lightly on purpose. “I think you know damn well which part I’m talking about.”

Grabbing her hand as she starts to work his shoulders, James pulls her around and cradles her against him. He captures her chin in his fingers and turns her face towards his."Go ahead then.”

Sucking in a deep breath, she lets it go slowly. “I don’t want you to think I’m not happy. I am, I can’t think of a time I’ve ever been happier. I snagged my literal dream guy, I’ve got a great group of folks to call my friends, and my career is taking off in a way I couldn’t have imagined. I’m on top of the world, and it’s all the better because you’re there with me. And I just… I guess I just wonder where your head is at when it comes to the bigger picture.” She nibbles on her lower lip nervously, but James uses his thumb to gently pull it free. “I know it’s silly, but I guess I just want to know if you see me in your future for the long haul. I’m not asking you to put a ring on my finger tomorrow or anything like that, I just… I don’t know, I’m torn. I like our pace, I love where we’re at. We get along well, we have fun. We have our spats like anyone else, but we always find a way to work it out. We balance.” She lowers her head, allowing her thick hair to fall into her face. “But we’ve never really discussed the future and we’ve been together for almost two years now.” Though she’s hidden her face, she can feel James’ eyes watching her intently. “I love you, you already know that. I’m so crazy about you, it probably drives everyone around us nuts, but I don’t care. And this is the first time in my life that I look at someone and I can see a life. Unique, considering our careers and lifestyles, but ours. And yeah, I could see us getting married and maybe having a couple of kids. Definitely dogs and maybe a few illegal exotic pets. We’ll find a fixer-upper and let our weird styles create our dream home and retire somewhere in the mountains with a killer lake view. I just know that I can see my life with you and I wonder if you feel the same way.” Finally, she shakes her hair out of her face and looks into his eyes. “I really hope I just didn’t blow up a good thing.” She tries to keep her tone light, but she knows he can feel her pulse racing under his fingertips. Anxiety claws at her stomach as James remains silent, seconds ticking on torturously slow as she waits for him to say something.

“Bets.” His voice takes on a tone she’d never heard before, full of emotions he shows so little, even to her. Her heart starts to race a little faster as the gnawing in her stomach grows. “I meant it when I said I’m yours as long as you’ll have me. You know I adore you; I didn’t know being with someone could be this easy or comfortable. I sometimes forget how much you haven’t experienced.” He places a finger over her mouth when she opens it to retort. “I know you’ve had boyfriends and traveled the universe. You’ve translated for powers I’d never want to be in the same room with, and that’s just on this planet through some… Interesting time periods.” He smirks slightly, but she still has an apprehensive look on her face. He sighs and runs a finger down her face. “I love you, Bets. More than I wanted to, and more than I thought I was capable of. You reawakened something inside of me that I thought was dead, and I couldn’t let that go if I wanted to, not now. When I look at my future, I do see you, I always see you. But you have to understand.” He takes her hands in his and gives them a gentle squeeze. “I did the marriage thing. And the fact that it was as public a marriage as it was only put a strain on us. When it started to unravel, that was no secret either, and it finally broke us. Things that could have been handled better ended in flames and bitter feelings. We had our good times, sure, and we were blessed with a terrific son. He’s worth more to me than any title any company could put around my waist. And now, you’ve given me another reason to do more than just exist.” He leans forward and gently touches his forehead to hers. “The idea of getting married again makes me cringe. When she left, she took a chunk out of my life. She nearly destroyed me in her determination to get back at me. I can’t go through that again.”

Her lip starts to quiver as she turns away. “I’m not like her… I wouldn’t…” Her voice breaks.

Grabbing her face, he pulls her in and kisses her hard. He leaves her breathless, allowing him to speak again. “I KNOW that, Bets. I never would have been with you if I ever thought you anything like her. It’s not that I wouldn’t want to marry you Bets, I just don’t see the point of a contract that could hurt us both if this ends badly.” She shakes her head, but he continues anyway. “No time machine can definitively tell us how our future will go, Bets. It’s a fact. I don’t like it either, and I know for my part, I don’t want to lose you, ever. I see myself with you forever, the way you see it with me. I just don’t know why there needs to be a contract and signatures, and all the legal crap. We love one another and we can have everything you mentioned without getting unnecessary parties involved.”

A strange relief floods her as she listens. Tears leak from the corners of her eyes, James brushes them away gently with his thumb. “I can see where you’re coming from and I suppose I can live with that. I just want you. And to be honest, I always thought weddings were a ridiculous expense when so many fail. My father, on the other hand, may not see it that way… At some point, he’s going to ask you when you plan to settle down with me. Get married, start a family, live the American dream.”

“He knows I’m Canadian, right?” James asks snarkily, earning him another swat from his woman.

“You know what I mean. We’ll need a plan for when that comes to pass. To which, I’ve already formulated a bit of an idea.” She pauses as she loses herself in thought again.

“Go on.” he urges her softly, bringing her back from her thoughts.

“We’ll need to have some kind of charade for my father’s sake. My suggestion would be to buy me a diamond-” Now it’s Betsy who places a finger on James’ mouth to quiet him. “Just a diamond, something symbolic that will stop him asking questions. Instead of signing a marriage license and having a traditional wedding in the ‘eyes of the lord’, we pick someone to say a few words about our relationship and bind us spiritually. It can play off like a wedding, and no one will be none the wiser about the deeper details.”

They stare at each other for several minutes as James allows this idea to sink in. Suddenly, a grin spreads across his face and he pounces her! Betsy falls backward laughing as he pins her down and kisses her face. “I don’t know what I did right to land you, but I can assure you I’ll never be stupid enough to let you go. Alright, we’ll keep that plan in reserve if or when we need it. For now, can we go back to just being the hottest couple on the planet?”

“Are you serious? The hottest couple in the universe!” She giggles as she pulls him down for a passionate kiss and it isn’t long before they’re lost in each other once again.

Now that’s how you do Christmas vacation.

FORMER [Image: 8pr1Az7.png]
[Image: 4kPKNss.gif]
[Image: 2WKryJ5.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 10 users Like HeavensToBetsy's post:
(12-24-2020), "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (12-28-2020), Atara Raven (12-24-2020), Barney Green (12-24-2020), Doctor Louis D'Ville (12-24-2020), Felix Jones (12-24-2020), James Raven (12-24-2020), Michael McBride (12-24-2020), Theo Pryce (12-28-2020), Tommy Romeo (12-26-2020)