Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-25-2024, 08:39 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Soft Deadline Wayward Son
Barney Green Offline
Back In Black

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

11-03-2020, 11:54 PM

Let's talk facts, shall we? We got a guy like Chris Page who has traveled the mountain many times in the past. I can respect that. But this isn't WGWF anymore. This is the XWF. My home for many years. I admit I did a crossover match in the WGWF before but that was different. It was a chance to face Legion. Wasn't gonna drop that.

Representing XWF until the day I die. I admit I have had my flaws as a person but its not about how you start, Its about how you finish. This is the first time in eight fucking years, I have felt this way. You are looking at a veteran of many violent matches. A man who should've quit but won't. A true man of the people. Pass me another White Claw!

Now, I admit I am not the best wrestler and I am considered the rookie in this match despite having twelve years of experience in the ring. But anybody would be considered a rookie facing off against Old Man Page.

You are looking at the man that is taking his shot at you. You may be fifty years old but I am thirty-six with a lot more mileage on my body. You never had to sacrifice and claw your way to the top like I have. Falling through panes of glass. Shattered light tubes raining over your head.

I've been waiting for this opportunity as I take another sip of my white claw. I respect everything you have done for the business and know whatever happens out there, I will always respect you. I'll even drink a beer with you after the match.

I may be viewed as a joke but that's okay. Former World Champion in my own right. Something that I did through my hard work and battling against the odds. This match is strictly business and I would've been a fool not to jump at this opportunity even though it meant angering the beast.

I wanna see what you are truly capable of stepping into the ring against somebody like me. A guy who has nothing to lose but everything to gain. Not saying i'm gonna cheat because I won't do that if you keep it fair and square.

Always the controversial figure and I can respect that. We are both controversial in different ways. I will never back down from a fight and always spoke my mind. Resulting in some occasions where I got fired from the XWF but that's alright. My mind is right in that regard.

You did what you felt was right and so did I. Its only fitting that we finally cross paths. You may have been on the enemies side for many years but it is what it is. Now, You come here and probably expected an easy ride facing me. The only difference this time is I am giving you everything I physically have left in me.

I can go in a regular match. I got that warriors heart still like "Irish" Micky Ward. He was thirty-seven when he stepped into the ring against Arturo Gatti and started off perhaps the greatest trilogy of boxing matches I ever got to witness. Even though Ward lost soundly in that last fight, It was one hell of a story.

Stranger things have happened in pro wrestling. What happens if I do beat you, Page? Do we shake hands and have a beer afterwards or is it gonna get ugly? I know i'll shake your hand afterwards and offer a beer if I lose to you. Only time will tell what happens.

People out there talking about how I don't have it in me anymore. They are sadly mistaken when it comes to this fight. They will be proven wrong. I still got The Green Pack behind me. Even if BOB is pissed at me, It is what it is. I am gonna handle this on my own.

Still wanna be a member and after this, i am done picking fights with my friends. I let my rage consume me a bit and it won't happen again. Pound back another shot and i'm good to go. Crank up that music as well.

Some people say I actually look better drunk but who knows? I am just a straight up brawler from Boston. Either gonna be icing up my body after this match or breaking out the ben gay because getting old sucks. Got a couple moves ready to unleash in what looks to be a challenging match.

"Like A Prayer" is really a fitting tune at this point. Madonna always knew how to get me motivated to do business like I should. Never hid who I was from anyone. One positive is I never tried to make any moves in the ring because that wasn't my style. If I'm looking for a night of passion, I am sticking to the bar room. No need to bring that into the workplace. Who I sleep with is really no one's business.

Hope you all are ready for this, XWF. I'm coming to Warfare for the first time in a long time. Traveling to Berlin apparently. Should bring warmer clothes I guess. They got that good German Beer that got me all fucked up last time. I think I passed out on a street corner. Fun times that was.

The scene opens up inside of a dimly lit gym where we see Barney Green, dressed in a black t-shirt, black jogging pants with a lime green stripe on the sides, and no shoes, training in the middle of the ring. He starts by running the ropes a bit. He runs and goes for a diving splash into the middle of the ring. He lands it no problem and gets back up. We see John Laurinaitis, Dressed in a navy blue shirt with navy blue pants and black sneakers, go to speak.

John: You got this champ. You feeling good?

Barney: I feel better than I have felt in a long time.

John climbs into the ring with Barney. John goes to speak.

John: That's good. You look in the best shape of your life. I cannot believe you are back, though.

Barney: I went through a rough patch thinking I was dead and whatnot. It happens.

John: Glad you got your head on straight.

Barney reaches into the corner of the ring and takes a swig of water from his water bottle. Barney goes to speak.

Barney: Last time I ever do hash. So many different colors I saw. I'll stick to the beer and seeing the pink elephant. At least the elephant is friendly.

John just face palms and goes to speak again.

John: You gotta stay focused, champ. The demons never go away but you gotta learn to tune them out. You definitely aren't getting any younger. Looking at that right knee. Its basically bone on bone. You cannot keep doing this much longer.

Barney: I know that but the fans depend on me to give them a show each time i come out. What can I possibly do?

John: You got a decent paying job. Why sacrifice it for more TV time?

Barney takes a swig of his water and goes to speak.

Barney: The money is decent, yes. I agree with that but at the same time, I am gonna aim higher than I have ever aimed before for this run.

John: It still doesn't completely answer the question. What could you possibly need at this point in your life? You've exceeded most expectations that were expected out of you.

John pauses as Barney goes to speak.

Barney; Not for me I haven't. I still see that final run in me. Maybe I am not the best wrestler anymore but I got something most people lack. That veteran savvy and ability to change a situation into my favor.

John: That may be true but you are apart of a union which provides job security.

Barney: Maybe so but if there is one final shot at greatness, I am gonna take it and show the XWF there is something more to me than the guy that gets beaten up on TV.

Barney takes another swig from his water bottle and then throws it out the ring. Barney goes to speak.

Barney: I know what I can bring to the table. Something that people don't see too often. That old school style of pro wrestling that is practically lost to the sands of time.

John: That makes sense. you finally answered the question i had. Let's focus on getting you into the best shape you can.

John pauses for a moment as the light goes off and flickers back on.

John: Are you sure this is the best gym you can afford to train at?

Barney: Gotta stick to basics. When I was being brought into this, I trained in an abandoned warehouse many years ago. This is too nice by comparison. Best I can do on such short notice. Let's get back to work.

John and Barney start to circle one another as the scene fades to black.

The following segment has been paid for Bostonian's Objectying Badness in association with Union 441 of Boston Garbage Men.

[Image: juXb2Dg.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Barney Green's post:
B.O.B. D (11-04-2020), Chris Page (11-04-2020), Thunder Knuckles™ (11-03-2020)