Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 02:18 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Leap of Faith 2020 PPV
Old Friends, New Adversaries, Pt 2
Andrew Logan Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

07-20-2020, 02:04 PM

[Image: andrewloganroster.jpg]

~We're shown a younger Andrew Logan standing on a football field. He's dressed in his usual workout clothes, and looks prepared to put everything into practice today. The camera pans to the side, showing Anthony Logan standing next to him, and several other wrestling trainees lined up down the sideline. They're all facing their trainer, Miles "Crusher" Clarkson, who is standing in front of a special set-up for the day.~

Miles Clarkson - We're training a little differently today. Every wrestler worth his salt will eventually be put in a Battle Royal. You'll have to fight who knows how many men at the same time, fighting to be the sole survivor. To do that, you need to be practiced at throwing them over the top rope.

~Clarkson points back over his shoulder at the equipment behind him. It's a high jump rig, complete with a bar in place and a heavy pad behind it for landing. He's clearly borrowed it from the local high school, as well as using their football field while it is currently unused.~

Miles Clarkson - I've got this bar set up at the same height as most ring top ropes. Today, you're going to be taking each other and tossing yourselves over this bar, again and again, until I think you've got it down.

~Everyone in the line groans, except for Andrew Logan. He's always enjoyed throwing people around.~

Miles Clarkson - Andrew, Anthony, you guys first!

~The two brothers move next to the high jump bar. Anthony immediately tries to jump at Andrew, possibly thinking about a hurricanrana style elimination, but Andrew easily catches him, blocking it. He turns, throwing Anthony in the direction of the bar.~

~Miles Clarkson goes flying forward, crashing into a green recliner in his home. He catches his breath, not used to being tossed. Behind him, Andrew makes sure the door is securely shut before walking in and staring at his old trainer, one of the first to educate him on the wrestling business.~

Miles Clarkson - Andrew, please, you don't have to do this...

Andrew Logan - You're right, Crusher. I don't have to do this. I don't have to do anything else, as long as you tell me one thing.

~Andrew leans forward, glaring at Clarkson, who involuntarily backs up in the recliner a few more inches.~

Andrew Logan - Where is my brother? Where is Anthony?

Miles Clarkson - I don't... I can't...

Andrew Logan - I know you've been in contact with him, your favorite wrestler. Even when I became a World Champion, you were still touting Anthony as your most successful graduate. You were wrong then, and you're wrong now if you think I'm leaving here without an address or phone number.

~Clarkson tries to take a few deeper breaths to calm himself. He's not a young man anymore, no longer a wrestler to be feared. He's moved on into blissful retirement, at least until this day. Andrew waits impatiently, studying the room for weapons.~

Miles Clarkson - I'm sorry, Andrew. I truly am. But I don't know if I can tell you anything you want to hear.

Andrew Logan - You'd better start racking your brains, Crusher. Before I rack them for you.

~Andrew picks up a nearby trophy, likely one of Clarkson's souvenirs from his wrestling career. He hefts it in one hand, appreciating the weight. He turns back to Clarkson, walking back his way.~

I am a man who is used to getting what I want.

Sometimes it might take a little more pain or persistence, but if it's something I want or need, I will find a way to make it happen. That brings me to XWF Leap of Faith. A battle royal set up with the opportunity for me to make my name in the company. This is something that will be required if I want to continue to build the name of Andrew Logan to Hall of Fame-worthy discussion. I want them talking about me, wondering who I'm coming after next. That's why I'm going to go 100 percent in this battle royal, unlike many of the joke competitors who have been entered.

Let's start out with the worthless ones, like Docktor Trust, or the Docktor of Trust, which makes even less sense. I don't know who Helen is, but I hope she's not watching the PPV. The King is going to be very disappointed in this loser. Brian Storm looks to be preoccupied with a masked guy. I admire his collection of weapons, but since none will be helpful on Sunday, I'm not worried. Liam Roberts apparently hates battle royals, I wonder why? Probably because he always gets tossed out. This one will be no exception.

Next up, Broken Osward Autem, and I don't know where to start with this fucker. He looks more insane than I expected, but I'm not sure he even knows he's going to be in a match, so he may not even show up Sunday. Let him keep playing with his "Revivication Protocol Anomoly", whatever the hell that is. Just keep him out of my way, or else being "broken" will have a new meaning.

And now my biggest disappointments so far. Michael McBride's got someone hunting him to get their daughter back. That sounds like a big distraction, meaning he might not be the competitor I was hoping for. And then Mackenzie Wright, the girl threatening to take my head off. She talked big, which made it all the more disappointing that she actually didn't want to be in the Battle Royal. Who whines about being in a good brawl? I'd tell her to Man Up, but people would accuse me of being sexist.

Maybe someday, Mackenzie, we can have just a one-on-one fight and you can actually want to be there. A test for the future. Maybe.

~We're back on the football field, where training has just wrapped up. Andrew threw more people over than anyone, which isn't too surprising. Anthony got him over a couple of times. He had help with that, as Andrew most likely just allowed it to happen to make his brother feel better. It's hard to say if it worked, as Anthony was still throwing a few real shots in there due to his annoyance with his brother. We see Anthony walking off the field now, with Andrew suddenly hurrying to catch up to him.~

Andrew Logan - Hold up, bro! You going to let these go to waste?

~Anthony looks back, confused, to see Andrew holding up a six-pack of beer out of his training bag. Anthony can't help but laugh.~

Anthony Logan - You know those are going to be hot as hell right now after an hour in the sun.

Andrew Logan - That's why I had ice in here. It's all gone, now, but they're still... semi-chilled...

~The shot cuts to the parking lot, where Andrew and Anthony are both enjoying their semi-chilled beverages. If Andrew's being fair, they're more luke-warm, but beer is still beer. Anthony sighs, leaning against the car.~

Anthony Logan - I'm sorry, Andy. Sorry for being such an asshole lately. I know I should just be happy that you're getting recruited. It could be a big deal for you. I guess my head's just all filled up with Dad's dream of having champions as sons. But I suppose winning a championship in the NFL would count, wouldn't it?

Andrew Logan - Yeah. So, uh, I called the recruiter. Told him no thanks.

Anthony Logan - You did WHAT?

~Anthony looks at Andrew in disbelief for a few moments, accidentally dropping his beer off the nearby bumper and causing it to bleed out on the asphalt.~

Andrew Logan - Well, I sat back and thought about what both you and Crusher had to say. I guess I do feel like wrestling is probably where my destiny lies. Besides, a lot of those guys who play football have brain damage from so many concussions.

Anthony Logan - So you want to be in a profession where you don't wear a helmet but still get hit in the head?

Andrew Logan - Same as you, brother. Same as you.

~The two family members laugh, with Anthony looking noticeably cheered up. There's a shade of doubt in his eyes, though, wondering if he pushed his brother to give up on a dream for him. Andrew, for his part, looks content. The wrestling business, to him, is wide open for success at this point. What could possibly go wrong?~

There are a few in this battle royal that might not be the complete jokes I thought they were. Captain Acab may be some sort of pirate who watched too much Spongebob in his life, but at least he's got a good sense of how many worthless slobs are in this match. We both respect each other's size, and I'll grant that Acab might be one of the most dangerous threats to me winning the battle royal... depending on if he can keep from being too drunk on ale and too whipped from chasing tail.

Then there's Dick Powers... I still can't believe I guy with that name might actually be a threat. But people keep telling me that I don't know "Dick", making him seem like a big deal. I still don't see it. I watched the video again of Powers at War Games. All I saw was a man get his ass kicked by Thunder Knuckles and let his entire team down. Are others seeing something I'm not? Normally when someone has a 'trick name', it's to make their goofy personality cover up their lack of wrestling talent. But maybe I'm wrong, Cock. Maybe you'll actually grow as a threat and not be a flacid, easily disposable creep. You never know.

I loved that Robbie Bourbon talked about me being a mutt, when he's the masked idiot who is only a token legend. I don't know how someone gets the title of legend, but I'm assuming you bought a plaque at some thrift shop. I'd love to say that COVID-19 messed up his mind, but from what I've seen, he's always been a fucking waste. The fact that he doesn't care about my history shows that he has no idea the misery coming his way. I'm going to make it a point to specifically fuck Bourbon up and make sure he goes back to being a retired legendary deadbeat loser.

Who have I left out? Maybe Scott Charlotte, but then, he left me out, too, writing me off simply because I'm new. Maybe I deserve it, since I wrote him off for his ugly-ass look. I have to say, though, looking through the list of competitors, so many are mentally disturbed. I feel like I'm wrestling at an asylum. I've done that before, by the way. Won a championship there. It was just a belt someone made during arts and crafts, but I still have it back at my house. The difference now is, somehow, I'm the sane one in the competition, and everyone else is a lunatic. That's a definite change.

The funniest thing to me was that the guy I thought would be one of the crazy ones, Azrael, turned out to be almost... ordinary. Buying a house, meeting the neighbors, going to a barbecue, those are all pretty standard things in the suburbs. I hate to say it, but I'm a little envious of you. You're getting the life I once wanted, and I honestly hope that you make the most of it. Sure, you're still a little nutso with talk about powers and robots, but you've got someone close to you, someone willing to live with you. I admire that. I just hope the wrestling business doesn't fuck it all up for you. I'd say it'd be best to hang it up and enjoy life, but I doubt you'd even consider that. I'll see you in Japan, and I'll see you go flying like everyone else.

I hate sitting here talking about every opponent. I should be like Cock and just put all of you in one pile, the one going over and out. But I'm not a pimped-out freak who thinks he's better than everyone. I'm not an overweight 'legend' who only really has the power of talk left in his arsenal. I have no goofy gimmick and I have no special powers. I'm a true wrestler, an old-school challenger who studies his opponents and makes sure I know every one of their weaknesses by heart. I've watched the film of any match I could get hold of. I saw how each handled victory, and how each lost it after defeat. I made sure I know as much as I can about every single one of you. And I will use that on Sunday.

あなたが私を打ち負かすことは出来ない.

~We are back in Miles Clarkson's house. Andrew is still holding the trophy in his hands. He smirks at it, before throwing it hard to the side, smashing it into the wall. Clarkson jumps, looking up at his former protege.~

Andrew Logan - No more messing around. How do you get in touch with him? Do you meet in person?

Miles Clarkson - We haven't talked in person in years...

Andrew Logan - But you HAVE talked to him. Recently.

Miles Clarkson - You don't know the whole story, Andrew. If I could just...

~Andrew steps towards Clarkson menacingly. He glares at the man he once considered a mentor, and maybe a friend.~

Andrew Logan - What is there to know? Anthony betrayed me. He sold me out! His own brother! And my wife... my wife paid the price. He ruined my family, Crusher, and I don't care if he's related by blood, because I want that blood to coat these hands when I find him again.

~The big man gets closer to Clarkson, curling a fist in front of him. It's a gesture that, if it happened to a 'normal' person in real life, they'd probably pass out due to the terror of this sight.~

Andrew Logan - I'm staying in wrestling because I want to finally achieve the success I deserved. But the other reason is to keep learning new ways to hurt the human body. I'll be picking up a few more this Sunday, and I'm saving them all for when I meet Anthony. I even have a portrait of my wife ready, for him to look at as I deliver every bit of punishment he deserves...

Miles Clarkson - Your wife is still alive!!

~The words basically burst from Clarkson, echoing around the room. Andrew shakes his head, as if wondering what he just heard. But he knows this is bullshit. He was there. He remembers...~

~Andrew is on his knees, cradling Grace's head. Her eyes are wide open, staring lifelessly up into the air, possibly following her spirit as it departs. He is screaming Anthony's name, holding her close, trying to will her to hang on. Blood is splattered everywhere, and the puddle underneath is only growing larger...~

~Andrew grabs Clarkson by the front of his shirt, yanking him upwards.~

Andrew Logan - You dare lie to me?? I WAS THERE!!!

Miles Clarkson - I don't have a clue what you remember, but it's fake, Andrew! It's false! I've talked to Grace! She's still alive! She's with Anthony! You can't carry on like this anymore, you have to find a way to face reality! It's just not what you remember!

~Andrew can't believe what he's hearing. He knows the truth. He knows what...~

~Andrew is on his knees, screaming Anthony's name. The kitchen looks like a stick of dynamite went off. The kitchen table has been smashed to pieces, with the chair used still laying on top fo the wreckage. There's blood splattered around, thanks to the cuts that have opened up on Andrew's knuckles. He screams again, an animalistic sound of fury.~

~He shakes his head again, as if trying to remove the offensive memories. Clarkson sees it in his face, seeing hope for the first time.~

Miles Clarkson - I can help you, Andrew! I know some people, and we can work this out, just the two of us. Just like in the old days!

~Andrew lets go of Clarkson, stumbling away towards the side. He picks up another picture off the shelf in front of him, studying it. It's a shot of Clarkson standing next to Anthony Logan. It's been autographed "To my favorite Crusher" by his brother.~

Andrew Logan - There's... one way you can help me, Crusher. One way.

~Andrew turns back, staring at Clarkson while putting the picture back down.~

She's alive? ... She's alive. She's alive!!

She's alive...

~Andrew and Anthony Logan are shown sitting in a locker room. They're dressed in their first wrestling gear, rather plain but it does the job. Miles Clarkson comes in, nodding to them.~

Miles Clarkson - You guys are up. They're ready for you.

~Anthony gets up first, shaking off the nerves. He extends a hand to his brother.~

Anthony Logan - Time for the world to start learning about the Logan brothers.

~Andrew takes Anthony's hand, getting up. He smiles, putting a hand on Anthony's shoulder.~

Andrew Logan - Yep. And they're not ready. Not nearly enough. Let's show them what family means.

~They both head for the door, with Clarkson leading them out, ready for their first match together. The brothers are united, so who could stop them?~

~Andrew Logan emerges from Miles Clarkson's house. He leaves the door open behind him, although not much can be seen behind it. Andrew starts down the sidewalk to the street, turning west and walking away from the area. His face is extremely hard to read, with many emotions fighting for control. Sirens can be heard in the distance, but Andrew ignores them. He continues to walk, getting to the end of the block, with the camera moving in closer on him. It's starting to look like one emotion might be taking over. Rage. We fade out.~

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like Andrew Logan's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (07-20-2020), Chris Page (07-20-2020), Dick Powers (07-21-2020), Griffin MacAlister (07-23-2020), Mr. Oz (07-20-2020), Thunder Knuckles™ (07-20-2020)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Andrew Logan's post!
Mr. Oz (07-20-2020)