Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:25 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Leap of Faith 2020 PPV
POSTING FOR MACKENZIE WRIGHT
Steve Sayors Offline
XWF Management
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

07-18-2020, 10:44 PM

MACKENZIE WRIGHT
[Image: 00701956.jpg]
SUCK MY SOFT DEADLINE
10 DAYS AGO
JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA
A PARKING LOT
OUTSIDE A GYM
ON PLANET EARTH

“Mackenzie! Babe! Let’s chat!”

His voice is smooth and confident, and my head swivels immediately to look for the source. He stands a few dozen yards away, tucked behind a silver Miata and dressed in a fitted black suit. A goofy grin is plastered across his face from ear to ear, a small stack of papers and manilla file folders clutched in his fist. I offer a courtesy smile, but don’t break stride as I continue across the lot from the gym to my car.

“Mackenzie! Babe!”

He acts as if I didn’t hear him, not like I wasn’t interested. He jogs away from his car, heels of his polished leather shoes clipping the pavement as he approaches. I sigh and stop moving, turning towards him.

“Look,” I start off sternly, “I don’t know how you know me or what you’re selling here, but I’m not interested alright? I just finished a workout and I want to go home.”

“How I know you?” he queries, “Ha! Who doesn’t know Mackenzie Wright… the most dominant force in the XWF!”

I shake my head. What a moron. This guy has no clue who I am.

“I don’t work for the XWF,” I tell him, “Hell I don’t even really wrestle. You’re barking up the wrong tree.”

“Correction,” he argues through a smirk, “You don’t wrestle or work for the XWF… yet. You want to know what I’m selling, Mackenzie? I’m selling an opportunity. I know exactly who you are. You’re a Pro Bowl lineman in the LFL, I’m a huge football fan. You’re an undefeated mixed martial artist, and you just signed to FC Triumph. The XWF has eyed you for a while now. I assume youve heard of us?”

Heard of the XWF? Of course I have. Who hasn’t? The XWF has been around nearly my entire life. I remember watching the likes of Centurion and Shawn Warstein and James Raven with my brother after school on Monday and Thursday nights. The idea that somehow they had been watching me? The flattery was undeniable.

“So you want to offer me a roster spot? That’s the opportunity?” I ask, trying to curb any hopefulness in my voice.

“Not quite,” he relents. Oh look. This offer is cluttered with strings attached.

“What do you mean?”

“We need you to be a hired gun. I’m here on behalf of an XWF staff member that needs a champion to fight on his behalf, and who thinks you fit the bill. If you do this for him, and if you manage to defeat his challenger, he’ll be more than happy to offer you a contract you’ll find to be more than generous.”

It’s a bitter pill to swallow.

“Don’t you literally have a guy named Hired Gun on the roster? Don’t you have Legends that could take out whoever you’re trying to take out? Why me? Honestly?”

“I can’t discuss that with you now, Mackenzie. I’m sorry. I’m only here to get a yes or a no.”

I shake my head gently, this all sounds so sketchy…

“Who did you say you were representing?”

“An important member of the XWF staff.”

“What’s his name?”

“Irrelevant.”

“I’m not agreeing to a deal when I don’t even know what to call the other party.”

“... fine… call him ‘Shmatticus’.”

“So… it’s Atticus?”

“I didn’t say that.”

I’m quiet for a few minutes. Atticus isn’t too bad from what I’ve seen on TV. It could be worse. They could be asking me to work with Smokin’ Bob. An involuntary shudder runs down my spine.

“Are you OK?”

“Yeah, I just thought of something horrific. I’m fine. So who would I be facing?”

“Big D. Do you know him?”

“Sort of. I’m not worried though.”

We stand in silence for a moment before he shoots me a hopeful shrug and hands me the manilla folder. He reaches into the pocket of his suit jacket and pulls out an expensive looking fountain pen, passing it to me as well.

“Sign the deal, Mackenzie. Handle business and you can be a part of the XWF, full time.”

I take the pen and open the folder, flipping to the last page of the paperwork and quickly scribbling my name at the bottom. The mysterious XWF representative jumps suddenly as his cell phone rings, and he holds up a finger to ask me for a minute and takes a few steps away. I stand awkwardly, clutching my newly signed deal and listening to every word.

“Yeah, she signed it,” he tells the person across the line, “Oh really… I can do that… that’s not a problem… loud and clear… I will pass that along to her… have a good day, sir.”

He hangs up the call and makes his way over to me, quickly grabbing the manilla folder of papers away from me and tucking it securely under his arm. He lifts himself slightly on his toes a few times, an uncomfortable energy taking over as he smiles at me awkwardly.

“What was that?”

“What?”

“That call. Was it about me?”

“Oh! Right! The call! So here’s the thing, there’s been a change of plans. You’re not facing Big D at Leap of Faith. Someone else is doing that. You’re entering a big battle royal at the start of the show. Gonna be great… so anyways… I’m going to head out.”

“What the hell are you talking about?!” I explode at him, “That’s not what we agreed to! That’s not the contract I just signed! I agreed to fight Big D!”

He winces and pulls the manilla folder from underneath his arm, opening it and looking at the pages.

“Mackenzie,” he begins softly, “You didn’t even read the contract. You just signed it. You agreed to a match at Leap of Faith, it doesn’t say what the match will be. What we discussed earlier was the plan, and now this is the plan. It’s gonna be great!”

“I don’t want to do a battle royal.”

“Well, Mackenzie… you signed a contract. You wouldn’t want to seem like you mislead us here, would you?”

“Are you serious?! You misled me!”

He smiles and shoots me the double finger guns.

“Ha ha! Totally babe! Now get to training, you got a hell of a battle at Leap of Faith!”

He quickly makes his way back across the parking lot to the silver Miata, unlocking the driver side door.

“This is fucked up!”

“No problem, Mackenzie!” he shouts, completely ignoring me, “Just let me know what you need!”

He disappears into the car and slams the door shut, firing up the engine. I stand alone in the gym parking lot and watch as he pulls off.

What the hell just happened?

What the hell is going to happen at Leap of Faith?

… and considering I don’t know who else is in this rumble yet, how do I already know that I’m going to kill some guy named Andrew Logan?

What am I in store for?

FADE
OUT

[Image: giphy.gif]

Longtime XWF Reporter and Backstage Interviewer
Occassional Punching Bag
15+ Years of XWF Experience... and COUNTING!
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Steve Sayors's post:
Azrael Erebus (07-19-2020), Dick Powers (07-20-2020), Mr. Oz (07-19-2020), Paul Heyman (07-19-2020)