Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 02:54 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » High Stakes RP Board
One Shot
Halocen Offline
Punk Rock Princess

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

11-20-2020, 11:03 AM

"One Shot"

I keep playing it over again and again in my mind. My shot at the FMW title. The bright light, cheering fans, hell even the stomach-turning smells of hot dogs and popcorn. I stood in the gorilla position waiting for the pop of the current champ, Jaro to die down. Then it was my turn!! My entrance music blared and it was on!!

I ran through the pyro and smoke grinning ear to ear. I pointed directly at the champ and ran full speed down to the ring, grinning the whole way. This was my big shot, my one shot at the big prize. I hadn't been in the fed that long but I got a gigantic push from the get-go. Management said I had the potential to be a great foil for Jaro's evilness, they were even going to build a stable around me. I was crazy excited.

The match went back and forth as all good ones do. We each landed a few signature moves. I got the crowd to yell out the obligatory "Oh Shit" pop as I sentoned on top of Jaro knocking him to the floor outside. I slid him back in ready for the finisher. I climbed the turnbuckle, mugged for the crowd, and did a perfect 450 splash. The ref counted to three and raised my hand high. It was one of the greatest moments of my life. Now I have a chance to grab that glory again!

My two opponents are all that stand in my way between me and another shot at gold. One is a returning champ and I know from studying old tapes she is a beast and tasted gold before. Much like Ash against Jenny, I can't underestimate her and lose my one shot at reclaiming greatness. I want this more than anything. It may not be the most prestigious title this place has, but the up and comers like myself and Lycana can strive to make it that way. Strive to make the boys take notice. It would be one of the highlights of my career.

All three of us wouldn't have gotten this huge push if we weren't grabbing some attention. Like I said before Themis was a returning vet that could grab heat just by smiling. She is beautiful and has been in this position before. What helps us, is that fact. She has been here before. I'm young and hungry. At least as far as this place goes. She may have the outlook of been there done that. She has seemed rather stand-offish since her return. Even doing laundry while speaking about that Marf dude. With this being for a shot at the strap she once held I am still not taking my eye off her.

She flaunts the ho-hum attitude like a badge of honor, mentioning her foreign heritage and making herself sound superior. I come from South Florida and fought my way up through crappy indie feds putting up with some of the worst sexism and sexual harassment I have ever seen. It makes Gilly's penis talk and Tommy's foot fetish look like kindergarten playground talk. You may be from Themyscara or where ever the hell it is, but that doesn't make you any better. As a matter of fact, it really hurts you because you underestimate me and expect less.

Lycana, I really don't know too much about you and that's on me. Not knowing your history all I found was a shitty wiki that hasn't been updated in forever, I do know that you tend to gravitate toward the dark side of things with Hecate and all. That's cool we don't really have an Undertaker's bitch ass daughter in the fed so you fill a big hole. Just don't do any voodoo sacrifices or anything like that. I will let ya know right now, it's hard to find a live chicken in Tombstone.

That and I am one that doesn't like needles. The only little prick around here is Big D I have heard through the grapevine. Ladies talk and all. They say he can't even see it unless he uses a mirror. Can you believe it!

--------------------------------------------------

I found the hotel we were put up in easy enough. Being in a decent match and the PPV aspect gave us sweet digs. There was a throng of reporters and fans outside jabbing mics, cameras, and autograph books (do people still use those) in the incoming wrestler's faces. I thought I could sneak in behind the likes of Thad and TK but I was wrong.

Reporters and fans swamped me. I smiled and posed for selfies with fans and tried to answer questions as best as I could. They really wanted to talk about the push I'm getting and the accolades I was getting from folks in the back. I blushed, telling the press that it reminded me of my days in FMW and that here in XWF there is only one way to go, UP!

Finally getting through the lobby congestion I made it up to my room, cracking open a beer. Alone with my thoughts, I was able to stamp down the rush of adrenaline the craziness had started to cause. A smoke out on the balcony and some fresh air should help. Lighting the cig and taking a deep drag, I looked off into the night. Tombstone was off in the distance. I could see them starting the setup for the show. I bet they hadn't seen anything like this since the days of Billy the kid. I laughed a throaty laugh and went back into my room. Alone with my thoughts is always a dangerous proposition

[Image: BTzOS4e.gif]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Halocen's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (11-20-2020), Atara Raven (11-20-2020), Lycana (11-20-2020), Theo Pryce (11-29-2020)