Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:15 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » High Stakes Battle Royale RP Board
End of the ride
Marf Offline
THE Marf

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

11-25-2020, 06:52 PM

And here we go. Our precious hero Marf should be awakening any moment now. The last stop before High Stakes. Hopefully he remembers it is coming up this weekend.

... remember...

Wait what? No he isn’t even awake yet come on!

... remember.......November...

I remember November in 2003. The 25th to be precise. It was the start of my third month in the company. Will and Mel were on top of the proverbial moment while I had mostly been on the outside looking in. Except two nights earlier, at the big pay per view ole Willy got himself in a bit of trouble. I remember Mel trying to help only to be knocked to the floor and subdued. I remember the beating Will began to take until I showed up out of the blue.

I remember the look on her face when she saw it was me saving the day. The guy that they were supposed to be too good to bother with. Stopping a savage beating that would have likely put Will on the shelf and cost him his title. Possibly their romantically shared tag titles too. Mean old Marf saving the good guys, what was happening!? But I remember I still saw it, that look in her eye. She was seeing me in a different light.

I remember being on the road two days later and they invited me to ride with them. I gratefully accepted their invitation and there we were, three amigos! They both coughed up stories of woe, discussing how everyone was against them. Their paranoid fears spilt out with the liquor they insisted we all share. Will was on pain medication and it wasn’t long before he was deeply unconscious. Mel continued to talk with me into the night.

I remember staring into those stunning hazel eyes and just falling. It didn’t hurt, not right away. It took until the next morning before the realization of how those feelings were growing like a cancer inside of me. I remember the sun would rise and I’d be thinking about her. The sun would set and I would still be wondering about her. The moon and stars would watch down upon me while all I did was obsess over her. I remember fate had been watching too because a week later she fractured her foot and Will was a friend in need.

Turns out, Mel had to heavily convince him to let me step up to the plate. Even after I saved his sorry ass, I couldn’t believe him. For a guy with such a generic name he was actually smart. He just never truly trusted me, but she did and that was all I needed. Suddenly I was a tag team champion. We had our miscommunications early on but I picked up the pinfall five straight matches to begin winning Will over. Suddenly Mel was cheering me on just as much, started coming out for any of my singles matches. I remember seeing the way she looked at me continuing to change each week...

...each week.....

... remember...

A chortled cough is followed up by Marf jolting up from his odd spot on the hotel floor. There’s a lot of beer stains and other stains he really shouldn’t be lying on that carpet. He looks like he just got off a rollercoaster.

Marf: So each week we’ve gone on this adventure. So very many of us. Some dropped out while some arrived late to the party. Not trying to single you out, Baphomet, but that goes especially for you. In case you didn’t notice, we already have a culty dude in Witness so you may as well go back from whence you came. I’m sure you can find other things to do with that left hand of yours...

And speaking of jerkoffs, Champ Sportsfuck, I’m still trying to figure out how you believe you’re actually a favorite in this match. All these athletic games may have given you one too many concussions. I’d be more excited if this was a regular match so I could drop you on your head one last time. But alas, tossing your delusional ass out of that ring will have to suffice.

Just like Doctor Louis D’Ville seems to consider barely showing up for this to be suffice. Just another big name I’m supposed to be worried about or something. Doesn’t matter to me, whether you’re at the bottom or top of the card, in that battle royale I’m ruining everyone’s night.

Marf gets up slowly from the floor and runs a hand through his thickening brown beard. There’s a lot of frustration in his face, likely from trying to recall everybody’s name.

Marf: I’m pretty sure every single competitor has gone in depth in discussing the likes of Corey Smith, Thad Duke and Chris Page. What else can even be said about them anymore? All of them just so filled with pent up frustrations, all distracted by the big shiny title they think is theirs to claim. I don’t even know if it’s worth going for any of you at this point seeing as how everyone else will be doing the same thing. Whatever, have fun with that.

But if we’re going to talk about fun well then of course I gotta bring up Barney Green. Trash man I think I may have failed to give you the benefit of the doubt. You’re actually way more fun than these so-called superstars of XWF. A fading ego, crumbling from age and getting desperate for that last hurrah. Oh it’ll be a blast to get violent with you, someone on their absolute edge. Yeah I get it, I’m new and you don’t really know me so you think you can just steamroll over me. But you’ll be sorely mistaken if that’s your big plan. Yeaaaaah we’ll have some fun!

Marf claps his big paws together a couple times to show his sudden excitement. His biceps ripple with each clap.

Marf: Alias, it’ll be a shame if we have to cross paths but I’m sure we’ll light it up. If we gotta go down that route just know that you’re the only damn one I actually respect. Thank you for bringing something fresh and fun to the table! Good luck dear sir!

Hmm, something else that is a shame is the disappearances of Ash Quinn, Atari Themis, Reggie Estrada, Bobby Bourbin, Graves, Ruckus and Job Guy. All those bright flames already fizzled out and we haven’t even gotten to the damn pay per view. What a damn shame. I’ll be honest, I don’t care about any of you. Well except for maybe Ashley. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder and I sure miss you...

Oh and of course he had to go and make it creepy. He even blows a kiss to the camera. The sick grin stretches across his worn face while he sighs awkwardly.

Marf: What else? Geri Vayden is showing up? Cool beans, I look forward to showing her the floor. She can bond with all the other bruised egos. Again I know, I get it I’m the new guy I should be more respectful and just be glad to share a ring with y’all or some bullshit. But I don’t, and I will reiterate I do not care who anyone is. I’m just there to crush dreams. Sorry Geri, you’re showing up so that’ll include you.

It’ll also include James Evans. Even if I don’t want to. You’re a nasty little snot and I hope your attitude gets you eliminated right off the bat. At least that will leave you some extra time to rant some more about how you don’t actually suck. And how it’s definitely not your fault you’re never going to win anything meaningful ever again. Go ahead and get pissy and come after me for saying this, I’ll happily fuckin break you. That’s a promise, remember that...

Uh oh...

... remember...

I remember Mel promised to have my back always for being such a great friend to her and her lovely fiancé. I remember it was a night of celebration, another tag title defense for Will and Marf. Mel was getting closer to being cleared. Everything was precious. I remember Will left for the hotel early, bothered that his fiancé would bring up that new friend Marf had made the pinfall now for the fifth straight match. I remember this was the first real night that she started to open up to me.

Mel began to express her doubts brought upon by her not-so-magnificent fiancé. She confided in me that night and I remember the look in her eyes when we hugged goodnight. She was completely blinded by that list to stay on top of the world, stay relevant. She trusted me more than her own partner and she couldn’t see the monster underneath. I remember that was the night I went to sleep knowing everything would go exactly as I had dreamed...

Fast forward a couple more weeks and Will is teaming with me for the last time. Mel was to be cleared to compete the following day. One last tag title defense before old Marfy would be shoved back into his box. It was time to speed things up. I remember midway through the match there was some melee in the ring. I remember planting that picture perfect accidental looking superkick directly onto Will Rage’s generic jaw. He dropped like the bitch he was and I fended off our opponents. Eventually we won the match, but not before Will threw me out of the ring so he could finally get the pinfall.

Will was immediately suckered after the match. But no sooner did poor Will Rage get dropped on his ass yet again I got back in that ring and cleaned house. Mel entered the ring afterwards and raised my arm to celebrate the victory. I remember the look on his face when he got up and saw her with me was fucking priceless. He shoved me aside and aggressively gave one of the tag belts to Mel before marching off to the back to be alone with his sadboy thoughts. I remember Mel gave me a look that in itself was priceless too before she gave chase to her mopey husband to be. I had them both exactly where I wanted and they had no idea...

...no idea...

... remember.....

Marf at last snaps back to reality. Two flashbacks in one promo this is wild. Must be a finale or something. Marf gives his head a shake before speaking up.

Marf: I have no idea what is left to be said. I’m sure a few of you will get in your final late shots. Say what you need to say. None of it matters anymore. The countdown is almost over. The battle royale is almost here. Not one of you is safe as long as I’m in there. I don’t care who you are, I’m more than happy to throw hands and then throw you out. A lot of names will fall and I look incredibly forward to being responsible for as many as possible.

New friends and future pals, I’ll see you real soon!

Aaaaaand that is it as we fade to that beautiful and inviting black.

2x Xtreme Champion
2x Television Champion
2x Freestyle Champion
5x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Member of Charlie’s Carnies
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Marf's post:
ALIAS (11-25-2020), Barney Green (11-25-2020), Corey Smith (11-26-2020)