Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-24-2024, 06:28 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PlaceMarker The Ones We Love
Ned Kaye Offline
per cogitabat, per facis
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

12-09-2020, 09:10 PM

Ned leaned in the cheap plastic seat the doctor had set up after what Urias only referred to as “The Taco Tuesday Tragedy.” It wasn’t comfortable, but it did. And thankfully Pheelanruff had decided a "normal" session was a good fit for Ned’s first week with the belt.

“I guess I thought it’d get easier to deal with everything after that win, but I still feel largely the same.”

“Well, it didn’t go to your head!”

Kaye lightly chuckled.

“Maybe it’d be easier if it did.”

Ned leaned forward.

“I still remember when Dad and Lili got me a replica of the old Hart title belt. Dad got the actual strap and Lili got a nameplate. It was dorky, but… it mattered a lot. I wish I still had it.”

The Doctor scribbles something down.

“Do you think you’re ready to go out there?”

“Sure. But I have to admit… I’m envious of Kenzi. She gets to celebrate her “win” with her wife. I don't. I think some of it is just wanting more time with Lillian.”

“Her wife is that person you don’t like, right? Lakken?”

“Lacklan.”

“Why'd you have an issue with Lochnen, anyway?”

“She’s the epitome of the people who’ve told me I can’t succeed. If anyone wanted my career dead on arrival, it’s her. Except she’d probably also prefer that someone reverse time to stop my career from starting.”

“Jeez. Sounds like a peach.”

“You’re telling me. Still, I have to advocate for her to some degree. She was wrongfully fired, Doc. Love or hate, what happened was awful.”

“Ned,” Urias sighed, “you’re puttin’ an awful lot of pressure on yourself. Maybe you should relax.”

“Yeah. You’re right.”

“Take life one day at a time!”

“Yeah!”

“Go on a date!”

“Ye-”

Ned paused.

“...Excuse me?”

“Look, I made a profile and everything!”

[Image: UAIQKX4.png]

It was at this moment that Ned remembered that he technically couldn’t fire Urias.

“Champion vs. Champion. A tradition old enough to be etched in stone. A treat for fans and peers alike as they witness one of the greatest tests for any champion: facing someone with a similar prize to their own. Comparing legacies and those who carry them onward. But legacy can’t kick out. Nor bestow skill. A belt is only worth as much as the one wearing it. And while I typically express enthusiasm for a new champ, you didn't exactly win it alone. Fact is that the showdown between champions aspect of this match is a backdrop, a powerful one, but not the highlight. The highlight here is Grey versus Kaye.”

“You can tell it from the kinds of responses we’ve gotten. There wasn't shock at us overcoming champions that night. People looked and said, “It’s about time.” And it goddamn was. When you tweeted about facing me, I could feel excitement building in my chest. Imagine my disappointment to see you even reluctantly accept the help of BoB, knowing you’re capable of victory without them. Knowing everybody believed that but you. And two belts or no belts, this isn’t a match booked spontaneously. This is a first encounter of what I hoped to be some of the most exhilarating matches in XWF history. The first singles match between two stars said to represent the future of this company. Yet, it’s more than that.”

“See, Kenzi, despite our accomplishments, we stand in the shadow of those close to us. Me, in the looming shade of Robert Main, and you, in the dark cloud underneath your wife. To imply this is only about the belts or previewing the future is false. This is my first singles match against a Lacklan. I’d be lying if I said that didn’t matter to me. I know you’ve witnessed the endless insults she's thrown my way. I know we’ve faced each other before in tag team action, but we’re statistically even against each other, though I don’t entirely accept a disqualification victory as a victory at all. I know how bad it would piss Sarah off if you lost to me and I can’t pretend that that wouldn’t make my day. But even all that isn’t cutting at the core of what this match means to me. See, I never forgot that desperation you expressed when Vinnie fired Sarah. I still remember begging you to reconsider, not because I think everything you and your spouse do is sympathetic, but because what occurred to you two was wrong and set you towards a dark path. I understand being put under pressure. I’ve felt the worst of it. But you offered your hand to the devil, Kenzi. I don’t do that. You allowed that demon to hand you the championship of the brand you claim to be the face of, but you didn’t publicly offer Tula a fair rematch. You took an easy championship victory while I fought through hell, alone, for mine. You literally signed a contract to not get hurt as much. I signed a contract knowing I’d get hurt.”

“You wanna represent Anarchy? Expect pain. You want to represent the future? Then don't accept a victory you didn't earn. You want to beat me now or any other day? You have to do it on your own. Sarah can’t come out there and belittle me into submission. BoB can’t pin me. You have to. No shortcuts. No handouts. No exceptions. And I don’t think you have it in you right now, Kenzi, but you better find it soon. Because I might not be leaving with your title, but the next person who comes along sure as hell will and if you think Bobbi's not counting on it, you're dead wrong. I want to help you, Kenzi. I want to be an ally of yours, but I didn’t return to assist the people dismantling this company. I came here to stop them. Now’s the time you show which side you’re truly on. Make sure it’s a choice you don’t come to regret.”

"You can't run from yourself."
[Image: riNkNZw.png]
XWF
Wins | Losses | Draws
59 | 37 | 4

Indie Darling Eternal

#33 on The XWF Top 50(2021)
1x Tag Team Champion[with Isaiah King](Current)
2x [Image: CbviDqC.png] (Former)
1x X-Treme Champion(Former)
The Final Supercontinental Champion
1x Television Champion(Former)
Star of the Month - April 2019 | March 2021 | December 2022
RP of the Month - March 2021 (Void of the Mind)
Winner - Leap Of Faith Rafter Match 2019
1x 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Winner - War Games 2023(With Mark Flynn, Isaiah King, & Crash Rodriguez as G00D-B01)

All Time Career(Interfed)
Wins | Losses | Draws
61 | 39 | 4
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Ned Kaye's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (12-10-2020), Atara Raven (12-09-2020)