Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 02:15 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » High Stakes Battle Royale RP Board
Chapter 4: The Sun, The Moon and The Stars
Witness Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

11-14-2020, 10:06 PM

Chapter 4: Sun, Moon and Stars

“Come with me.”

The masked man beckons you from the courtyard. You slowly approach the man. He stands at the foot of a shallow grave that you and a few members of the congregation had dug at his request. With his left foot he kicks a small pile of dirt into the hole.

“Now I’ve told you that the earth needed to be fed, but now isn’t the time to explain why, instead we shall continue on our preparations for the battle that is to come.” The man turns towards you, as you pull the leather bound book from your nap sack and open it up. “On the fourth day the creator gave us the sun, the moon and the stars. We need to ask ourselves, why? Why was this order chosen? Was there something greater in mind?”

You give a half hearted nod as he squats down and begins to use his finger to draw in the dirt. It’s a crude representation, but the point is made. A rough outline of the stars, moon and sun.

“Without these three there would be nothing. He gave us light, but only for a moment. He’s given us land, plants, and protection. Now we need the sun to help sustain life. So that it may thrive and grow. So it can become what it is destined to be. The moon keeps the tides in order, it makes it so we aren’t washed away without a second thought. The stars are there to remind us that there is more out there. That we must never never be content. We must always be moving forward and not reliving the past” The man lets out a small laugh.

“And that’s what we are doing. We are reaching for and becoming one with the stars. While so many others lean on their past theatrics, and same old rigmarole that they can’t seem to stray from. We will move on. We have to be better than them, to show them the errors of their ways.” The man stands up and quickly covers the drawing with his foot. The whole picture blends together. Barely visible anymore. “Or else that’s what we will become. A world without order. A world where no man, woman, or child wants to live. Hell, a world where no one can thrive. It would be a world ran by the most vicious and deplorable of people.”

”You mean how it is now?”
You stated with a tone of validation and confidence.

“Very much so.” The man gives you a nod.“The last thing we can possibly have happen is the war to be won by someone who is willing to sacrifice the greater good. Someone who is capable of falling under the spell of another human.”

“You mean House Smith?” You begin to furiously write in the book.

“Indeed. Everyone sees him as a threat, as they should. The second he decided to enter the battle, the masses have said he will be the one left standing. We cannot have that. The world doesn’t want that. They have all been brainwashed into thinking that way, and we must show them otherwise.” The man points towards the shallow grave. “This is where House Smith belongs. That’s not me being curt, that’s the truth. For his sins he deserves to be in the ground next to the pit bull he was once attached to. He earns no sympathy from me. He was broken. He was manipulated. He was created to be this way. There is no changing him. He is incapable of change and that is his biggest flaw. Relying on techniques and never growing past his only appeal. The only thing he’s worthy of, is a spike to the temple, and a quick release from this mortal coil.”

The way he speaks about one man throws you off a bit. This isn’t how he’s presented himself and you know a war is coming, that sacrifices will have to be made, but it doesn’t deter you from your mission. Before you can even say anything he continues.

“And I’m sure he will have help. Because that’s what he needs. He’s incapable of being on his own. He needs his lemmings. That’s where House Duke comes into play. That poor naive child. He can’t even get over Lord Page, and his compatriots, and he thinks that he is deserving of winning this battle? He’s far too unfocused to make it to the finish line. Sure Smith said that he would allow him his moment, but that’s not the Duke’s way.” The man quickly turns his head towards you. “And why is that? Because no matter how much he would try to convince himself it was earned, that’s not how Father would see it. It would be an asterisk next to his name. Forever linked with someone handing him something. For someone as cocky and arrogant as he is, that’s going to eat him alive.”

“You mentioned Lord Page….”Yet before you could get any further, a hand is placed in front of your face.

“Yes, Page. You want to know what his major flaw is? I’ll tell you.” The man lowers his hand from your face, and places it over his chest. “He has no heart.” You give the man a crooked eye but he pays you no attention. “When he started he wanted to be the best, now he’s already abandoned his quest to destroy the realm. He has always been the person to play with his food rather than just eat it. Do you know what happens if you allow prey to live longer than expected?”

“...”

“They learn to survive. They learn to fight and they will not be as forgiving. His entire life is predicated in the simple fact he thinks he’s greater than he really is. We all need to have arrogance. Ego, but what he lacks is the desire. He’s fought many great battles here, but he always comes up just short. He wants to be remembered, but all he’s doing is tarnishing an already tarnished legacy. Now he needs to create caricatures of himself to make him seem more like a threat, when all he really is, is nothing more than a broken old man, holding onto hopes and dreams that will never be fulfilled.”

Feverishly you scribble in the notebook, this slight break of character isn’t normal and you must notate it for the next witness.

“Then as always there’s a man named Alias. He’s been around before, hell even before my time. Well traveled and a sharp wit. The problem with Alias, is the same thing that has hounded him before. A true motivating factor to drive him. So callous with his words, and quick to point out the obvious, but always missing the bigger picture. Always one step behind the rest of the pack. He makes all of his silly little jokes, allows others to feed off of him, and for what? The chance to maybe be taken seriously? He just doesn’t realize that coming for me with those idiocy quips, is like trying to get blood from a stone. Try and try as he will, it’s just not going to happen.”

“Okay sir, that’s all well and good, but what about the others? The undesirables?” You say while not looking up from the book. The man stops for a second and tilts his head towards you. You can feel his eyes peering deep into your soul.

“Well why don’t you tell me what I should think about them.” The request causes you to lower the book. Your mouth agape as he continues. “The thing about the book is that it shouldn’t all be about my trials. It should also reflect what you’re going through, what you’re thinking. So…. tell me. What are your thoughts?”

You take a deep breath and think for a moment. He lets out a bellowing harsh cough. He raises a cloth to his mouth and when he pulls it away you can see a small crimson splotch on the white handkerchief.

“Are you okay?” You place a hand on his shoulder. He quietly brushes your hand away and nods. You give him a small eye roll. “Yeah last time I checked blood from the mouth is always a good sign.”

“If I were you, I’d make sure I didn’t step out of line. What’s happening with me, is my business.” He quickly kicks some more dirt into the grave. “If we are in agreement, then I guess it’s time for you to bury them. Don’t hesitate. Just speak from your gut with conviction. They are just words. If people can’t live with them then they aren’t ready for battle.”

Once again he turns an eye towards you. You slowly close your eyes and swallow deeply. With a short breath you relax your shoulders.

“Well we both know that I don’t think we should treat everyone as a threat. You and I have differing opinions on that one. You tend to see that everyone has a place in war, but they don’t. Some people just aren’t built for it and it shows. Prime examples are Marf and Quinn. The two of them combined couldn’t understand the complexities of what is actually going to happen. Quinn is too busy trying to get the world to believe that she has the best assets, but what she’s really lacking is any kind of discernible skills. The same thing goes for Marf, except he isn’t trying to get people to look at his ass. All he wants is for someone to think he’s relevant but he couldn’t even beat a mediocre talent.”

The man rolls his hand signaling for you to continue.

“The guy couldn’t even beat someone who wasn’t even trying, and we are supposed to see him as a threat? No fucking way. He lost to Atara. The Queen of Mediocre. The woman who took the XWF by storm one year ago. Everyone thought it was going to be a hurricane, turns out it was just scattered showers. A few highlights, but nothing to really call their own. Then the people that have taken this battle as a joke. Graves, Bourbon, Estrada, Doc, and The Job Guy. They didn’t realize what they were getting into and it shows. Their lack of effort and care means that we should give them the same amount of time and effort. I don’t think we should be wasting our time on them. If they can’t give the proper effort why should we?”

“That’s one way to look at it. Carry on.”

“Well you left out two people that have given the effort but for some reason you’ve yet to mention them at all.” You open the boom and flip through a few pages. “A Champ Sportsman, and a Barney Green.”

“Did I now? Very well then…. impress me.” With a quick clear of your throat you continue.

“Well let’s start with the low hanging fruit…” You pause for a moment. “Damn when the bar is set so low that choosing between the two of them seems as if it’s impossible. They are both so low on the totem pole that it’s no wonder you haven’t talked about them. So I’ll start with the unknown then. Champ. The guy has the tools to be one of the best… then I saw him hanging out with Big D. The same guy who claims titles from all over the world, only to fall short here. Sure he’s held a few but it doesn’t look like he held onto them for very long. After just a few minutes of research I have concluded that no matter what Champ says, it can’t be taken seriously because of his attachment towards Big D.”

“That seems succinct enough. Tell me about the other one.”

“Oh Barney?” You laugh to yourself. “That guy is a fucking trip man. He’s still hanging onto things that happened nearly a decade ago.”

“It’s fine to hang your hat on things you have accomplished in the past. That’s why we fight.” The man interrupted you, as you raised your hand to silence him. He gives you a slight head tilt.

“Yes that’s normally the case, but here with him…. not so much. You see he won the top title at a time when the top title was technically a secondary title… long story but the gist of it all was he did it at a time when the real talent wasn’t allowed to battle. They were barred from competition because of reasons. There was no talent therefore the best of the worst took too reign. So I guess we can send him a fruit basket congratulating him on being the best of the worst.”

“Well what happened when the gates were opened again?”

“Oh the guy fell off the face of the earth. He’s a garbage man now. He might as well be picking up the corpses of Marf, Estrada, Quinn, Themis, and Doc… now that I think about it…. he really is the best of the worst.” You give a half hearted shrug.

“Did you get all of that out of your system?”

“I think so.” You nod and smile widely.

“Very well. Now tell me something. What do they all have in common?” You take a moment to ponder the question.

“I mean they are all running into the battle thinking they are going to win, but simple math dictates that isn’t going to be the case.”

“Yes. But there is something else.”

“I...uh… don’t know.” The man nods his head.

“Day four Sun, Moon and Stars. Everyone thinks they are the Sun in which the world rotates. They all crave to be the center of attention, but most of them aren’t worthy of the minimal attention they’ve been given.”

The man turns and begins to walk towards the doors of the sanctuary, as you follow behind him.

“Everyone wants to be the focal point. Why else would they go into a battle where the numbers are insurmountable?” He holds up his hand with his index finger and thumb about an inch apart. “Because all they have to do is be this close, and they can claim it as a victory.”

The two of you approach the door. It opens slowly as you enter the great hall. Walking down the aisle you allow your hand to float over the pews. He stops in the middle of the room as you clumsily knock into him. He points towards the ceiling.

“Up there is where everyone thinks they are.”

On the ceiling all the constellations are painted. The moon along one side and the sun on the other.

“They all think that we all revolve around them, or they are a star millions of light years away from the rest. When they should be concerned with the fact they are right here, on this planet. When you are only worried about what people think of you…. that’s when you need to finally come to grips with what you’re actually doing this all for.” The man looks over to you. “They have all lost sight of what they are here for. I haven’t. I’m here to make sure the future stays on the correct course. I’m here to step from the shadows and show them we aren’t to be trifled with. I’m here to make them see what a real war looks like. Go back to your quarters…. it’s almost time.”

The man walks towards the stage and disappears behind the curtain. You stand there looking up at the ceiling when there is a tap on your shoulder. You turn around and find no one there. Suddenly a chill runs down your spine. You look around the room for a sign of anything, but there isn’t another soul in the room. As the camera fades to black.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Witness's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (11-29-2020), Barney Green (11-14-2020), HeavensToBetsy (11-19-2020)