Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:01 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Day 3 RP Board 2020
It Was the Best of Times, It Was the End of Times
Doctor Louis D'Ville Away
Hello, my friends
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

09-18-2020, 04:05 PM

[Image: XyTjvsM.png]

“Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.”

Morticia Addams

Look, Vinnie!

Roxy shrieks as she points and trots away. Vinnie squints and peers across the road where she’s pointing before holding out his hand and shouting after her.

Baby! Don’t cross the road without me!

Roxy screeches to a halt and turns about, then frustratedly marches back to her man. Vinnie holds out his arm and Roxy latches on as the two of them prance across the street side-by-side. They just left the boardwalk along the beach in Malibu. They’ve spent the day wasting it in the sun and really accomplishing nothing in their travels.

Now, what was all the hub-bub?

Look! A Red Box! Remember when we used to rent movies and stay up all night watching them?

I remember us renting movies and staying up all night. Wink. Wink.

You’re SO funny.

I’m totally surprised it hasn’t been messed with. They can’t even keep a soda pop machine out here.

We should get something before it is then, right?

Roxy approaches the movie vending machine and touches the front of it. She starts scrolling through all of the movies while slightly twirling her hair. Vinnie stands back with his hands shoved in his tight-ass jean pants looking over her shoulder. He eventually gets bored and pulls them out to poke at his Fit-Bit rather than worry what Roxy is up to.

What do you want to watch?

Roxy asks while continuing to scroll through the menus.

Something funny?

She hums and bounces around then suddenly stops and slowly turns around.

…. Or something SCARY?

Whatever you’re feeling, babe. You know that scary shit gives you nightmares, though.

Gives YOU nightmares, maybe.

Dancing in place she scrolls and scrolls.

I can’t decide. Vin---------nie…. I can’t decide.

I don’t know what you want to watch, Rox.

Vinnie says and he finally brings his attention back to the situation at hand. He approaches the machine and peers over her shoulder.

Got it!

She pops in a card and out comes a movie from the slot. She snatches it up and spins around in place to face Vinnie.

And what is the special feature tonight?

Roxy holds the movie behind her back and smirks.

You’ll see.

Vinnie rolls his eyes and throws an arm over her shoulders. They begin walking in the direction they were before getting side-tracked.

Can we go home now?

Oh my God. YESSSS.

It Was the Best of Times, It Was the End of Times

[Image: ND8nyuJ.jpg?2]

A stiff wind picks up and blows across the waves of the Pacific Ocean and onto the sandy, midnight beaches of Malibu. Picking up sand along the way it reaches the streets and homes above, pelting them like hail stones made from emery clothe. A dark cloud pushes in and over the coast, shrouding the moonlight and depriving this place of the brilliant moonlight. A small crackle of thunder rolls its way through like a bass drum and drones away like a whisper. Up the street, one-by-one, the street lights flicker and eventually just fade to black.

White noise clouds the room where a man sleeps soundly sitting nearly completely side-ways on a couch. The room was completely dark besides the light from the television, which displayed its usual expired screen of snowfall and sung its usual monotonous song. It was loud enough to drown out the door frame moaning with agony accompanied by a hellish scream seeping through the cracks. A small thunder echoed all around and chattered everything glass in what would appear to be a very beautiful home.

With another strong gust of wind, the balcony door swings open and slams against the other side with a loud bang! Standing straight up out of his sleep he falls forward to his hands and knees. Crawling across the room, he springs forward and slams the door shut. A flash of lightning lights up the room for what seemed like forever before another crack of thunder shakes the entire room so hard it knocks this poor fellow to his back and sends him rolling across the floor. Pulling himself back to his feet, he looks outside and notices it is completely pitch dark. No street lights, no moon light. Nothing visible. He speeds across the room to the kitchen and flicks up the light switch. Nothing.

What the hell?

Frustrated at first until he turns around to see the television still showing the Static Network loud and proud. Another flash of lightning lights up the room and the outside where a silhouette of a person appears outside the glass door.

WHAT THE HELL?!

After a few more attempts of flipping the switch up and down, he hastily marches over to a lamp and tries it several times, as well, while never taking his eyes off the balcony. No light there either. The Snowflake Channel then becomes a little louder, then a little more.

Baaabe?! Where ya’at?

The volume continues to increase steadily as he freezes in a state of shock and awe before racing for the remote control hidden hopefully close to where he just nested. The television didn’t appear to have a maximum volume as it continued to rise and get louder and louder in the room. Finally retrieving the controller, he holds it above his head in victory before pointing it like a weapon and hitting the power button, but nothing happens. The volume of the television continues rising to where he can’t believe the thing hasn’t blown up yet. He spams the power button at least fifty times before the room goes dark and silent. With a deep sigh, he falls back into the cushions of the couch and throws the remote across the room at the TV.

Forgetting the moment for a few seconds, he closes his eyes in the pitch-dark room and wipes a bead of sweat that trickles down the side of his face. Not another moment passes before he hears water running from down the hallway. Slightly wincing, he peers with one eye open and looks the way of the sound.

The bathroom door stands closed with a bright border of light gleaming out like the sun, taunting him and begging for him to come.

Roxy?

He murmurs to himself as he stands and takes a couple steps towards the hall way. Before exiting the room he stops and looks back over his shoulder towards the balcony door, which he now notices, is beginning to fog up a bit. He takes a breath and heads down the hallway towards the bathroom.

Babe?

Heavy sobbing and hyper-ventilating can be heard through the door which makes him walk faster and call out again.

ROXY?!

He reaches for the door handle and it burns him like it was just removed from the forge. Ripping his hand away, the door knob glows bright orange and hisses at him as he stumbles back in pain. A fiery glow flickers from under the door as the sobs inside turn to blood curdling screams. After a few deep breaths he shouts out and throws a shoulder into the door!

Open the door! Open the door, damn it!

Over and over again, he throws all of his weight into the wooden door, but it doesn’t budge. The screams continue, calling for help, calling for Vinnie. Finally, the door gives-way, almost as if it was opened for him, and he falls into a dark bathroom with now no light, no fire, no screaming.

Looking around feverishly on his hands and knees he reaches out and pulls himself to his feet using the sink. He leaps across the room and pulls open the shower curtain to see nothing but a dry, dark shower. Sweat is now dripping from all parts of his body, leaving puddles where he stands.

Fuck… Why’s it so hot?

Holding his head in his hands he takes a seat on the toilet. He reaches over and turns some cold water on to wet a cloth then applies it against his forehead. When the television in the other room lights up again with the same static, he jumps up so fast that his heart nearly came up through his throat. Closing his eyes, he slowly steps out of the bathroom, but not before, for shits n' giggles, flipping up the light switch.

To his surprise, the bathroom lights up. It nearly blinds him, but the fact that something went right for a second brought a smile to his face. He also noticed that the television volume is back to a reasonable setting. He takes a deep breath, closes his eyes, and faces the mirror. After rubbing them vigorously, he stares deeply into his own eyes.

No more sweets after 8 o’clock, mister.

He jokes to himself as he turns and flicks the light off and exits. Inside the mirror a pair of glowing eyes watches him as he walks down the hallway. He stops outside the bedroom door and quietly cracks it open. Peering in he sees a blonde head above the covers and lets out another long, relieved sigh. He shuts the door the same way he opened it and continues towards the living room. Passing by the thermometer for the home he notices it reads a normal 68 degrees Fahrenheit. Vinnie wipes another layer of sweat from his brow and shakes his head. Maybe he’s coming down with something, he thinks to himself. He tracks down where he threw the remote a few minutes ago, grabs it and shuts the TV off (successfully the first time this time). Approaching the glass door to his balcony he notices it is completely fogged over now to the point you cannot see outside. Our friend goes back and looks at the thermometer again, still reading 68 degrees. He taps it and flips it off then on again, then flips it the bird.

Piece of shit.

He heads back over to the balcony door and wipes it to where he can peer out. It looks like a beautiful night in Malibu now. There is no overcast, the stars and moon shine bright and assist the street lights now humming while doing their duty. Then something tickles his nose and he lets out a loud sneeze.

Gesundheit!

Our friend stares at the floor and takes a small whiff of the sweet smell in the air. A weak feeling falls on his legs and a tightness comes over his stomach as a red haze suddenly fills his home. He slowly peers over to the kitchen where the good doctor, Doc, himself, Doctor Louis D’Ville stands behind the counter stirring a drink and teething a thick, burning cigar and a grin. Doc bounces his eyebrows before taking a small sip from his glass following with a couple puckers from his lips. A fiery glow flashes over his eyes as he burns a hole through his host.

Good evening, Mister Loverboy.

Vinnie gulps and faces his visitor.

Doc!

Vinnie throws his arms up in a surprised, welcoming manner.

Hi. What, uh, what do you want? I mean, what brings you out this late? I, uh, you know. It’s late.

I’m sorry, I’m so rude! Would you like a drink, sir? Where are my manners, am I right?

I’m good, dude, I’m good.

Vinnie sighs and slowly approaches his guest. The place he lives is slowly becoming less and less familiar. Less and less his home. The walls begin closing in and his vision blurs. He begins to stagger before he falls forward into what he thought was his bar. Feeling woozy, he picks his head up and finds himself now face to face with the doctor. He looks around and not only is he not leaning across the bar in his kitchen, he’s no longer in his kitchen, or his home.

Why don’t you have a seat, my friend?

Vinnie looks over his shoulder and sees a leather couch conveniently placed two steps behind him. He pushes himself backwards and falls on it. Looking forward he sees he was leaning on a large, beautifully crafted wooden desk where Doc was perched so elegantly behind. Around him, the world changed completely. His newly painted and finely decorated walls are replaced with old, dirty brick, charred from years and years of burning like the inside of an old oven. Book shelves filled to capacity are lined miles high above his head, surrounding the two of them in what seems to be a room lit only by a burning fire within a majestic, stone fireplace across the room. The fire within flickers gently as it smacks and crackles the very logs which brings it sustaining life in exchange for their own demise.

Know what, Doc? A drink actually sounds nice right about now.

Doc’s eyes light up and an already wide grin gets eerily wider.

Most certainly!

Doc takes a single spin around his chair and presents a small glass filled half-way with a light brown liquid. He whips it across the table and it slides off and perfectly lands in a reaching Vinnie’s hand. Vinnie looks down at it and swirls it around.

Cheers, my friend!

Doc holds up his glass and reaches across.

This isn’t the same shit you were drinking on Savage the other night is it?

Doc chuckles.

No, not quite.

Doc continues holding his glass high in there air and looks more disappointed by the second waiting for Vinnie to complete the friendly toast.

To NEW beginnings, am I right? A new start!

Doc winks as Vinnie finally reaches up and their glasses clink.

A new start, huh? Start to what, exactly?

Vinnie winces then holds up his glass to look through it.

That’s good shit, Doc.

Doc smiles and releases a steam engine’s puff of smoke out above them.

A start to a brand new relationship with this FINE federation of yours, of course! I feel that I've lost a little bit of touch with my patients over the years, I'm looking to rekindle a few things that may have been forgotten.

It's a little hard to forget someone like you, Doc. I mean, dude, we JUST inducted you into the Hall of Legends. Like, you’re kinda well-renowned to this point, you know what I mean? You were Uni Champ, Xtreme Champ, Tag Champ, King of the XWF, #5 on the XWF Top 50 of ALL TIME…. Even the new dudes have probably at the very least HEARD of you.

Yes, mhhm. I’m sure my name is whispered from time to time. I’ve also enjoyed my occasional drop-in visit. However, let’s not get the wagon ahead of the peasant here.

Vinnie scoffs and lounges back on the leather couch and takes another sip.

Enlighten me, dude. And hey, since like, ya know, I didn’t exactly have a chance to prepare for this meeting….

Of course, of course!

Interrupting his patient, Doc claps his hands together twice and Vinnie is no longer wearing just Iron Man pajama bottoms, but a sleek, pink suit and jacket with a top hat.

Better?

Vinnie stands up, checking himself out.

Damn, dude, since you were telling a story and I forgot my vape, I was just gonna ask for a stogy.

Doc snickers then reaches into his desk, pulls out a large cigar and whips it over the desk onto Vinnie’s lap..

Indeed. You are certainly look better though! Surely you feel better, am I right?

Vinnie shrugs and agrees with a nod as he searches the suit for a light while holding the cigar in his lips. Before he could ask, Doc snaps his fingers and a small spark ignites the end of it. Vinnie puffs away and leaves several smoke signals above his head. He takes his cozy position back on the couch and tunes into the doctor.

Are we content, sir?

Vinnie winks and nods.

Very good.

Doc takes his own sip before leaning back into his large leather chair.

I feel my time spent here was well spent, wouldn’t you agree?

Vinnie looks around as if maybe Doc was asking someone else.

Uhhhm, yeah, sure, Doc.

I helped a lot of people. So many troubled folks. Countless lost souls.

Okay, Doc, you’re starting to creep me out again. What's up?

My doors were always open and I took on any challenge that I faced. Every patient that stepped forward through those doors got exactly what they came for.

More attentive and a little less relaxed than before, Vinnie sits quietly as the fire burning across the office surges a bit with every word the doctor speaks. His voice carries through the room and the warm, welcoming tone he once had changed to a deeper, sinister growl.

For years, my legacy echoed through these halls, bounced off the walls, and proved who actually had balls. I stood face to face with some of the most powerful, brutal, gruesome, hateful beings in the entire universe. This FINE federation of yours has had its fair share of all of that. Remember?

How could I forget?

An image burns in Vinnie’s mind.

[Image: jvur18c.png]

You were there for it all. We shared what was part of the greatest time in the entire history of your fine federation. You basically stood in the front lines, my friend. You led the charge and if there was a glimpse of hope or a single speckle of light in the entire universe at that time, it was you, sir. Now, those times are far behind us.

Doc, are you dying, or something?

Doc breaks out into sinister laughter.

My friend, ah-ha-aha, I’ve never felt more alive!

Doc snuffs out his cigar in a clean, crystal ashtray and rises up out of the chair with a whoooosh.

Do you not see? This is a NEW day!

Yes it is!

In all of this seriousness, Vinnie couldn’t help himself.

Indeed! Relentless marks a new era, Mister Loverboy. For too long has this place had its guard down. For too long has it had it easy. I look around here and I see so much…. SO much…. SO MUCH new talent that’s been missing out on what you and so many others had a chance to be part of. So many that would benefit from my treatments. So many that would evolve and become a much greater version of themselves.

Although I have never truly closed my doors, I can only blame myself for not advertising my specialties well enough in the past. My doors have always been open, but it takes a lot of courage to admit you need this kind of help, and that’s exactly why I’m here, again. No one knows what they’re missing out on. Our time was the greatest the XWF has ever seen! I mean, no offense, sir, you run a fine show. But you MUST admit it feels like it’s lacking a little something these days, am I right?

Vinnie takes in everything the doc is saying to him. He remembers that era. He remembers the wars that went on between them in their years together on the XWF battleground. He remembers the dark period where Doc profanely sat at the top of the XWF as Champion of the Universe, untouchable. Unscathed for what seemed like forever. Until finally….

Doctor Louis D’Ville.
The Higher Power.
The Defiler.
The Healer.
The Great Manipulator.

…… Was slain.

By whom, you ask? None other than the very man standing across from him at this very moment.

When, you may inquire? Relentless, five years ago.

After what seemed like an endless era of darkness, “Loverboy” Vinnie Lane stood tall as champion when the night was over. After a war against Doc and Gator, Vinnie was the man to bring the Xtreme Wrestling Federation back to the light. Vinnie Lane ended the darkness.

He sat across from his nemesis, so deep in his own thoughts that he didn’t realize the doctor had stopped speaking. He looks across and meets Doc’s gaze and it’s almost like he could hear every thought in Vinnie’s head.

Uhhuhuh….. Right?

Vinnie can’t stop his thoughts from going a million miles a minute right now. Is THIS why this fucker won’t stop haunting me?? Wait, wait. Clear your head. Clear your HEAD! He can hear your thoughts. Can he? Stupid old man. Stop that!

Doc paces around to the outside of his desk and over to Vinnie and leans down face to face with him.

No one will admit that feeling of hopelessness that everyone was drowning in. No one will admit that to this day, if they were lucky enough to survive that era, the trauma they suffer from just thinking of the possibility I could take an interest in ruining their day. Mister Loverboy, I know you’re not quite sure what to think of my arrival. I know that no matter how welcome you always make me feel, that deep in your gut you’re concerned that I could bring the darkness back with me. I know when Doctor SATAN! was formed and your Tag Team Division was basically deleted, you thought the same thing… 'Is history going to repeat itself?'

Vinnie sits silent. Doc breaks his gaze and slowly makes his way towards the large fire burning within the stone fireplace. Looking up from the floor, the doctor seems like he’s standing 50 feet away from him as the flame grows around him and appears to dance with Doc.

It DID, didn’t it?

Doc’s voice echoes across the room and in a flash, he is back standing what seems much taller than his normal six foot and some in front of his patient.

Only there was no knight n’ shiny armor riding into the rescue this time, was there? There was not. Most of your big dogs in the yard today were the same ones the KINGS and I were kicking around during their entire existence before. They even joined forces in all shapes and sizes to try and end the reign but had no such luck. No such ABILITY. So, after the hopelessness nestled its way back into everyone’s hearts, I did what any good fiend would do and gave the titles back. I relinquished them in one of the most generous, selfless acts in probably all of XWF history and do you remember the result of that?

I mean, choose the lesser evil here.

Lemme rephrase that.

Look at what you ended up with.

Two men that couldn’t stop the whizzing contest for five minutes to enjoy the opportunity they were granted. The time I spend at the top is remembered for ages and when I decide when my work is done and I decide just how my ending is going down, as I always do, just hope that you’re the lucky ducky holding the Golden Ticket at the time. So, let me ask you this, good sir…

Was it so bad?

Vinnie gulps down the last bit from his glass and slides it onto the desk. Doc, who is now leaning back into his chair, stares through Vinnie with ice cold eyes. Vinnie gets a chill now as he notices the flame on the far side of the room starting to dim and lose its enthusiasm.

Doc, don’t act like I don’t appreciate your time here. I mean, you’re right, when you’re around everyone seems to step up their game. When the competition is good, the XWF thrives, dude. On the other side of things, when the competition is weak…

It MUST get stronger! Not lazier. Not complacent. So, do not blame the good doctor for poor competition. Blame your poor competition.

The fire bursts out of the fireplace and is now brighter and blazing larger than ever. Vinnie jumps out of his seat and can feel the heat bearing down on the side of his face. He looks into Doc’s eyes and sees the little fires have returned there, as well.

I see it. I see it now every single day. I see Robert Main, THE OMEGA, as one of the highest, most respected competitors on the roster. Even feared by some it seems…. Do you know how hard this is for me to understand? This fine fellow wouldn’t even stand in the same room as good ol’ Doc. In fact, to this day, I still haven’t seen him. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t expect a welcoming party every time I stop by, but I’ve been hanging out for a few weeks by now and not even a “Hello?” It almost seems like the poor guy is avoiding me like he was back then. I’ll at least be fair, with the lack of competition and all, maybe Mister Omega just didn’t have the chance to walk through the doctor’s doors. Maybe our stars just didn’t align. Or maybe, a KING's Jester handled the dirty work for him. Maybe this little star, just wasn't bright enough at the time.

I see Chris Chaos. Still… Still trying to shake up the place. Still trying to justify his existence. Still running around everywhere annoying the pants off of everyone and calling it ‘chaos’. Here’s a guy that can totally respect the times we spent together before. Mister Chaos’s career was never the same after a session with the doctor, was he? There’s something you and him can relate to.

Taking down the doc… Yeah, shortly after that he was Universal Champ. Wait, does that make us some form of Eskimo Brothers or something?

Make you what?

Eskim--- Never mind, dude. You’re killing me here.

Not yet I’m not. You know I never received a ‘thank-you’? You two never accomplished that near impossible feat again, and never will, but it projected your careers to heights you would have never seen with doing so.

Doc slouches in his seat for a moment before lighting up another cigar and sends smoke signals into the air. The fireplace is barely visible now as the blaze within reaches across the room as if it’s trying to reach out and grab Vinnie from off the couch.

Thanks, Doc. For every—

Not you. You’ve thanked me enough, good sir. This opportunity of redemption is enough, Mister Loverboy.

Redemption? Dude, you have nothing to prove here.

It’s not about having something to prove, sir. It’s all about bringing the strength back to this fine federation. It has gotten weak in my absence and everyone, not just the two men I’ve just mentioned, are taking all of this too much for granted. The possibility of an imminent threat has left them staring straight ahead into the headlights, blinded by what’s about to come. The fear is gone. I may live in the shadows, my friend, but I do not hide within them. I may sit alone within my walls, but, as I’ve stressed so many times before, my doors are always open. At Relentless, Jacob’s session is going to be something that this new phase of XWF has never seen before.

Jacob?? Oh.

Vinnie scratched his head for a moment before remember Doc and Gator’s estranged relationship.

It couldn’t have happened in a better way, Mister Loverboy.

It looked to me like a checker game gone sour.

Not that, sir. My return involving a patient that knows me so very well, and I, too, know very well. This will be perfect for the rest of the XWF’rs to witness. Jacob was one of my first and to this day one of my most seen patients. The adoration and respect that this abused soul has for his doctor is unfathomable.

Heh, yeah, okay.

But as he sits at home, on his couch in his wrestling attire, he’s regretting his decision. He knows walking into Relentless with the intentions of facing me means walking out of Relentless is definitely in question. There is no doubt our battle will be EPIC, but this will be the end, my friend.

The end?

Indeed. I’m afraid I am going to have to throw this one back, Mister Loverboy. My mission, as stated, is to bring the bang back to this fine federation of yours. Jacob, unfortunately, will only be a useless step in the direction I am heading. A useless, but necessary, step. His fall at Relentless is my redemption. His failure will be for all of the failures to come after him. His end is my rebirth.

The glory that these men have waited so long to grasp ahold of. The pain and suffering they diverted from will all come about full circle now.

Vinnie moves over on the couch a bit as the fire began tickling the side of his leg like little burning kisses.

Uh, Doc, dude?

The fire takes shape and coils up like a snake in the center of the office. Vinnie falls back off the side of the couch and tries scurrying away, but it strikes! With lightning speed a fiery ring whips around Vinnie’s neck and picks him up off the ground. He gags flails his legs about trying to loosen the grip, but only burning his hands in the process. He tries to scream, but the stranglehold is too much and his surroundings quickly begin to go dark. With the last bit of sight he sees Doc standing in front of him, not grinning, but with the most sinister look you could imagine from this friendly, old timer.

[Image: QNdyJEV.gif]

What they believe now as the best of times is, in fact, the end of times.

AHHHHHHHHHHHaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

A blood curdling scream from his lap sends the popcorn and Vinnie himself flying into the air. Roxy wakes up and lets one go that shook the windows and nearly blew both of this rockstar’s (sorry, MEGASTAR) ear drums. She continues to shriek, kick, and scream as Vinnie pulls himself up from the floor and comes to her aid.

Babe!

He grabs his girl by the shoulders and tries restraining her so she doesn’t hurt herself or claw him in the eye.

BABE!! BABE!! BABE!! ROX!! BABY!! STOP!!

Roxy finally comes to and looks around desperately. The room is dark, with the movie she picked earlier still playing on the television screen. She grabs Vinnie by the face a couple of times in disbelief before letting out of a few scared, yet, relieved sobs.

Holy hell, what’s up? I told you this shit would give you nightmares.

[Image: 9fnXTnV.gif?2]

[Image: Kd641BT.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 7 users Like Doctor Louis D'Ville's post:
(09-18-2020), (09-21-2020), Dick Powers (09-18-2020), Madison Dyson (09-19-2020), Mr. Oz (09-18-2020), Peter Fn Gilmour (09-19-2020), Thunder Knuckles™ (09-19-2020)