Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 06:35 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Leap of Faith 2020 PPV
Termina el trabajo
Hanari Carnes Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

07-18-2020, 10:58 AM

The liqour always tastes better chilled.

Ice dilutes it, the trick is to chill the glass. And when serving, perception is everything.

Some people like to use a jigger, if they don't want to be flashy. Perception is everything, but perfection is expected.

Your counts have to be precise.

Hanari looked around the bar in Tokyo. Some of the best bartenders in the world were here. He watched them all, their technique, the way they worked it. This tourists, often rich, arrogant, cheap, ignorant assholes that frequented these places.

Tokyo was not only densely populated, but crazy 'expensive.'

He smiled to himself as he sipped his drink. Expensive. The American Dollar was worth 106 Japanese Yen. How many people who come to these places pay attention to that? Most Americans, especially the rich ones, were ignorant.

He flipped the page on the expansive drink menu. All of these prices were listed in American Dollars, but what they would be if they were Japanese Yen.

For example, the tequila he was drinking. Double shot, $14. That is nearly $1500 Japanese Yen. These people are making out like bandits, and nobody knows it! But, the bar lights up, its glass everything, there is a view of downtown, it has the right ambient lighting. We are told it is prestigious, so therefore it must be.

Perception.

Hanari took another sip, looking around the bar to the other side. The Japanese love to show off, Hibachi and Bartending often go hand in hand here.

On the other side of the bar, there was a bartender flipping bottles and glasses around like a juggling act at a circus. Flipping the bottle behind his back, he poured the shot from over his shoulder. Hanari counted as the liquid poured.

One thousand

One thousand

One thousand

And the bartender pulled it back. The cup was filled with ice, and a small amount of natural fruit juice at the bottom.

There was only as much booze in that drink as there was in his shot. But the glass was bigger. The show was there. The foreigners loved it.

Perception.

He finished his shot, and flipped the page menu again. Everything here was about perception.

Best of this.

Royal that.

Top this.

Exuisit that.

Everything was designed to make you believe you were getting the best possible deal for your money, all while they continued to slow cook you from underneath.

Hanari ordered another drink. Chilled glass, no ice.

The liqour always tastes better chilled.

On the other side of him was the giant bay window overlooking the city.

He grinned to himself as he looked out over the city below.

Robert Main is all about perception. Robert Main is a normal shot in a bigger glass. People see him as more than he is, but it is because they have been tricked into believing it. Robert Main is just like everyone else but has been packaged and marketing and branded as the best.

Perception.

Hanari grinned again as he sipped his drink. He imagined what Robert Main looked like to Wrestler 82. Hell, the kid was probably shitting his pants right now. Robert Main is the long pour into the pint glass, the jigger with the delay, the extra ice to take up space. Robert Main is an illusion, a perception of our own realities.

He is good because we believe he is good.

Hanari flipped the menu to the back. Deserts.

Closing the menu he turned to the two young women sitting next to him. Smiling, he offered to buy them a drink. Whatever they wanted it was on him.

Reaching in her purse that was hanging on the chair he grabbed her room key, all while smiling at her and nodding. When the bartender came back he slipped it to him, telling him to put it on that room.

"Whatever you want, price is not an issue ladies" he says, "I am going to be a champion soon, after-all."

[Image: WDsAEHO.gif]

"The brightest lights.

The biggest stage.

This is where I shine. That moment when the entire world is watching and something magical happens. Something unexpected. You see, Hanari is a cool cat, and has been climbing the ranks faster and faster around here, but the same road block stands in my way currently that seems to stand in everyone's way.

Robert Main.

Main has been gunning for this title since before I beat Felix for it. Cataclysm's goal to hold every belt in this company can either be made or broken by Chaotic Inc. We are the final step on the quest. Between me and Chris and Peter, Robert Main is going to be a busy man at this Pay Per View. But he can handle it, right? Robert Main seems to have a hand in everything around here. This entire place seems to revolve around what him and Chris Page are going to do. Everyone is waiting with baited breath to hear their next promo to see who they are going to destroy next.

Not me.

I am not afraid of Robert Main or Chris Page. I am not afraid because I see Robert in a different light than everyone else does. I see him right now for what he really is, and not for the facade he puts on when he comes to the ring night in and night out. I see him as vulnerable. I see him as a target. I see Robert Main with few allies and even less friends. I see a cold, calloused man who has partnered up with the one man on this roster he can't beat. Convenient, isn't it?

But we aren't going to beat a dead horse here, we've been down that road before. Robert Main, Chris Page, the unstoppable force and the immovable object. But what happens when one is isolated? What happens when one doesn't have the other? What happens when and unstoppable force or an immovable object meets the perfect storm?

Enter Hanari Carnes.

Robert you may not think much of me because of my affiliations with Chris Chaos. We all know how you feel about him, but you are looping me into a category that I do not belong. Chris and I are different, all he has done is give me the platform I needed to get to the stage I am on, but when it comes to values, beliefs, morals and in ring ability, we are much, much different. And my goal is much different as well. He wants the watch XWF burn to the ground, I want to cleanse and purify it. He wants this company to go out of business, I want it to thrive and flourish. I want the XWF to be competitive for the foreseeable future. How competitive is it really going to be if Cataclysm holds every major belt in the company? How will that look for new talent coming in and their chances here? How will they feeling knowing that they may never get a shot at a title....but hey, competition is fun, right?! This cannot be allowed to continue.

Diversity is a good thing. Dictatorships are not. Believe me, chicano, I gave come from one. I know all about how that works.

You are probably over there thinking that the little kick to head on Savage was personal. It wasn't, ese, it was just business. It was Hanari Carnes reminding Robert Main that he isn't going to just drive down the championship highway with cruise control on. That Robert Main wasn't going to bully people around anymore. That Robert Main was........

Human.

Ahh yes, human. So many times from so many people I have heard those words..."this guy can't be real!" or "I swear he isn't human". Well....I'll tell the world right now, he is human. We proved that....hell, I proved that. When my foot connected with his head, I felt it crack. I felt the bones bending around the impact, I felt the brain jostling inside the skull. I felt Robert Main crumble to the ground beneath my feet and for the first time I felt.......liberated.

Nobody does that to Robert Main. Nobody except Hanari Carnes.

Robert Main is human, believe it or not. And I am pretty sure Robert has a concussion. Men have gotten concussions from a lot less, and I made sure my foot was square. You can no-sell it all you want Main, but I know you're hurting. We've seen this act from you before, but the macho act is growing old. The invincibility is wearing off. You're vulnerable now more than ever. Believe me, I am going to exploit that. I am going to bring you down to your knees again, and finally open your eyes. You are expecting Chaos all over again, but let me assure you that is not the case.

You even took your anger out on him Wednesday like it was his idea........

It was MY idea, Robert. The roles reversed, Chris was MY henchman that night, and we made Robert Main look.........fragile. I am the one, as you know, that bulldozed the remains of APEX that you left behind. The friends you abandoned, the partners you wrote off, the life you left behind. I ended it, buried it, gave it closure.

You're still hunting for that closure, aren't ya? You wanted to be the one to put the wraps on it, but you were nowhere to be found. Robert Main only seems to show his face when he has someone with him to watch his back........notice that?

AX3, APEX, CATACLYSM.

Where is Robert Main by himself? Besides getting his ass kicked and cashed in on by a true XWF legend, what has Main done when he hasn't had backup? Even his 'singles' titles were held when he had a posse behind him, bailing him out and patting his back. You came out on television and you blamed them. You blamed them for leaving you high and dry. All they were guilty of is being sick and tired of putting their career on the line, their wins and losses on the line, their title opportunities on the line, all for the success and 'comfort' of Robert Main. You blamed them when all you had to do was look in a mirror. You know you can't cut the mustard solo. You know you need backup.

That's the difference, Robert. I don't NEED Chaotic Inc to be successful, Chaotic Inc NEEDS ME. Do you honestly think Chris Page isn't going to win that briefcase? Do you think he isn't gonna cash in? You think he won't be the Universal Champ? What happens then? Robert Main will be on his own again. That is why you want this belt, Robert, so that you can look at yourself in comparison to Page and not feel like the lesser of the two.

Honestly, I am proud of you that this promo was done by yourself with Chris holding your hand. Well done, good job.

And Wrestler 82, you poor perro. You've stepped in shit, thinking it was a shallow puddle, and now your waist deep and still sinking. You couldn't just leave well enough alone, could ya kid? Had to get your name in the spotlight, had to get your face on the camera. You wanted to be a star, get your name on the map. This match was supposed to be Main vs. Carnes for the X-Title. Now, its Main vs. Carnes vs. some other guy who just happens to have a belt. Some other guy who is in over his head. Some other guy who isn't ready for what lies ahead. You just had to try to get one up on me while I was on vacation, and now you're stepping into the ring with two of the most dangerous men on the roster. Two men who don't care what they do to their own bodies let alone do to their opponents. Two men who are driven to be the absolute best. You may want to be, but you just aren't there yet. I showed you what happens when you screw with me. I hope you kept that belt warm because your time with it is nigh. Perception is everything, unless you suck.

The world is a cold place, 82, and you are about to find out just how cold it can be.

Viva la Republic!
Viva la Dominicano!
Viva la Hanari Carnes!

[Image: jsviGwY.png]

[Image: 4nIPl3r.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Hanari Carnes's post:
Peter Fn Gilmour (07-18-2020), Theo Pryce (07-24-2020), Thunder Knuckles™ (07-18-2020)