Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 07:28 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theatricality and deception
Ruby Offline
The Super Dear'o

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

09-09-2020, 12:37 PM

The banana-lime blur was tracking her next target from the rooftops. Armed with a pair of Rubygoggles she was scouting the area, making sure she wouldn’t bump into any surprises once she sprung on this illegal opium den.

She was aching. The attacks on Anarchy that were piling up as of late were starting to demand their toll. And after losing to the B.O.B. even her pride had taken a major hit. She wasn’t in the business of making excuses. She should’ve seen that loaded fist coming, and she shouldn’t have to rely on a referee to get a clean win. But still, she was aching for a win. And tonight, she was going to get one, whilst doling out some tiny Canadian justice!

Ruby: “Just a feeew more…” she muttered, but her soft monologue was cut off by her Rubyphone which started buzzing. She had set it to ‘emergencies only’, which meant that someone dear to her was calling her and was probably in trouble. She put the binoculars away and tapped her earpiece.

Ruby: “Hi, what’s up, who’s this?”

That question was answered as soon as she heard the voice on the other end.

Olivia: “Rubes!”

Ruby frowned. It was very unlike her mother to call her out of the blue like this. In fact, it hadn’t happened in… ever?

Ruby: “Mom? Why are you calling me? Is everything okay?”

Her mother gasped on the other end of the line.

Olivia: “Ah, ma chérie! C’est ton père!”

Ruby’s heart skipped a beat.

Ruby: “Dad? Is he okay?? Did something happen?”

Olivia: “Your dad’s fine… At least until I’m through with him!”

Ruby: “Oh no, what’d he do this time? Don’t tell me he was roller blading on the highway again.”

Olivia: “No, it’s… nothing like that. Look, ma chérie, it’s a bit awkward to talk about this on the phone? Do you think you can come over and visit? I… we… could really use your help on this one.”

Ruby: “What, like right now? It’s not exactly the best time!”

Olivia: “Please, ma petite. You know I wouldn’t ask unless it wasn’t important.”

Ruby sighed.

Ruby: “I know. Of course. I’ll be there first thing in the morning. I’ll catch a night plane.”

Olivia: “I knew I could count on you. See you soon.”

Ruby tapped her earpiece again to ‘hang up’. She looked at the opium den and shook her head. They were saved by the buzz. Family first.

***********************************************************************************************************
[Image: giphy.gif]
***********************************************************************************************************

As soon as Ruby opened the door to her parental home, her mother ran down the hallway and grabbed her in a hug.

Olivia: “You’re here, thank God!”

As glad as Ruby was to see her, she was even more eager to find out what had caused all of this commotion. She grabbed her mother by the arms.

Ruby: “Good to see you, mom. Now will you tell me what’s going on?”

Olivia sighed, and motioned for Ruby to follow her as she went over to the sober living room, where her dad was seated on the couch. He was sitting upright, with his hands on his knees. A position he usually only held when he was in trouble. And judging by the fact that Mrs. Debuchy went to stand next to him, impatiently tapping her foot and shooting him mean looks, that was the case.

Nicolas Debuchy’s face flared up for a second when he saw his beloved daughter, but the concern on her face made it a fleeting moment of joy at most.

Olivia: “Well? Tell her what you did!”

Ruby: “Please do. What’s this all about?”

Nicolas scraped his throat and began to tell his story.

Nicolas: “Well, honey… A few days ago, I received an e-mail marked ‘important’! Of course, my interest was piqued, and upon opening said electronic mail, I saw that it came from a made named Jones Dimka. Apparently, he was African royalty, and in possession of a large fortune held by the government, which they wouldn’t release unless…”

Ruby: “Hold up!” Ruby said as held up her closed fist.

Ruby: “Don’t tell me you fell for the Nigerian Prince scam!”

Nicolas cast his eyes downward and her mother lost it.

Olivia: “He sent them 2000 dollars! You… numpty!”

Nicolas: “Hey, language! And it seemed like a good business opportunity!”

Ruby and her mother facepalmed.

Ruby: “Unbelievable!”

She went over to the family PC and retrieved a USB stick from her pocket. She plugged it in and activated a search and locate program. Her father approached her and put his hand on her shoulder.

Nicolas: “Look, I’m sorry…

Ruby: “I can’t even with you right now. I’ll track the guy down, but don’t you think I have other things to worry about? How can you be this naïve?”

Nicolas: “It’s just… He seemed so genuine. And haven’t I taught you to always see the best in people, not assume the worst?”

Ruby sighed. How could she be mad at someone who was so full of good intentions?

Ruby: “Look. I’ll handle it. Just know that tomorrow I have to defend my Anarchy title belt against a woman so hell-bent on ruining my career and brand that she would burn the whole place down to make it so.”

Ruby didn’t fully realize it, but she missed Vita. She had been Miss Fury’s first victim, and whilst she had been acquitted, she hadn’t heard from her yet. Something she’d have to rectify soon. She sure could use her as backup.

Ruby: “I’m fighting a battle of honor and integrity against someone who’d undo all the good work I’ve done. I’m outnumbered and outgunned. And yes, you taught me to see the best in people. But this one has to be put down. After that, we’ll find your Prince.”

Nicolas: “Ahh. Just like in a Disney movie?”

Ruby: “There won’t be much kissing. But there’ll be a happy ending. For you. And after I put down Miss Fury? For me too.”

[Image: dY7KZz4.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Ruby's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (09-10-2020), Vita Frickin Valenteen (09-09-2020)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Ruby's post!
Miss Fury (09-09-2020)