Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 11:16 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » High Stakes Battle Royale RP Board
PlaceMarker Show Must Go On
Barney Green Offline
Back In Black

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

11-28-2020, 11:19 PM

OOC: Good Luck, Everyone. Guess this old bastard still has it in him. Enjoyed reading all your work and I hope you enjoyed mine.

Final promo for this match. I can't believe I have made it as far as I have. I don't think anybody even though this old fucker would still have some fight left in him and that I have left in me. I will never give in to the pain that rattles through my body through each blow I take or even step for that matter.

Marf, You got my respect for now. The guy that seems to want to talk about my failing body and the fact that I got nothing left to lose. You are looking at a real man right now, jack. A man who lost his eye in a match against Chasm years ago yet continued the match with the blood pouring out his skull. I may have lost that night but it didn't matter. I came for a fight and took as much damage as I could withstand. I am hanging on by a string and can barely walk most days but once that bell rings, The show must go on.

The fans came to see a fuckin' bloodbath and I am gonna give it to them. James Evans. I gotta give some respect your way. You managed to go through this without mentioning me which takes balls as I have no clue who you truly are but we will see the true mettle of man when we lock up. You have said nothing but said a lot in your actions and I can respect that. Taking the high road and shit. Oh well. I guess.

Corey Smith. Even with you not mentioning me, You must realize deep down that I am a true threat to everything. In a match that everyone thought I was gonna be a joke, I decided to give it my all. I know I don't have much time left in this business and will wind up having to call it a career somewhere down the line but I am not ready to let that door shut all the way. I am gonna kick it right back open with all the strength I have left in me.

Whatever pain I may be in before that music hits disappear at that moment as I prepare to walk through the curtain towards the ring. They are expecting to see me perform to the highest standards I can. I will give each and every paying fan who came to see me a fucking show. What better way to get out of High Stakes as Universal Champion. Eight years ago, I shocked the world by becoming the World Champion. I got one last trick up my sleeve and just wait until you see what I bring to the table.

You look at me like I am a joke and guess what, I probably deserve that? All those countless failures over these years. Fading in and out of the spotlight. Never staying for long runs. I am one of the few competitors in this match even worthy of this honor. The grizzled veteran from Boston, Massachusetts. The man who represents being rejected countless times and never winning the big one but yet here we are. The true people's champion in a sense. Never claimed to be perfect and full of flaws but the one thing I can guarantee is I am ready.

Never thought I would find the will to carry on through this journey but it's been one hell of a run. Seeing on sites that I have a one in four chance of capturing the belt. Representing BOB all the way and Union 441 back home. Trekking through and doing what I had to do to make a living against all the odds.

Chris Page is another person I can't take lightly despite being older than me by a good fourteen years. That dude punches hurt like a motherfucker but I can take them. Even with all my injuries from the rough road I've traveled through this industry. I am fine. All I am gonna say when you hit me is, "Thank you, sir. May I have another?" Take your best shot with me and I'll swing right back as hard as I can.

Alias. Much respect for your showing but this isn't gonna be the Alias Show, jack. You are gonna see a side of me you wish had stayed hidden. I am fighting with everything I got left in me and that's a scary sign. I am ready to die for this. I got nothing left at home to go to. What can you possibly do to me that hasn't already been done before?

I'm never giving in until I can't breathe anymore. The blood may flow and I am okay with that. I've trained for this with such an intensity that I thought was long gone. You all awoken something in me that I thought was long gone and I'd be scared if you think I am gonna be easy. I am the furthest thing from that when I am in this mindset.

Thank you to every single person in my career that has taken the time to take me under their wing and gotten to learn a bit from them. From Foley Anderson to Jeff Night to even Hardcore Smitty and Outsider Stone. This is where I show them all and I know two of them will be watching from the best seat in the house. This is my moment. My legacy. Everything I've ever worked towards this match.

I am the last of a dying era and I am not gonna let any of them down. My body may be breaking down but I think I got one more run left in me even if it means saying goodbye to my job for it all. It isn't the first time I've had my back against the wall. When BG Studios folded and I had to travel back to Boston in a car with just a few of my possessions left. Wrestling while living in a car is not fun but I was able to rebuild.

The show must go on I guess. No matter how dark my life got at some points, I faced it head-on and didn't back down. What are you going to me? Huh? Nothing that hasn't already been done. I lived in that car for a couple of years and got my mind right. I've gone through so much money and seen the highest of highs and lowest of lows in my life. All for this business. I love this business and will never leave completely. I admit there have been a few years where I didn't wrestle much while dealing with a few injuries but those have healed. The doctor even told me my right knee needs to be replaced but fuck it. I will fight on one good leg and prove that I can still go for anyone that doubted me.

It takes a special kind of breed to survive in this industry especially when they look like me. I admit I relied a bit too heavily at times on the deathmatch style and built my reputation for being willing to go that extra mile. The many bumps and bruises I have taken over the years but at what cost? What did it truly prove? It proved I am a battle-tested veteran who has balls that most people wished they had. The Daddy of Violence is ready to take his rightful spot as Universal Champion at High Stakes. Tombstone, Arizona.

I've been in the XWF for a long time just biding my time for an opportunity like this to hit and they don't come much better than this. I think I know what I must do as I tape up my knee and make sure it holds up in this match. This is for everyone. This is my moment. Why not a guy like me? A guy who isn't straight and represents that old school style of wrestling.

Daddy is well rested and ready for this. Are You?

Tombstone, AZ
November 27th, 2020

The scene opens up outside of Tombstone, Arizona where we see a garbage truck driving down the street and we see it stop at The Tombstone Grand Hotel. The door opens and out exits Barney Green, dressed in a black t-shirt with "GreenTV" in lime green lettering on the front and black shorts with black sneakers. Barney reaches back into the truck and pulls out a trash can which he pulls out of the truck. He then shuts the door and carries it with him inside of the hotel. He then walks towards the desk and the receptionist goes to speak.

Receptionist: Can I help you?

Barney: Yeah. I'm here to check-in. Name's Barney Green.

Receptionist: Sure thing. That will be $128.

Barney opens the trash can and pulls out his wallet and then shuts the trash can. He reaches into and pulls out his credit card to check-in. He hands it to the receptionist as he goes to speak.

Barney: That should cover it.

The receptionist runs Barney's card and then he signs the receipt. He takes his card back and places it back into his wallet. He then throws his wallet back into the trash can. The Receptionist goes to speak.

Receptionist: Here is your key and your room is 38. Any reason why you are walking around with a trash can?

Barney: I carry everything in it as it's my job outside of pro wrestling. I'm just your friendly garbage man outside of the ring.

Barney takes the magnetic card and places it into his trash can as well.

Receptionist: Hope you enjoy your stay in Tombstone. There are plenty of things to do around here.

Barney: Thank you. I will. Peace.

Barney picks up his trash can and starts walking towards his room and realizes this hotel has given him a room on the 2nd floor. So he starts his climb up the stairs as he goes to speak.

Barney: Next time, I book a room on the first floor. Lugging this trash can around is starting to get on my nerves a bit. Oh well. The joys of being both a garbage man and pro wrestler.

Barney walks up the stairs and then finds his room. He stops and opens the trash can and then pulls out the key card and opens the door. He grabs his trash can and walks into the room after throwing the key back into the trash can. He shuts the door and places the trash can next to his bed. He goes to lay down on the bed and then his phone rings. He reaches into the trash can and pulls out his phone. He answers it and it's John Laurinaitis on the other end.

Barney: Hello, John. I made it to Tombstone alright. To think my job still hasn't noticed that my truck is missing and I drove a lot of miles to get here.

John: That's good to know, champ. I am glad you made it safely. Wish I could be here to see you make an impact but you know how life is?

Barney: I hear you loud and clear on that.

Barney hears a knock at his door. He looks annoyed and goes to answer while he is speaking on the phone.

Barney: Somebody just knocked on the door.

Barney goes toward the door and opens it and it's John Laurinaitis, dressed in a navy blue suit with a red tie, and he hangs up the phone as Barney stares in shock.

John: I just had to be here to see you win. All the work we put in together, champ. This is gonna be one for the ages.

Barney: I can't believe you surprised me like this. I am totally all in and know I made a great choice in picking a friend like you.

Barney motions for John to come in as he puts his phone back into his trash can. John walks in and shuts the door.

John: No problem at all. It just cost me about $300 to fly out here. I'm not much for car travel anymore. Too old for that. Just stick to the strategy and we shall see you achieve victory. If there is one person in this business that deserves this, It's you.

Barney: Thank you so much, John. I will do everything in my power to show the world everything I got left in the tank.

The scene fades to black as John and Barney continue talking.

I got one final chapter left to write in my book before I call it an end. Let's look at who is left that I haven't mentioned. Doctor Louis D'Ville. Geri Vayden. Baphomet. Michael Graves. Bobby Bourbon. Three of those names I thought were gonna be threats and turned out not to be but BOB always has a plan and I hope I can succeed. Baphomet can go fuck himself. I am my own man and would rather die a proud death than kneel before a false prophet. The good doctor must be doing too much morphine or something as he remained eerily silent.

The rest aren't even worth my time in that category. Ruckus and Job Guy? Seriously? Just bodies to pad out this match before the inevitable happens with me walking out a champion. Witness should be renamed Witless as he has nothing I haven't seen before and his act is played out a great deal. So many people have done this before.

Thaddeus Duke is one of the people I almost forgot not by fault because he is a tough competitor in his own right and this is gonna be an ugly battle but I welcome it. Good luck because you are gonna need it.

Some might argue that I have no business in this match but it's okay. I've dealt with worse and this is perhaps my final shot at glory. Everything to gain and nothing to lose when my back is against the wall. Just the way I like it. High Stakes is something I didn't think I would enter but I can't change it now.

Good luck, everyone. I need another white claw. I'm ready and willing to be the hero you guys need right now. Daddy Of Violence is out.

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Barney Green's post:
Ned Kaye (11-29-2020), Thunder Knuckles™ (11-28-2020)