Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-15-2024, 01:12 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Breaking Borders
Hanari Carnes Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

06-19-2020, 01:58 PM

Borders aren't actually a thing. They are an imaginary line drawn in the soil by people who have political and capital gains in mind. Nobody with nothing to gain makes a border, but people with everything to lose want them.

You've never stepped on a border and thought "wow, this really feels like a border." You don't know, and most of the people who made them don't even know. Border's are made to control people, to cage them in an imaginary cage. One side of the sandbox has a certain set of laws and customs, the other side has different ones.

But who is really to say where the line is?

It's often the bigger and stronger kid in the sandbox, and often times, the play spaces are not equal.

Sometimes, the imaginary line is drawn in blood. The 1937 Parsley Massacre is widely regarded as a turning point in Haitian-Dominican relations. The slaughter, carried out by Dominican dictator Rafael Trujillo, targeted Haitians along with Dominicans who looked dark enough to be Haitian -- or whose inability to roll the "r" in perejil, the Spanish word for parsley, gave them away.

Thousands of Haitains were gathered up, or, really, anyone black enough to be Haitian — and shipped them to the border, where they were likely expelled. They were denied citizenship from the onset, so there really wasn't an issue of rounding up 'citizens' falsely.

People became concerned, citizens or not, that they will be indiscriminately targeting people who are darker skinned, black Dominicans, Dominican Haitians and Haitian migrants. There was no science behind how they picked people.They literally looked at you and decided on the spot whether you fit the profile or not.

Hanari stood at this 'border' with his neighboring country. It didn't feel any different than his homeland. Same sandy beaches, same oppressive humidity, same heat, same trees....even the ice blue sky looked the same. To him this felt no different, but his entire life he was told to hate these people. His entire life, the people on the west side of the same piece of earth he called home, were considered lower class, scum of the earth, and not even human beings. He never understood this, but he accepted it, because as a child you cannot make those kind of logical decisions.

With everything going on in the United States currently, Hanari more than understood their burden.

As he looked over into an entirely separate country that shared an island with his, he wondered why.

Why were they among the poorest countries in the world?

Why was their AIDS and Tuberculosis numbers staggeringly higher?

Why were these people often regarded as some of the most oppressed people in the world, when their government doesn't give a shit whether or not they live or die. They aren't oppressed, they're neglected.

Hanari lit his cigar. He exhaled deeply. He hated doing this. Hated comparing the real world to the wrestling world. What went on in that ring was supposed to be his escape from it all. Why can he not escape?

The XWF is very much like this. Those "undesirables" aren't given much of a chance. They are labeled from jump street, and their battle to matter is uphill, both ways. Nobody in the XWF is given anything, but some have it easier than others.

In the Dominican, and, unfortunately, in the United States, its those with a certain color skin. In the XWF, it is those who are most willing to do absolutely anything it takes. Morals? What morals? Look at their Universal Champion for god sakes!

Hanari takes another puff as it becomes clear what he has to do.

Most of the nations in this retched world, most of the "borders" which define them, have been etched with blood. Hanari has painted himself as a hero, both in his home country and in the XWF, but as he said last week, "your favorite hero's are the ones who could also be the villain". He wanted to help the Haitians, he wanted to show them that he is with them in their fight to be something more than the Carribean's landfill. He wanted to help the XWF get back to the glory days they had when he used to watch them religiously. He wanted to get the XWF back to the big leagues.

Help?

Psssht. The only help they understand is violence. He looked over into Haiti with tired eyes, and sighed. These people would never change unless someone changed them, they just weren't designed to. They were set up to fail.

XWF just wouldn't change unless someone did it for them.

He didn't need to cross a border to make a change, he could make the difference right here at home. He could show these people the error of their ways, could open their eyes!

The only thing they understood is violence.

Hanari smoked his cigar down to the nub. He went to flick it into Haiti but stopped.

Why pick on the little guys?

He turned around and flicked it onto the ground within his own country.

The Dominican Republic needed a wake up call, as did the XWF. They would conform, or he would burn them to the ground.

Oh yes.......there will be blood.

[Image: 3gPhxVY.gif]

"So one thing I have always prided myself on is honesty. There is no need to lie, because if you are skilled enough to back your words up then there is no need to hide behind them. I said I was standing toe to toe with giants and your content with swatting flies. You are ducking and dodging haphazard pin attempts but you haven't faced any real competition, in the ring, one on one, for that belt. Well, that stops here, on Savage, on MY show. It stops in New York City, at the World's Most Famous Arena. You look like someone who pulls his pants all the way down to use the urinal, not someone who is the holder of the belt known for being "extreme". You lost it at War Games, and then won it back in a match against two members of the XWF ring crew, and pat yourself on the back like its a real accomplishment. My point still stands, you haven't faced anyone in the same galaxy as "decent" since you've been employed here. You've got a strong gender camouflage game, however. I'll give you that.

Facts are facts, Felix. I have the most devastating submission hold finisher in the business, and anyone who has been locked into it doesn't get out. Just ask Doug Whitford. I didn't break the hold because I was trying to prove a point. I enjoy hurting people. I enjoy the feeling of forcing my opponents to make that decision between submitting to me or facing serious injury. Just be honest hermano, you know that a one on one match with someone like me is above your pay grade. You're still green, still wet behind the ears. Still a baby in this game. You just don't have what it takes. You lack the killer instinct. Could you be good, perhaps. But I am the hero this roster needs, but doesn't deserve. I am weeding out the weak and promoting the strong. I have no problem with you being here, but I do have a problem with you holding a belt that is considered "prestige" when you have done nothing to earn it. Sure, a lackluster pinfall on some scrub who got lucky at War Games, gives you a title....but that is all it is, a title. You aren't a "champion". There is a big difference.

Your fashion sense is cheap, your hair looks like a middle schooler trying to impress the ladies at a dance, and you weigh about as much as a half empty tequila bottle. There is a lot about yourself that you need to fix. I can tell you until I am blue in the face, and you won't listen. Your ego is too big for that. I am going to show you inside that ring. I am going to take you to the woodshed, and show you exactly what it means to be "extreme", chico.

I have been watching some tape, not gonna lie kid, you've got skills. But when the going gets tough, can you survive? Is your pain threshold as high as your move set? This isn't a typical match, perro, this is a bloodbath. A war. It's not even a match, this is a downright fight.

I said the same thing about Warstein...I didn't think he deserved to be champion because of the method in which he won it. I don't think you deserve to be champion because of the method you choose to defend it. You showed the entire world that in a hardcore setting, inside the White House, you folded like a lawn chair. You were all but crying in the corner. You came in with your head held high but the truth, ese, is that you were never a threat. You were the wildcard, the underdog, and you had a chance to rise to the occasion and prove yourself. You shit your pants under pressure, and now the bright lights are on you. You've never felt pressure like this.

Let's run through your title "defenses", shall we? And not those lame 24/7 kickouts. I mean actual defenses. Hell, I can count them on my fingers.

May 2nd....True Forever and Exccentrix? Homie, that was a top down ride through the countryside, not an X-Treme title defense. That's why it was the opening match.

May 16th, Red-X. Red-fucking-X. This was the wrestling equivelant of a mercy fuck, a bone thrown to the resident autistic kid with the hopes he would drop the ball again. You were spoon fed arguably the roster's worst member.

June 13th, you beat Griffin MacAlister and Alexei Medved. You won your little "title" back. Over a newbie who got lucky and an auto mechanic who quit his day job to be even less successful than he was fixing cars.

My point? You've never defended that title against anyone like me. Michael Graves broke you in half at War Games, and that pretty much summed up how you would perform against even mediocre talent in an extreme environment. Talented as you may be, you are better suited in the TV division. You'd have a shot against Thunder Knuckles. I've made him cry, twice, he's soft. You're soft as bread pudding. You two's slap fight would be a perfect match of estrogren and inflated egos.

So now that I have explained how terrible of a champion you are, let me tell you how great of a champion I will be. I am the toughest S.O.B on this roster, and I have stood toe-to-toe with the best in this company. I am climbing up the ranks, and I have impressed the right people. Anyone in the back will tell you that Hanari Carnes is not someone to be messed with. I will be the longest reigning X-Treme Champion in XWF history, I will earn a Universal Title shot, and I will win it. Then, and only then, can you have this belt back because I won't need it anymore. I said on the first day I walked in the door that I was going to make waves. I was going to show up and show out. I was going to beat the best, and I was going to be a champion. I have done that twice over, and now....well, now I get to show the world that I can hold a belt, not just win it. I get to prove to the world that my TV win wasn't a fluke. That my Tag Team title win wasn't a fluke. I am going to show the world that Hanari Carnes is extreme to the core......

So, that being said, I am going to relax tonight. I am going to sit back, smoke a cigar, have some tequila, and watch some Telemundo. I am going to enjoy myself because right now, I have no pressure. All the pressure is on you, Felix. I enjoy pressure. My job, my life, is about to get a lot more hectic, but for the time being, I am going to live it up.

Felix, I'll see you soon. Bring every weapon you can find, because in order to keep me down, you're gonna have to kill me.

See you soon, perro.

[Image: Zl6h7uC.png]

[Image: Gwv4WDK.jpg]

XWF Tag Team Champion, 1 x
XWF Television Champion, 1 x
XWF Record: 13-12
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hanari Carnes's post:
Felix Jones (06-19-2020)