Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 12:55 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » High Stakes Battle Royale RP Board
Chapter 1: The Light
Witness Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

10-19-2020, 05:43 AM

Chapter 1: The Light

A church organ bellows throughout the chapel. The parishioners are swaying to the melody. A faint hum covers the room. This isn’t your traditional church, that much is obvious from the second you laid eyes upon the room.

There are no stained glass windows depicting Jesus Christ, or his apostles, nor are there any crucifixes plastered along the walls. You could say the room is poorly lit, but that seems to be by design.

Ornate candelabras line the walls, every few feet another one casts its pale glow. The flickering light of the candles seem to bounce with the organ. You notice that not a single parishioner looks towards you, each one continuing their sway with their heads shrouded and facing the ground.

They don’t seem to be concerned that an outsider has entered their ranks. They either don’t care or don’t realize that what you bring to them can bring them salvation or despair.

You’ve entered into the hornets nest. Unflinching as you walk to the front of the room. No pastor in sight, no one leading the flock. To you it seems as if the blind are leading the blind. Atop three steps, and in the middle of a large stage, sits a podium. Made from what seems to be gold, with a smattering of diamonds throughout placed intricately in the gold. In the room it’s clearly the only thing of value, and seems to be the focal point.

For as you walk up the three steps and stand behind it, all eyes in the room fall onto you. Your heart begins to race, small beads of sweat begin to form on your brow, and catching your breath seems to be something you have to think about, rather than it just happening.

The organ cuts.

The silence weighs heavy. The room becomes thick as suddenly you are thrust to the front of the room. Not knowing what you are going to say. Your mouth goes dry, as a hand falls on your shoulder. A man stands behind you. You don’t feel threatened, as he speaks in a calm, baritone voice.

“Relax. Take a deep breath.” You don’t know why but his words put you at ease. You feel your shoulders loosen and you are able to breathe in unencumbered. “You were brought here for a reason.” You attempt to turn around and face the man, but his grip on your shoulder tightens. “All in time.”

The man lets go of your shoulder, and gently moves you to the side as he takes his place at the podium. As he bows his head, the rest of the parishioners do so as well. From the back of the room a single stomp is heard. Quickly followed by another.

Then Another.

Before your eyes every person in the room is stomping a foot to the ground in unison. The man at the podium ushers you off of the stage, and into a pew in front. The stomping continues as he once again takes his place at the front of the room. He holds up a single hand and the room falls into silence.

“Brothers and sisters, we are all here on this glorious evening to once again show the world that we have been in control the entire time.” The man’s head stays down, obscuring your view. “For far too long we have been on the fringes of society. Spat on for our ideals for no other reason other than we think differently.” A murmur begins to grow in the room. “But I say unto thee… maybe they are the ones whose approach is different. Maybe they put the cart before the horse. When you look down on those looking to change the world, one step at a time you lose sight of what living really is.” The man stops for a second and you can’t quite tell but it looks like he takes a deep breath.

“And what are we living for?” He holds his hands out to the room. As he lifts his head upwards the hood covering his head continues to obscure your view of his face. You can however see a very pale white from behind the shadows.

“I’ll tell you this…. this is not what the creator had in mind when he set out creating everything.” He looks towards the ceiling. “This isn’t what he wanted on that very first day.”

“And what did he do on that first day?” He pauses briefly. “Little did he know that the second he created light, he also created darkness. Just the thought of time here is subjective. The air that you breathe is here because of him.” You sit there hanging onto every word that comes out of the man’s mouth. “He didn’t create all of this for us to question why….”

“Yet there are always nonbelievers. Those are not the ones we are concerned with. No, we are concerned with those that thrive and live in the dark recesses of the world. They claim that they are light in the darkness. That they will show you the path to everlasting love and an eternity of peace.” He looks at you, seemingly, directly. “It’s those who broker in war, are the ones destined to relive that war over and over again.”

“That’s why I choose to stand before you. I will shield you from the darkness that covers this world. I’m willing to go to fight for each and everyone of you.” Finally he breaks his gaze from you and looks back over the room. “I know what I have on my side in a battle of wills and endurance. I have the true power of the first light that has touched this universe. There is nothing that can stop me.” The man takes a step around the podium and stands at the top of the three steps.

“And what is this war we are fighting?” He holds a hand up in the air pointing towards the sky. “We are fighting for that. The others are fighting for greed, oil and accolades. We fight not because we want to, but because we have to. When we show up to the battle it isn’t because we want anything more than the respect we deserve. The respect that we have wanted and craved this entire time.”

“When the creator made the light, he knew what he was doing. He knew that only the truly just would be able to see the flaws. While everyone is convinced that the creator is infallible, that is not entirely true.” The man begins to walk the length of the stage reaching the far side from you when he stops. “Mistakes happen, even to the creator, but I believe that is why we were all led here. To this precise moment in time. We as a collective know what the flaws of this world are, and it is our divine right to fix them.” He begins to walk towards the side of the stage closest to you.

“Yet how do we collectively get those shrouded in darkness to see the light? What can we say to them to change their minds?” You can only assume a puzzled expression across his face. You do however notice what could be a black mustache under the hood.

“For years and years, we have tried to use our words. We have moved in silence, only to be brushed aside.” Talking while he walks back towards the podium. “And why? Because we were too meek? We didn’t have a strong leader in place? No it’s because we were, at the time, too weak to fight. Now I stand before you as the one to lead you to the fight. Lead you through the fight. And above all else…. win the fight.”

“Now I know that many of you have taken a vow of non-violence and I would never lead you astray that’s why I’ll fight alone.” The man reaches inside of his robe and pulls out a cloth bag and sets in on top of the podium. “I know what it’s like to have so many nonbelievers question my will. Many that will oppose me will falter before they even begin. Others will fight valiantly. Some will have words that will be scathing and will cut me to the core. Yet they all will have the one flaw that will cost them in the end.”

“Arrogance. They will all take one look at me standing by my lonesome and see that as a weakness. They will say that they have never seen me in battle before. They will laugh when they see me preaching to the masses and call me a false prophet. They will call me a charlatan, a peddler of misinformation. Yet what they don’t see is their downfall.” Under the cover of the podium the man pulls two things out of the bag and places them down. A slight rattle is heard as he continues. “For it’s the ones that look down upon those who oppose them, that are the quickest to fail. The ones who don’t take all comers as a threat, are always the first to fall by their blade.” The man points towards you, and quietly waves you towards the stage. You are hesitant but as you stand up he begins to talk once more.

“That’s why I am going to treat everyone in this battle as an equal. No matter their importance. No matter how much they say, everyone in battle is a threat.” Each step you take echoes in the room, as you feel once more all eyes fall towards you. The hand that once reassured you once again lands on your shoulder. You no longer feel comfortable as his fingertips dig into your shoulder. They don’t cause any pain, but the intent is most assuredly not good. “To the layman in this war of attrition, you would be seen as a non threat, and as I just said, everyone is a threat. So tell me….” The man leans his face close to your ear, and to you it’s a whisper but in rings heavy in your head. “Why are you here?”

The question catches you off guard. You don’t have a response. Hell you don’t even know why or how you got here. Suddenly you were here in this ‘church’, no memory whatsoever. Hell you can’t even remember your name.

“.....” You try to speak, but your vocal cords tremble. As you open your mouth and fight to get something out, the fingertips loosen.

“It’s okay to not know why you are here. Sometimes you don’t know what you’re looking for until you find it.” The man leaves your side and stands proudly at the front of the stage. “For even a lost sheep needs a shepherd. Someone to show them the way. To lead them to a better tomorrow. This lost soul needs guidance, they do not know what they seek.” He turns towards me and extends both arms outward.

“Join us in this battle…. for the stakes have never been higher.” You tentatively take a step towards him, but something in your gut tells you to stop. The man tilts his head, as his voice becomes gravelly. “Join us… for we are many.”

“We Are Legion” Shocked you stumble backwards, as the chanting of the parishioners catches you off guard. The man takes a step towards you.

“We Are Legion.”

The parishioners continue, getting louder and louder with each step he takes towards you. You stumble and fall to the ground, as the man hovered over you. You kick your feet off the ground but gain no traction. Your feet slip every time and just as he extends a hand to grab you, your foot finally catches the floor. You get to your feet and run down the three steps and head towards the door. A few hands from the pews reach out but you’re able to shrug them off. You take a quick glance over your shoulder and see that no one is chasing you, although all eyes are on you. The man stands on the stage.

“Flight. It’s a perfectly reasonable response to an unknown situation.” You turn your back to the man and jam on the doorknob. It wiggles but seems locked. The man’s voice continues to echo. “Unfortunately for you, the time for flight left long ago. You’ve stepped right into a war and you’ve got no option but to fight.”

Suddenly you turn the knob and a loud click is heard.

“You can try to run…. but there’s nothing to gain from hiding.” You swing the door open and glance backwards one more time. Only this time the man is nowhere to be found, and all the parishioners are facing forward. As you turn towards freedom, you can’t believe your eyes. The man reaches forward and places his palm to your chest.

Your heart rate begins to spike. The room begins to spin. Your stomach is in knots. As you fall flat on your back, hitting the ground with a large thud. You’re only out for a matter of seconds as you feel your foot being lifted up off the ground. Your hair drags across the marble floor. The man walks a few paces in front.

“The only mistake that was made here, was your attempt to flee.” You feel your body being lifted off the ground, try as you might but you can’t lift your head. “While running is always an option, only the coward runs during the battle.” Your body is set down in a chair, as your head slumps down. “The true sign of a great man is what happens when he is captured and released into the battle again.”

“For once you’ve seen war, there is going back. There are no more blissful days. No more dreams of a better tomorrow. There is only survival.” You feel the man’s hand grab you by the back of your hair and tugs your hair back. You sit there struggling to open your eyes and when you finally open them you are greeted by an open roof. The sun is shining brightly, a few birds fly by, and branches of trees sway in the cool breeze in the air. Like a solar eclipse the man leans over and blocks your view. With a sternness in his voice the man poses the question one more time.

“Why are you here?” This time you’re clear headed. Without a second of hesitation you respond.

“I’m here to Witness to the battle that is about to come down.” The man lets out a slight chuckle.

“So you’re the seer that has been sent to guide and note the battle.” You nod slightly

“Now…. now you’re understanding what is at stake. The free world is in danger. We are the only ones capable of silencing the echo chamber. We together as legion must stand as one. Together. United. Formidable.” The man lifts you to your feet. “Put the cloak on. For this is our armor. This is what separates us from the rest.” You slowly put one arm in and then quickly followed by the second. As you adjust the robe the hood is thrown over your face. It’s odd, the hood. From the outside nothing can be seen, but through your eyes everything is clear as day.

“Go… take your rightful spot. Stand at the head of the legion. Show them that I am the Way. That I will lead us from the depths of the dark ages and into the light.” You slowly walk forward and stand in the middle of the aisle. Through your hood you can see the faces of the faceless. They all seem normal. Each person is smiling at you. You turn to face the man and you get down on one knee.

“Legion. I want you all to see what has happened here today. This prophet was ready to run, hide and cower before he was shown the light.” The man points towards you. A sense of calm falls over you. “Once ruled by fear and intolerance. They were once blinded, only now to be shown the way.” The man slowly pulls his hood back. “I shall shed my mask of tolerance” The mask shrouding his face removed, a darkness engulfs him keeping him hidden. “And I shall dawn my mask of War.”

He lifts a mask off of the podium and slides it onto his head. For a second he stops, if only to adjust it. The pale white mask is replaced by a silver mask that resembles a skull. Cheeks sunken and a twisted grin frozen in place.

[Image: 0Uxyowi.jpg]

“I shall not let you down. For I am the chosen. When the tides seem like they are against me, I know I have legion behind me. For in this battle I am not alone…” He raises both arms above his head. “For when the last sheep comes home, I am granted wisdom of the first order of protection.”

“I don’t want them to run from war.” The man looks out over the congregation. “I want them to Witness it.” You stand up and turn to the parishioners. You hold a fist into the air. As you thrust it skyward the gathering mass chants.

“Witness War”

With each thrust they get louder.

“Witness War”

You thrust faster and they keep the chant going faster. Until the speed is too fast and they are only chanting.

“Witness”

You pull your fist down as they continue. You turn towards the man as he stands there taking in the chant. He raises his head towards the ceiling and extends both arms as the sunlight breaks through.

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 9 users Like Witness's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (10-19-2020), Atara Raven (10-19-2020), Barney Green (10-19-2020), Doctor Louis D'Ville (10-25-2020), HeavensToBetsy (11-19-2020), Jefferson Jackson (11-29-2020), Marf (10-19-2020), Theo Pryce (10-19-2020), Unknown Soldier (10-19-2020)