Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-25-2024, 12:50 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » High Stakes RP Board
Spoilers!
Azrael Erebus Offline
NovaStar

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

11-20-2020, 11:58 PM

Lights! Camera! Action!

An empty stage ignites with illumination and in the distance, a figure emerges. Shadowy at first, the overwhelming radiance of the dazzling glow, keeps the identity secret. Sauntering methodically to the dead center of the platform, the spotlights lower ever so slightly, revealing the man that came from the stars. That always magnificent and enchanting marvel - Azrael Erebus. He removes a microphone from the back pocket of his trousers and strikes a pose. With a quick jerk of his head, he tosses his hair from his face, microphone held high in his hand. There are brilliant, momentary flashes of light that accompany his actions and it's extremely evident, that he is about to speak.

[Image: NnoKmYx.gif]

"Well hello there, ladies and gentlemen. It's been awhile, hasn't it but now, I'm back. Your friendly neighborhood spaceman. No powers or regeneration factor to speak of... yet I am feeling as fabulous as ever. As you can see, I am still rocking my human façade. Given the circumstances, it seems fitting and rather appropriate, don't you think? Towering at a sexy, statuesque, seven feet tall, doesn't work with the criteria any further and I am far more comfortable looking this way. Not to mention the fact that wearing a disguise tends to keep an armada of former adversaries, from nearly every corner of space, time and reality... well, it tends to keep them at bay. Somewhat. I'm still alive so it must be working and since I have a finite existence and I'm minus a healing factor, that is crucial."

"I may be over a thousand but now, I have a definite life expectancy. Longer than most beings, it is still not a forever, to the end of time, sort of deal anymore. I was twenty six, when my essence was fused with a Gaia's and that granted me a bit of a fountain of youth, right along with my amazing abilities. No longer is that the case, the clock is back to ticking again. So that's where I'm at currently and while I'm not withering away into an instantaneous pile of dust, every year I will continue to age and experience the effects along the way. I might even get grey hair, isn't that a hoot? Oh and check this out."

A quick grin, flashes across Azrael's face as he produces a pair of black rimmed spectacles from his pocket and puts them on. Gesturing upward toward them, he feigns a look of surprise.

"I used to have perfect vision, fucking immaculate and now, I need glasses. Not all the time but still, this is a drastic difference from before."

Shaking his head, Azrael removes his glasses and places them back in his pocket.

"I suppose it could be worse, they could be... bi or trifocals and it makes sense that I require them, Ezra needs glasses and I am his father. It's just really weird for me and hard to accept. I had to go to the doctor recently, as well. For actual medical attention. Nothing too serious, nevertheless it was bizarre. Which brings me to my upcoming match at High Stakes. Much as it has been like, for a little while now, the injuries that I receive, will make an impact. It will sincerely take me time to heal and yet, here I am. Ready and willing to participate in battle and put my body at risk of damage. Why not, right? You only live once. Might as well do it to the fullest and I am very passionate, when it comes to a real good fight. Nothing quite like a brutal, contest of combat to get the fires burning and make you feel truly alive. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed."

Cheeky chuckle and a smile.

"My opponents for my future fray are Jim Jimson and Broken Oswald Autem. We will be taking part in a Triple Threat - One Fall match and there's an opportunity to acquire a shot for the Television title. A belt that I previously carried for 297 days, it holds a special place in my heart, I mean I did technically create it. I was given the privilege to alter a title that I won and the Television championship was born. That was a wild ride and I wouldn't alter a single moment. It would be awesome to carry that title again, especially since I'd have to pull off the feat, without any extraordinary gifts to aid me in the endeavor. Same as any average, human wrestler employed within the company. That would mean, while my powers were an asset, they weren't the only reason I was a successful wrestler."

"Many moons ago, I was a warrior and I saved my home planet from the brink of destruction. I didn't have any exceptional, otherworldly abilities then, nothing beyond the skills that I honed on my own and I fared remarkably well. Impressive, when it is taken into account, that I was all of sixteen and the skinniest I have ever been, ever... when I was forced to take part in the war initially. Nevertheless, I adapted, survived and thrived and I am confident that warrior is still within me, I merely need to summon him forth and I fully intend on doing precisely that. Starting with my impending skirmish. Triple Threat - One Fall. Against Broken Oswald Septum and Jim Jimson."

"A man of means and talents in the ring, Oswald is a member of BOB. A group that constantly seems to be looking out for new recruits. He mainly wrestles on Anarchy. A show that I have never wrestled on. His skills seem to have served him well and at the same time, there's something about him that sets him apart from others. I can't put my finger on what it could be, specifically detecting such things isn't a knack that I possess any longer. All I know is that he emits a peculiar vibe and it triggers my instincts that usually warn me to proceed with caution. Fight or flight, in that scenario I usually stand and fight. Oswald may trigger that sensation; however, I do not fear him nor will it make me hesitate to enter that ring and exchange blows with the man. I have walked down paths far more dangerous than the one that will lead me into battle with that bald, bearded, smug, ascot wearing asshole. Powers or no powers, I stride willingly into the fray, always."

"Then there's Jim Jimson. Watching his promos gives me the worst headache, I can't handle it. Makes me feel like my skull is splitting in half. Not only that but if you take ibuprofen during his promotional video, it cancels the drugs out of your system. It's like you never took them. That's unreal. This man also somehow possesses the power to multiply himself and when more than a single, solitary Jim, starts prattling on, it's enough to make your brain implode. You wish for deafness. Sudden silence to overtake you and your ability to hear sound to be revoked. At least that's what happened to me. Apparently he also has an unnatural and disturbing love for dolphins. Being that I am not human and I hail from another planet, I am not a speciesist, still partaking in bestiality is a line I would never cross, that's fucking disgusting and a crime against nature. Word on the street is that Jim loves dolphins a tad too much and just might participate in the act. Which is gross and I hope is nothing more than a rumor."

"Luck has smiled upon him in his last two matches though and it appears things are coming up Jimson. This won't be the case when we encounter each other within the squared circle. That creepy, beady eyed freak is going down. I am going to physically dismantle him in the ring and fuck his world up. The man won't be able to walk right, ever again. For the rest of his life, he's going to be stumbling around, like one of his legs is shorter than the other. He most likely will have to go on permanent disability. Something he should be on already, based on his poor mental health status. Seriously, that man is nuttier than a box of cracker jacks and a total dunderhead."

"Anyway, in short, I am going into this fight with a fiery blaze, smoldering deep inside me to claim victory and I aim to give it my all. A furious desire to viciously destroy and conquer. To triumph over the competition and attain that chance to claim the TV title as mine. I demand satisfaction and I will not be denied. My rivals in combat are going to have to kill me, in order to stop me from winning the match and securing that shot for the Television championship. This alien is determined and the inferno that burns within me, won't be snuffed out. There's a new dawn approaching on the horizon, can you see it for it is all my eyes are focused on. And mine eyes shall never be redirected. Not now, not ever again."

"Is it true?"

"Ye..."

Azrael pauses and looks over at his daughter Lila, arms crossed and starts to laugh as a grin forms on his face.

"No. Totally not true. False truth."

"False truth?"

"Yeah, you know when someone claims something is the truth and it's not, that's a false truth. Duh."

Still snickering, Azrael crosses the kitchen and busies himself with the coffee pot, quickly refilling his cup.

"So you aren't wrestling again?"

"Noooo..."

He slowly turns.

"ooooo..."

Then sees a flyer for High Stakes in her hand and bursts out laughing.

"Alright, yeah. I'm wrestling again. It's time."

"It's time?"

"Yeah! Absolutely! I'm looking forward to it too."

"Did you get yourself cleared to wrestle?"

"MMhmm."

Full on sip of coffee, straight through his answer.

"Really?"

"No, but it's not like I was sick, with some kind of virus and besides, I feel great. Better than great. Fantastic. Everything is completely healed too and all that's left is a scar. That doesn't seem to be going away, which is infuriating to say the least because in over a thousand years, I didn't have to worry about that but shit happens. So what if my body will be disfigured for the rest of my life, at least I have my health and now, I am really focusing on my career in the XWF again. This time it's going to be different."

"This time you can get injured."

"Yeah! This time I can get injured! Yay! All right! Woohoo!"

"Maybe even die."

"Oh don't be silly, I'm not going to die in the ring. Everything will be fine, sweetheart. No need to worry."

"You can't predict that."

"Sure, I can."

"No, you can't. You don't have this... 'mysterious way' of simply knowing things anymore, dad."

"Of course I do, it's relatively easy. Watch."

Broad smile, Azrael gestures his hand outward, in a theatrical manner.

"I'm not going to die in the..."

Pauses for effect and then speaks with great emotion.

"Squared circle!"

Lila rolls her eyes and takes a moment to refill her cup with coffee as Azrael strolls around the island divider, slides into a seat and snags a doughnut from a box near him, promptly taking a bite.

"In all seriousness."

Swallows bite of doughnut.

"I'll be fine. Do you know how many people would be dead if the risk was that great? There wouldn't be a company or roster and Vinnie Lane, would be in prison, for creating a truly, hazardous work environment, secretly designed for murder. The H. H. Holmes of the wrestling world. If Shane wasn't even that, there's no way Vinnie Lane, could be."

"Alright, maybe I'm overreacting but if something did happen, then Rebel would have to raise Aurora and Hayden, all alone and they would never get to know their dad. The man that gave them..."

Lila didn't get to finish her words, before Azrael silences her with a doughnut pushed into her mouth, after leaping up from his seat and rushing around the island divider.

"Shhh! Spoilers!"

[Image: ybmVXWb.jpg]

2x Universal Champion (First reign was less than a day though, lol. Due to Sebastian Duke cashing in his briefcase.)
2x Tag Team Champion
3x Triple Tag Team Champion
1x Television Champion
2x US Champion (Title retired during my second reign as champ.)
2x X-Treme Champion
1x Bombshell Champion
2x HMW Champion
2x SOTM
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Azrael Erebus's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (11-21-2020), Mr. Oz (11-22-2020), Thunder Knuckles™ (11-25-2020)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Azrael Erebus's post!
Mr. Oz (11-22-2020)